Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2004, 10:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Shall I presume we have re-runs now since they didn't show us a trailer for next week?
-Aquillea

Last edited by jediwands; 10-23-2021 at 03:24 PM
Old 02-24-2004, 08:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Cried at Colin's scene with Amy and cried at the end when Eph told his dad how much he loves Madi. So basically the episode just almost killed me LOL
Old 02-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Passionate Fan

I have to say that personally, I loved the episode. It kept my interest, moved plotlines along, gave Amy her Colin closure, and overall was just great.

Amy - I know alot of people don't like the Amy storyline anymore, but I think that its one of the most realistic ones on the show. Thats the road that some people go down when they get depressed. Drugs, hanging out with the wrong people, etc... its all just a change in your life that you feel like you need because the way things were before just weren't making you happy. One day though, soon, Amy will realize the path she took has more obstacles and will go back to her old life (living with her parents, speaking with her brother, Ephram, etc.). But as of now she just wanted all that out so she could have a change. Again, I think its one of the more compelling storylines, especially when you've been there and can understand.

Madison/Ephram - Who. Cares. My ears are bleeding from her horrid singing anyway. Someone should have paid me to watch that scene.

Amy/Colin - [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] That was so. sad. But now I can see Amy finally being able to move forward. Closure was something she needed, and its finally something she got.

Amy/Tommy - He'll be gone soon. Especially now that DaddyAbbott knows Tommy's getting his daughter all hyped up on GHB.

Andy/Nina/Linda - I like. Continue. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alright, well, now were in for the long haul till April. Thanks, WB. Really. We love the hiatus. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
Old 02-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Amy - I know alot of people don't like the Amy storyline anymore, but I think that its one of the most realistic ones on the show. Thats the road that some people go down when they get depressed. Drugs, hanging out with the wrong people, etc... its all just a change in your life that you feel like you need because the way things were before just weren't making you happy. One day though, soon, Amy will realize the path she took has more obstacles and will go back to her old life (living with her parents, speaking with her brother, Ephram, etc.). But as of now she just wanted all that out so she could have a change. Again, I think its one of the more compelling storylines, especially when you've been there and can understand.
Just....WORD.Emily did a fantastic job,as always.She's a great actress.

Ok,so I LOVED this episode and I guess this has to do with Mike Erwin's appearance as Colin.Gee,I miss him so much. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Amy-ESipher pretty much said everything I wanted to say on that subject.And I wanna confess that I cried like a baby during the Amy/Colin scene.This was so well written,so well acted....the chemistry,the history,the pain,the love...all of what made this couple so beautiful was there.I suppose this was Mike's farewell to the show [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Too bad,Colin was such a great character.
These goodbyes were soooo...hmm,emotional.I don't know...this was just beautiful.It was a real closure.

Ephram-Greg Smith did a great job too but I can't see any love between him&Madison....maybe because she doesn't love him or was it a lack of chemistry between Greg&Sarah?I suppose both.I'm glad it's coming to an end,so we're gonna get the A/E friendship back.

I love the dads of this show.That last Harold/Amy scene was soooo great.

Quote:
What did the title mean? What were the unspoken truths?
All the couples of this show are having serious issues and none of them wanted to deal with the truth.Ephram&Mad said they were going to have a talk the next day,same goes for Andy&Linda and Amy&Tommy will obviously have to face Tommy's addiction and how Amy's not strong enough,for the moment,to handle that.

The only spoken truth was the Amy/Colin goodbye.

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited SpySyd ]
Old 02-24-2004, 01:17 PM
ggo
New Fan

------------------------------------------------------
What did the title mean? What were the unspoken truths?
------------------------------------------------------

1. Parents know best.

2. That despite how much you don't believe #1 (especially as a teenager), your parents will always be there for you and, in your heart, you know they'll be there for you.

added bonus: If you're lucky, they won't say "I told you so."

Also, hate to be the spoiler, but the Colin scene didn't work for me. Amy is high, intoxicated and is supposed to be having this life-changing normal conversation with her dead boyfriend that, in an instant, makes it all better. Spare me!

Ephram/Madison gonzo: good riddance

Added bonus: maybe no more Madison singing

Andy/Linda gonzo: about time

Added bonus: maybe she'll be so depressed she'll go back to wherever she came from; this character does nada for me - never has, never will

All nits aside, kudos for the writers for tackling tough issues in a sensitive, mature way without preachiness. More often then not, they let the reader decide how to feel about complex subjects, which is fine by me.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
And I wanna confess that I cried like a baby during the Amy/Colin scene.
I just went "Aw... aw....aw!" alot. I'm not a big crier, but I'm so happy that Amy finally got her closure. The next episode should be awesome.
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
Old 02-24-2004, 05:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Another good episode.

Hmm lets start with the fact that I am glad that I am not the only one who thought Madison's/Sarah's singing was terrible. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

OK Ephram- My poor baby. He really does like Madison, but does not have the maturity/experience to know how to deal with the entire situation. It is very clear though that Madison does not feel the same way and she being the more mature one should be honest with him back when he told her he loved her. Anyways, this relationship is all but over.

Amy- Well what to say. I wanted to slap her silly for taking the date rape drug. Uh how dumb can she be. But I loved the rest especially the scene with Colin. Hopefully, she will start to get better andmend her relationships. Anyways, she needs to kick Tommy to the curb. BTW, glad that she felt like she could call Dr. A to come and help.

Andy- I like that he is real supportive of Nina. As for Linda, last week she was telling him he needed to be there for Nina and now she is uncomfortable with how much he is being there for Nina. Too much of a 180 and it seemed as though it came from nowhere. So I sided with Andy on this one, though I can sort of see why Linda is concerned.

Bright- So proud of him. I wanted to reach through the TV an hug him silly for getting good grades.

Love to see Dr. A and Rose as always. Liked that Rose told Amy they would be there for her.

Can't wait to see the fall out/resolution of these storylines. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

it's not the best episode of this second season but it's good. i really liked andy/ephram relationship in this episode.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved the Andy and Nina interactions this episode, I really missed their scenes together. I thought Linda sort of overreacted to Andy being there for Nina. I did like that Andy told Linda to get over it (though he could have worded it differently.) and that he cherished that friendship. But him saying he's gotten over harder stuff to be with her was so uncalled for. I don't blame her for getting upset at that.

Amy finding out that Ephram slept with Madison was such a great scene. And then her getting all angry with Tommy IMO had something to do with it as well, not just the grades.

Watching her destruct is getting so hard. First the grade issue with her parents and then taking drugs with Tommy. UGH, can this be done now? At least the dream scene with Colin where she says goodbye felt like maybe the first step in her moving on with her life.

Madison just seems like she's always whining about something or arguing with Ephram over something. And now she doesn't really want Ephram to use a fake ID and get into a bar? She's just so inconsistent. I agree her singing isn't great.

Ephram getting drunk was cringey but once again Madison was treating him like a child. And Ephram saying he felt like he was always begging with her was so true. I just hate how she treats him. This relationship sucks so badly. I hate them even more than I hate Tommy and Amy lol. So glad it finally seems to be over?

The Ephram/Andy scene was touching at the end. I like it so much more now that they get along. And just as Andy predicted, Ephram got his heart broken. Sigh.

Amy calling her dad at the end was great! I'm so glad Harold came through and helped her. Come on Amy, wake up.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I really loved the Andy and Nina interactions this episode, I really missed their scenes together. I thought Linda sort of overreacted to Andy being there for Nina. I did like that Andy told Linda to get over it (though he could have worded it differently.) and that he cherished that friendship. But him saying he's gotten over harder stuff to be with her was so uncalled for. I don't blame her for getting upset at that.
I love how we see the slow progression of Andy/Nina. They take a long while to get to the romantic relationship but the signs are there in seasons 1/2/3 before they ultimately get together.

Quote:
Amy finding out that Ephram slept with Madison was such a great scene. And then her getting all angry with Tommy IMO had something to do with it as well, not just the grades.
Great point. Most certainly the anger had to do with finding out about Ephram/Madison.

Quote:
Madison just seems like she's always whining about something or arguing with Ephram over something. And now she doesn't really want Ephram to use a fake ID and get into a bar? She's just so inconsistent. I agree her singing isn't great.

Ephram getting drunk was cringey but once again Madison was treating him like a child. And Ephram saying he felt like he was always begging with her was so true. I just hate how she treats him. This relationship sucks so badly. I hate them even more than I hate Tommy and Amy lol. So glad it finally seems to be over?
ME TOO! I despise Ephram/Madison a million times more than Amy/Tommy. With Amy/Tommy it made sense given where Amy was in her life. She needed a Tommy to sort of help her stroke her depression. It honestly made sense. He was just kind of there and eventually you knew he'd be a dick and she'd get rid of him which she did. They didn't have sex, there was nothing illegal about their relationship, and for the most part, it was done before it got started.

Ephram/Madison was an ultimate disaster by comparison... adult/child relationship, they had gross illegal sex, Ephram was spinning around like a top due to how she treated him. Ephram literally shows much more immaturity in season 2 with Madison over most of his moments in season 1. I hated how he regressed some. He gets it all back together at the end of season 2/beginning of season 3 and it's not a coincidence he's finally away from Madison at that point with his head on straight again.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread