Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, exactly. There was a variety, thank God. And you're right, it looked incredibly misleading. But what's new.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Passionate Fan

On the surface the episode really didn't do much for me as you can probably tell by my comments below. But that's kinda the frustrating thing about this show. They can do awful stupid things and take the show in horrible directions.. but the writing is just so good that they can just get away with it. I know others have criticized Rina but it seems almost like she can take the story in ANY direction and the writing will just be so good that it works whether or not it's a good idea or not. Weird thing to say but the quality of the show is both a curse and a blessing at the same time.

1) Reid. The problem with Reid is I simply don't care about him. He's done and shown me nothing to make me care whether he lives or dies. Only reason I particularly wanted him to live is that if he died it would just mean we'd have Ephram moping around for a few episode and an episode wasted on his funeral.

I did like Ephram's reaction to it and how his mother took the news. Was well done.

2) Hannah. I really liked her scene with Rose. Rose knew exactly what to say to her and was really sweet about it.

As far as Hannah herself. Well. Her relationship with Bright is over. Amy has really moved beyond her since she switched focus from remaking Hannah's life to slavishly following her professor's political agenda. Time to go back to Minnesota. You can send post cards on occasion if you want.

3) Bright. Liked his conversation with his father. Particularly when Harold told him he has a good heart. A bit low stealing the present his dad wanted to give... but I think everyone forgives him anyway. Hope he stops moping since part of the reason we like his character is he is usually the one who isn't moping all the time.

4) Andy / Nina. Can Andy have a relationship with someone who ISN'T taken? Maybe it's just me but the whole thing between them fizzled a long time ago anyway. It seems forced and after the Anne Heche fiasco I want to see him perhaps in a more normal situation. The whole thing made me cringe.

5) Good to see Delia back. Delia wanting to learn to cook. Simple storyline. The type they could make a fun episode out of. Wish the writers would see that adultery, death, and suicide are NOT the only ways to build a story. But I guess with the show up in the air they want to pull out all the stops.

6) Jake is like a train crashing in slow motion. While he has no idea what is happening we all know there is going to be a loud boom and not much left of him is going to remain standing.

7) From the previews. Bright hurt. It seems WB shows all steal from each other and have the exact same themes. In the past it was adultery. I guess this year it's the boyfriend wins back the girl after doing something stupid by doing something even MORE stupid so everyone will feel sorry for him.

Do the right thing Hannah. Minnesota. And if you pass Laynie on the way there. Tell her to drop by Colorado.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned

Hannah sucks. She needs to go back to Minnesota. Her thing with Bright is probably over. Bright was an idiot and screwed up. Now he is facing the consequences. Besides, it always present that Hannah and Bright didn't belong together. Hannah is a conservative, religious and somewhat prudish person. Bright is like Stifler from American Pie.

Nina needs to pick Andy or Jake. That story line is getting old. Jake isn't there for Nina like Andy. Andy is the guy that Nina can always depend on.

I kinda feel sorry for Reid. Last night's episode showed how Amy, Ephram, and Bright don't know Reid that very well. Ephram did the right thing by saving him. So where did Ephram go? Why did he get on that bus?

Pack your bags, Hannah.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Overall this episode was just kind of there.

Reid: While I did feel sorry for him, I didn't like or even care about his character enough to get very invested in the suicide storyline. I liked Ephram's reactions to it, and I thought the actor who plays Reid did a pretty good job with his limited lines, but it wasn't something that stuck with me like the abortion storyline from season 1.

Nina/Jake/Andy: At first I wanted Nina to stay with Jake because I liked the relationship and wanted to see him happy. Now I think that I want them to break up because I'm starting to hate Nina. She doesn't deserve him. If she wants to have lice-ridden sexual tension with Andy, she at least needs to do Jake the courtesy of breaking up with him first...not basically telling Andy she still loves him, and then throwing in that she 'loves' Jake. I know that Jake is one of the more hated characters on this board, but I've always liked him. To have him come back with his declarations that he's going to rededicate himself to the relationship after the scene between Nina and Andy...he deserves better.

Bright and Hannah: I like this pairing, but I didn't really get much from this episode. Hannah's scene with Rose was nicely acted, but I really don't get any great longing that either of them has for the other, even though I'm supposed to.

Amy: I thought Amy was in this episode just enough. Just enough for me to like her and think about how pretty she is, but not enough for her to do something to make me think she's a jackass and get annoyed with her. Her scenes with Ephram at the beginning and end of the episode were definitely the high points though.

Everything else was just kind of there. I didn't register it enough to even make a comment on it. Delia was just kind of thrown in so Nina and Andy could have their 'moment', and Harold and Rose didn't have a lot to do either. I couldn't even muster up a whole lot of feeling for the Harold/Bright scene either, even though I kind of wanted to.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Finally I was able to watch the episode! Like Michelle, I had lots of phone calls while the show was on, and ended up having to pop a tape in, and wait till I could sit down and watch it. So here are my thoughts on the episode:

Ephram/Amy: Can i just say one thing? WOW. It's only a matter of days (er.. in this case, episodes) till they get back together. A reuinion between them is inevitable, that's for sure. Both scenes in this episode were so incredibly amazing... And I was pleasantly surprised when Ephram confessed telling Reid to back off, and Amy didn't get pissed about it. I honestly expected that to come back and bite Ephram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
Their goodbye at the end MADE this episode for me. It moved me like no other scene but that usually happens to me with E/A and their scenes. But man, this one was just great. Signaling to call each other, Ephram's flirty, cute smile and Amy laughing back, gazing at him, definitely looking at him through eyes of love.. Such an amazing scene.
Oh man. Can someone PLEASE upload that one scene? That is an incredable scene I wouldn't mind watching over and over. So much love between them, it's unreal. It both depresses and inspires me how much they love each other, haha!

Quote:
Andy/Nina/Jake: I'm frustrated. Really, really frustrated. This triangle is ridiculous and just plain draining.
^Mmm Hmm. Totally agree. I was yawning during those scenes. Nina needs to just get rid of Jake and go for Andy. I did like her line tho, "Do you think it's possible to be in love with two guys at the same time?" For some odd reason, it totally gave me hope for these two.

Hannah/Bright:
I found it painful to watch. Acting could have been better on Chris' part, but I honestly think Sarah did a great job. Knowing first, and even second hand what it's like to be cheated on, I'd say she really did a great job. I don't think there's a 'right' way to act in real life in that type of situation, altho I admit, I wasn't all for the scene with her beating the pillow..

Reid: I was oddly totally drawn to this storyline and I love how they delt with it. I actually like how the started the episode off with Ephram busting through the bathroom door and finding Reid. I think it was more believable. And Reid explaining how it "felt" as Ephram asked him to was awesome. I have a depression problem and I give such high praise to this storyline and how it was/is being delt with and how things were explained.

Quote:
I loved the scene where Ephram finds Reid. Greg was wonderful as always.
Me too. Greg is an amazing actor and it shines through in episodes like these. He definately hit high in the acting in this episode!

Quote:
Julia is wonderfully inserted in another episode. That was nice to see and one of those extra special additions that only a show like Everwood could ever pull off and do it oh so beautifully.

Greg's delivery and expressions were dead on perfect.
Couldn't agree more.

Ephram/Greg:I fall more and more in love with Ephram each episode, I swear! And, can I make a comment about his look Soo hooooottt!!!

Quote:
Ephram really impressed me and I was so proud of his selfless gestures to Reid and Kyle. I just love this guy. Caring to the bone. And again, Greg Smith is amazing. How this guy isn't recognized more is beyond me. How is this possible? Instead, much less talented young actors are all over the media.. Ridiculous.
Amy: I think Emily did a great job in the scenes she was in. I'm glad she wasn't just thrown into scenes just for the sake of it, but the scenes she *was* in, she totally made them worth it. I agree, Michelle. Another amazing young actress that isn't credited nearly as much as she should..

I am also glad to see Delia in the episode. Wow is she growing up! I really think Vivian Cardone will end up like Makenzie Roseman (the actress who plays Ruthie on 7th Heaven). When both girls started out on their shows, they were young and adorable, but the older they got, well... let's say they certainly caught the attention of the male viewers i see that being the case with Vivian.

Also glad to see the Andy/Delia scene. Seems things are going more smoothly between them, which is amazing to see. I'm really glad to see that

Andy/Ephram: I loved the scens they had, namely their last scene in this episode. I am really glad things are going well for them. I liked Ephram's comment about how, "I know you have withdrawls, but it's goin to be okay." Very glad to see them getting along so well once more. I adore the interaction between these two.

Also, I know this was questioned and talked about a lot.... I don' think Bright dies. The scene in the promo where Amy is crying on Hannah's shoulder is actually from last season when she first told her abuot Rose' cancer. GRR to the WB for throwing in that.

I can't even believe there are 3 episodes left!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob1983
Bright is like Stifler from American Pie.
OMG that is sooo funny!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Administrator

I’ll have more to say later in the week, but I must say that I had been dreading “Reidgate,” i.e. the moment that Amy would find out that Ephram had told Reid to back off from her, and I figured that all hell would break loose, but I was pleasantly surprised that Ephram told Amy what he had done in a regretful, honest, and mature manner, and that Amy reacted so well to his revealing that to her.

Ephram, as always, stole the episode with his genuine concern for Reid, and he really has a heart as big as the great outdoors, as he saw what can happen if someone cuts himself off from the world, so his reaction was to think of others, and reach out to Kyle once again and go off to see him. I loved Ephram and Amy’s goodbye scene, and their “call me” signal was touching and sweet.

I also really enjoyed watching Harold tell Bright that he admired him, and he said precisely the right thing that Bright needed to hear at a very difficult time in his life.

I’m really getting tired of the Jake/Andy/Nina love triangle, and Nina needs to make up her mind and realize that with Jake, she’ll always come second, but with Andy, she’ll always come first.

Great comments everyone.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

I think it's incredably ironic that Ephram found Reid in this episode.

Right now I am watching the clip where they had that confrontation earlier this year about Amy, and Reid specifically said, "You know, when you and I first met you, I didn't exactly get a warm and fuzzy..." So it sounds like they didn't get along well since the get go.

But I'm guessing even though they didn't show it on screen, the tension betwen Ephram and Reid -hopefully- went down a few notches since that episode. Than again, I had missed a few episodes in a row till just last week.

i just think it incredably ironic is all
Old 05-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

word. I was also shocked that Amy didn't get mad about Ephram telling Reid to stop dating Amy. I still think he had no right to say that to him, but she also made a point that he didn't have to listen to him

I kind of agree with whoever said it's time for Hannah to go. I didn't like how she was treating Amy. I think she was in the wrong, not Amy. It really bothered me how she got mad at Amy for having her hang out with her new friends

off topic. anyone notice how how nobody uses the TC references on Jake like last season? LOL

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 05-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2
off topic. anyone notice how how nobody uses the TC references on Jake like last season? LOL
Gee, I wonder why?

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^ No kidding. My how times have changed.

Excellent posts everyone.

hshapir, I completely agree with your take on Amy and Hannah. I never thought Amy did anything wrong and I was extremely annoyed by some of Hannah's actions.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleBehryGrl23
Ephram/Amy:

It both depresses and inspires me how much they love each other, haha!
True... very true
Old 05-10-2006, 12:43 PM
New Fan

I really enjoyed this episode. Its not one of the absolute best this season, but it was still really good. I LOVED the scenes between Bright and his dad. I also liked the ephram/amy scene and the scene between ephram and reids mom. I like seeing Delia too, even if its just for a little bit. And the whole Jake/Nina thing doesn't really bug me that much. It just makes it so that when Andy and Nina do get together it will be an even bigger deal and more special. I still have never seen a bad episode of everwood, and i don't think there will ever be one.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyluvseverwood
I still have never seen a bad episode of everwood, and i don't think there will ever be one.
Oh there is one, believe me. I belive the episode goes by the title, "Everwood Confidential".
Old 05-10-2006, 06:53 PM
AngelaiDanes

Quote:
I just got finished watching the episode. I found this episode to be average. Nothing special but not absolutely horrendous, either.
I agree it wasnt awful, but is wasnt excellent either. It had good parts (Ephram, Ephram/Amy), but also had parts I couldn't care less about (Jake and Hannah time).

Quote:
Andy/Nina/Jake:Anyway, this triangle very much annoys me. I want it over with already

You pretty much summarized my thoughts. Jake bores me to no end and its frustrating because I know he is used just to delay Andy/Nina and its so obvious. He serves no other purpose and why with the series possibly ending do we have to endure all the painful Jake time. At least have Nina with Jake but cut his screentime and have Andy/Nina flirting a bit more. I am sick of him coming on at the end of every episode and doing something touching so Nina delays the break up with him and union with Andy. Hes just a ploy. I dont care about him.

Quote:
Bright/Hannah: In all true honesty, I wasn't feeling anything from either Bright or Hannah in this episode. It was disappointing actually. I thought that pillow scene was just, well, off, and Bright and his tactics to win Hannah back were just lame.
Oh god why they cut Amy's professor's storyline to see Hannah whine to Rose and beat up a pillow I will never know. Talk about the biggest waste of time EVER. Its so unrealistic to whine to your ex's mother like that. I actually found her behavior appalling to be honest. And Bright and Chris Pratt werent even believable IMO. His character was so off and pathetic in just about every scene expect with Harold. And his reaction to the suicide was borderline insanity. I mean what was that. Either it was horrible writing or Chris Pratt couldnt act his way out a paperbag.

Quote:
Bright/Harold: I enjoyed their scenes and especially the last one as it did seem to sort of "tie up" their entire history and finally get them to a place where they can let go of the past and embrace the future but it did seem a bit rushed. However, given the uncertainty of the shows future, I guess that last scene was necessary if they wanted to attempt to heal some things between them even if maybe it could have been constructed a bit differently.
I agree this is the only scene I have liked Bright in, in the recent past. At least Rina used a continuing storyline and is trying to tie it up in case Everwood does end. It does feel rushed but like you said at least its being attempted to be settled if the series doesnt come back.

Quote:
Ephram: Ephram really impressed me and I was so proud of his selfless gestures to Reid and Kyle. I just love this guy. Caring to the bone.
Oh yeah I love him. I love how Ephram has matured so realistically this year after all that drama of last year. I am glad they had Madisongate somewhat positively affect him. And even though I used to think that he forgave Andy too soon I am really starting to love their friendly interaction as of late and the banter between them. Maybe because part of me is accepting Everwood isnt coming back so its good to leave Ephram and Ephram/Andy in a good place at the end and not filled with drama like the previous 3 seasons.

Quote:
Ephram/Amy: Both of their scenes were fantastic. Their goodbye at the end MADE this episode for me. It moved me like no other scene but that usually happens to me with E/A and their scenes. But man, this one was just great. Signaling to call each other, Ephram's flirty, cute smile and Amy laughing back, gazing at him, definitely looking at him through eyes of love.. Such an amazing scene.
I know. I love how all these 2 have to do is just look at each other and you see the love between them . So powerful, very few actors would be able to pull it off. I like that Amy is slowly realizing she still loves and needs Ephram by her side without a triangle happening. I like that she is realizing it on her on. I am also glad to see that Ephram did truly think Amy supported him during Madisongate and all the stuff he said to her in "Fallout" and "Acceptance" was not true at all. He really did know she was there for him through it all. I didnt think we would see Ephram say that. Even if I am not a fan of Madisongate at all I am glad to see that Ephram hasnt totally forgot (seeing as it would be unrealistic) but that its referenced at important moments in his life like Kyle needing his dad and Reid's suicide and loneliness (to connect with Amy ). I am also glad that for once in her life Amy didnt obsess over something when Ephram admitted to her that he told Reid to back off. I was sure it would come back later to destroy EA's chance at reconciliation. Glad it wasnt the case. EA did make the episode IMO.

Old 05-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Extreme Fan

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleBehryGrl23
Ephram/Amy: Can i just say one thing? WOW. It's only a matter of days (er.. in this case, episodes) till they get back together. A reuinion between them is inevitable, that's for sure.
Oh I love to hear that ... God, I wouldn't stop smiling for weeks ...
Quote:
Both scenes in this episode were so incredibly amazing... And I was pleasantly surprised when Ephram confessed telling Reid to back off, and Amy didn't get pissed about it. I honestly expected that to come back and bite Ephram.
Yep me too, very much so.
Quote:
Oh man. Can someone PLEASE upload that one scene? That is an incredable scene I wouldn't mind watching over and over. So much love between them, it's unreal. It both depresses and inspires me how much they love each other, haha!
Yeah, me too, me too. I usually think: "One day, I'll have that too, that love and happiness ...I hope." It inspires me to wait for it. And depresses me that I have to wait.
The scene is uploaded, by the way ! Yey !
Quote:
^Mmm Hmm. Totally agree. I was yawning during those scenes. Nina needs to just get rid of Jake and go for Andy. I did like her line tho, "Do you think it's possible to be in love with two guys at the same time?" For some odd reason, it totally gave me hope for these two.
I was surprised she said that, because when she asked Andy over and over again: "Can you think of one possible reason for me not to marry him?" when she wanted to propose to Jake ( what happened about that actually ? There haven't been much new clips lately )
Quote:
Reid: I was oddly totally drawn to this storyline and I love how they delt with it. I actually like how the started the episode off with Ephram busting through the bathroom door and finding Reid. I think it was more believable. And Reid explaining how it "felt" as Ephram asked him to was awesome. I have a depression problem and I give such high praise to this storyline and how it was/is being delt with and how things were explained.
Yeah, just another way of Everwood dealing with real things without getting ridiculous. To me, the storylines storylines they pick up are realistic, unlike the ones of for example Desperate Housewives or The OC. Then it just gets time filling and pathetic. That's only my opinion though.
Quote:
I am also glad to see Delia in the episode. Wow is she growing up! I really think Vivian Cardone will end up like Makenzie Roseman (the actress who plays Ruthie on 7th Heaven). When both girls started out on their shows, they were young and adorable, but the older they got, well... let's say they certainly caught the attention of the male viewers i see that being the case with Vivian.
Yeah, she is definitely beautiful, plus she already has one big film to offer ( A Beautiful Mind ) at such a young age ! In which she was fantastic, not to mention.
Quote:
Also glad to see the Andy/Delia scene. Seems things are going more smoothly between them, which is amazing to see. I'm really glad to see that
Yeah, it's kind of relaxing to see. I think it's amazing, the relationships Andy has with his children. What he built up there, not very much people have such a great and honest, real relationship with their father.
Quote:
Also, I know this was questioned and talked about a lot.... I don' think Bright dies. The scene in the promo where Amy is crying on Hannah's shoulder is actually from last season when she first told her abuot Rose' cancer. GRR to the WB for throwing in that.
Wow, clever of you to see that !
Quote:
I can't even believe there are 3 episodes left!
Yeah, me too. The "Forever - Hiatus" had us waiting so long and now time, or shall we say episodes are flying ...
I do think they'll do a fifth season. They have to, doing such fantastic writing. I can't bear to see another show like this just go away because not enough people see how good it is !
QUOTE]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread