Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2004, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

hshapir2, ITA. I also don't think Andy is oblivious to Nina. As a matter of fact, I see him as very in tune with Nina. Last weeks episode showed his feelings for her big time. He was tongue tied and really showed his feelings even if they came out in a jumbled way, and this week, he also showed his feelings for her. He was being TOO NICE regarding Nina's date with Jake as well as getting the lint brush for her dress.

Jerry, I agree about the lack of E/A scenes. That sucks but even the two scenes we got today, rocked, so I was VERY happy with what we got. I also think that it is kind of neat that E/A are a solid but secondary story right now because things could be worse.. The writers could give them the front and center story all the time and cause too much drama and problems in their relationship and that would ROYALLY suck. I like the stability in their relationship but I agree, I want to see more of E/A. I sound like a broken record because I hear this EVERYWHERE on different sites... But Greg/Emily shine far too much on the screen together as E/A to not be allowed to get huge screen time together. Berlanti is almost kicking himself in the foot by not utilizing his gold mine with Greg/Emily as E/A. BUT, like I said, I will sacrifice less screetime if it means the continuation of the beautiful love story that is going on with E/A. Everything is so substance filled, healthy and real. People on other sites are talking about how they have never seen such a classic love story on tv ever. ITA.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-12-2004 at 03:39 AM
Old 10-12-2004, 03:37 AM
Elite Fan

Great post Jerry! I thought Anne Heche did a great job too.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:21 AM
Elite Fan

thanks Jerry and Wilpen. I use to see AH as Vicki who came between Jamie and Lisa on AW. They were my Pacey and Joey of the late eighties.

Wilpen, it's so obvious that Andy likes Nina, but he won't admit it. He said she looked pretty last week

I don't mind the lack of Ephram and Amy scenes either. Sometimes, quality it better over quantity.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 10-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Thought the episode was pretty good. Not much to say that hasn't already said. IMO, Ephram was kind of insensitive to Bright. Ephram/Amy were cute. Not surprised when we found out Nina was in love with Andy, however. I've been getting that vibe for a while. I think Nina would be good for Andy.

Question:
When exactly did Bright lose his virginity? Did I miss something?

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.

Last edited by glory fades; 10-12-2004 at 10:08 AM
Old 10-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by glory fades
Question:
When exactly did Bright lose his virginity? Did I miss something?
I think we all missed finding out when that happened. I don't think they ever said exactly when Bright lost his virginity.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

I missed

this one. Worked late. I really miss having Easyview or whatever they called the Sunday repeats. {sniff}

Didn't they hint that Bright might have lost his virginity on prom night? I vaguely remember dialog between Bright and Amy that was either a bit mumbly or subtle or something... but Amy was surprised about something regarding one of the girls... she was sure it would be one of the other girls... and Bright gets this cat who ate the canary grin like maybe it was BOTH of them. I wasn't sure Bright actually "did it" (guys sometimes imply they have when they haven't) but I thought that's was the convo was about... Wasn't sure tho'.

Aquillea
Old 10-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

I thought that he had lost it at prom too, from hearing that convo. We over at the Pratt Pack thread have been debating this one for a while. I guess there's no way to be positive until it is stated, but if he's leaving some girl's thong lying around...I'm leaning more to him not being a virgin, even though I would rather he still was so it would be a big deal when he lost it.

Will comment on entire episode later.

You all have well put together thoughts, which are a pleasure to read. Kinda intimidating.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Aww, don’t feel intimidated MissCongeniality! I love reading what everyone has to say about these episodes.

One part in this episode that was really telling was the scene was when Amy credited Harold for the fact that she did so well on the verbal part of the S.A.T.’s because he used to make up nursery rhymes with complicated words to increase her vocabulary. I’ll bet he didn’t do that with Bright, or if he did, he gave up doing it when Bright didn’t catch on as quickly as Amy did, because it’s so obvious that Amy is his favorite.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi all...fairly new to this board

I think Everwood is getting really good this season. Actually the whole Bright story is one of my faves, b/c it shows that not everyone leaves high school and has a life plan and goes to college,gets married,etc. Last weeks ep that showed his parents trying to push him into a hotel/rest. mgmt program highlited that its common NOT to know what you want to do with the rest of your life at 18...heck,I'm 25 and am just figuring it out!!!

I think Ephram was trying to be a real friend to him by talking,I wish they had shown more of Ephram's discontent w/his Juilliard review comparing to Bright's life....both are confused as to what will happen.

Also loved Nina's AHA moment,but I wish they wouldn't make Andy be such a jack*** towards her like he has been in the last two eps. But hey,if she doesn't want Scott Wolf...send him my way!!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Does anyone know the name of the song that was on at the end of the episode?

and all I am is holding breath.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think I'm going to start by saying that I own that purple-ish shirt Treat was wearing in the first scene. Hmm. Anyway, I loved the episode. It was not my favorite, but I think after the "I love you" episode, for an fan of E/A, nothing will ever be as good. Where to begin...hmm.

Treat (You know, I find myself getting confused when they call him Andy on the show because I call him by his real name. Is that a bad thing?) is really starting to annoy me. However, his reaction to seeing Amanda's husband was priceless. I know that seems to degrade the moment of shock by calling it priceless, but his reaction of confusion and "Crap!" was just perfect. I still am angry at the writiers for turning him into someone so insensitive.

I think that this is the first time since the show began that I actually found Nina attractive. Maybe it was the wavy hair (I like wavy hair). Either way, I'm glad they showed her this way, even if it was just for that date. I've respected how they've showed her to match her character, but she needed a chance to shine more than anyone else. Speaking of that chance to shine...did she ever. I loved that scene. I have never really cared for a Nina storyline, but after that scene where she realized that she loved Andy, I didn't want to leave her. Hmm. I think that they will draw this out as long as possible. In Andy's case, after Julia and Linda, if he feels anything, he is dismissing as unimportant without realizing what he is doing. Our minds like to protect ourselves, even when we don't think we need it.

I loved how, for once in a TV show, the girlfriend found incriminating evidence, the boyfriend hesitated, said the truth...and she actually believed him! If this was a regular TV show, they would have fought and Amy would not have believed him. I'm glad that it wasn't taken in that direction, therefore making it much more believeable. Plus...the tent thing...I'd watch that. That was really gross. I'm sorry. I love when Ephram said that she had help the thong for an unnaturally long time. I also like the phrase "Hooker thong". Anyone else notice that they had a conversation that didn't include Hannah in the episode!

I'm going to get slaughtered when I say this, but I don't really like Bright, so his conflict with Ephram didn't really bother me. All I kept thinking was, "Ephram, go talk to Amy! Who cares about Bright!".

Amanda. Hmm. Amanda. I'm not sure about her yet. Firstly, I was worried about Anne Heche, but I liked her in this. I'm afraid that she will be used as a love interest for Andy. That worries me because even if her husband is an invalid, she is still married to him! I'm not a fan of extramarital affairs. Also, Andy is made for Nina. Of course, we can't have too much loving bliss. We have Amy and Ephram & Rose and Patch...I think if Andy and Nina finally got to be happy, the writers would run out of things to do. Also, as in all TV shows, writers need tension between characters to keep things interesting. With all the love...the romantic tension would be all but gone without destroying one of the already made couples...and frankly, Patch and Rose aren't going anywhere. That only leaves Ephram and Amy...and I don't want that to happen. That is screwed up logic...and probably didn't make much sense, but if it did...then...yeah.

I figure I'll close off before I ramble all my dignity away. Bye!

"A heart is a fragile thing. That's why we protect them so vigorously, give them away so rarely, and why it means so much when we do. Some hearts are more fragile than others, purer somehow, like crystal in a world of glass. Even the way they shatter is beautiful."
Old 10-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by ergo3

I loved how, for once in a TV show, the girlfriend found incriminating evidence, the boyfriend hesitated, said the truth...and she actually believed him! If this was a regular TV show, they would have fought and Amy would not have believed him. I'm glad that it wasn't taken in that direction, therefore making it much more believeable.
This is why the show is Everwood and not some typical teen soap. And we are also dealing with the healthy relationship of E/A. I completely agree with you. I loved that Amy believed Ephram. I think it just highlighted how real E/A are. The lines of communication between them are completely open. Yes, Amy immediately freaked out about finding the hooker thong (love how she called it that but what girlfriend that was deeply in love with her boyfriend would not have an instant reaction of freaking out over it? So, her jealous reaction was so natural to me. But then I loved how she gave Ephram a chance to explain and once he did, BAM, they were done and over with it. Amy trusted Ephram's response. And actually, the best part about this convo was how Amy then immediately pulled out their friendship from within their romantic relationship and talked with Ephram about how could make things right with Bright. That was so awesome to see. The depth of their relationship is endless. I just can't say enough about how much I love their relationship.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-12-2004 at 07:53 PM
Old 10-13-2004, 02:11 AM
New Fan

Can someone help?

I haven't posted much, but i'm a constant lurker. I was wondering if someone could tell me where a i could find a clip of the Amy/Ephram/Thong scene? I missed the whole episode because of a stupid power outage.
I would even settle for some pics of the scene!
Old 10-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm...Did I like this episode? I'm not really sure. I really just got a blah feeling from the whole thing. I thought it was maybe the weakest episode so far this season.

First off, the things I liked. I loved Andy's overreaction to the '7 Minutes in Heaven' thing (although I'm wondering why Britney was there since her Mom wasn't going to let them play together, but whatever). His blowing up was such a typical Andy thing to do, and I loved how he drove the poor kid home, embarassing him to no end.

I also loved the A/E interaction. I loved the bemused looks on Ephram's face when Amy was freaking out about the SAT, and I thought the whole 'Hooker Thong' incident was priceless. It was great how she went from insanely angry to happy and helpful within 10 seconds of Ephram's response.

Dr. Abbott's quest to invent something was quite amusing as well. I love how the show continues to draw parallel's between his insanely OCD behavior and Amy's. You can absolutely tell she is her father's daughter.

I didn't like anything about Bright and Ephram. Yes, it is natural that, after the older person graduates high school, that two friends can drift apart. In fact, it really doesn't surprise me that this sort of thing is happening in the B/E friendship, even though I hoped it wouldn't. I don't like that it just came up and exploded all in one episode. Last season, when Amy went down the depression pathway, there were several episodes dedicated to her descent. With B/E, you got the impression there were problems in the first scene, then by the end of the episode Bright had 'broken up' with Ephram so to speak.

I also don't like Amanda. I've never been a big fan of Anne Heche, so that might be part of it, but I just don't like the character. I found her to be annoying, and I'm afraid that this is going to lead to her becoming a love interest for Andy. I'm not sure I can continue to like him if he were to have an affair with a woman that is married to an invalid. The Madison thing is bad enough, I just hope they don't pile anything on.

The worst part of the episode to me is that the stupid writers made me feel sorry for Jake. I didn't think that was possible, and it shouldn't have been...
Old 10-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Absolute Fan

OK, I am late with my two cents, but I just got a chance to watch it.

I have to start off with saying, it's about time that Nina realized she had feelings for Andy. I mean it is so obvious and it has been for some time now, but it's about time "ONE" of them actually acknowledged it. I think they are starting to grow alot more in their relationship. I loved last week's sex talk with Delia. Andy definately needed a woman's point of view on that subject matter and I loved how Nina fit right in and was so confortable and Delia as well. It was such a great family type moment. Of course I know, Julia is the one that Andy wanted to be there, but I think he is thankful for Nina and I know Andy has feelings for her. I smiled so big last week when he said she was "Pretty" is was such a great line. Just that one simple word, made them look so perfect for eachother. I love how Andy gets unconfortable around her now, it is just proof that there is a definate attraction. I loved his reacton to her dressed up, but I also loved how he completely changed the subject and started to lint roll her

I felt bad for Dr. Jake, but I saw no sparks between them at all and I am sure he will fully recover and they will remain friends.

Bright/Ephram - Wow, I felt so terrible for both of them. It is clear that they needed to get alot off their chest, but not that way. I think Bright was hurt, I mean truely hurt, cause now he feels like the third wheel with Amy/Ephram and it just goes to show that Bright does enjoy having Ephram as a friend, otherwise, he would careless. I hate that he took advantage of Ephram's kindness about the key though. They need to work this out ASAP, I love their friendship and right now, Bright is the only guy friend Ephram has and as much as he and Amy are in love, you should never put friends off for your relationship. I know they will work it out.

Amy/Ephram - I love how they are so confortable with one another now and I agree Amy was very mature, yeah she was upset and confused, who wouldn't be? She handled herself though and even though he hesitated, she was standing firm on getting on answer, rather then throwing a tantrum. I think that is what makes them work so well. There is "TRUST" that is something hard to come across now-a-days. I have a feeling they will work for a while.

Amanda - Anne has always been a great actress, but I certainly hope the writer's aren't writing her as a love interest for Andy. I mean she is very vulnerable and I certainly hope they keep their relationship, strictly friendly and professional. I love how Andy is reaching out to her and I certainly hope that things work out.

Edna and Irv - I really miss seeing these two and their comic relief. I miss Edna and Andy's banter..
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
Closed Thread   Post New Thread