Moderator of ...
Everwood

Episode Discussion #419: Reckoning

Reckoning

Monday, May 22 9/8c

Quote:
Reckoning

Monday, May 22 9/8c

Andy (Treat Williams), Ephram and Delia are all shocked by a visit from Andy's estranged father Gene (guest star Charles Durning ("Everybody Loves Raymond," "Tootsie,"), whom they haven't seen for 15 years. Ephram (Gregory Smith) and Amy (Emily VanCamp) take Bright (Chris Pratt) out to celebrate his 21st birthday, but Bright drinks too much, falls through a window and ends up in the hospital. Hannah (Sarah Drew) rushes from her date with Nick (guest star Chris Egan, "Empire"), to be at Bright's side. Nina (Stephanie Niznik) decides to move to Los Angeles with Jake (Scott Wolf), which is devastating news for Andy. Irv (John Beasley) and Edna (Debra Mooney) decide to buy an RV and spend their retirement traveling the country.
Tom Amandes and Merrilyn Gann also star.

David Hudgins wrote the episode directed by David Petrarca.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

I can't believe were already in episode 19 Tis so sad!
Can't wait to see this episode tomorrow. Can't wait to see if there wil be any Greenie scenes --There had better be!!!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yep, we are down to the last ones...

EA interaction better be happening as well. It's crunch time now. Lets do it.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
EA interaction better be happening as well. It's crunch time now. Lets do it.
HAHA! Damn right!!! They'd better be heading towards togetherness now...
Old 05-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleBehryGrl23
HAHA! Damn right!!! They'd better be heading towards togetherness now...
LOL Exactly! Bring it on!

Andy/Nina need to get going as well.. Wow, is this a romance that has been, what, put on pause for like the longest time, ever! I want to literally jump through my screen sometimes and scream at the both of them to get it together already! The time is now. Which means Jake needs to go to LA without her. Like yesterday.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Oh yes, i want Nina/Andy as well to get on the cuples ship and sail off into the sunset, happily ever after as one big family. That is actually the perfect way to end the show, them getting together, joining families.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Totally agree. The perfect way, for sure.

I also love that EA has forever linked the Browns and the Abbotts so it will be nice to see them get the happy ending (I hope) as it will only further cement the two families together as well.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:57 AM
buffyannAlex

Michelle> That's a very nice way to put it. Yeah, Definitely, the families will be linked forever.
Just imagine the look on Harold's face when Andy would mention they're like brothers now...that would be hilarious....

Old 05-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex
Michelle> That's a very nice way to put it. Yeah, Definitely, the families will be linked forever.
Thanks. Do you know what scene I loved in season 1 that I feel was huge foreshadowing that the Browns and Abbotts would be forever linked? It was the scene at County with Ephram and Bright sitting in chairs, Amy standing nearby, all of them looking miserable while both Andy and Harold show up and Harold almost freaks out seeing Andy there and realizing that Bright and Amy were associated with the "liberal, annoying Dr. Brown's son" The best.

Quote:
Just imagine the look on Harold's face when Andy would mention they're like brothers now...that would be hilarious....
Oh man, it so would.

I thought if there was enough time and we ever went into the future, say, whenever EA were in their mid to late twenties and they tied the knot, it would have been priceless to see Harold and Andy interactinng at the wedding! Haha. God, the jokes Andy would crack about how they are "officially family" would have been simply the best.

Either way, a wedding isn't needed. The Browns and Abbotts have been forever linked and EA is the very reason for this. And lucky for us, they always will be.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:01 AM
buffyannAlex

Quote:
Thanks. Do you know what scene I loved in season 1 that I feel was huge foreshadowing that the Browns and Abbotts would be forever linked? It was the scene at County with Ephram and Bright sitting in chairs, Amy standing nearby, all of them looking miserable while both Andy and Harold show up and Harold almost freaks out seeing Andy there and realizing that Bright and Amy were associated with the "liberal, annoying Dr. Brown's son" The best.
Yeah, I remember that (love season 1). They've come a long way when you think about it. I'd love to see the Ephram/harold or Ephram/Rose relationship explored a little more. That would be so interesting. I'd love to see that. Like Rose trying to reassure Ephram and saying he shouldn't give up on Amy or something like that. Rose is pro-Ephramy, I love that

Quote:
I thought if there was enough time and we ever went into the future, say, whenever EA were in their mid to late twenties and they tied the knot, it would have been priceless to see Harold and Andy interactinng at the wedding! Haha. God, the jokes Andy would crack about how they are "officially family" would have been simply the best.
Yeah, it would.
I think it could happen at the Bat Mitzvah.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Either way, a wedding isn't needed. The Browns and Abbotts have been forever linked and EA is the very reason for this. And lucky for us, they always will be.
Totally. As long as we get the happy ending I don't care about a wedding, it will be so out of character. i'd prefer a forshadowing of their future with the "forever necklace" or something like that. I'm putting my own thoughts here because that's what I did in my Fanfic...

Old 05-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

I want E/A flirting this ep!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 02:39 PM
New Fan

you guys are so lucky that you get to watch it tonight. I have to wait to watch everwood tommorow at 6. I'm really excited though, but sad. Only 4 more!! What am i gonna do without it?!?!? Somebody better be smart and pick it up. Anyway, enjoy.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex
Yeah, I remember that (love season 1). They've come a long way when you think about it. I'd love to see the Ephram/harold or Ephram/Rose relationship explored a little more. That would be so interesting. I'd love to see that. Like Rose trying to reassure Ephram and saying he shouldn't give up on Amy or something like that. Rose is pro-Ephramy, I love that
She is, indeed. She always has been, in fact. I would love Ephram/Rose interaction! I love the Andy/Amy interaction we got at the beginning of 3 but I was disappointed that it didn't continue on. I also like how they flirted with Harold/Ephram interaction in season 3 but again, that was never followed up on. Disppointing. I crave any scenes where Amy is interacting with the Browns and Ephram is interacting with the Abbotts. It feels so right and true.

Quote:
Yeah, it would.
I think it could happen at the Bat Mitzvah.
Hey, good point. Great spec!

Quote:
Totally. As long as we get the happy ending I don't care about a wedding, it will be so out of character. i'd prefer a forshadowing of their future with the "forever necklace" or something like that. I'm putting my own thoughts here because that's what I did in my Fanfic...
Me too. Foreshadowing and confirmation of a happily ever after is all that's needed. Yes, I would love for that infinity necklace to come back into the picture. LOL regarding your Fanfic. I'm so there.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

I definitely think since were in the last 2 episodes, more scenes will follow Amy and Ephram as well as Andy and NIna. I hope we get the happy ending we hoped for.

Jessica av by Undeniable
Old 05-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

So I just finished watching tonight's episode. Here are my thoughts:

Stephanie: Go away. You have no chance with Ephram, don't even waste your time. Go find yourself a roomate elsewhere. Oh, and don't even think about stealing Amy's

Ephram: Wake up man. Don't go trying to persue other avenues this late in the game. You got Amy jealous, okay good, now go be with her!! Don't ditch her, the one girl you've wanted for the past 4 years, for some chick you don't even know!

Amy: Hurry up girl and get your man back before it's too late! You need to either call your 'Europe' short and get Ephram back or say goodbye to a guy most girls would die to have.

Andy: Way to go, forgiving your father. That was a very smart move to practice what you been teachin the past four years

Rose: Thank GOD she doesn't have cancer again! I am so glad! I cheered when Harold told her the results. So awesome!

Bright: I get your pain man, really, I do. I just hope he is able to move on finally from this. We love you! Don't leave us!

Overall thoughts on storylines:

Amy/Ephram: Move your butts already! Time is not on your side. You need to both stop playing games and get back together. I thought they were doing good progression wise till Stephanie came into the episode this evening. So was not impressed...

Bright/Hannah: I simply don't know what to think about these two anymore. I really don't. They need to either be together or not. I lived their end scene in tonight's episode, and even cried!

Andy/Nina: GRRR! I hate that Nina is just lying there, letting Jake move her there! She obviously loves ANDY. She needs to decide once and for all and stick to her decision. She can't have both. I felt so bad for Andy tonight, you could tell he was deepy hurt by the news that she's leaving.

Mr.Brown/Andy: It was eerie how Andy's relationship with his father closely mirrored his past relationship with Ephram. I'm glad though that they were able to come to some sort of agreement, some sort of forgivness at the end of this episode though. Wonder if he'll be there next episode...

Edna/Irv: Oh no. I can't take this! Irv is the one who dies? From the looks of the end of this episode, I'd say it's safe to assume that. I have not read any spoilers about this storyline, so I really am clueless abuot this.. This is so sad! I wonder what that.

Any other parts I have forgotten, I'm sure others will comment on them, and remind me.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread