Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I idnt get the chance to finish watching the episode because, i was recording it, and not recording the commericals i completely forgot to tape it so can someone tell me what happened. I watched up to the part where jake gilfriend some back and amy is leaving the school.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Hey True Daisy. Good to hear from you. If you want a detailed recap of the entire episode and more specifics on what went on, I would suggest you head on over to TWoP to get a full episode commentary. They have, what I think, are very good recaps with lots of good humor and sarcasm intertwined. Good stuff.. And trust me, they can do a better job than I could ever do.

Here's the site..

www.televisionwithoutpity.com

Click on where it says, "Shows" and then, of course, choose Everwood.. Then click on the episode you want recapped.

Just wanted to let you know that I went over to the site and they don't have the full recap of Giving Up The Girl , just yet. Usually, it's up Sunday evening, so my guess is, this episode will be ready to view sometime tonight. Of course, the other past episodes like Complex Guilt are there for viewing.

If you have more specific questions, feel free to PM me.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got a new disc in the mail

Of course Jake would have a relationship in Los Angeles. He's a good looking guy, he's reasonably nice. But to just "phase her out"? What does that even mean? He doesn't want to break the girl's heart. But what happens when he doesn't call back. That can be really emotionally damaging. Jerk! And why does it have to happen when Nina and Jake are in a good place. Why can't Nina have a guy in her life without previous relationships, previous committments to previous relatoinships? Why can't she have someone normal. Yeah, most would say Andy, but yeah, he's not normal. I'll get to that in later episodes. I have a beef with him But I do have to give props to Jake about figuring out who Nina's high school guy is. He's faster than most gossip ridden Everwood residents are. He's really becoming part of the town and I can say that I'm not sad about it. I kinda like Jake, but I know it won't last long. It didn't before. I know he'll piss me off again, give him time!

Yes! And Delia getting her "Aunt Flo" (oh Andy ). I felt great for her, empowered. But then Andy, being the man, he had to go and tell the coach that another reason for them to know she's a girl. Andy JUST DOES NOT THINK LIKE A FATHER. SOmetimes I wonder if Andy thinks about what he says before he BLURTS them out. Oh Andy, you have lots to learn in my Season 5 buddy, LOTS.

And obviously Andy is still on the GUILT TRIP with Amanda. Seriously, has he thought about what he's doing. Did he ever remember the time he caught Madison and Ephram in the living room and forbid Ephram to see Madison? And Madison, she was four years older, but she wasn't married. Her husband wasn't in intensive care for almost dying of a stroke. I mean come on, where do the indescrescions begin. Is Andy really that out of the loop when it comes to right and wrong. I just can't say enough about this absurd, disgusting storyline. What if Julia had seen this? Him betraying John? I mean did he not pay any attention to his feelings when he found out Julia had cheated on him? And then having to relive those feelings when telling Ephram it was Julia who met someone and not him. What is this? Some poor attempt for Andy to realize how wrong it is to see a woman who's married and her husband happens to be the vicitim of a stroke? If I could throw ANdy over the kissing Bridge, I WOULD! Give me time! Ugh, so much.....DDBAJHDFKLDFDKFJDFJDL!

Cameron...there whould be a show about Cameron! She is just too much. I can't see why Jake ever was ever with her. I get the 'opposites attract' bit but she was from another planet! Coming to Nina's at 9AM with candy rocks? What in the devil are candy rocks? They look like sparklers you shoot off in the 4th of July! Sheesh, so much to learn for the woman, not enough time to teach her. I can't believe that Nina told Cameron about Carl being gay. I guess Nina's more comfortable with it more now than she was then. But I'm just saying that Cameron is just not the person you tell important things to. Because then she tends to, in a broken hearted jealous rage, lashes back at them and usees those truths against them. Oh and if there was a plot to get the fans on the side of Jake Hartman, it kinda worked. I felt for him when hearing the story of the kid actor ODing on his pain prescriptions. He was just doing his job. And for the senior partners when business is good, they don't question the ethics. And while ethics were okay, it didn't have a great outcome. But it got him to get to Everwood and realize what's important.

I had to say that I was so afraid for Amy when she wanted to take up ballet five nights a week in Denver. I knew this would lead to her rearranging her entire life. She wants to do it all, and there's nothing wrong with that, but Amy Abbott is alreayd perfect, she doesn't need to fix anything. (a bit of Ephram is inside of me) Even though it was wrong of the instructor to tell Amy that she's ten pounds overweight and about sixteen years too late, but it's reality. Amy had this ambition which is usually enough, but ballet is not something you master in a week, a month or a year. It's something you have since birth! And Amy is great at a lot of things and if she's not, she puts all her time and effort into making sure that she is. And in this case, it's not healthy. I'm glad Harold called her on it and gave her some ideas, as well as Eprham, gave her ideas to do something else, be great at what you're already passionate about and not becuase you have more time because you and your boyfriend (who is a dreamy guy, let's not foreget) figured out some schedule so neither one of them has to give up on their dreams.

Delia broke my heart tonight Ephram, he didn't have a great relatinship with Andy, but still, he could pick up things on what Andy does on a day to day basis and put them into his own life. But Delia, she has nowhere to go. I agree, talking to Nina about her 'thing' probably isn't very comfortable. Nina, is a great mothering figure, but she's not her mom. Julia would make Delia feel such at ease with growing up, her body changing. But that won't happen. But I loved the talk that Amy and Delia had. Amy is right and I believe that that conversation helped Amy as much as it did Delia. Oddly, those girls are going through the same situations, just the dymanics are quite different. I just want them to have more conversations in the future about growing up. But alas, with convos on this thread, I don't think that happens. And her first cramps. I feel for her. I was so excited when I was 'growing up' and now, not so much
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He's really becoming part of the town and I can say that I'm not sad about it. I kinda like Jake, but I know it won't last long. It didn't before. I know he'll piss me off again, give him time!
I liked Jake..but at the time...I wanted him to piss me off as well. I wanted something to make Nina leave him because I so wanted her to be with Andy.
Quote:
Yes! And Delia getting her "Aunt Flo" (oh Andy ). I felt great for her, empowered. But then Andy, being the man, he had to go and tell the coach that another reason for them to know she's a girl. Andy JUST DOES NOT THINK LIKE A FATHER. SOmetimes I wonder if Andy thinks about what he says before he BLURTS them out. Oh Andy, you have lots to learn in my Season 5 buddy, LOTS.
I found that scene unbelievable! Poor poor embarrassed Delia! Stupid stupid Andy. And stupid stupid coach who LOUDLY repeated what Andy said so that EVERYONE on the team would hear.

Didn't you just love Ephram's scene with Delia? "Daaaaaaad!!!"

Quote:
And obviously Andy is still on the GUILT TRIP with Amanda. Seriously, has he thought about what he's doing.
I could never get over Andy and Amanda and how sleazy and immoral the whole thing was.

As far as throwing Andy off the Kissing Bridge? Too bad Edna blew it up!

Quote:
Even though it was wrong of the instructor to tell Amy that she's ten pounds overweight and about sixteen years too late, but it's reality.
Yes, but I still think that Instructor was a jerk.

Quote:
But I loved the talk that Amy and Delia had. Amy is right and I believe that that conversation helped Amy as much as it did Delia. Oddly, those girls are going through the same situations, just the dymanics are quite different. I just want them to have more conversations in the future about growing up. But alas, with convos on this thread, I don't think that happens. And her first cramps. I feel for her. I was so excited when I was 'growing up' and now, not so much
Yes, I love Delia/Amy interactions...make sure you have loads of them in your Season 5!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
I got a new disc in the mail
Seconded the

Agreed with Betty on needing more Delia/Ephram. There is a scene from near the end of S3 that we really need closure on still! I'm sure you'll know it when you see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Yes, but I still think that Instructor was a jerk.
Agreed. The piano instructor that told Ephram it was too late, no practicing mattered, may have been almost right, but there's a way to go about things. I understand that there is effectiveness in being blunt, but there's a very thin line between being blunt and just being mean for the sake of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
Of course Jake would have a relationship in Los Angeles. He's a good looking guy, he's reasonably nice. But to just "phase her out"? What does that even mean? He doesn't want to break the girl's heart. But what happens when he doesn't call back. That can be really emotionally damaging. Jerk!
The cracks are starting to show in Jake trying to be "perfect". He's not. Which is good, because if he was TOO nice, I think we would have all wanted to smack him.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Didn't you just love Ephram's scene with Delia? "Daaaaaaad!!!"
oh I just adored it. I had seen the clip a million times on youtube, but I didn't really know any of the rest of the episode. I find it rather entertaining that Ephram carries the weight of the world but calls his dad into help Delia and her...womanhood.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
oh I just adored it. I had seen the clip a million times on youtube, but I didn't really know any of the rest of the episode. I find it rather entertaining that Ephram carries the weight of the world but calls his dad into help Delia and her...womanhood.
Yes, Ephram was more willing to help his dad deliver a baby than to help Delia and her...womanhood.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

what would happen when Delia asks Ephram a question about sex!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
what would happen when Delia asks Ephram a question about sex!
What would happen?
"Ninaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"
Old 09-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
What would happen?
"Ninaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"
Yup, sounds about right.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can see that now.

little note, I can't write just simple things. So this turned into something a lot longer. But I can tell ya, a lot more heart

SCENE:

[Ephram is in the garage, writing some notes...Delia walks in]

DELIA: Hey, what's up?
EPHRAM: Oh, uhh, Chopin?
DELIA: Shopping? Ephram, you don't shop?
EPHRAM: [laughing] It's Chopin...a pianist and one who I'm failing at.
DELIA: Then why are you doing it if you're you're failing at it?"
EPHRAM: Because someday, hopefully soon, I will get better at it and hopefully master it. Like you wanted to get really great at Hockey and you practiced until you got better at it. Same thing...sorta.
DELIA: Okay. [she continues sitting there, silently, beside him]
EPHRAM: [he grins]. Is there something you want?
DELIA: I do have a question.
EPHRAM: [setting his music on the table] What's up?
DELIA: How did you feel when you were ready to have sex with Madison?
EPHRAM: [stuttering] ...Umm...well...why do you want to know?
DELIA: I heard some girls talking in the hallway at school about knowing that he was ready to have sex. I want to know, how did you know you were ready?

Without uttering a word, Ephram got up and walked in the house.

EPHRAM: NINA!?
DELIA: They're gone, parent-teacher conference with Sam.
EPHRAM: Great. Can't you wait until Nina gets back? She's much better at this stuff than I am, since you're a...umm...
DELIA: Girl.
EPHRAM: Yeah, that. I think she'd be better, don't you think?
DELIA: But what do you think, since you're closer to my age than dad is and Nina.

Ephram sighed mumbled a few words and took Delia into the kitchen, they sat at the table.

EPHRAM: I wasn't ready to be with Madison. I can't explain it to you, but it's something you feel in your heart. It's something that no one else can feel for you. And I had an opporutnity and I took it. And there's something you should know. Once sex happens, for the first time, you can't ever get it back. It's special and it always should be especially when it's with the right person.
DELIA: Then you're saying Madison wasn't special?
EPHRAM: [entwinging his fingers] Not as special as it could've been.
DELIA: Like with Amy?
EPHRAM: [slightly choked] You know what Amy and I did?
EPHRAM: Not really, but I kind of put it together overtime. Well, just now really. You were happier, you talked to her more, you smiled more. It made you happy. And you talking about it being special just put the ideas there. Was it that perfect moment for you and Amy?
EPHRAM: [smiling] Yeah, as close to perfect as one can get.
DELIA: Good. [she got up and walked away]
EPHRAM: So did you still want to talk to Nina? I can leave her a note.
DEILA: No you pretty much answered my questions. Thanks, Ephram.

Ephram grabbed a soda out of the fridge as he heard the door open. The family was home. Andy came into the kitchen.

ANDY: Ephram, I thought you would be in the studio today?
EPHRAM: [holds up the can] Thirsty.
ANDY: How did everything go?
EPHRAM: Great...perfect.
ANDY: Anything happen while we were gone?
EPHRAM: Not much, I just gave Delia her first sex talk, other than that, it was pretty quiet around here.

ANDY stood in the kitchen, processing Ephram's words.

ANDY: What did you do?
EPHRAM: Delia had some questions and I answered them. Nina wasn't here, you weren't here, she wanted to know.
ANDY: What did you tell her?
EPHRAM: That waiting makes everything a lot easier.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Patricia, I just read this..and I have to say that I think it's absolutely perfect. I can just picture Ephram saying those words to Delia. I wish that we would have seen a beautiful scene like this.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Seconding how perfect that is, Patricia. Funny (NINA! and Ephram mumbling out that Delia is a girl) and also very sweet. That's exactly how I'd want that conversation to go.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 09-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it was perfect in my imagination as well. oh what to do as a followup to that scene *rubs hands together*
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
it was perfect in my imagination as well. oh what to do as a followup to that scene *rubs hands together*
*also rubs hands together* One more disc until S4, right? And then a bunch of watching until your S5!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread