Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks Ania. And yes, you are so right, the music during that scene was just perfect. It only added to this fantastic scene.

I just can't say enough about that scene. Tom and Emily were outstanding together as usual. In the Everwood commentary on the season 1 DVD, Emily even talked about how much she loves doing scenes with Tom and they are close off the screen. Their chemistry together is very natural and convincing.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh yeah, Tom and Emily definitely have great chemistry. I've always enjoyed their scenes together Whatever they do, whether it's a heart-to-heart or an argument, it's all very natural.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, it is very natural, indeed. Tom and Emily are such incredible actors, and together, they even pull more out of each other which simply amazes me.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the episode title is wrong because the description is right for Season 3 episode 7. And Doc Hartman wasn't in Season 2

___

okay...here's my review...

I was sort of surprised to find Ephram going to Doc Hartman for an STD Test. Not that I would want him going to Andy or Harold. But I never saw a need for him to. Like he was only with Madison...I guess he felt a need to be protected and not have any chance of something happening to Amy. It was just a really weird situation. And what made it more weird is that Doc Hartman just had to go to Andy about Ephram. If Ephram wanted Andy to know his STD test, he would have told Andy he was taking a test or let Harold do the test for him. But the fact that Doc Hartman went behind Ephram's back and straight to Andy to just happen to ask about an STD case....he had no right. What if it was some kid that he didn't know the father, what importance would it be then? NONE! I think the fact that Ephram is Andy's son made it some how Doc Hartman's mission to tell Andy that his son had an STD test. And for Enda to call him on it.....SCORE! I mean he has no right, even in a big state of California to say anything outside of a doctor's office. And then Doc Hartman found out how big the Everwood Web is really spun. It's just inexcusible. That likeness factor of Doc Hartman is fading fast.

I love Hannah and Amy's friendship, they go on so many deeper levels. But it pains me that Hannah is so scared, but I do understand. She read Bright's signals wrong, and who wouldn't know that Bright's personality is to flirt first and get to know later. He did redeem himself later with the ketchup children. That was cute and very well orchistrated. I just feel bad for Hannah. She's so shy and the first guy who she likes and she tells him gets her kicked in the face. I just really want the best for Hannah, especially with what's coming up with her in the next episodes.

I find it very disconcerning that Harold and Andy talk about the STD test and don't even bother to think about why Ephram took the STD Test. Well we know why he did it. But the reasons behind it. He wanted to be safe, he wanted everything perfect for Andy. He knows just as well as everyone else that he's had sex before, with Madison. And now we know how many times without a condom. I just feel it's a cheap way for them to talk about it. I don't know how parents deal with this when their kids are dating. I've never been through that. But I would think that they'd talk to the kids before talking amongst themselves and getting new theories which really don't make any sense in the first place. I mean come on, Harold and his 'supersperm' comment...!

And Harold, I'm sorry, that guy's lifestyle died with the sixties. Who has tea parties to talk about sex. It's...embarassing. Either way, it's gonna be awkward. But to start a really serious conversation off with a silly notation, is really strange, but it is Harold after all. However Harold did put some ideas into Amy's head that weren't already there. And that gives me to another point. If Harold just starts to ask quesitons with Amy rather than assume she's already passed that point, he could save a lot of unecessary awakward moments. But, alas, I know that won't happen.

Although this wasn't a very eventful episode as others have been and are going to be. But I feel it had a lot of heart in there. Ephram is doing everything he can to make Amy feel just a little bit more special and not to make it seem like she's coming in second when sex is concerned.

And Ephram realizing Amy was on the pill for Tommy was quite funny.
{EphramAmy}
patricia

Last edited by break the window; 08-31-2010 at 02:30 AM
Old 08-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Master Fan

Hee, from liking Jake in one thread to this. He really did overstep his boundaries, though. Andy has done it, Harold has done it, they all just can't leave things be and make things into bigger problems than they should. The show doesn't say much about doctor/patient confidentiality, does it?

You didn't like the tea party scene? Aw. Comedy gold in my opinion, hee. Harold is from the sixties or probably even the fifties, agreed, but that's what makes him so hilarious. He's a goof, but a lovable one.

Ketchup children. Says so much about how Bright really gets Hannah, even if he doesn't know it yet.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always wondered how Ketchup kids came to Bright/Hannah...now I know

I'm not saying the tea party wasn't cute, it really was. But I just assumed more of a grownup approach would be in order. Given that Harold is a doctor and all
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I edited the episode number, Patricia. Thanks for reviving this thread. I love reading the posts from the past (when the show was originally airing) from people like Michelle and others who are no longer posting on the board. Now we can hear thoughts from now viewers.
Yes, Ephram was being super careful having a STD test. He was conscientious...wanted to make sure that both he and Amy were safe. Even though his only partner was Madison...he didn't know anything about her former partners. Patricia, what did you think of Harold's teaparty? Yes, he was being ridiculous...but I think that he was hilarious!
You're right about Jake having no business hinting to Andy about Ephram's test. And Edna had no business having a fit with Jake, since she was upset with Andy for not telling her that he prescribed birth control pills for Amy last season.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
You're right about Jake having no business hinting to Andy about Ephram's test. And Edna had no business having a fit with Jake, since she was upset with Andy for not telling her that he prescribed birth control pills for Amy last season.
Just continues the little theme on the show that everyone becomes a hypocrite when family is involved, heh.

By the way, Patricia, congrats on becoming a mod! I didn't even notice until now.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 09-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks, Tos that's where I've been most of the time. Modding the board, keeping post numbers up...you know the ModGame! But I never forget where my heart is...Everwood (hmm, that should've been the real ending...the one we deserved!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Patricia, what did you think of Harold's teaparty? Yes, he was being ridiculous...but I think that he was hilarious!
I thought he did a really good job relating the sex question to Amy. He was concise and didn't really beat around the bush too much with asking it. However it maybe sorta backfired on him realizing that he was putting ideas into Amy's head that weren't there before.

But my question is, if Harold didn't put the ideas into Amy's head, then when would she get those ideas about having sex with Ephram?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
But my question is, if Harold didn't put the ideas into Amy's head, then when would she get those ideas about having sex with Ephram?
I can't believe that it would only be Harold putting those sex ideas into Amy's head! I would think that just being with Ephram would put those sex ideas into Amy's head! I thought that the restraint that was shown by 2 hormonal teenagers in love was phenomenal.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
thanks, Tos that's where I've been most of the time. Modding the board, keeping post numbers up...you know the ModGame! But I never forget where my heart is...Everwood (hmm, that should've been the real ending...the one we deserved!)
I'm sure you're doing a great job keeping it active. Good luck with it! It's not always an easy job, but it can be a lot of fun and also be rewarding seeing a community grow. *fake sniffs* Hee.

I agree, Betty, that Harold didn't put the ideas in Amy's head. I think she had them already on a more subconscious level, but Harold brought those thoughts out. I mean, all Amy needed was the tiniest nudge and she really got everything going herself and all the thoughts started pouring out. Harold barely got a chance to say anything, poor guy. But I think that shows that she was thinking about it to some extent.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

come to think of it, Harold didn't put ideas into Amy's head. She just wasn't thinking about it as openly as Harold thought she was. If Amy weren't thinking about it at all, she'd have a lot more questions for Harold. A lot. And with Ephram already being experienced in that area, it was on Amy's mind more, as more pressure added on her part, from her perspective.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Yes, knowing Amy, if she wasn't thinking about, she would have had a big discussion with Harold. She likes thinking things through before she does things, you know? So, that she basically ran out of the room as quickly as possible showed that she was thinking about it a lot, I agree completely.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amy likes to plan her entire life out
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
Amy likes to plan her entire life out
She does. I'm surprised she didn't already have a set date when they were going to have sex, hee. I think Harold might have had that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread