Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Its on....and the Hannah scene with Brights mom...

Old 05-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Holy **** next weeks episode looks crazy. Whats going on with Bright? I saw Amy crying...do you think they'll kill him? I hope not i love Bright...
Old 05-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Well I personally cannot do my episode recap tonight because I received a couple phone calls during the episode and to make matters worse, my tape inexplicably stopped recording for, um, zero reason. I saw about 75% of the episode but thankfully, I have it on tivo and I will certainly watch the entire episode and then comment on it tomorrow.

Strictly doing the mod thing tonight.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-08-2006 at 07:18 PM
Old 05-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

What an awwwfest, in the best of ways in the way only Everwood can do. I need my weekly cryfest. Don't take it away from me you jerks at the CW!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by jediwands; 02-07-2023 at 04:17 PM
Old 05-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Extreme Fan

I was a fan of the episode. The amy stuff wasn't much but i think what she did was fantasic. The Hannah/ Rose moment was so adorable but sad in that Everwood way. I loved it. I feel so bad for her yet you can't help but feel Bad for Bright. I am excited for next week.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Andy/Nina was perfect, I'm thinking something more happened than we just saw to the naked eye, but I'm not sure so anymore.

I loved the Rose & Hannah, that was so sweet.

The promo for next week? Crazy.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 05-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

I hope that next week turns out all right....
Old 05-09-2006, 09:09 AM
buffyannAlex

I haven't seen the promo for next week, could you please tell me what it showed ?is it bad ?

Old 05-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Addicted Fan

I have to say, I wasn't very impressed with this episode. It left me disappointed, unlike the last two which I thought were pretty good.

I kind of like the Reid storyline; I feel really bad for him and loved the impact his suicide attempt had on Ephram and Bright.

The Nina/Jake/Andy stuff was so boring I actually fastforwarded through it. Just doesn't interest me.

Bright thinking mainly about himself this week really irritated me, but his scenes with Harold were good. Even Hannah I had trouble feeling bad for, for whatever reason. I was expecting their fallout to be better than what we got, I suppose.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just got finished watching the episode. I found this episode to be average. Nothing special but not absolutely horrendous, either.

Andy/Nina/Jake: I'm frustrated. Really, really frustrated. This triangle is ridiculous and just plain draining. The Andy/Nina interaction was pretty good although I'm still wondering how the "checking for lice" bit would have caused them to feel a bit heated but whatever. Either way, I very much see and feel the chemistry between them which is where my annoyance comes out in full force. WHY aren't they together again? Oh yeah, got it, for whatever reason, instead, we are constantly being dragged into having to endure the very obvious trainwreck known as Jake/Nina. It might be because I never completely warmed up to Jake or that I think Scott/Stephanie have very little chemistry (probably a little of both) but I certainly cannot stand seeing any of the Jake/Nina interaction. At all. But I do believe the main reason why I cannot stand this pairing is because they were never truly given a shot since day 1. They just weren't. You always knew they were the "transitional relationship" for Nina and the eventual Andy/Nina romance. So why invest anything for that reason or even more than that, whenever the story is basically telling you not to? And it keeps telling you this over, and over, and over again in neverending fashion. Enough already! Move away from it, Rina! And hey, if you want to delay Andy/Nina and continue to torture most of the fans, fine, but at least drop Jake/Nina because it's excrutiating! What bothers me the most is that you can tell this triangle is set up to go straight from Jake/Nina right to Andy/Nina and that annoys me, big time. I don't want the reason why Nina is with Andy is because she isn't with Jake. I want the reason well known that Nina is with Andy solely because she is in love with Andy, only wants to be with Andy and it has nothing to do with Jake. As is, it seems is if Rina is going to milk this bogus triangle for all it's worth and just have Nina slide from one guy to the next. Horrendous. How about letting Nina be single for like, two seconds, and let her think, really think about who and what she wants? In real life, it does happen... Women are able to be without a guy for longer than two seconds and they certainly survive.

Anyway, this triangle very much annoys me. I want it over with already.

Bright/Hannah: In all true honesty, I wasn't feeling anything from either Bright or Hannah in this episode. It was disappointing actually. I thought that pillow scene was just, well, off, and Bright and his tactics to win Hannah back were just lame. Eh. Not much else to say about them...

Bright: I have to be honest here again, but I didn't really like either Chris Pratt's acting and/or the writing during the part where Bright reacted or shall I say, "overreacted" to Reid's suicide. That sort of left me expressionless, wondering what on earth that was all about. It seemed way out in left field to me. I get that it was a convenient way to have Bright exit so E/A could be alone but I'm not even talking about that. The words Bright uttered and how they were delivered just seemed off to me.

Bright/Harold: I enjoyed their scenes and especially the last one as it did seem to sort of "tie up" their entire history and finally get them to a place where they can let go of the past and embrace the future but it did seem a bit rushed. However, given the uncertainty of the shows future, I guess that last scene was necessary if they wanted to attempt to heal some things between them even if maybe it could have been constructed a bit differently.

Reid/Ephram/Reid's mother: I loved the scene where Ephram finds Reid. Greg was wonderful as always. The scenes between Ephram and Reid's mother were very well done. Greg was so outstanding with Ephram's reactions while his mother was talking. Such great stuff. And especially this part:

Reid's mother: What do mom's do, they send care packages..
Ephram (hesitates): I, I wouldn't know.

Julia is wonderfully inserted in another episode. That was nice to see and one of those extra special additions that only a show like Everwood could ever pull off and do it oh so beautifully.

Greg's delivery and expressions were dead on perfect.

Ephram: Ephram really impressed me and I was so proud of his selfless gestures to Reid and Kyle. I just love this guy. Caring to the bone. And again, Greg Smith is amazing. How this guy isn't recognized more is beyond me. How is this possible? Instead, much less talented young actors are all over the media.. Ridiculous. Same scenario with Emily VanCamp as well. She is phenomenal and yet, not recognized like she should be while WAY less talented actresses cover the media spotlight. So interesting how that works. At least we know better. We have been blessed with these two, in my mind, best young actors on the small screen for the last several years and hopefully more years to come.

Amy: I think everyone is going to know what I'm going to say. Not enough of her. At all. I adored the E/A scenes but if the truth be told, I keep up with spoilers and there were some Amy scenes cut from the episode. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Ephram/Amy: Both of their scenes were fantastic. Their goodbye at the end MADE this episode for me. It moved me like no other scene but that usually happens to me with E/A and their scenes. But man, this one was just great. Signaling to call each other, Ephram's flirty, cute smile and Amy laughing back, gazing at him, definitely looking at him through eyes of love.. Such an amazing scene.

Their first scene was really good as well. I appreciated how Ephram told Amy about telling Reid to back off. That was nicely inserted in there and Amy's reaction was perfect as well. Well done. Again, I love how you can see them gradually getting closer and closer. Their eventual reunion is not only inevitable, but it's a reality and you can see and feel it pouring over everywhere. Good deal.

As usual, E/A were the best part of the episode for me. Nothing else can compare.

Delia: Hey, she was finally on the screen again and not shoved in the closet that Rina formally had her in. Excellent. I just love Vivien Cardone. How great of an actress is she? Why are they not utilizing her talent? It's really a shame.

Andy/Delia: That popcorn scene was a nice touch. It reminded me of watching TV (translates to watching sports) like that with my Dad whenever I was younger.

Overall, an average episode.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-09-2006 at 12:24 PM
Old 05-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Alexandra, I am leaving for home shortly and once I get there, I can tell you exactly what is in the promo. Give me about 30 mn and I will translate it for you.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:43 AM
buffyannAlex

Michelle> I read your post and Oh my god, you read my mind, that's almost word for word what I said about the episode on another forum
Bottom line, I totally agree.

Andy/Nina : we all know checking hair lice turns people on....

Bright: I can even watch him anymore, his writing is such a mess, The Bright I knew and loved doesn't exists anymore...

Hannah : let's just say ....well, lets just say nothing about her, I don't even care.

Reid : well, it clearly could have been better. It could have been emotionnal and amazing but it was just average. The fact that Reid, barely awake and just recovoring from whatever treatment he's been subjected to, is able to formulate a rationnal analysis of his behaviour was weird. I expected him to react more emotionnaly, trying to deal with what he's done.... I don't knwo, it didn't felt right.

Ephram : Amazing as always, the "I wouldn't knwo" was perfect, I really saw the lack of a mother in Ephram's life when I heard him.
I love the guy, he's so amazing.

Ephram/Amy : Nice, people. it could have been better but I loved that they're growing closer and closer. I love them. The scene at the bus stop was a little weird, I mean, Childish weird but It was kinda cute...

I have no idea what the promo showed, I can't wait to hear about it, thanks

Last edited by buffyannAlex; 05-09-2006 at 12:11 PM

Old 05-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

I really didn't like how they handled Bright's storyline. Harold and Rose didn't even seem to care very much. I'm sorry, but if either of my brothers did that to a girl they cared for... my parents would tear them apart. Instead, Harold is saying he's jealous of Bright. Hmm.

I am happy that Hannah isn't forgiving him though, as much as I like Bright.

I must say, Andy/Ephram scenes are my favorite. Ephram's "I know you go through withdrawls but you'll be ok" line made me laugh

And why aren't Ephram and Amy together again??!! My god. They are sooo into each other, it's crazy.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex
Michelle> I read your post and Oh my god, you read my mind, that's almost word for word what I said about the episode on another forum
Bottom line, I totally agree.
That's outstanding.

I think I know exactly what forum you are talking about because I was just there. Heh. A PM is coming to you shortly.

Quote:
Andy/Nina : we all know checking hair lice turns people on....
Oh God, I know! Wasn't that just strange? I couldn't believe that! Talk about "off." I was glad to see some sexual tension but pleassssee! That particular moment was not appropriate or realistic.

Quote:
Bright: I can even watch him anymore, his writing is such a mess, The Bright I knew and loved doesn't exists anymore...
*sigh*

I hear you loud and clear.

Quote:
Reid : well, it clearly could have been better. It could have been emotionnal and amazing but it was just average. The fact that Reid, barely awake and just recovoring from whatever treatment he's been subjected to, is able to formulate a rationnal analysis of his behaviour was weird. I expected him to react more emotionnaly, trying to deal with what he's done.... I don't knwo, it didn't felt right.
Yep. So totally with you. In fact, I actually have read many case studies on this and absolutely, the behavior you are describing is certainly on course with how one acts after such a major, intense, emotional ordeal. Your mind simply does not "snap out of it" like that so quickly. No way.

Quote:
I have no idea what the promo showed, I can't wait to hear about it, thanks
You're welcome.

OK.. Here goes! I suck at doing this... LOL

Quote:
PROMO
Announcer: NEXT MONDAY ON THE WB
(Hannah is kissing some unknown guy)
Hannah to Bright: I really need to move on with my life, without you.
Announcer: THESE ARE THE MOMENTS THAT WILL CHANGE THEIR LIVES
(Andy/Nina are hugging)
Jake to Nina: I want you to move to Los Angeles with me.
(Shows Bright hitting a ball, fiercely crashing through an enormous glass window, blood on his face, his head pounding to the ground)
Announcer: ONLY THREE EPISODES LEFT UNTIL THE SHOCKING SEASON FINALE
Amy: Oh my God, Bright!
Ephram: Somebody call 911!
(Amy is crying while Hannah is holding her)
Announcer: FRESH EVERWOOD NEXT WEEK ON THE WB MONDAY
Hope this helps!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:53 PM
buffyannAlex

Thanks so much for the promo description. It seems the misleading promo bastards are back to mess with our heads and the timeline....
But that's good they're promoting the show with a little more than just Hannah...

Closed Thread   Post New Thread