Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2017, 10:52 AM
  #61
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I totally agree with that whole thing ^.

Irv is kind of a random narrator iMO. lol.

Yeah, the whole episode did feel like forced drama.
Exactly which is not the norm of this series.

The running theme is Madison. Berlanti went with one big time soap opera storyline and that was the Madison pregnancy. Everything that stems from this situation is soapy as a result. Remove the Madison pregnancy and the soap is gone. I really wish Berlanti never would have conjured up the character of Madison in the first place. She lingered forever and it was so annoying. So many characters had WTF moments as a result of this horrible character.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:49 PM
  #62
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 89,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Exactly which is not the norm of this series.

The running theme is Madison. Berlanti went with one big time soap opera storyline and that was the Madison pregnancy. Everything that stems from this situation is soapy as a result. Remove the Madison pregnancy and the soap is gone. I really wish Berlanti never would have conjured up the character of Madison in the first place. She lingered forever and it was so annoying. So many characters had WTF moments as a result of this horrible character.
As much as I hate Madison, I also thought that the Andy and Amanda affair was pretty distasteful and pretty soapy, but at least it didn't haunt the entire series like the Madison pregnancy storyline did. Madisongate did so much harm to the core relationships on the show, and I wish that it never happened.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:14 PM
  #63
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
As much as I hate Madison, I also thought that the Andy and Amanda affair was pretty distasteful and pretty soapy, but at least it didn't haunt the entire series like the Madison pregnancy storyline did. Madisongate did so much harm to the core relationships on the show, and I wish that it never happened.
I included Andy/Amanda as Madison-related too... Andy received the bleeding ulcer since he was essentially punishing himself as a result of keeping the pregnancy from Ephram. He was physically and emotionally breaking down during this time period all due to guilt... guilt he shouldn't have had since he tried to stop Ephram and Madison but they wouldn't listen to him. Andy's stomach was being eaten away due to the guilt and he was making terrible decisions as well to punish himself further by dating Amanda. Without Madison/Madisongate, the bleeding ulcer and Andy/Amanda never would have happened.

In addition, Ephram/Amy and Ephram/Andy wouldn't have broken up temporarily, Delia wouldn't have been hurt and disappointed, the Ephram band lie never would have happened, Amy's heart wouldn't have broken into a million pieces. It all leads back to Madison.

Last edited by The Apt; 10-03-2017 at 05:24 PM
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:33 PM
  #64
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 89,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I included Andy/Amanda as Madison-related too... Andy received the bleeding ulcer since he was essentially punishing himself as a result of keeping the pregnancy from Ephram. He was physically and emotionally breaking down during this time period all due to guilt... guilt he shouldn't have had since he tried to stop Ephram and Madison but they wouldn't listen to him. Andy's stomach was being eaten away due to the guilt and he was making terrible decisions as well to punish himself further by dating Amanda. Without Madison/Madisongate, the bleeding ulcer and Andy/Amanda never would have happened.

In addition, Ephram/Amy and Ephram/Andy wouldn't have broken up temporarily, Delia wouldn't have been hurt and disappointed, the Ephram band lie never would have happened, Amy's heart wouldn't have broken into a million pieces. It all leads back to Madison.
You're absolutely right Michelle. Yes, Madison was the catalyst for so much misery and unhappiness on the show.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:13 AM
  #65
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
You're absolutely right Michelle. Yes, Madison was the catalyst for so much misery and unhappiness on the show.
It's so unfortunate. Everwood was better than that. We didn't need that troll lingering for so long.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:20 PM
  #66
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 128,043
at least it wasnt a main plot though and amy didnt really know about it for the first part of season 3. i mean, yes it was annoying that it was lingering but we didnt have to see madison and e/a got a little bit of time to be happy.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:10 PM
  #67
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
at least it wasnt a main plot though and amy didnt really know about it for the first part of season 3. i mean, yes it was annoying that it was lingering but we didnt have to see madison and e/a got a little bit of time to be happy.
That's true. It's also easier to watch in reruns because we know how things work out in the end for EA. Plus, Madison looked like a complete moron in NY. She looked like a villain. I will never understand how anyone liked her. Believe it or not, some people (small group) did and I will never get it.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:16 PM
  #68
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 128,043
She just wasnt that exciting of a character to evoke much from me tbh. She was boring af.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:16 PM
  #69
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 15,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
She just wasnt that exciting of a character to evoke much from me tbh. She was boring af.
Madison was nothing interesting as far as character goes. She was one dimensional and she was introduced only for one reason - drama.

I could tell you that it definitely helped that I binged watched the show when I was watching it. Instead of spanning it over a year, I would complete a season for a week. As a result I did not have frustration over that Madisongate story for long period and it did not linger for me. It does help in the grand scheme of things. It's different when you have to watch it unfold and explode every week.
__________________
No siempre los hace felices (a los humanos) obtener lo que quieren, ni siempre lo hace infelices no obtenerlo. Si la felicidad esta hecha de todo aquello que se pueda alcanzar, solo es posible la infelicidad.
secretk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:13 AM
  #70
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
She just wasnt that exciting of a character to evoke much from me tbh. She was boring af.
She was one-dimensional and only served a certain purpose. She wasn't threatening, she was just annoying.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:16 AM
  #71
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Madison was nothing interesting as far as character goes. She was one dimensional and she was introduced only for one reason - drama.

I could tell you that it definitely helped that I binged watched the show when I was watching it. Instead of spanning it over a year, I would complete a season for a week. As a result I did not have frustration over that Madisongate story for long period and it did not linger for me. It does help in the grand scheme of things. It's different when you have to watch it unfold and explode every week.
Excellent point. Oh yes, the experience of watching the series live, waiting for a new episode weekly definitely made the Madisongate story tougher to deal with. The storyline seemed like it had been going on forever as you waited for the bomb to go off at any moment. Admittedly, it was the most annoying part of watching the show by far. You waited week after week for both Andy/Ephram and you figured at least temporarily, Ephram/Amy to crumble once the truth came out.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:49 PM
  #72
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 128,043
That's probably why it didnt bother me much either because my first time watching I watched the season quickly as well and this time, same thing. Thank God.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:02 AM
  #73
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 15,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Excellent point. Oh yes, the experience of watching the series live, waiting for a new episode weekly definitely made the Madisongate story tougher to deal with. The storyline seemed like it had been going on forever as you waited for the bomb to go off at any moment. Admittedly, it was the most annoying part of watching the show by far. You waited week after week for both Andy/Ephram and you figured at least temporarily, Ephram/Amy to crumble once the truth came out.
This is true. I honestly rarely watch shows like normal people do . I almost always wait for more episodes to binge watch them. Binge watching is what I prefer. Plus this way I can read the overall reviews for the show before deciding if it's worth or not.
__________________
No siempre los hace felices (a los humanos) obtener lo que quieren, ni siempre lo hace infelices no obtenerlo. Si la felicidad esta hecha de todo aquello que se pueda alcanzar, solo es posible la infelicidad.
secretk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:42 PM
  #74
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
That's probably why it didnt bother me much either because my first time watching I watched the season quickly as well and this time, same thing. Thank God.
That's good.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:44 PM
  #75
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
This is true. I honestly rarely watch shows like normal people do . I almost always wait for more episodes to binge watch them. Binge watching is what I prefer. Plus this way I can read the overall reviews for the show before deciding if it's worth or not.
I actually like that way too. There's some shows I have to watch live or a day or two after an episode like The Flash and Riverdale. They are guilty pleasures but overall, I prefer waiting too or watching in bunches. I am like that with loving to read reviews too. I also am weird but I go on forums and read what people are saying about a particular episode before even watching it. I know I should probably always go there after the episode airs since I'd know precisely what is being discussed but for some reason I still like to read before I watch the episode.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp France, Emily Vancamp Source, Daily Emily VanCamp, Emily VamCamp Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:55 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.