Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

Fun discussion. Spurring me to ask, for the ladies of the board:

Would you have put up with Andy's cluelessness if you were Nina? Would you have waited as long as she did for Andy to finally admit his feelings? Or was that part of his charm? Because clueless Andy is pretty hilarious.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Would you have put up with Andy's cluelessness if you were Nina? Would you have waited as long as she did for Andy to finally admit his feelings? Or was that part of his charm? Because clueless Andy is pretty hilarious.

If their life circumstances had been more "normal" then in Nina's place I might have gotten tired of the clueless act, but really, over the course of four years -
  • Andy lost his wife
  • Nina realized her husband (whom she truly loved) was gay and was cheating on her
  • Andy had to deal with the loss of a very important patient, and the aftermath of that
  • Andy's son got his girlfriend pregnant
  • Nina and her husband divorced
  • Andy and Nina both were in and out of other relationships
  • Nina had to take on the care of another minor child
  • Andy's son moved out of the house as part of a huge fight

- along with some other stuff I'm sure I forgot. But that's a LOT for these two people to go through in such a short time. Considering the circumstances, I really don't think jumping into a relationship any sooner than they did would have been a good idea.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe not this episode, but it's certainly looking like Andy is ready to fall in love again. He's just so scared that he's going to betray Julia. It's clear that he still wants her in his life. To enjoy what's beautiful about Everwood, to see how the children have grown up. And now with Delia growing up and needing a woman's influence. He just loves that woman dearly and is still having a hard time imagining a life without her.

It's taken so long for Andy to accept that Julia is gone. It wasn't just the dreams of her being there and him looking like a fool in front of everyone in town. But not waking up in the morning and expect to be back in New York and Julia be right there beside him. It's finally coming to pass that Andy is getting on with his life. He's creating a life in Everwood. This is one of the first episodes where you see that Andy is really taking on life as a single man. And it's great! He's freaking out with Delia becuase he thinks he's the only person who can tell her things about sex and it's different with Delia. Not becuase she's a girl, but the type of girl. She wants to be a girly girl and not a tomboy. She wants to wear her hair down and wear makeup. She wants to be a woman...like her mom.

I just love this episode for those reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
What do you think of Amanda so far?
I like her, mostly her resilance with parenthood. She's a little bit like Andy. Not taking things seriously when others take them too seriously. Reminds me of Harold and Andy when Andy first got to Everwood. Although the roles are quite different now. But Andy is defintely playing the Dr. Abbott card with the Charlie Hayes' situation.

But I just have this nagging feeling that Amanda is gonna need comfort and Andy will be there to comfort her. Hence, they sleep together. Please tell me I'm wrong.
patricia
fulfilledღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
But I just have this nagging feeling that Amanda is gonna need comfort and Andy will be there to comfort her. Hence, they sleep together. Please tell me I'm wrong

I'm going to ask in after a couple more episodes what you think of Amanda.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that means yes.....CRAP!
patricia
Old 08-30-2010, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I would have probably handled it the way that Nina did....not close the door to other relationships, but always have the possibility of Andy in the back of my mind. Clueless Andy is pretty hilarious and he definitely has a lot of charm...in many ways. It would have been difficult to give up on him.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

I agree with that, Betty. Which was why it was so weird to see Nina being so passive once Andy wanted her and she knew it and she wanted him, but still stayed with Jake and almost left with him! Never going to stop bugging me.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 08-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kinda like Jake so far
patricia
Old 08-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I like Jake, too. But..I wanted Nina with Andy.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Jake is a super nice guy, but I agree with Betty. He's a good catch for somebody. Just not Nina. Her heart was in it at times, but not 100%. He'll make someone else very happy, though.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Nina liked the idea of Jake, he was funny, cute, but he didn't get her. Andy is the only one in Everwood that got Nina
patricia
Old 09-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

I agree with that completely, Patricia. I think Jake thought that he got Nina, but that was not the case. Nina is a lot more complicated than she seems at first glance. There's also a lot of history between Andy and Nina that Jake could not compete with.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

and the single parent syndrom I don't think Jake could ever full understand like Andy can.
patricia
Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

Definitely. That's a shared connection Andy and Nina had from day one.

Still, Jake was really great with Sam. He would have been a great dad as well. I like to think he's off on his own show with his own family, hee. It would be a little more boring and a lot more smiley, though.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jake came through in the end. He had more sense than Nina did. Even though he didn't want Nina if she was not 100% committed to him...he also wanted Nina to be happy. He knew that Andy would make her happy. So, he set her free. That was good of Jake because clueless Nina couldn't figure it out for herself.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top