Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

Episode Discussion: Episode 215 "The L-Word"

Ephram (Gregory Smith) is horrified and heartbroken after he impulsively tells Madison (guest star Sarah Lancaster) that he loves her and she doesn't reciprocate. Meanwhile, Linda (Marcia Cross) naively agrees to watch Delia (Vivien Cardone) overnight so that Andy (Treat Williams) can accompany Ephram and his piano teacher, Will (guest star James Earl Jones), to a jazz competition in Boulder, and Amy (Emily VanCamp) breaks up with Tommy (guest star Paul Wasilewski) after realizing she might not be able to trust him again.

Chris Pratt and Stephanie Niznik also star. Michael Schultz directed the episode written by John E. Pogue.

I missed the whole teaser! Can someone debrief me? I came in during the credits.

Want some definite answers about Ephram and Madison.

[ 02-16-2004: Message edited MARIAROCKS000 ]

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 02-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Loyal Fan

lmfao, is it just me, or was Ephram just walking down the hall like hot **** because he got laid? So amusing. You didn't miss much before the credits, Ephram was just all happy walking through school talking to people all "hey there" and stuff.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Seriously! I can't believe I missed it! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

"I know who you are..."

Old 02-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Omg it was so amusing! There was this great music on, and it was just him walking and it was a closeup on his feet and then it panned up, lol it was great. He was all "hey guys!" and he told Amy that it was nice to smile sometimes and she should try it.
And AH! How evil was Madison? I mean come on. Say you love the kid. Meanie.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Next week's episode looks so great...can't wait to see it!
Old 02-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Master Fan

Yes, I agree. The opening was awesome! It was funny seeing Ephram act like he was a pimp after he lost his virginity. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Didn't care too much about the other stuff but I am glad that it seems Amy dumped Tommy. I just want Ephram and Madison to break up now. I think both couples come to their breaking points next week.

-Christy
Old 02-17-2004, 03:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ugh. I wanted some dialogue about them having sex. Oh well.

Nina was in it! Yay!

Delia is an evil child.

Amy was such a beeotch to Laynie... that just made me mad.

"I know who you are..."

Old 02-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

Did Amy really break up with Tommy?I'm not so sure...at the end,it seemed like they had gotten together again...

And yeah,as much as I like Amy,she was real mean to Laynie but hey,maybe Amy will realize it's not worth losing everyone in her life....but in the same time I can see why she decided to stay close to him...I can see where she's coming from...she really wanna help him.But I think she should be his friend and not his GF.She's surely gonna end up hurting...

That was a weird ep for Ephram....For once,Bright seemed like the more mature one...I'm counting the days till Ephram and Amy find each other again...

My guess is that by the next ep,we'll be done with Madison [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] At least,I hope so...

ETA:Where was Harold?!I missed him.

[ 02-17-2004: Message edited SpySyd ]
Old 02-17-2004, 12:26 PM
New Fan

I was surprised with last night's episode. I usually gravitate toward the Amy/Ephraim scenes, there were none last night and I still thought it was an excellent episode. Looks like Madison and Ephraim are doomed, we knew it was going to end, better sooner than later I guess. I respect Madison for not lying and going for the easy answer and saying "I love you" and not meaning it. I think that, on top of Ephraim's insane trip to talk to her during the competition, have sealed their fate. The scene at the jazz festival was tough to watch, but Ephraim shined through at the mall, it was good to she all the folks standing around to watch his performance. I love the idea of Will being Ephraim's piano teacher, good to see Andy wouldn't fire him even though he saw that Will was going deaf. That was also a very sad storyline. Delia seeing Linda take all tose drugs will make for some interesting TV as that whole thing starts to unravel. Good to see Nina save the day again. She and Andy belong together.

Now on to what really concerned me this episode, Amy acting stupid over a guy. The scene where her and Laynie's friendship desolved was powerful and told us a lot about Amy's inability to make wise choices. Laynie has been nothing but good to Amy and she slapped her in the face. Layne has such a good view of what is going on and Amy, once again, only sees what she wants to see. The fact that she took Tommy back when she knew he was not only selling drugs but also using them, shows she is not thinking rationally about anything. The frustrating thing is you know she wants to do the right thing, but she is unable to see that leaving Tommy is the right thing. The writers sure are doing a good job or portraying her in a unfavorable light. You just want someone to slap some sense into that girl. It looks like circumstances may take care of that next episode. I can't believe that next week is the last episode before the March/April break. What a bummer.

[ 02-17-2004: Message edited j.m. ]

Old 02-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Passionate Fan

OK last nights episode was another good one, but since Everwood hardly ever has a crappy episode that is not surprising.

Lets start with Ephram. OMB how hysterical was the teaser with him walking down the hallways, with this stupid grin on his face acting like the mack daddy. I was LMAO he was so obvious and so adoreable. The I love you was very ackward and poor Ephram doesn't have the experience to know how to handle it. Madison wasn't that much better I notice. Yep, this pairing is on its last leg. Break up should be soon.

BTW, I love James Earl Jones and I love his character. He is such a grouch. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Amy- Hmm not sure what to say about this girl. For a hot minute I thought she actually was going to be smart and act like a mature young adult. But after the Layne/Amy incident I really have no more words for her. Uh duh? Laynie is trying to help her and like the others, she dumps her and makes it all about crack head Tommy. Someone buy Amy a clue. Tommy is not only a drug dealer, but he is a druggie. Nothing good can come from this relationship. I know that some will excuse her behavior and talk about her depression, but really. How many people does she have to turn against for her to grow up already and get over herself.

I actually like the Delia/Linda parts for a change. First they were hysterical and poor Linda. Delia can be such a brat, but I still like her. The scene where Delia saw Linda taking her meds was powerful and the fact that she is keeping it to her self says a lot as well. I know I might be wrong for this, but Andy needs to end it with Linda. And yes because of the HIV thing. He might be able to deal with another inevitable loss, but seriously can Delia. The scene brough it home to me, that this little girl will actually have to watch Linda die eventually and is that fair to her. She is already developing some sort of attachment to Linda and this little girl has already lost one mother. I don't think she can stand to loose another one to death. If Andy was single and had no other responsibilities, then I say go for it. But with his kids its a different matter. I will have to think on this some more.

Well we got a little Nina, but no Harold, Edna and Irv. Hope next weeks we can have them all.

Anyways, next week looks good as well and I am looking forward to it.

Old 02-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't know if Amy broke UP with him or just...told him that she can't be the one who keeps him sane. You know? She just kind of made it clear that she can't be the one thing in his life holding him together. *shrug* He looks freaky on drugs though, woo, go tanning or something. He is one pale boy.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:46 AM
New Fan

I often find Amy one of the most realistic characters on this show. She's a girl who tries to do the right thing, is mired in a lot of personal problems, and can have large lapses in judgment (not breaking up with Tommy). I also love Emily Van Camp's portrayal of her.
Ephram strutting down the hall made me think of two things. The first was John Travolta at the start of Saturday Night Fever (You should be dancin'...), and the second thing was Bart Simpson in the episode where he fell in love with Reverend Lovejoy's daughter (There's only one thing to do at a time like this; strut!).
Old 04-21-2017, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't like the opening with Ephram walking down the hall. It was this cliche montage that we've seen on other shows and the idea of him sleeping with Madison gives me the heeby jeebies anyways.

I cringed when Ephram said he loved her because this kid just has this schoolboy crush on Madison and I just dont see this relationship at all as a lasting thing. It hasnt felt that was from the very beginning. He's way more into it than she is. Even when he told her why he went back home she flipped out and got all weird on him again. It was so annoying. I just dont like how she treats him.

Tommy is shady AF and its too bad the "break up" with him didn't stick. Amy is just really frustrating this season! She knows she's making the wrong decisions but she continues to make them because the likes the idea of feeling safe in a relationship.

Laynie was totally right in everything that she was saying to Amy, but at a certain point she should have let it go because your friends are going to make stupid decisions and date horrible people. I sort of wish she had been more understanding and just told Amy to be careful... At the same time a drug addict can be scary and at that point maybe Laynie should have gone to Amy's parents? IDK, thats a tough situation.

I enjoyed the Linda/Delia interactions. Delia was awful all episode but at least they shared a cute moment at the end there.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada (View Post)
I often find Amy one of the most realistic characters on this show. She's a girl who tries to do the right thing, is mired in a lot of personal problems, and can have large lapses in judgment (not breaking up with Tommy). I also love Emily Van Camp's portrayal of her.
I wish you were still around. I completely agree. It's why Amy is my favorite character... she is absolutely a realistic character because she's flawed but at the heart of Amy is a decent person always wanting to do the right thing. She has endless issues on her plate that a normal teenager usually never has (having a boyfriend in a coma who happens to be your childhood best friend) so she makes mistakes and has her moods and errors in judgement. But she always finds a way to work things out no matter what. Emily VanCamp was made to play Amy Abbott. She was magical.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I didn't like the opening with Ephram walking down the hall. It was this cliche montage that we've seen on other shows and the idea of him sleeping with Madison gives me the heeby jeebies anyways.
Me too.

Quote:
I cringed when Ephram said he loved her because this kid just has this schoolboy crush on Madison and I just dont see this relationship at all as a lasting thing. It hasnt felt that was from the very beginning. He's way more into it than she is. Even when he told her why he went back home she flipped out and got all weird on him again. It was so annoying. I just dont like how she treats him.
He is just a kid with this crush on an adult... yes, she was an adult.

She treats him like trash too. He's constantly hurt over her attitude, off and on switch that she dictates, etc. She basically did the exact opposite that Andy asked of her... he told her not to hurt Ephram knowing he couldn't stop the illegal relationship. What does she do? Confuses, hurts him from the start, and then they get pregnant to put to ultimate, gross cherry on top.

Quote:
I enjoyed the Linda/Delia interactions. Delia was awful all episode but at least they shared a cute moment at the end there.
I really liked some Linda/Delia moments. I actually enjoyed Linda with Delia and Harold over Andy for the most part.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread