Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2006, 03:29 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 139,865
Episode Discussion #413: An Ounce of Prevention

Quote:
An Ounce OF Prevention

Monday, Apr 10 9/8c

Ephram (Gregory Smith) talks Kyle (guest star Steven R. McQueen) into accepting the invitation of a pretty classmate to go to a school dance, but when Kyle has a terrible evening, Ephram finally faces his suspicions that Kyle may be gay. Feeling that he has made things worse for Kyle, Ephram turns to Amy (Emily VanCamp) and Andy (Treat Williams) for advice. Ellie (guest star Brooke Nevin), an 18-year-old girl with a family history of breast cancer, asks Andy to perform a preventative mastectomy, and Harold (Tom Amandes) is appalled at Andy's decision. In an attempt to put the excitement back in her relationship with Bright (Chris Pratt), Hannah (Sarah Drew) throws a Hawaiian luau for two. Vivien Cardone and Merrilyn Gann also star.
Bryan M. Holdman wrote the episode directed by Perry Lang.
I'm putting this up, obviously, after the episode aired. But if any of you want to talk about this episode, please go ahead and do so.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:07 PM
  #2
Fan Forum Hero

 
fulfilledღ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 93,214
aww, so cute for Hannah to be bold and throw a luau for her a Bright.

And Ephram is going to Andy for advice? I like that
__________________
I Love You
I Want To Spend The Rest of My Life With You
Trace & Abby
patricia
fulfilledღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:18 AM
  #3
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 50,677
Patricia, what do you think to the interaction of Ephram and Kyle this episode?
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:12 AM
  #4
Master Fan

 
'Tos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 20,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Patricia, what do you think to the interaction of Ephram and Kyle this episode?
Not to speak for Patricia, but I haven't gotten to send the episodes yet (bad 'Tos, bad!) so I don't think she has seen it yet, unless she's managed to get the episodes another way.
__________________
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:02 PM
  #5
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 50,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Not to speak for Patricia, but I haven't gotten to send the episodes yet (bad 'Tos, bad!) so I don't think she has seen it yet, unless she's managed to get the episodes another way.
Oh, I guess I misunderstood. I thought that since you commented on the episode...you watched it, Patricia.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:36 PM
  #6
Fan Forum Hero

 
fulfilledღ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 93,214
oh no no, Betty. You have every intent to think I've seen the episodes already. I was just replying to threads to get posts up and I was bored I have seen a couple, maybe one, clip of Kyle and Ephram. So I do know Kyle's arc, to a point. And from that, I think Ephram is going to change a lot from knowing Kyle. Knowing again, what's it's like to be on the other side looking in.
__________________
I Love You
I Want To Spend The Rest of My Life With You
Trace & Abby
patricia
fulfilledღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:46 PM
  #7
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 50,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
So I do know Kyle's arc, to a point. And from that, I think Ephram is going to change a lot from knowing Kyle. Knowing again, what's it's like to be on the other side looking in.
Yes, I think you're going to really enjoy the Kyle/Ephram dynamic. I love the changes that happen to Ephram because of it.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:35 PM
  #8
Fan Forum Hero

 
fulfilledღ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 93,214
I'm just fascinated by the people put in Ephram's life that shape him into a different person.

Because in Season 1 it didn't seem like Ephram could be shaped into anything.
__________________
I Love You
I Want To Spend The Rest of My Life With You
Trace & Abby
patricia
fulfilledღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:23 AM
  #9
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 50,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
:
Because in Season 1 it didn't seem like Ephram could be shaped into anything.
His shape was good enough for me season 1. but yes, many factors came along in ensuing seasons that added to Ephram's character and maturity.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 PM
  #10
Master Fan

 
'Tos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 20,790
S4 is easily the best Ephram has ever been, overall, so thank goodness for Kyle and...other things that happen. If Ephram was the same as he was at the end of S3, I think we all would have wanted to strangle him. Again.
__________________
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
  #11
Fan Forum Hero

 
fulfilledღ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 93,214
i agreed with Ephram to a point. He never tried to see Andy's way of things until he was forced to.
__________________
I Love You
I Want To Spend The Rest of My Life With You
Trace & Abby
patricia
fulfilledღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:45 AM
  #12
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 134,906
I can't stand Andy's patients getting mad at him for being a frickin doctor and doing his job. He had a right to tell the girl about her options. Ultimately it is the patients life and decision.

Bright and Hannah were annoying as HELL in this episode. I cant tolerate their stupid relationship problems. This is why I didnt like them back in the day, they were just boring/annoyng to me as a pairing. Meh.

Andy's comments about Kyle being too young to be gay and how he hasn't kissed a girl yet etc, were so insensitive and stupid. I am glad that Reid was there to tell him that (in so many words). I am not sure what Ephram's problem was and why he was so offended at the idea that Kyle might be gay. (I guess they explained it in the episode that he just didnt want Kyle to have another thing to have to deal with) I did find the comment about when "reid" was gay and Reid was like "what?" that was pretty funny.

"I'm from New York, I voted for Kerry."



With all of that said, it was kind of annoying Ephram was talking to Amy about him being gay when he didnt know for sure that he was? (yes later in the episode kyle confirmed but right away he didnt know that) I mean, Just because he doesnt like a girl? Maybe he is asexual or maybe he was abused or something. IDK, how the whole thing came about was a bit odd, but whatever.

I do love this Kyle storyline a lot though. Poor Kyle. It explains a lot about his personality and his anger and why he is so stand offish with people. And it gives Ephram a new perspective on his relationship with Andy which is just lovely. The ending scene with Ephram crashing at home again was just so cute. When Ephram was like "then you had to lose me" and Andy said "but i didnt." was SO FREAKING CUTEEEEEEE.

Part of me wishes the show had a 5th seasons so maybe Kyle could have stuck around and we could have seen him in a new relationship. That would have been cute.

It was nice to get a break from Nina and Jake this episode.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:58 AM
  #13
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 139,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I can't stand Andy's patients getting mad at him for being a frickin doctor and doing his job. He had a right to tell the girl about her options. Ultimately it is the patients life and decision.
So true. It was really annoying. Andy had every right to tell the girl about her options.

Quote:
Bright and Hannah were annoying as HELL in this episode. I cant tolerate their stupid relationship problems. This is why I didnt like them back in the day, they were just boring/annoyng to me as a pairing. Meh.
Completely agree. I never liked them when they got together. When I realized they were probably hanging around for a while I tried very hard to like the pairing. I ended up being indifferent to even mildly liking them at times. But then I realized I was trying way too hard to get to this point. Overall, I just never connected with this pairing and I really attempted to get there. I just couldn’t.

Quote:
Andy's comments about Kyle being too young to be gay and how he hasn't kissed a girl yet etc, were so insensitive and stupid. I am glad that Reid was there to tell him that (in so many words).
Quote:
I am not sure what Ephram's problem was and why he was so offended at the idea that Kyle might be gay. (I guess they explained it in the episode that he just didnt want Kyle to have another thing to have to deal with) I did find the comment about when "reid" was gay and Reid was like "what?" that was pretty funny.
Ephram’s response was weird but it is like you said... he didn’t want Kyle to have more to deal with.

Quote:
"I'm from New York, I voted for Kerry."

That was awesome.

Quote:
With all of that said, it was kind of annoying Ephram was talking to Amy about him being gay when he didnt know for sure that he was? (yes later in the episode kyle confirmed but right away he didnt know that) I mean, Just because he doesnt like a girl? Maybe he is asexual or maybe he was abused or something. IDK, how the whole thing came about was a bit odd, but whatever.
It was really weird, especially because Ephram is from New York. One of the best things about New Yorkers is how chill they are about something as natural as sexuality. Ephram acted like he was dealing with something almost foreign to him which was strange.

Quote:
I do love this Kyle storyline a lot though. Poor Kyle. It explains a lot about his personality and his anger and why he is so stand offish with people. And it gives Ephram a new perspective on his relationship with Andy which is just lovely. The ending scene with Ephram crashing at home again was just so cute. When Ephram was like "then you had to lose me" and Andy said "but i didnt." was SO FREAKING CUTEEEEEEE.

Part of me wishes the show had a 5th seasons so maybe Kyle could have stuck around and we could have seen him in a new relationship. That would have been cute.
I definitely feel like we would’ve received more Kyle storyline had a season 5 taken place. Just another annoying example of how we got ripped off and deserved more Everwood.

The Andy/Ephram scene was full of beauty.

Quote:
It was nice to get a break from Nina and Jake this episode.
So true!

Last edited by Auror; 04-23-2018 at 02:36 PM
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:47 PM
  #14
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 134,906
I said Andy but I meant Ephram. I was surprised to see Ephram make those comments because he never struck me as that naive.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:34 PM
  #15
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 139,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I said Andy but I meant Ephram. I was surprised to see Ephram make those comments because he never struck me as that naive.
LOL Right! Completely agree. Between this and some of Ephram’s moments at the end of season 3 the writing was a little off.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST