Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
And I think Doc Hartman provided a good distraction from Andy and his....women
Definitely. Jake was a nice guy, supported Nina, made life easier. He was kind of convenient until Andy clued in about Nina. Kind of unfair for Jake, I guess, but love can be like that.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

whoever said the love game was a fair one?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
whoever said the love game was a fair one?
Jake may have wanted the love game to be fair But, no, it's not often fair. But Andy deserved a Nina type just as much if not more than Jake did, I think, so maybe it was fair?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 09-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nina knows the breaks of the love game not being fair...more than anyone IMO

It might've been fair in the beginning, but then real life sets in
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nina knows the breaks of the love game not being fair...more than anyone IMO

It might've been fair in the beginning, but then real life sets in
True. Carl is the epitome of unfair, eh? Nina put everything she had into that marriage and got essentially nothing back.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

she got something back....her self respect! and Sam
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
she got something back....her self respect! and Sam
Sam was definitely worth it. And seeing her stronger after Carl was great too. I'm just not sure it was worth all the damage and pain he caused to get that self-respect back. Gah, she SO deserves an amazing marriage. Make it happen in your S5, Patricia. *begs*
Old 09-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ah, so what kind of marriage would that be and with who might I aks Tos!?

I just had an idea
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
ah, so what kind of marriage would that be and with who might I aks Tos!?

I just had an idea
Hee, with Andy of course. There's so much material for them, it's the biggest thing I miss about not getting a S5. SO much for that marriage and family.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have major plans for them and marriage in season 5 Oh, the idea of Andy starting over, great material for that
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I have major plans for them and marriage in season 5 Oh, the idea of Andy starting over, great material for that
Exactly! Or melding the two families (Sam/Nina, Ephram/Delia/Andy), or how they got engaged without a first date...SO much. There could just be a season with them. But then we'd miss everyone else.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

my idea was andy really starting over. wanting to fix the wrongs he created with julia...never being home, not knowing anything with the kids. i want Andy to feel like he has to be different to somehow makeup for all of that and become the dad he should've been when Ephram and Delia were little.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
my idea was andy really starting over. wanting to fix the wrongs he created with julia...never being home, not knowing anything with the kids. i want Andy to feel like he has to be different to somehow makeup for all of that and become the dad he should've been when Ephram and Delia were little.
While brainstorming in our season 5 thread(in the past0...we thought that it would not always be smooth sailing for Andy/Nina and their extended family. Of course, Ephram wouldn't be a problem...but Sam might give Andy a hard time because he missed Jake. Andy might try to be strict...Nina might resent it. Delia would be a teenager and act like a teenager and might be difficult at times to both Andy and Nina. Andy/Nina's life won't be perfect...but then...perfect lives on TV are boring.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that's also a great idea too, Betty. Sam wouldn't full grasp the idea of what's going on, and I don't know if Delia would either. It feels like they're already family, but actually moving in, having dinner together every night, that's completely different. And something that I'd really love exploring
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-30-2017, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Andy was a real jerk to Amanda and totally overreacted about the 7 minutes in heaven thing. He had a right to be concerned of course but he barely gave Amanda a chance to explain or even talk! Andy should have been talking to Delia about it instead of going off on another parent. He should know what that's like seeing as just an episode before a mom overreacted about that dildo Delia found.

I really love Andy and Nina together and I am glad that Nina realized her feelings. Andy is acting like a dummy. His obliviousness to her is just baffling but expected. I thought he was a bit jealous when he talked about her not being young and falling for Jake's dimples. Her "so I'm old and trampy?" was just so hilarious. I loved how she delivered that line. And I love that she accepted the date and then Andy's reaction. He was definitely jealous deep down. When he couldn't even compliment her on her dress like, REALLY ANDY.

EA were really adorable in that couch scene, I just love watching them together as a couple. They are one of the only pairings Ive had that I actually truly enjoy seeing them together as a unit/couple than apart with angst. I do love the EA angst too but they are just so sweet together. When Amy found the thong omg THAT WAS AMAZING. I loved her reaction so much!

It was sad to see Ephram and Bright drifting apart now that they aren't going to school together anymore. That happens a lot with friendships actually, and happened to me with several. Its sad but it happens.

In general this episode was a bit on the slow side for me but still good.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread