Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
Thanks for your thoughts.
No problem
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 05-24-2006, 03:43 AM
buffyannAlex

There's so much here that I didn't think I had the energy to reply right away.
I'll go step by step.

Quote:
I have to start out by saying that Emily VanCamp stole this episode. She is just so incredibly talented. I can't even believe how outstanding she was in this episode. The layers and depth she has with her acting talent is something else. (...) What a joy to watch.
ICA. She really acted real and natural. This was simply great. I really loved all of her scenes in this episode.

Quote:
Andy's father/Andy:I adored the parallel of their fights and the priceless season 1 Andy/Ephram fights. I was touched by every scene between Andy and his father. Treat was just great as well. That living room convo at the end was good stuff.
What I thought was amazing is how much Andy and his father have in common. They both were absent fathers during certain time periods and ironically, both missed out on meeting their grandchildren. I just loved seeing Andy and his father interact. Such a nice touch.
I love the storyline. Though, as their personnal stories with their respective sons are almost the same, I had a bit of déjÃ*-vu when I was watching their scenes. Maybe they have a little too much in common, I don't know.
But I liked that they can totally relate to each other stories. Eugene can see the relationship he never had with his son and Andy can see how messed up he would have been if Julia hadn't died and he hadn't moved to Everwood.
I think the storyline could have fit better in another episode.

Quote:
Grandfather/Ephram/Delia: I loved their interaction but that end scene between the Grandfather and Delia was the one that moved me in a huge way. Outstanding scene!
TOTALLY ! I loved the scene too. One of my favorite of the episode. Delia was amazing. Very moving. I loved when they look at the photo and Delia go find other ones. Eugene is moved by the happy life of his son and at the same time, he's building easily a relationship with his grand daughter. very nice scene.

Quote:
Jake/Nina/Andy: Man, I don't get Nina! She is sending out every signal to Andy that she wants to be with him and yet she tells him LA is the best option. Seriously. That is ridiculous. And I'm not liking how Rina is just letting this triangle freakin drag on and on and on. It's so tiring.
I think, for the most part, the storyline is just not written as it should be and therefore, they're sending the wrong message.
To me, what they're trying to say is : Nina loves Jake and she has a good life now, she wants the best for her son and she thinks she can't ask for more. She's resolved. She doesn't want to change everything just because of what might be (with Andy).
I think if Sam wasn't in the mix, the triangle wouldn't exists.

But the way the storyline is handled, we feel like nina is weak, stupid and unable to make a decision.... this is not the Nina I know.

Quote:
Nick/Hannah: I LOVE Nick. In all actuality, I could easily ship Nick/Hannah. I thought their scenes were really cute. They do seem better suited for each other. It's too bad Nick is just a wedge right now for BH because I really like him. He's tons better than Topher. And Nick/Hannah had chemistry as well.
Exactly. I liked their scenes together. It was nice. When you see this episode, you know what's wrong with B/H, they're just 1000 times better as friends. They have chemitry with everyone on the show except for each other.... :roll_eyes:

Quote:
Rose/Edna convo: Touching scene. I almost started crying. I think I even wiped a tear away. Also, I was spoiled so I knew what was happening to Irv so the irony of Rose telling Edna to look out for Harold was significant because I think what's going to happen is the flip side. Harold will be looking out for Edna now.. Which will be so awesome because maybe they can mend some of their past wounds in their relationship as well.
I was touched by this scene as well but I realised while watching the episode that knowing who was going to die ruin a part of the episode. You know Rose isn't sick so the scene isn't so moving. sometimes, being spoiled really spoil the episode...

Quote:
Ephram and ES: First off, I do NOT like Stephanie at all and it's not because I adore EA. I am perplexed as to why Ephram would be attracted to her at all. The sides predicted she would be Laynie-like and she wasn't anything close to the amazing Laynie. She was dull, spoke like she was in a trance and was just plain boring. I didn't get Ephram's interest at all. Also, does anyone for a split second believe that Stephanie could come close to competing with Amy for Ephram's affections? Nope. That's the reason why I think Stephanie is pointless. She's not interesting and furthermore, she poses ZERO THREAT to EA so why go there? Pointless.
Yeah. I really was disapointed. I expected to feel sparks but didn't. The thing is, I don't see what Ephram sees in her. it seems forced.
I would have liked the storyline otherwise. Plus, she can't compete with Amy, I mean, it's freaking obvious...

Quote:
(..) I loved Ephram being there for Amy at the hospital. The vending machine scene was incredible! Without words but moving.. So very moving! The looks, expressions, gestures.. I loved how Ephram looked sort of hesitant, it appeared he almost wanted to embrace her but held back. He gazed at her then stepped away as Amy sort of followed him briefly with her eyes. So beautiful. And yes, so incredibly similar to season 1!
I loved everything about E/A in this episode. The shy jealous look on Amy's face when she sees Stephanie, the scene in the hospital, the funny scene at the beginning. Amazing to see how comfortable and natural it feels for them to be together, in every situation.

Quote:
Alexandra, great catch about the hoodie! I didn't realize she was wearing Ephram's hoodie until you mentioned it. Only this show can bring in those added extras that are subtle but powerful at the same time.
I didn't say or see that. You made me realize it by reading your post Even more amazing scene.

Quote:
Irv: The end scene with Irv was difficult to watch. Notice how that scene was very similar to the Colin scene in season 1 when Colin goes to the refrigerator and collapses due to a seizure. I guess I have been prepared for this storyline for months now because I was spoiled but whenever it materialized, it was still tough to watch.
ICA. Hard to watch although expected. very sad though. and reminded me of Colin as well. Drama never stops.

Quote:
That EA scene in the promo just about blew me away. THE CHEMISTRY exhibited by Greg/Emily in a brief sec as EA are holding onto each other so closely on that dance floor was something else. WOW. I rewatched that scene so many times. I simply don't know how Greg/Emily do it! How on earth can they be that powerful together? I have never witnessed that kind of explosive chemistry between a pairing on the screen, ever. They are magnificent! I have never been more passionate about a TV pairing, ever, and that includes two that I really love in Ross/Rachel and Luke/Lorelai. But there is just something about Ephram/Amy, their love story, the CHEMISTRY, oh man, THE CHEMISTRY between them that is simply untouchable.
I couldn't have said it better. They just ROCK !

Old 05-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Administrator

Great review, Michelle, as always. I'll try to contibute some of my thoughts this evening. I completely agree that Emily Van Camp's acting was phenomenal. Her tearful scene on the phone was incredible. She truly is a gifted young actress.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D
Great review, Michelle, as always. I'll try to contibute some of my thoughts this evening. I completely agree that Emily Van Camp's acting was phenomenal. Her tearful scene on the phone was incredible. She truly is a gifted young actress.
Aww, thank you, Jerry. I really appreciate it. Yes, Emily VanCamp is so gifted. I can hardly even believe how much talent she has within her. It's so natural and powerful at the same time. She really is an acting miracle.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

Alexandra, I will respond to your post later on tonight as well. Since you are out of town now I'm sure you won't mind the slight delay. LOL
Old 05-24-2006, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

I agree, Emily was amazing in this episode. The scene though that totally stuck out for me, however, was when she was outside, calling Hannah as they were loading Bright into the ambulance... That was AMAZING acting
Old 05-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleBehryGrl23
I agree, Emily was amazing in this episode. The scene though that totally stuck out for me, however, was when she was outside, calling Hannah as they were loading Bright into the ambulance... That was AMAZING acting
Oh man, me too, Ashley. She was INCREDIBLE. The minute she started to cry I was gone. She just sucks you right up into what Amy is feeling. She takes you straight there in such a way where you are almost "experiencing" the scene as if you are right there and it's all happening at that very moment. She's so amazing.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh man, me too, Ashley. She was INCREDIBLE. The minute she started to cry I was gone. She just sucks you right up into what Amy is feeling. She takes you straight there in such a way where you are almost "experiencing" the scene as if you are right there and it's all happening at that very moment. She's so amazing.
Right on, Michelle! Could not explain it any better than what you just said above!
She TOTALLY takes you straight to the emotion. It's smazing.. I can always totally feel her happiness, sadness, loneliness, confusion, etc...
Old 05-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Right on, Michelle! Could not explain it any better than what you just said above!
She TOTALLY takes you straight to the emotion. It's smazing.. I can always totally feel her happiness, sadness, loneliness, confusion, etc...

That's exactly it, Ashley. You feel EVERYTHING she's giving. Absolutely EVERYTHING. Never are you detached with her as Amy. She takes you straight there. Such a beautiful thing.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Old 05-25-2006, 05:52 PM
New Fan

I absolutley agreee with everyone about Emily's amazing acting skills. The phone scene with Hannah was great. I also liked the scene with Bright from a while ago when she approached him about telling Hannah he had cheated on her. I just really felt Amy's emotions towards Bright: first anger then a consoling emotion.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourallineed
I absolutley agreee with everyone about Emily's amazing acting skills. The phone scene with Hannah was great. I also liked the scene with Bright from a while ago when she approached him about telling Hannah he had cheated on her. I just really felt Amy's emotions towards Bright: first anger then a consoling emotion.
Great points. Welcome to the board.

The Amy/Bright scene you are referring to was fabulous. Yes, Amy's emotions were so apparent and in classic Emily style, she effortlessly allows Amy to slide from one emotion to the next, allowing the audience "in" to feel everything that Amy is feeling along the way.

EVC = an acting miracle. She never ceases to amaze me.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

After everything that has happened to me as far a Tv SHOWS go..... i better watch to the very end and at least one good show gets its happy ending.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, so today I came home after school and 'spent some quality time with Everwood'
So we first see Amy/Ephram in the restaurant, having them in the first scene is a rarity I think, but very nice indeed. I loved that little bet they had, yet another example of how free they are, how their personalities 'emerge' when they are around each other and how much they complement each other. And after Ephram failed to free the table from his grandfather [what a twist, lol], Amy laughs, showing that there's just so much love between those people. It's not an ordinary friendship, although in normal friendships such things may happen as well, but this is.. pure affection, love, trust - whatever good word you can find to describe love here works. It's all there. In that one smile.
Afterwards, we get a scene with Ephram and his father [was Eugene his name?] which marks the beginning of the whole process of working out their problems, which I think this storyline was all about and carried on throughout the whole episode. I think it was really nice, the parallel between Eugene/Andy/Ephram. And I'm also glad they came to terms of their relationship and gave a new meaning to the whole arguing and fighting between Andy and Ephram throughout the first 3 seasons. And it's always nice to be presented a little more detail about previous storylines and 'enhance' them on the way.
Now onwards to Nick and Hannah. Well, Nick's not anything special for me, I don't either like or dislike him, but I presume he's just a stopover and will be gone soon. Although their dinner scene was okay, nice to see they had something in common with the whole church thing.
Hmm. Ephram and Stephanie. I was really afraid to see how this would play out, but it wasn't that bad at all. I think that Stephanie serves just as a new friend to Ephram. I know he invited her to Bright's birthday party and all, but it wasn't really like a date or anything. I see it as Ephram just meeting new people. Of course Amy was jealous of Stephanie, but I really don't think that Ephram likes her. Proof of this for me was the hug Ephram gave Amy after her phone call, to assure her everything was going to be okay. Ephram still cares about Amy like no other person on earth. And it's clearly indicated that he would never cheat on her or do anything to sacrifice his relationship with Amy. Having a conversation with a girl is totally fine. But you could see that when Amy was crying, Ephram was there for her, just like he'd always been, and will be. Amy is always his number one priority. No matter what.
Nina and Jake? Well, in the beginning I was hoping for them to be together and I believe they could be a nice family. But we know where that storyline is going to, so no point in discussing this any more. Although I liked Jake in this episode, his determination and commitment.. he's generally a nice guy.
Amy with Legos was definitely funny 'What's with the Legos?' 'I don't know, it's fun' Reminds me of childhood, oh the good times
The whole dinner scene at Nina's place showed how much all 3 - Eugene/Andrew/Ephram have in common. It's like in the very first episode, when Edna told Andy that when a father and a son fight all the time, it means they're exactly the same. All 3 generations of the Brown men are. And when Andy got mad at his father, it was just like season 1 again
At the birthday party Amy goes to seek for Bright and meets with Stephanie. And they didn't get into any kind of fight like I expected to, but they were actually really friendly to each other. I didn't understand what Stephanie said, but it seemed like she knew Amy? Or only Stephanie knew Amy? I don't know.. well, as I said before, Stephanie isn't a threat to Amy, well just look at her.. she isn't even the tiniest bit of beautiful like Amy is
Oh and now [as I'm watching the 2nd time and writing this simultaneously], I noticed another example of how Ephram really cares about Amy, not that stupid ugly Stephanie. The conversation between the 3 ends with Ephram asking Amy if she wants him to go with her. He IS just always there, offering help and comfort and support to Amy. Even when she doesn't need it.
Next scene I'm going to talk about is after Bright has fallen through the window already. The telephone conversation between Amy and Hannah. As you have mentioned in this thread before [yeah I read it! ], Emily just nailed this. Perfection. And you've praised it so much already so I really don't feel the need to. But it was superb.
Next the 'slideshow' [sorry I know it's not the correct word, lacking english skills at 00.25 am] of how Bright's accident has an effect on all the people. Amy and Ephram at the vending machine. Yet another fabulous reference to season 1. Ephram comforting/helping Amy. Offering her coffee or tea, don't know which. Another nice 10 second greenie
Delia/Eugene in the end. Yeah kind of the only Delia scene, but very well-done either way. Grandchildren/grandparents conversations always rock
Another 'pearl' acting-wise [aside from Amy's cry] for me was Hannah in the hospital, at Bright's side. Sarah Drew did very well in this scene, I think She still loves him and they're getting back together. And now Bright has more motivation too. Another yay scene for me.
Irv scene was very sad Can't believe our dear narrator is gone He has warmed my heart with those narrations on innumerable occasions. But somehow, the death scene managed to show how great a man was really dying, even if you didn't know he was great. But he was. He was truly a magnificent person, as a narrator and as a character. Always positive. Always hopeful. Always proud.
Can't believe I finished this long review on such a sad note :'( I think I even just spoke a little like he used to. Please, Irv, come back!

Last edited by Amont; 05-26-2006 at 11:31 PM
Old 05-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Amont, excellent thoughts.

A couple comments: Your depiction of EA is dead on. Yes, Andy's father is named Eugene. You mentioned that you didn't know what Stephanie said to Amy or how they knew each other. Basically, Amy and Stephanie know each other through school, Colorado A&M.

Quote:
Stephanie isn't a threat to Amy, well just look at her.. she isn't even the tiniest bit of beautiful like Amy is
Amen.

Great mention of Amy and the Legos. I enjoyed that scene so much. It was just one of those added additions that this show is known for that no other way less quality show could ever dream of incorporating. I love the meaning and intention behind the Legos.

I know I sound like a broken record but Emily is just devastating. Every scene she was in, she stole the show. Her ability to depict even the tiniest emotion simply blows me away. I love her. What frustrates me is how Rina had limited Amy scenes in the couple episodes before this. Why? Why would she ever go there? Has she SEEN what Emily does on the screen? Such a waste whenever Rina has limited Amy scenes. One of the many things that has frustrated me with Rina.. At times, her not so great decision making.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-16-2023 at 05:25 PM
Old 05-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Hi everyone!!

I have to agree that when Amy was on the phone with Hannah that was the best scene of the episode IMO... I love Emily and think she's such a great actress...

On another note I love how the press still takes digs at One Tree Hill even though it was 7th Heaven that was picked up instead of Everwood not OTH I will miss Everwood soooooooooo much! I'm hoping that Greg and Emily will find other shows to be on because I want them back on my screens in the near future!

Icon credit: IceQueenFollower
Closed Thread   Post New Thread