Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex
Well, if I recall correctly, Rina did wrote "The Reflex" which is one E/A Centric episode... but I don't know if she's the one who wrote the E/A scenes.
Yeah, I'll give her that one.. For sure.

Quote:
She also co wrote "The last of Summer" with Berlanti and "Home" with Michael Green which were amazing episodes.
Yeah, see, the really, really good ones in season 1/2 for her were all "co-written" and if you notice, the priceless episodes of season 1 that literally define EA were all written by either Berlanti, Green, or Taylor alone.

Quote:
Finally, she wrote "For every action" all by herself. There were nice E/A scenes in this one.
Yeah, but that one doesn't count for me because they got into a fight and sort of broke up/took a break at the end which I'm sure she loved writing. Do you see how I'm convinced she doesn't love EA? Maybe I'm paranoid but it's how I feel.

As far as Rina being a good writer in general.. She absolutely is an outstanding writer. That is her calling. Not showrunning..

I think for me, the fact that she never solely wrote one of those infamous season 1 EA episodes will forever convince me that she doesn't grasp EA like Berlanti, Green, Taylor did. Maybe I'm being too hard on her but it's how I feel. If she wrote "My Funny Valentine" or something, then I would be impressed.

Quote:
I am confident that this episode will be excellently written. And the description indicates Amy rethinks her feelings for Ephram which means, at least, a little storyline devoted to them. If I remember correctly, there was also a description saying Amy realizes Ephram has always been there for her while they remember something from their past. I hope it's in this episode !!!! I can't wait !
I know, this episode should be absolutely amazing. My guess is Berlanti is really going to dig deep and get into their priceless history. I can't wait.

Quote:
my tv guide is saying this is the series finale. I heard next week is the series finale. It's really said that tv guide is dumb not to know when it is
It really is, hshapir. So ridiculous. And the WB doesn't help matters. They have ignored this show forever and the PR dept sucks so it doesn't surprise me that there is confusion.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-29-2006 at 09:51 AM
Old 05-29-2006, 09:25 AM
buffyannAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
Yeah, see, the really, really good ones in season 1/2 for her were all "co-written" and if you notice, the priceless episodes of season 1 that literally define EA were all written by either Berlanti, Green, or Taylor alone.
(...)
I think for me, the fact that she never solely wrote one of those infamous season 1 EA episodes will forever convince me that she doesn't grasp EA like Berlanti, Green, Taylor did. Maybe I'm being too hard on her but it's how I feel.
I don't really disagree with you. Mainly, I'm trying to convince myself that Rina can write good EA, as she wrote the season 4 finale....
Anyway, I agree that she's a good writer, no doubt about it. I'm not trying to say she "gets" E/A as much as Berlanti, Green and Taylor obviously do. not really.
I think she really likes the couple and is able to write them very nicely. I think her problem is that she thinks she doesn't have to write amazing scenes for them because it's been established for a long time what they're about. So maybe she doesn't put the energy she should in this couple.
What probably bothers me with Rina is that she doesn't include their history as Berlanti and others always do. Obviously, I would me more reassured if Berlanti would wrote every E/A scene because He knows how to write them and show their history.

Quote:
I know, this episode should be absolutely amazing. My guess is Berlanti is really going to dig deep and get into their priceless history. I can't wait.
Totally. and the flashback description really conforts me. I think we'll see good E/A history along with other pure Berlanti's moments. I'm really excited. I hope he didn't lose his touch

Old 05-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think her problem is that she thinks she doesn't have to write amazing scenes for them because it's been established for a long time what they're about. So maybe she doesn't put the energy she should in this couple.
That's a great point. I bet that could be the case. And instead, she put more time and energy into "her" characters of Amanda, Reid, Jake and Hannah because she thought that EA were already established.

Quote:
What probably bothers me with Rina is that she doesn't include their history as Berlanti and others always do. Obviously, I would me more reassured if Berlanti would wrote every E/A scene because He knows how to write them and show their history.
Yep. She really doesn't. Either she thinks that Berlanti has already done a brilliant job portraying their history and that should go without saying or she, for whatever reason, just feels like it's okay to sidestep showcasing their history.

Quote:
Totally. and the flashback description really conforts me. I think we'll see good E/A history along with other pure Berlanti's moments. I'm really excited. I hope he didn't lose his touch
Yeah, me too. I feel pretty confident that Berlanti's love and talent for EA "is the norm." Natural, perfect, and effortless.

I am very excited for tonight!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm happy that Greg is writing tonight's ep with Rina. I love both of them so a co-written ep will be amazing, I'm sure. And I know I'll cry about Irv. ;(

I cannot believe next week is the finale. I want to cry just thinking about it. I'm going to be a sobbing mess.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

I'm so excited abotu tonights episode!
(Almost forgot...yet again... about tonight's episode since I been so busy this weekend!) Since I'm one of the mods on the board here now, I should probably try harder to remember, eh?
There'd better be LOTS of Greenie scenes tonight!!
Old 05-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^^

Yes, there better be tons of EA.. I am counting on it.. Come through, Berlanti, pleeeeeeaase!
Old 05-29-2006, 03:08 PM
buffyannAlex

I'm just rewatching "The day is done" and from the first seconds you know Berlanti's talent is there. I can't believe how much I miss his writing.
I expect very much from "Goodbye love" but I have faith in Berlanti and it CANNOT be less tha amazing !!!

Old 05-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm just rewatching "The day is done" and from the first seconds you know Berlanti's talent is there. I can't believe how much I miss his writing.
So true. You instantly are hit with his talent and knowledge of EA.. It's immediate. I have missed it so much. Tonight it's coming back! I can't wait.

Quote:
I expect very much from "Goodbye love" but I have faith in Berlanti and it CANNOT be less tha amazing !!!
Absolutely.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Addicted Fan

I can't wait Only 3 and 1/2 hours to go
Old 05-29-2006, 06:07 PM
New Fan

I can't belive they cancelled Everwood!! It is like one of the best shows and alot better than people give it credit for!
Old 05-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

This episode was such a tear jerker. I wept at the end for Edna and thought the acting was just fantastic. Why are they cancelling this show? Why?

I really enjoyed how the flashbacks dealt with Irv, but also had something to do with the current storylines. It wasn't overly done and I liked that. I liked seeing how Irv and Edna almost got married before. It goes to show just how much the dynamic between Harold and Edna has changed in the four years since the show began.

The Amy/Ephram flashback was cute, I thought that the makeup department did a good job of making Greg and Emily look like their season two selves.

I was hoping that the carnival scenes were in tonight's episode but I can wait another week til the series finale. Ugh I can't believe I'm actually typing series finale.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

A perfect episode from start to finish. There were too many tear-worthy scenes to count. But, also, how awesome was the humor too? Is there any drama that does it better?

Best scenes:

Amy's flashbacks
Ephram and Nina's talk
Amy/Hannah getting ready for bed. Okay, how totally natural were they.
Bright's oafish personality so perfectly personified in his flashbacks.
Every word out of Harold's mouth.

Oh, heck, the whole show deserves ten Emmys. I am sick about the series finale. Just hearing the promo for next week had me bawling.

Here's to Everwood!!! The best written, best acted, most touching show on tv.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love this show.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-25-2023 at 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

Forgot to add how much I loved it when Edna told Harold that the reason he was upset with her was because she liked her coffee "hot and black" and he pulled a Summer Roberts with the "First, Ewwww".

Also Bright trying to be a white rapper was hilarious.
Master Fan

Wow that end scene made me cry with Edna & Irv.

I loved the Amy & Ephrem Flashback along with the Bright & Irv Flashback. The Funeral Scene was ok but was not Dramatic enough imo. Yep it said Series Finalie before the Previews. If Ephrem and Amy & Andy and Nina are Together after the Finale they tied it up as best as possible.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread