Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow its finally here! Tonight is the night! I can't wait to have my Everwood back. It looks really good. Thanks for the description Maria.

<3..theOC..OTH..GG..EW..AD..DC..<3
Old 04-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Banned

yah! new everwood in 45 minutes!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

I only caught the last 20 minutes of Everwood. I didn't know there was even a new episode this week - kinda shocked. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Yup, it looks like there was a breakup and someone found out about a secret.

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Man, what a great episode! The acting was first rate, and Greg Berlanti delivered another emotion packed episode that really got to the heart of these characters. I was so happy that Nina got custody of Sam, and I thought that Carl was a sleaze to do what he did. I loved the emotion that Andy showed when he testified for Nina, proving what a wonderful friend that he is, and I loved the connection that these two characters have.

I was really glad to see Ephram and Madison break up, and I was also glad to see Amy wake up and rid herself of Tommy. I thought it was cruel of Amy’s “friends” to snub her like they did, but I was so glad to see Bright offer her some encouragement.

The scene with Harold and Andy was devastating, and I hope that Harold will come around and realize that Andy was only trying to help Amy. I really loved the scene between Ephram and Amy at the end, and it was so sweet of Amy to tell Ephram that Madison was dumb to let him go, and that she was going to be really upset when she realizes what she gave up.

Man, Everwood just gets better and better. Bravo, Greg Berlanti. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree It was a great episode. I like Madison alot but I knew her and Ephram would not last.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

I was so happy to finally have a new episode. I had been going through serious Everwood withdrawal.

As for tonights episode: I am happy Madison and Ephram broke up. Tommy and Amy too. I still think they belong together and will get together in the future. I'm glad Nina gets custody of Sam. He was never around I don't know why all of a sudden he thought he would make a good full time dad. If he's vice president how much more time does he think he'll actually spend with Sam? I am glad Amy came home. I liked when Bright finally stuck up for Amy. Page was just completely mean. Amy went through a lot with Colin's death and Laynie was the only one there for her. I can understand why Harold was upset about the BCP's but it seemed to me he overdid the antics with Andy. Well we have to wait another two weeks for another new episode but I'm glad they are coming more quickly now.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

An amazing episode tonight, after a long hiatus. The acting, the writing, even the direction was all put together very nicely. This show just keeps impressing me. So much happened and so much is opened to happening before the seasons end.

Amy: I am so glad that they had her break it off with Tommy and move back home. I also like how there showing Amy's old group and showing her way of seeking redemption.

Ephram: We all knew him and Madison would end when they got together. But, I liked Madison and was all for there relationship. Unfortunatley, there lives got in the way tonight and they had a very sweet and touching breakup, very much mutual.

Andy/Nina/Carl: Nice to see Carl back, post "Nip/Tuck", lol. I felt when they started that this would be Nina loosing Sam, but once Andy gave that speech I realized thankfully, that she as going to keep him. Im glad too, and Im glad Carl realized he didn't necessarily want Sam with him, he just missed him.

Harold/Amy/Andy: WOW! What a way to start up something new. I think we all saw this coming with the birth control pills. In a way Harold is right he should have come to him, but mostly he is taking out anger because it is his daughter. Hopefully, they can break the tension soon.

Bright: Im glad he talked to Amy, and started to give her encouragment. Sweet moment.

Ephram/Amy: The most unlikely, sweetest surprise the fans were all entitled to. And I think the line "I'll pay you a dollar to sit with me" was priceless! It gave the fans of the couple (Greenies) hope. Thank God.

All in all, an amazing episode that left us wanting more. I can't wait for next weeks episode. I wonder what there going to do about Delia now that they broke up. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

[ 04-06-2004: Message edited kpalm83 ]
Old 04-06-2004, 09:36 AM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

It's Everwoods usual perfection. What else can I say?
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
Old 04-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

It was a GREAT episode,indeed.That's the kind of epies that remind you why you fell for this show.

The Andy/Nina,Andy/Harold,Bright/Amy,Amy/Ephram,Anyone/Amy stuff were brilliant.And that ending...*sigh* just perfect [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Passionate Fan

I almost didn't tune in because I thought it would be another repeat. Glad I checked just in case I was wrong. I would have been mad had I missed this episode because it was great.

Love, love, love the new tension between Andy and Dr. A. I see why Harold is upset, but I don't think Andy did anything wrong. BTW, Harold is going to have a cow when he realises Edna knew about this as well. Can't wait to see the fall out.

Bright- I love him. He has gone from the character I liked the least to my second favorite (no one can top Ephram). Loved his little talk with Amy.

Oh there were some great Amy/Ephram scenes. I am glad that Madison and Tommy relationsips are history and Amy & Ephram can hopefully get back to being friends.

Nina/Sam/Carl- How weird was that to see Dylan Walsh of Niptuck back on as Carl. Too weird. Anyways, I am glad Nina got to keep custody of Sam.

Amy- Hmm not to sure yet about her. I think she needed a dose of reality in that things will never be the same again and that just because she is ready to resume where she left off, not everyone will be so forgiving of her. She burned a lot of bridges. With that said, Amy should have slapped that girl.

Anyways, glad Everwood is back and can't wait for next week.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

really good episode. i've missed everwood!

bright was hilarious once again..i love his character!

the whole fight with andy and harold was sad to see happen espacially since ephram and amy are being good friends again but i can understand where they're both coming from. hopefully harold will see where he was coming from eventually.

ephram and madison break up was inevitable. i mean she wasn't even comfortable being out in public with him really. it was the nicest break up that it could have been, though. no yelling or anything, they both were sad that it was happening.

also does anyone else want to know what ephrams present was?

LOVED the amy and ephram scene at the end. wonderful. all of the dialogue was perfect. the whole "that's when you're supposed to say i don't need the dollar" and ephram saying "i won't pass up a good opportunity when i see it." hahaha i loved how it ended with amy saying "we could always get more fries." love it.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Good episode only have two criticisms.

1) Mentioned this in the Laynie thread but... Amy had long since divorced herself from her old friends and had been best friends with Laynie. Yes they had a fight a few days earlier but wouldn't Laynie, especially since their fight was all about Creepy Druggie Guy, be the natural place for her to turn since they were far closer buddies?

2) The breakup scene went on too long. I felt like I was drowning in their melodrama without a life preserver. Now I understand (and very much appreciate) that the show lets the cast showcase their acting chops but the scene at least for me had too much drama. That's not to say it was badly done but I would've preferred something quicker and a bit more sedate.

Scene I particularly liked - Bright cheering Amy up before her dance class.... with the scene where Dr Abbott confronts Dr Brown over the birth control pills close behind.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Administrator

You know, I really did love the scene between Ephram and Amy at the end of this episode, and I’ve already re-watched it several times, but one thing I didn’t like about that whole scenario is Amy’s tendency to use Ephram as a “fall-back guy” when everything else in her life falls apart, much like Joey used to use Dawson as a “fall-back guy” when everything else in her life fell apart on Dawson’s Creek. Ephram is a great guy, and I don’t think that Amy really appreciates what a good friend he is. To be sure, we have seen her express her appreciation at different times, but she’s also hurt Ephram a lot, and she basically ignored him this whole year until she wised up about Tommy and her other friends rejected her, so I hope that she won’t drop him again when someone else or something else gets her attention.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Addicted Fan

I liked this episode a lot. Although the Ephram/Amy scenes have me a bit confused as to what's in store. I mean amy was like jealous of ephram's relationship with madison but i think that might have been because hers with tommy was defunct....

I liked the scene where bright got her to go to dance class and became the big brother, it looks like things are starting to get better there

As for harold's freakout on Andy, I think they both had they both had thier points but it's gonna be real hard for andy to stay away from the abbotts especially when he's dating one and is employing another.
Speaking of which-missed the edna and irv aspect of the show, had gotten used to it

As for andy helping nina, he did owe her and i think he was able to pay back that debt.

On the madison and ephram breakup-i don't really think the scene was too terribly long, i just think it was a wee bit overdramatic because from the way it's scripted it doesn't seem like the last time the topic will come up.

-maria
Old 04-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yea! Amy's finally starting to look and act a bit more like Amy again. Loved Bright still angry with her yet he's got her back when others attack! Perfect big brotherly writing there.

I'm also glad to see more Nina and, although I wasn't happy about Carl trying to get sole custody, I'm glad he's come to terms with his sexuality and he 'saw the light' regarding the custody issue in the end.

Madison... ho-hum... whatever.

And, of course, serious talking to the TV on my part in the Andy/Harold scene. That's my favorite relationship on the show, of course, so this falling out hits me hard. Not entirely bad, just hard. I loved how I could appreciate the perspectives of both men. Andy had his professional ethics he felt bound to uphold... plus he thought he was doing Harold and Amy a favor by making sure a physician who cared was monitoring her rather than sending her to an anonymous clinic. Meanwhile Harold believes that in matters of loyalty and, more importantly, matters of child wellfare, medical ethics be damed, he'd inform Andy if the circumstances were reversed. Harold doesn't open his heart easily and so it's no surprise that he feels betrayed by Andy and is reacting strongly. I wonder how long it will be before the fences are mended...
And they BETTER be mended, eventually...
OR ELSE! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

-Aquillea

[ 04-07-2004: Message edited Aquillea ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread