Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 04:47 PM
New Fan

Every since its inception, I've believed Everwood to be the best show on network television. Last night's eppy has only served to enforce that belief. I too am among the few who loved the whole Madison/Ephram relationship, so I founsd their final looks bitter sweet. As a matter of fact, all the actors were exceptional in this episode. I especially loved the scene between Madison and Delia. No child should ever have to be so solemn and mature at that age. Next weeks eppy looks to be another great one. Not tryin to be smart here, but how did anyone miss the fact that Linda and Andy were sleepin together?
Old 04-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

i loved last nights episode, it was really good. very well written and acted. everwood does something some tv shows don't do, they're realistic. they've handled amys depression and colins death and everything so well.

madison and ephram was very sweet. that last scene had me feeling bad for both of them but at least it ended well. i like madison, she was a good character.

that scene with her and delia was so sweet. delia sticking up for her brother was very touching.

i also loved it when amy got rid of her meds, it was perfect. i knew that as soon as she saw mrs. hart that she'd realize how well she is doing compared to them. i hope she calls laynie.

i was proud of bright as well, he gave it his all. i'm a freshman in college so i remember very well how nervewracking the mail became last year and how devastated i was when i didn't get into the college i wanted.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:53 AM
Passionate Fan

I really liked the episode. As always well written and sensitively done. A few things.

1) Something dark and evil in me wants Ephraim to prove his father wrong when he said "At least we don't need to worry about Ephraim dating her." Hey, he's already shown an inclination towards older babysitting types.

2) Given how ill-advised it is for Amy to go off her medication and how depression isn't a temporary condition but an on-going physiological (rather than purely "mental") problem... I fear going off her medication rather than marking a return of the happier better natured Amy may forshadow the return of the old Amy or worse.

3) I enjoyed seeing Mrs. Hart. They dropped the ball a bit by not showing us much this season of what that family is going through. And I hope that she pesters Laynie to call up Amy and invite her over and patch things up.

Again what I didnt like is the insinuation that she's somehow using her Paxil as a crutch. It's not a painkiller like valium. It's a medication meant to treat chemical imbalances.

Mrs Hart doesnt look in very good condition. Not surprising given what she's gone through. Perhaps a better medication might work better with her. Or perhaps not. While they can increase ones tolerance to stress, they cant provide happiness or deal with your problems for you.

4) I hope this is the last teary eyed Ephraim/Madison breakup.

5) I really liked that they made Bright a focus of the episode. And how he stuck with his guns and how his father came out to support him. Those are the moments when the show is at it's best.

6) While I would've liked to see the two doctors reconcile I'm glad they didnt and are giving Dr. Abbott time to work things out.

[ 04-14-2004: Message edited Raja ]
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-14-2004, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

I divided this episode into 2 aspects. Ephram/Madison and Bright. The Amy stuff was practically non existent for me, it's too drawn out. Im happy she's snapping out of it but I miss her with makeup, seriously.

Ephram/Madison- The actors never sold to me that they were actually in love especially Madison so the whole "oh Im so heartbroken that it's too hard to be around you" stuff just rang so false to me and had me rolling my eyes. It was far, far, far too dramatic and cheesy emotional for the actual relationship they had. It's not like we saw tons of episodes of the two of them in stupid love, canoodling and having a lovely time together, for the most part they seemed awkward and uncomfortable around each other. I realize they were trying to play up the "Ephram's first love" stuff but it was kind of rushed and didnt have the effect it was trying to have. Plus, Ephram was pretty much bi-polar in this episode. One minute he's hiding his feelings and acting all non chalant and trying to convince Dr. Brown that he can handle Madison on a platonic level and the next minure he's flipping out over a milli-second phone conversation his ex-girlfriend is having with a band mate. Way to seem mature Eph. I actually think Delia was the most mature one in that whole situation.

Bright- This was a great story for Bright. Even though the episode was pretty much a complete and utter let down for the guy his story was realistic and thats one thing tht I like about Everwood, they can do realistic. Not getting into your top college or even your safety because of past slacking off, hey it happens, and going to talk to the admissions office is a longshot too, so when it didnt happen I was impressed althoug sad forBright because the poor guy did deserve it. I kindof felt bad for Dr. Abbott too though. He seems to get dumped on by his kids a lot because he's too rational with them. Im glad he stepped up in the end because he saw Bright was hurting.

All in all, I hope thats the last we see of Madison and that the show starts to pick up now that that ball and chain is gone.

[ 04-14-2004: Message edited Sugz ]
Old 04-14-2004, 08:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

1) "At least we don't need to worry about Ephraim dating her."

Muahahahahaha!
Well, I suppose he could do worse than Mrs. Landingham. She already has experience keeping great men in line! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I have to say, I've been wondering if we'll see any more of her or Madison. Sounds like Sarah Lancaster may have another gig... but I wouldn't mind if we occasionally heard Delia talking to Madison on the phone or talking about seeing her now and again. I agree that it would be a shame for Madison to exit Delia's life completely. And we don't need to see Madison for her to still be a small part of Delia's life.

And, although I think Mrs. L is a little too old... even for Ephram (grin), I *could* see Ephram becoming friends with her. Although it's not in an 'old-fashioned' way, Ephram does seem the kind of young man who *can* respect his elders - his relationship with Will Cleveland being the principle example thus far. It seems possible that Ephram could learn something about Mrs. L that makes her interesting and merits respect. In fact... my evil little thought was that maybe Ephram would try to hook Mrs. L up with Will. Of course then the show would have to make some kind of joke about how Everwood seems to have a penchant for pairing off mature caucasian women with mature African American men .

2) Given how ill-advised it is for Amy to go off her medication

Well, I'll admit I don't have expertise in the subject but I suspect you're overstating the case. Physiologically, Amy *may* be prone to bouts of depression, but I don't think it's standard or wise to keep most folks on anti-depressants as a life-long perscription. That said, it does seem like there are two critical phases with anti-depressants... going on them and going off them. Fortunately we got throught the 1st without incident. The theory is that since one symptom of depression is lack of energy, right after you go on the meds, you're restored energy could prompt you to take matters into your own hands... and attempt suicide.

Not being a physician, there's no way for me to know or judge whether it's time for Amy to go off the anti-depressants completely. I'd like to think Linda has as good a handle on it as anybody could. On the one hand she's a bit Eastern and thus not in the thrall of Western medicine's tendency to want to cut the bad out or drug it away... but on the other hand she is very into personal wellness as opposed to specific diseases. Moreover, she has been weaning Amy off the anti-depressants, not suggesting she drop them 'cold-turkey'.

I suspect, from the standpoint of dramatic TV, that if Amy was going to have an immediate set-back it would have been Amy wanting to make her family happy by going off the pills and Linda trying to get her to stick with them a while longer. Telling her there was no rush... etc. But since it was Linda suggesting Amy was ready but, in the end, backing off and not pushing her too hard... I think the show was trying to realistically show Amy being ready but afraid she wasn't. Time will tell, I suppose.

4) I hope this is the last teary eyed Ephraim/Madison breakup.
Yup.

5) I really liked that they made Bright a focus of the episode...Those are the moments when the show is at it's best.

Huge Yup! One of the episodes that stand out in my mind from S1 is Bright's appendicitis. Harold trying to juggle competent doctor and worried father... aww...

6) I'm glad they didnt and are giving Dr. Abbott time to work things out.

Ditto. Like I said... Harry isn't 'flighty' in his affections. He's not just being superficially pissed. His kids and the ability to trust people are two very deep issues for him. I think he'll come around; I sure hope he comes around. He did with Linda... and the show just wouldn't be 'right' without the unique friendship of Harry and Andy. I think it's obvious that Harold needs Andy - he doesn't have a lot of friends. I think Andy is better off with Harold too tho'... cause Harold won't be bullied by Andy or easily swayed by him turning on the charm. Differnt, but similar to Nina, Harold is one of the few people who will stand toe-to-toe with Andy and challenge him.

Like I said, I *do* hope the fence gets mended by the end of the season.
Aquillea
Old 04-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Passionate Fan

I Loved this episode. All through out it I was thinking the feeling I get from this episode is very Season 1. I think its because they are getting to the core of Everwood instead of focusing on characters, though good are not the heart of the show.

There was no Tommy. Amy was back at home and trying to get better and realising just what she put her family through. For once she was not selfish. I could do with more of this Amy. And cannot say how proud I was of her for throwing away her pills. One look at Mrs. Hart and Amy became determined not to be like her. BTW, nice little scene. Plus I found the dialogue very telling. Poor Laynie gets absolutely no attention at home. Mrs. Hart didn't even know that Amy and her were no longer hanging.

Bright- Another person I was just so darned proud of. I really liked the fact that he did not get into college and I hope tehy explore more on what his options are now. Not because I hate Bright or anything, but because I think it is very realistic. Bright pissed away 3 years of school or maybe 4 because he repeated a grade). And even though he worked his ass off and brought his grades up his last year, there he still had to face the consequences. But I loved that he went to the college guy and tried to talk about it and I loved that he went off on Harold. Loved that in the end, Harold was there for him.

Delia- That to me was better than the Ephram/Madison end scene which I loved as well. Delia having to give up Madison was just so sweet. Her saying that she though Madison was her best friend, that she loved Ephram more and she did not want to see him sad anymore. I wanted to just ball.

The last scene with Madison and Ephram was good and I really liked commentary by Irv and how it related to the episode.

Oh and Dr. A needs to forgive Andy. Andy did not mean any harm and was trying to look out for Amy.

Next weeks looks ver good indeed. Can't wait.

Be back leter with more.

Old 04-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aquillea:
I have to say, I've been wondering if we'll see any more of her or Madison. Sounds like Sarah Lancaster may have another gig... but I wouldn't mind if we occasionally heard Delia talking to Madison on the phone or talking about seeing her now and again. I agree that it would be a shame for Madison to exit Delia's life completely. And we don't need to see Madison for her to still be a small part of Delia's life.
I agree I sure hope this is not the last time we ever see Madison on Everwood. I liked her a lot.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

I thought this was such a good episode. This show just keeps getting better and better. I loved how they ended Madison and Ephram without belittling the characters/actors. I loved how the issue of Amy going off the Paxil was presented. I loved how Delia let go of Madison and tried to make the best of a bad situation. It was all done so nicely, but Bright's storyline had me the most compelled. I can relate to him, and he is the role model of the show, turning his life around but unfortuantely he didn't get what he wanted. And Im glad they didn't let him get into that school, that would have cheapened his growth.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugz:
<STRONG>

Ephram/Madison- The actors never sold to me that they were actually in love especially Madison so the whole "oh Im so heartbroken that it's too hard to be around you" stuff just rang so false to me and had me rolling my eyes. </STRONG>
I couldn't agree with you more. I never got the feeling that they were really in love. They just didn't have good chemistry and I was feeling nothing during the entire show.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:51 PM
New Fan

hey everyone [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] does anyone have the quotes of the voice over at the end of this episode about the heart and how its fragile i really loved what he said ...PM me if you have the quote I'D APPRECIATE IT GREATLY [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Thanks
Hope
Old 04-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait to tape this episode on Sunday night. I'm sure that I'll cry again.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

Good episode. I liked Madison too, but I thought she was too old for Ephram. Now that Madison and Tommy are out of the picture I'd like to see Amy and Ephram renew their friendship. I also hope Andy and Harold can patch things up, eventually. I always enjoyed the witty exchange between these two.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Passionate Fan

I am so glad Madison is out of the picture. Although I really did feel sorry for Ephram in this one. I've gone through the whole "I don't want to let you go so I'll go through all the pain just to be near you" thing.

I really like Amy. Every episode I like her more.

I think they're going to get Amy up with Ephram. Right now, it seems like the only logical next step; everything is set up perfectly.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 04-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Maliejandra:
<STRONG>I am so glad Madison is out of the picture. Although I really did feel sorry for Ephram in this one. I've gone through the whole "I don't want to let you go so I'll go through all the pain just to be near you" thing.</STRONG>
I know. Me too. That's why this episode struck a nerve. And with Ephram and Madison, I mean, to me, it was very relatable. So, I didn't hate the couple, but I mean I still want Ephram with May, as long as Madison is far away from that picture [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 04-18-2004: Message edited kpalm83 ]
Old 04-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I finally saw this episode on Sunday and the last scene between Ephram and Madison was so bittersweet. I loved it and I'm not even a big fan of this couple.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread