Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2017, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion #405: "Connect Four"

Connect Four

On a camping trip with Andy and Harold, Ephram reveals the true reason he returned to Everwood and Bright contemplates a sex-free relationship with Hannah after she tells him that she doesn't believe in pre-marital sex. Meanwhile, Amy grows even more emotionally confused when Reid asks her to go with him to a Halloween fundraiser, Jake and Edna's working relationship is put to the test when Edna questions his work ethic and Ephram learns more about his mysterious piano student, Kyle.

Link

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 11-25-2017 at 07:31 PM
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks so much, Betty.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for opening!

Oh man Kyle reminds me of some of the kids I teach, that just think they know everything. But seriously 16 minutes into the episode and we had like one Ephram scene. Did Greg ask for reduced screen time or something?

Amy obsessing over Reed, meh. Not about it. I don't hate them but I find this SL boring. He invited her and then didn't even hang out with her? So annoying. Then he randomly just kisses her? WTF. Especially after trying to hook up with someone else. Not into that at all!

It sucks that Bright cant have sex when he's been having it for so long but if you really love someone you can give it up. Its not that huge of a deal, imo. Though waiting for marriage is a long time. Ephram was right when he said that he cant go back and change who he is and what he's done just like she cant and wont change. So maybe they just wont work tougher. But I do have to say, he didnt try very long to wait it out. I was glad at the end he decided against breaking up with her because he needs to at least give it a chance.

I did enjoy the Andy/Harold moments. Of course. Also loved the Andy and Ephram moment where Ephram pretended to get upset but then they had a real conversation and Ephram admitted he still loved Amy and that he let his issues with his father ruin what they had. Glad he owned up to that.

Jake telling Edna to sit down and shut up was really harsh and too far imo. But I do think he has a point that he can take whatever patients he wants. If Edna doesn't like it then she can leave. As an employee she needs to do her job.

This episode wasn't that amazing to me though, a bit fillery.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Thanks for opening!

Oh man Kyle reminds me of some of the kids I teach, that just think they know everything. But seriously 16 minutes into the episode and we had like one Ephram scene. Did Greg ask for reduced screen time or something?

Amy obsessing over Reed, meh. Not about it. I don't hate them but I find this SL boring. He invited her and then didn't even hang out with her? So annoying. Then he randomly just kisses her? WTF. Especially after trying to hook up with someone else. Not into that at all!

It sucks that Bright cant have sex when he's been having it for so long but if you really love someone you can give it up. Its not that huge of a deal, imo. Though waiting for marriage is a long time. Ephram was right when he said that he cant go back and change who he is and what he's done just like she cant and wont change. So maybe they just wont work tougher. But I do have to say, he didnt try very long to wait it out. I was glad at the end he decided against breaking up with her because he needs to at least give it a chance.

I did enjoy the Andy/Harold moments. Of course. Also loved the Andy and Ephram moment where Ephram pretended to get upset but then they had a real conversation and Ephram admitted he still loved Amy and that he let his issues with his father ruin what they had. Glad he owned up to that.

Jake telling Edna to sit down and shut up was really harsh and too far imo. But I do think he has a point that he can take whatever patients he wants. If Edna doesn't like it then she can leave. As an employee she needs to do her job.

The reduced screen time was very weird. I don’t believe Greg asked for this. The Europe storyline might have been the reason. The point could have been making Ephram slightly estranged from his loved ones. I’m not sure but it was weird because I’m almost positive Greg didn’t ask for it. I know Greg loves to direct and wasn’t sure when he started directing. I just checked the end of season three, beginning of season four episodes to see if he directed any (which might have reduced his screen time) and that’s a negative too. So it’s a mystery for sure.

I completely agree with the sex aspect with Bright. I know not everyone agrees with us. This topic has been discussed before. I am in line with your thoughts. I also believe if you love someone you can wait. It’s not like Bright didn’t realize Hannah’s values. Ephram’s advice was spot on.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're both very welcome!!

I agree that Greg having little airtime was upsetting. I couldn't get enough of him.

Quote:
I completely agree with the sex aspect with Bright. I know not everyone agrees with us. This topic has been discussed before. I am in line with your thoughts. I also believe if you love someone you can wait. It’s not like Bright didn’t realize Hannah’s values. Ephram’s advice was spot on.
Quote:

This is all true...Bright did need to give the relationship more time. But..on the other hand...he knew himself and wanted to be honest about how he felt and didn't want to prolong a relationship that he didn't believe (at the time) would work.

Quote:

There was alot of fluff...especially the Reid stuff, but I thought the campfire scene between Ephram and Andy was wonderful and I also enjoyed Bright finally speaking his mind and standing up to Harold.

ETA: Alexa, what do you teach?

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 01-09-2018 at 03:12 PM
Old 01-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
This is all true...Bright did need to give the relationship more time. But..on the other hand...he knew himself and wanted to be honest about how he felt and didn't want to prolong a relationship that he didn't believe (at the time) would work.
The irony is we know how the story unfolds... when Hannah breaks up over the cheating, Bright wants her back immediately. He wants nothing more than to reunite knowing if it happened, sex before marriage was not happening. Thus, it seems in the end he was actually willing to wait if you think about it. I am sure if a reunion happened (it kind of appeared to be the case in the series finale) they would have married sooner rather than later (to get around the sex before marriage) but be sure sex before marriage wouldn't have happened. Hannah wasn't changing her beliefs and Bright understood as much yet still was on board reuniting.

Quote:
There was alot of fluff...especially the Reid stuff, but I thought the campfire scene between Ephram and Andy was wonderful and I also enjoyed Bright finally speaking his mind and standing up to Harold.
You could tell they wanted to cover the parent/child dynamics in the final season which was great. Fluff included Reid and Stephanie. Could have deleted those two and it would have been better.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 01-09-2018 at 03:12 PM
Old 01-11-2018, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Alexa, what do you teach?
Well I am a dance teacher and a dance coach.

So I coach a highschool dance team, a middle school dance team, and then i teach kids that range from 3 years old all the way up to highschool.

The high schoolers especially think they know everything.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well I am a dance teacher and a dance coach.

So I coach a highschool dance team, a middle school dance team, and then i teach kids that range from 3 years old all the way up to highschool.

The high schoolers especially think they know everything.
Wow....you definitely know the entire spectrum of kids! High Schoolers definitely believe they know everything. I know that from my own kids.
I taught in Middle School and they kind of think they know it all as well. Especially 8th graders.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah they can be brats!

Between middle school and highschool I am not sure which is worse.

The 5th grade boys are really tough too, they just do not listen. I've had the most problems with them over the years to be honest.

At least high schoolers will mostly show you respect if you ask them. But I found they cant help themselves to try to give their input on anything and everything and its pretty obvious when they are not happy with a decision you make.

Middle schoolers tend to still think you are "cool" in some form but can be a bit out of control and loud. But they still take you seriously when you are strict with them.

I love the younger kids. 3 years through about 4th grade are all really sweet and listen etc.

The parents can be the worst. Some parents just think their kids are entitled to everything and they blow things way out of proportion if their kid goes home and lies about something that happened.

Like, one kid went home and told his mom that I said I didnt like him and wouldnt let him dance during class etc. Which never happened. I told him he wasnt allowed to do tricks (like tumbling and cartwheels etc) during class unless we had a mat out. (For safety reasons). I also never said I didnt like him, I said to him "I know you think I don't like you because I am always telling you to listen but you need to respect the class and be quiet when I am speaking." or something to that effect. The mom went behind my back and instead of trying to talk to me about the situation emailed my boss with a huge rant. It was a big mess and so annoying.

And parents on the dance team are CONSTANTLY messaging my head coach asking why their daughter isn't part of a specific part in the dance, why they dont get a solo eTC. Its like, come on people. Let me do my job and make the decisions that are best for the team. Parents these days think their children are entitled to everything, it drives me insane.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The parents can be the worst. Some parents just think their kids are entitled to everything and they blow things way out of proportion if their kid goes home and lies about something that happened.

Like, one kid went home and told his mom that I said I didnt like him and wouldnt let him dance during class etc. Which never happened. I told him he wasnt allowed to do tricks (like tumbling and cartwheels etc) during class unless we had a mat out. (For safety reasons). I also never said I didnt like him, I said to him "I know you think I don't like you because I am always telling you to listen but you need to respect the class and be quiet when I am speaking." or something to that effect. The mom went behind my back and instead of trying to talk to me about the situation emailed my boss with a huge rant. It was a big mess and so annoying.

You are absolutely right about parents being the worst (not all..but many!) They immediately take the word of their kid thinking their child can do no wrong and it must have been the teacher's fault!
Reply   Post New Thread