Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
There is "TRUST" that is something hard to come across now-a-days. I have a feeling they will work for a while.
Exactly! That's exactly what I mean! Now a days 95% of relationships in highschool are just flings...but in reality, there are those relationships that truly trust and respect each other and are not just in it to..."get some". It truly is a beautiful thing these two have got going.

And ditto to everyone on the thoughts that Edna and Irv need to come back. I miss Edna most of all. Berlanti?! Arr.

"A heart is a fragile thing. That's why we protect them so vigorously, give them away so rarely, and why it means so much when we do. Some hearts are more fragile than others, purer somehow, like crystal in a world of glass. Even the way they shatter is beautiful."
Old 10-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm usually at full attention while watching this show, but it has been hard to lately. However, these are my thoughts on what I saw:
Jake didn't annoy me as much this week and seemed very sincere in his intentions with Nina. For some reason I think that ship won't be completely sunken until Andy opens his eyes and goes for Nina. Whatever goes down with Andy/Amanda might just drive Nina back to Jake, IMO. And speaking of, I would really dislike Andy more if he went for a married woman. I have no tolerance for adulterers.

Harold...unscented mentholated rub? Don't you need it to smell it for it to work? His quest for an invention was cute, but kinda pointless. It was only to upstage Jake. He's usually funny without having to try hard so this was pushing it. I loved the nursery rhyme bit with him and Amy though.

Ephram/Bright- just going to quote myself from Chris' thread:
Quote:
Bright shouldn't feel like he needs to measure up to Ephram, but darn it if I didn't know exactly how he feels. It's not even just about school. As apparent from his rant last night, he's feeling insecure about a lot: no dream girl, no idea what he wants to do in life, parents aren't about to cough up a ton of money to help him with anything...just in comparison to Ephram, he feels small. Now after thinking about it, I feel that it probably is time for him and Ephram to take a break. Bright needs to work on believing in himself, because up until now I think he was depending on the assurance of his family and friends to keep him going. However, that's not even enough and is somewhat a burden because he probably feels like a disappointment to them right now.
I don't think Bright was trying to take advantage of Ephram, because I saw the use of Ephram's studio as a motel room as a cry for attention. Ephram didn't really want to go to the party and Bright sensed it and felt hurt by it. It was harsh of him to try to get back at Ephram like that, but it got his attention enough so the two got to actually talking about what was going on in their relationship.
I hope this little breakup isn't for long though.

Amanda- I thought I would care, but I don't. I guess we'll have to see about this one. I smell trouble though in the form of a love rectangle. I seriously wasn't paying too much attention during her last scene.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:12 PM
JAH
Dedicated Fan

One giant step forward for Nina, two giant steps backward for Andy...

I don't have enough time to comment on the entire episode. I do however, feel compelled to voice my disappointment of Andy's character. The parallel this week was obvious. Amanda has sacrificed many aspects of her life to take care of her person. Ephram must sacrifice many aspects of his life to play piano. Or must he?

I understand that Ephram must devote huge portions of his time to piano. However, I was slack jawed after hearning the closing conversation between Andy and Ephram. According to Andy, Ephram's priorities have to shift around and the less important things drop off. This from the same man who has spent the last 2 years regretting the extent to which he neglected his family in favor of his career? What? I remember a conversation between A and E in either the first or second season when E voices his concerns that he too may neglect important aspect of his life in pursuit of his dream (i.e., be just like his dad). A assures him that simply by the fact that E is asking the question (something A never had worried about), E is ahead of the game, and unlikely to be so neglectful of his loved ones.

Now here we are, 2 years later and E is asking the question, and A gives him his answer (not necessarily E's answer, rather A's answer, or rather the answer A would have given if he had ever bothered to answer the question). And I guess the writer's are endorsing Andy's advice given the quaint little scence of father and son, side by side, absorded in their work which we then pan away from.

Does E really have to give up Bright's friendship? For goodness sake, B is his only friend outside of Amy (and maybe Hannah). Isn't it psychologically healthy for him to have a same gender friend at this age? Would continuing a friendship with B really take up so much of his time? I think A gave E bad evidence. I think it was wrong of him to minimize (almost trivialize) the loss of the friendship as inevitable and acceptable.

Badly done, Andy!

Julie
Old 10-17-2004, 03:00 AM
Addicted Fan

finally i can post my thoughts

I liked this ep. Although i didn't like anne heche's role. i liked how they showed a rift between ephram and bright, i mean i like thier friendship but as i'm experiencing first hand, when one friend graduates and the other's still in school it can cause problems and makes things harder.
-maria
Old 10-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Was nice to see Amy giving Ephram advice on how to preserve friendships based on her experience with Laynie. Worked like a charm!
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 10-18-2004, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raja
Was nice to see Amy giving Ephram advice on how to preserve friendships based on her experience with Laynie. Worked like a charm!
She is definitely that last person that should ever give advice on keeping your best friend.
Oh, Raja, you are so funny.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know. I think she was speaking wistfully about how she messed up with Laynie, and she wanted Ephram to benefit from it...or I could be reading too much into things.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, IA The Crow. I don't think Amy was speaking like she was a professional relationship advisor and that she was perfect about it in her own life. I think she was giving Ephram advice straight from her heart, in what NOT to do and in essence, advising him to NOT follow in her footsteps of how she handled things with Laynie.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

little small note.

I know Nina said that on her date with Jake that the guy she was talking about that would keep her and Sam safe was a guy she met in high school. But I really get the idea, from her satnding beside Andy in MJ's that it was him. She knew it would be Andy to keep her safe at night with Sam and always secured
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I believe that it was Andy that she was talking about. (she lied about the high school thing). I think that it was this moment when Nina realized that she loved Andy.

Quote:
I think she was giving Ephram advice straight from her heart, in what NOT to do and in essence, advising him to NOT follow in her footsteps of how she handled things with Laynie.
Michelle, I know that you wrote this 6 years ago! But I never thought of it this way...I didn't place the memory of Laynie into the conversation...but yes...Amy's experience with Laynie definitely gave her a perspective on what was happening with Ephram/Bright.
I found this episode very sad...I love Bright and Ephram's friendship and this break-up broke my heart.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes, I believe that it was Andy that she was talking about. (she lied about the high school thing). I think that it was this moment when Nina realized that she loved Andy.
well, maybe not. I mean they sure did act like they were in high school sometimes. Bickering in front of Mama Joys. Nina lying about her 'foot massager' under her bed. Breaking up with a guy she had been with for a very long time, confiding in Andy. And Andy moving to a strange town making the best of it with humor and a tint of sarcasm
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-11-2010, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It just seemed to me (I could be wrong) that while talking to Jake...it suddenly dawned on her why she didn't want to pursure a relationship with him. I think it "hit" her suddenly that the reason was that she loved Andy.

Quote:
NINA: Oh, I guess, I want to feel safe again. I want to wake up in the middle of the night and know that there's someone who can take care of me and Sam without me having to ask. Someone to laugh with because I know he's been there too and I want to be able to skip the getting to know you part and right into being comfortable but still excited - still have that rush.

[Dr. Hartman and Nina stop in front of a bench overlooking a pond. Dr. Hartman leans in for a kiss, but Nina turns her face away.]

DR. HARTMAN: I'm sorry.

NINA: No, I'm sorry.

DR. HARTMAN: I thought I was getting a signal there.

NINA: I know, I... It's not you.

DR. HARTMAN: You mean, it's not you, it's me.

NINA: No, I mean, the person I was just talking about, it's not you, it's somebody else. I think I'm in love with somebody else.

DR. HARTMAN: Well... Okay, do I know him?

NINA: No. It's just, uh, someone I went to high school with.

[Nina sits down on the bench. Nina lets out a sigh after her realization.]
Look at the last line: after her realization.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
It just seemed to me (I could be wrong) that while talking to Jake...it suddenly dawned on her why she didn't want to pursure a relationship with him. I think it "hit" her suddenly that the reason was that she loved Andy.
I just think that Nina never wanted to cross that line, so she never put the thoughts into her head that she wanted to pursue something with Andy other than friendship
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

I agree with that, Patricia. She had had feelings, but never really put them into words or really, truly thought about what those feelings were until that moment. Saying it aloud is a whole different thing than just somewhat thinking about it.

Of course, she still goes out with Jake despite her realization. Crazy Nina. But then again, Andy was with Amanda, and I'd be staying as far away from them too.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And I think Doc Hartman provided a good distraction from Andy and his....women
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread