Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyluvseverwood
I still have never seen a bad episode of everwood, and i don't think there will ever be one.
Welcome, Amyluvseverwood, and I completely agree with that statement.

The always misleading WB promos for this episode made me believe that Andy and Nina were going to sleep together in this episode, and I'm so happy that didn't happen. I would want Nina to be completely free of Jake before she sleeps with Andy.

I have mixed feelings about who was in the right or who was wrong concerning Amy and Hannah's friendship. In many ways, I felt that Hannah was right when she told Amy in a recent episode that she always wants any relationship she is in, whether it be with Ephram or with Hannah, on her terms. On the same token, however, I think that Hannah was wrong to get angry at Amy for moving on with her life and making new friends and having new interests in college while Hannah is still in high school, so I would say that both of them share equal blame, if blame is even the word, for the fact that they're not as close as they once were.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB7becks82
You pretty much summarized my thoughts. Jake bores me to no end and its frustrating because I know he is used just to delay Andy/Nina and its so obvious. He serves no other purpose and why with the series possibly ending do we have to endure all the painful Jake time. At least have Nina with Jake but cut his screentime and have Andy/Nina flirting a bit more. I am sick of him coming on at the end of every episode and doing something touching so Nina delays the break up with him and union with Andy. Hes just a ploy. I dont care about him.
Absolutely. I do not care about him at all. And you are so right on with how there is this same pattern of Jake showing up at the end of the episode (while he also hogs tons of screentime before this) and does something so wonderful to "wow" Nina again and keep the break up delayed as a result. Ridiculous. So old. There needs to be more Andy/Nina build up. It's just at a standstill right now. I like how Nina admitted the possibility of being in love with two people, at least that was some progress but still. Boring and drawn out because everyone understands that the guy she truly loves completely is Andy.

Bottom line: Jake is taking up way too much screentime and it needs to stop.

Quote:
Oh god why they cut Amy's professor's storyline to see Hannah whine to Rose and beat up a pillow I will never know. Talk about the biggest waste of time EVER. Its so unrealistic to whine to your ex's mother like that. I actually found her behavior appalling to be honest. And Bright and Chris Pratt werent even believable IMO. His character was so off and pathetic in just about every scene expect with Harold. And his reaction to the suicide was borderline insanity. I mean what was that. Either it was horrible writing or Chris Pratt couldnt act his way out a paperbag.
Heh. Welcome back. I agree with your every word. Cutting that professor storyline was just perplexing. My theory is it was to add the bunk pillow punching scene or Chris Pratt not giving it one ounce of effort in Bright's reaction to Reid's suicide. And yes, how unrealistic to complain to your ex's mother.. Wow. It really was. The only thing that I got out of the pillow scene is while I thought it was utterly ridiculous, whenever Hannah started crying, Sarah did do a nice job with causing Hannah to look devastated. That's the thing, I think with the right material, Sarah could better demonstrate that she has some talent. I don't think she has the acting chops of an EVC but she is better than most of the younger actresses out there right now. It's a shame she is having to punch pillows with her character instead of getting some other, say, sane, material to work with instead.

Quote:
I agree this is the only scene I have liked Bright in, in the recent past. At least Rina used a continuing storyline and is trying to tie it up in case Everwood does end. It does feel rushed but like you said at least its being attempted to be settled if the series doesnt come back.
Yep. And yes, at least there was continuity. That was good. Most definitely.

Quote:
Oh yeah I love him. I love how Ephram has matured so realistically this year after all that drama of last year. I am glad they had Madisongate somewhat positively affect him.
Definitely. He really has matured in such a real and natural way. It is like night and day comparing season 3 Ephram to season 4 Ephram. Wow. What a difference. You're so right on, at least Madisongate did have a positive influence on him whenever it's all said and done. That is outstanding to see. I remember on another site, we all speculated that season 4 Ephram was going to be a complete basket case. He would be drinking, playing at bars for money to drink and get by, hating on Andy, just rebelling. I am certainly glad they didn't go that route with him.

Quote:
And even though I used to think that he forgave Andy too soon I am really starting to love their friendly interaction as of late and the banter between them. Maybe because part of me is accepting Everwood isnt coming back so its good to leave Ephram and Ephram/Andy in a good place at the end and not filled with drama like the previous 3 seasons.
Excellent points! As usual, right with you. The one good thing about if the series has to end, at least Andy/Ephram seem to be sitting in a perfect position to do just that. I also don't think it is a coincidence that they are both not with Nina and Amy right now. I think that was deliberate. They probably wanted to go with the silent parallel of these two bonding all the more while both pining for their true loves. They are both going through the pain of being away from their "one and onlys" and in a way, they are going through it together. Pretty cool

Quote:
I know. I love how all these 2 have to do is just look at each other and you see the love between them . So powerful, very few actors would be able to pull it off. I like that Amy is slowly realizing she still loves and needs Ephram by her side without a triangle happening. I like that she is realizing it on her on. I am also glad to see that Ephram did truly think Amy supported him during Madisongate and all the stuff he said to her in "Fallout" and "Acceptance" was not true at all. He really did know she was there for him through it all. I didnt think we would see Ephram say that. Even if I am not a fan of Madisongate at all I am glad to see that Ephram hasnt totally forgot (seeing as it would be unrealistic) but that its referenced at important moments in his life like Kyle needing his dad and Reid's suicide and loneliness (to connect with Amy ). I am also glad that for once in her life Amy didnt obsess over something when Ephram admitted to her that he told Reid to back off. I was sure it would come back later to destroy EA's chance at reconciliation. Glad it wasnt the case. EA did make the episode IMO.
I can't add anything to that piece of perfection. Couldn't. Agree. More.

Have I mentioned how awesome it is that you're back?

Last edited by jediwands; 05-10-2006 at 08:41 PM
Old 05-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Okay so now I've seen the episode too. It just finished with the final episodes of season 1 in eMule! Now I have the whole Season 1, which is like.. yehaa!

So this episode started with Reid trying to commit suicide, which in my opinion is the most terrible thing to do. I could never imagine how bad those people might feel.. to actually be strong enough to take a life from oneself. I could never do that. And I think it shows much about Reid: it shows that he is facing such extremes at school that it actually makes him inhumane [as I said before, I think that a normal person could and should never be able to take life from oneself], it shows that he must have been real stressed out [I must admit, there have been many times I've thought in my life that this is like the lowest point - can't get worse. little did I know how depressed a person might actually be until I saw this episode]. I really felt for him and I truly hope he gets up on his feet and everything sorted out.
We see how Ephram discovers all this, and reveals us just how much he has grown ever since he moved with his sister and his father to this little town. We see how he cares a lot about the people he's living with [not unlike in season 1] and how the blames Reid's suicide attempt upon himself. Through this course of action, he realises how there should be a person for everybody in this world to 'back you up'. He finds out what has always been there within him. See - in season 1 he was that kind of person for Amy - someone who always is around, backs you up. Now I haven't seen all of season 2 and none of season 3 yet, but I can tell you I know season 4. And in season 4, in this latest episode, he becomes the back-up person for Reid. Andy got it very right I think - he saved his life. And the way Ephram talked about backup persons with Amy later on.. in 'Ghosts' Amy told him that as she read through all the postcards Ephram wrote him in Europe, he saw him grown right before her eyes. I saw Ephram grow right in front of my eyes during his conversation with Amy.
Amy: Everybody goes through crap.. going to medschool can't be worse than finding out that your ex-girlfriend hid your baby without you knowing about it. You survived..
Ephram: Yeah when I was going through all my crap.. I had you.. you were there for me.
Amy: Obviously you didn't know much..
Ephram: Are you kidding me? I wouldn't have been through any of that stuff without you.. [that last sentence I didn't quite get, anybody care to help me? He said it very quickly.. the end I got, but not the beginning]
Amy: Ephram..
Ephram: The point is - I think it makes a big difference knowing that there's at least one person in the world that has your back. No matter what. It doesn't have to be the same person for your entire life, but.. everybody deserves at least one someone. I should have been there for Reid.
[Amy gives Ephram a comforting caress]
In this scene, Ephram finally understood a most important part of his inner self and nature - his ability to be there for people. After season 1 he hadn't been that person for anybody for a long time. And now he realised it. Okay I think I've been too much in-depth with all this Ephram caring about others thing, but at least I could speak out what I thought - speak my mind.
Now I come to the scene where Hannah visits Rose. Which I liked quite a lot, because of how Rose acted as a mother-figure for Hannah and taught her an important lesson and gave her advice. I also liked how Hannah got to let out her feelings, anger and fear, which are like one of the most important feelings to let go of. Anger usually 'expands' itself, until finally it explodes. And when it happens, it might be one of the moments we sometimes make the most horrible mistakes. Believe me, I know that. Rose was very nice to help Hannah release his anger and fury.
Bright's apology to Hannah? Not really cool how Bright handled that. I mean it was meant to be doomed from the start. You can't just undo all changes with an expensive necklace. I know he realised it, but he'd already made another stupid mistake. And it led to Hannah claiming that she might not be able to forgive Bright.. ever. What I would like to have seen is that Bright wouldn't necessarily be apologising all the time with all those 'I'm so incredibly sorry'es, but to actually show her that he is the one who has suffered most in this incident. Kind of like play on Hannah's pity. It would've worked in the previous episode, where he revealed the secret to her. In reply to Hannah's question 'You cheated on me?' he shouldn't have said anything. What I think would have worked is if Bright had shed a tear. In silence. And then sat down, put his arms on his head and regretted this like never before. Would've been all different.
Nina/Jake/Andy. What I think about this love triangle is that.. Nina could just as well be with Jake. I mean I don't exactly dislike Jake, I think he's actually very assiduous, but like Nina said, he's dealing with his own stuff and not commiting enough time to Nina. They could be a nice couple, if only they'd sort out their little problems. The thing with Andy and Nina is that in my mind they've always been friends. Very good ones. And I'd like it to be that way. Nina, including Sam have suffered a lot and if Nina was to end up with Andy, Sam would lose another father figure. And Nina.. I can't even imagine what it would do to her. Nina, Jake and Sam could be a very nice family. Jake isn't this horrible dull person for me as it is for some. And Andy could still be friends with them all, now that he conciliated with Jake who forgave him for kissing Nina. It could work very well. But a love triangle? Nina being in love with 2 people? I don't know.. not really.
Bright and Harold. I think this scene was in some ways, a lot of ways similar to the one with Rose and Hannah. Harold gave his son valuable advice and.. both Hannah and Bright had quality conversations with Rose/Harold respectively and I think it was really gratifying to see that.
The ending now. Ephram, after realising that he wasn't there for Reid wants to make sure the same doesn't happen to his student Kyle. Another sign that Ephram has grown and matured a lot. Being there for your friends/relatives/whoever we care about is one of the most important lessons we have to learn in life. And Ephram is just doing that in 'All The Lonely People'. And that is saying a lot. That is really something.
The Ephram and Amy last scene nailed it all.

This was my long analysis of the episode. Have to finish now Thank you for your time, everybody who cared to read it until the end

Last edited by jediwands; 02-10-2023 at 12:55 PM
Old 05-13-2006, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Amont, that's great that you have season 1.

First off, to answer your question about what Ephram says in that scene... You actually have it right on.. This is all he says:

Quote:
Ephram: Are you kidding me? I wouldn't have been able to get through any of that stuff without you..

then Amy goes with the..

Amy: Ephram..
He doesn't say anything else before Amy goes with "Ephram."

Speaking of perfect, what you just said above ^ was perfection..

Bravo. Couldn't agree more.

Spectacular post.. I enjoyed reading it, very much.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-10-2023 at 12:55 PM
Old 05-28-2018, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I knew there was a suicide storyline this season but I didn’t think that it was going to be Reid, I assumed it was going to be Kyle. (I saw the series so long ago and couldnt remember which character it was...) Reid didn’t seem THAT depressed to me, but I guess it’s not that easy to always tell. I’m glad the show was covering such a difficult topic. The scenes with Reids mom were certainly touching and sad. I cant imagine going through something like that. At least his storyline finally has substance. I do agree with the comments though that Reid was just too rational when he woke up talking through his thought process. That is not a guy that would commit suicide imo. I think he should have reacted more emotionally, telling Ephram to get out or something idk. It felt off to me.

I’m glad that Ephram finally told Amy that he had asked Reid to stop seeing Amy way back when. I liked her reaction to it and that she wasn’t upset and that she said it was still Reid’s choice. Their conversation was SO PURE! Ephram saying that he got through all the stuff with Madison because he had Amy there. GUH my heart. They are so adorable. How did she not just kiss him then? She honestly should have. Then they could have gotten back together the next episode and then dated the remaining ones. lol. I’m bitter haha. But that last scene between them was so cute!

Quote:
Either way, I very much see and feel the chemistry between them which is where my annoyance comes out in full force. WHY aren't they together again? Oh yeah, got it, for whatever reason, instead, we are constantly being dragged into having to endure the very obvious trainwreck known as Jake/Nina.
Michelle, I read this comment (well I read your entire comment) but this part is ME. Like, I just dont understand the J/N relationship at all. Like you said later in the post if they wanted to drag out Nina and Andy, fine, but JN should have broken up a long time ago. The only reason they did isn’t because a) they needed a way to keep scott around and b) nina needed a storyline so they felt they’d kill two birds with one stone. Just… annoying. Im so over this relationship. And now it feels like he's going to propose??

Lice I am so glad I don’t have kids. If I ever get lice I am going to FREAK OUT. I am always paranoid about getting it. It was sort of a funny plot I guess, and I enjoyed the Andy/Nina scenes, but wow, it felt forced just to give them interaction, which is a bit annoying because they are so natural together regardless of what their scenes are about. The whole hair touching and breathing in was just too cheesey imo. Nina even admits in the damn scene she feels better with Andy than around Jake. Like, whytf is she still with him? So annoying. I CANT.

I don’t see how Hannah can forgive Bright, I really cant. They should have taken a break and then Bright slept with someone else. But he cheated on her and he had sex with another girl and he and Hannah haven’t had sex yet, and that topic is very sensitive for her. I just dont see how she can just look past that. And I am glad that she didn’t just forgive him because that is a better message to send to people watching the show. I agree with other comments in the thread that his parents were not upset enough with Bright and seemed to brush it off. The scene with Harold was sweet but it felt out of place after everything with Hannah just happened. He admires him? Huh? lol. I did like the hug though. Supportive Harold is way more likable.

Delia’s blink and miss it scene, wtf was that? Why doesn’t this girl get more, I don’t understand. Never will. The show used to be about Ephram’s family but its not at all anymore. Sad.

The ending Ephram and Andy scene was so cute, they are one of my favorite relationships on the show for sure. I love that Andy was asking when Ephram was coming back and it was obvious he was going to miss having him around. But i think its adorable that Andy wanted to check up on Kyle. I also enjoyed the brief Delia/Andy moment in the episode.

The whole time I was watching the episode I just kept thinking “man I don’t want this show to be over”. I don’t want to finish the series already, it just doesn’t feel long enough. The show is so good and so real. Its not cheesey or over the top like so many other dramas on tv. UGH, its just unfair. I really hope the reboot goes through now because I need more of these characters in my life!

Last edited by Alexa; 05-28-2018 at 09:55 PM
Old 05-29-2018, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I knew there was a suicide storyline this season but I didn’t think that it was going to be Reid, I assumed it was going to be Kyle. (I saw the series so long ago and couldnt remember which character it was...) Reid didn’t seem THAT depressed to me, but I guess it’s not that easy to always tell. I’m glad the show was covering such a difficult topic. The scenes with Reids mom were certainly touching and sad. I cant imagine going through something like that. At least his storyline finally has substance. I do agree with the comments though that Reid was just too rational when he woke up talking through his thought process. That is not a guy that would commit suicide imo. I think he should have reacted more emotionally, telling Ephram to get out or something idk. It felt off to me.

I’m glad that Ephram finally told Amy that he had asked Reid to stop seeing Amy way back when. I liked her reaction to it and that she wasn’t upset and that she said it was still Reid’s choice. Their conversation was SO PURE! Ephram saying that he got through all the stuff with Madison because he had Amy there. GUH my heart. They are so adorable. How did she not just kiss him then? She honestly should have. Then they could have gotten back together the next episode and then dated the remaining ones. lol. I’m bitter haha. But that last scene between them was so cute!

Michelle, I read this comment (well I read your entire comment) but this part is ME. Like, I just dont understand the J/N relationship at all. Like you said later in the post if they wanted to drag out Nina and Andy, fine, but JN should have broken up a long time ago. The only reason they did isn’t because a) they needed a way to keep scott around and b) nina needed a storyline so they felt they’d kill two birds with one stone. Just… annoying. Im so over this relationship. And now it feels like he's going to propose??

Lice I am so glad I don’t have kids. If I ever get lice I am going to FREAK OUT. I am always paranoid about getting it. It was sort of a funny plot I guess, and I enjoyed the Andy/Nina scenes, but wow, it felt forced just to give them interaction, which is a bit annoying because they are so natural together regardless of what their scenes are about. The whole hair touching and breathing in was just too cheesey imo. Nina even admits in the damn scene she feels better with Andy than around Jake. Like, whytf is she still with him? So annoying. I CANT.

I don’t see how Hannah can forgive Bright, I really cant. They should have taken a break and then Bright slept with someone else. But he cheated on her and he had sex with another girl and he and Hannah haven’t had sex yet, and that topic is very sensitive for her. I just dont see how she can just look past that. And I am glad that she didn’t just forgive him because that is a better message to send to people watching the show. I agree with other comments in the thread that his parents were not upset enough with Bright and seemed to brush it off. The scene with Harold was sweet but it felt out of place after everything with Hannah just happened. He admires him? Huh? lol. I did like the hug though. Supportive Harold is way more likable.

Delia’s blink and miss it scene, wtf was that? Why doesn’t this girl get more, I don’t understand. Never will. The show used to be about Ephram’s family but its not at all anymore. Sad.

The ending Ephram and Andy scene was so cute, they are one of my favorite relationships on the show for sure. I love that Andy was asking when Ephram was coming back and it was obvious he was going to miss having him around. But i think its adorable that Andy wanted to check up on Kyle. I also enjoyed the brief Delia/Andy moment in the episode.

The whole time I was watching the episode I just kept thinking “man I don’t want this show to be over”. I don’t want to finish the series already, it just doesn’t feel long enough. The show is so good and so real. Its not cheesey or over the top like so many other dramas on tv. UGH, its just unfair. I really hope the reboot goes through now because I need more of these characters in my life!
I love all your thoughts. Yes, back then when the episodes were airing I had the same thoughts on Jake and Andy/Nina. Ugh. Yes, so true at least Reid did have a point but you're so right, the execution sucked rocks. It was weird how he acted post-suicide attempt but at least there was a peaceful ending. This show was pretty good in season 2 showing situational depression. I like that this show never backed away from tough material and topics. It was daring and most of the time, realistic. Ephram and Amy are so perfect. The vast majority of the fanbase loved them. I think that says something. You hardly find anyone who disliked them or was even different. I'd say 90-95% of the fanbase adored them and how could you not? The writing and Greg/Emily chemistry was so incredible. You are right, Amy should have kissed Ephram right then. We would have gotten more episodes with them together before the series finale. They are just so perfect, goosebump-worthy... pure, natural, innocent yet mature at the same time. They are a one of a kind pairing. Lice! Gross indeed. I am right with you about a phobia. I once worked at a school during an internship and found out there was a lice outbreak a month before this time. I was freaked out! I needed to do therapy on myself. I totally agree about the Bright/Hannah situation. I think it should be impossible to forgive him. It was also weird how Harold was entirely supportive. Harold and Rose should have given him more hell but I guess it was to show evolution because Harold didn't support Bright in the past. The hug was great. The lack of Delia will always be an annoying mystery. I am convinced season 5 would have featured Andy/Delia but we didn't get there. Andy/Ephram = always worth the price of admission. Yes, that's precisely how I acted when we were getting to the last of the episodes of the series. I missed the show before the series finale even aired! This show was so real and unique. You just don't receive a show on the air like this one We needed to see more. We deserve to see more. Hopefully we get our wish.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am going to be a mess when I get to the finale. NOOOOO i dont want to watch it yet.

tbh i could binge the series so easily and just finish the episodes quick because i am totally in an everwood zone but i wont let myself because ugh i want to drag it out lol
Old 06-01-2018, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

LOL! I hear you! That Everwood Zone I can relate to so much. I remember watching the series week-to-week waiting for all news, waiting for the new season to begin. It was hard times, lol. This show is fun to binge watch because you really do enter Everwood Colorado and are a witness to what these characters are going through. It feels so real. You never want to leave.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I am going to be a mess when I get to the finale. NOOOOO i dont want to watch it yet.

tbh i could binge the series so easily and just finish the episodes quick because i am totally in an everwood zone but i wont let myself because ugh i want to drag it out lol
I hear you, Alexa! I honestly didn't enjoy the last episode as much as I should have, because the whole time I was feeling so sad that it would be the last one I would ever be able to watch!

It's definitely an easy thing to binge watch Everwood, since it's only 4 seasons long.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread