Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Patricia, 'Tos....you two are becoming really loopy with this episodes. I'm confused.
No wonder. My fault! I meant "Goodbye, Love". I have no idea how my hands thought I meant "Episode 20", they're VERY different episodes! Heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was wondering. I knew I saw Episode 20 because it was around the time that we found out what kind of a sleezeball Carl was.

Goodbye Love is like episode 4x20 I think?

My loopyness is dedicated to the fact that I've watched the episodes too fast and not seeing all of them
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

4x20, right. Maybe that's why I thought Episode 20?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 10-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's just so much Everwood awesomeness, it's easy to get confused
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-24-2017, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Harold in the bathroom asking God for help with Rose was such a touching and emotional scene. I really loved that moment. I have just grown to love Harold so much, he’s definitely one of my favorite characters on the show.

Him lashing out at Andy was uncalled for and harsh but I think its forgivable because he’s going through a really rough time. I cheered when they said Rose was awake!

Topher was a nice guy but Hannah was right to break things off with him if she wasn’t feeling it.

I really liked seeing Amy discover that Bright had feelings for Hannah. That was a funny/cute moment. I do like seeing Bright all vulnerable. I don’t remember it taking the entire season for them to kiss, so I understand why people really liked them. They had more build up then I originally thought. Their first kiss was pretty cute but I did sort of find the scene cheesey. They are cute I guess but I just dont feel the same passion there that I do for E/A.

I didn’t miss Ephram an immense amount, it around probably 20 minutes in that I started to notice his absence.

I agree with Michelle’s earlier post that the lack of EA in the finale was frustrating. I realize that Greg wasn’t there but to not even get a mention of him or a phone call or her looking at a photo etc, was definitely weird considering it was the finale.

I really loved Nina confiding in Andy about Jake moving in with her and her reaction to his news about potentially moving to Chicago.

YAY AT ANDY TELLING NINA HE LOVED HER. Why couldn’t she have just broken up with Jake there? ugh lol. But its a tough situation with Jake about to move in.

I am really looking forward to rewatching season 4 as I remember very little about it and I cant wait to see what is in store for EA and also Nina/Andy.

eta:

I think I forgot to do this for season 2 so I will just combine answers. Not much has changed I dont think anyway!

Favorite/Least Favorite Character
In season 2 I think Amy was probably my favorite, even though she had a lot going on. I just found her storyline really interesting. For Season 3 I would probably go with Harold to be honest. I have just grown to love him so much.
Least favorite in season 2 was Madison, obviously. Just too much of her and she was not a sympathetic character to me. In season 3 I would have to say Amanda. She wasn't horrible but I just hated that storyline with Andy.

Favorite/Least Favorite Couple
Favorite was E/A of course. For both seasons. I just feel a connection to those two that I don't feel for anyone else. But I also enjoyed watching Bright/Hannah in season 3 and of course Nina/Andy.
Least favorite was Madison/Ephram hands down. But I also didnt like Amy/Tommy. And tbh I am not the biggest Jake/Nina fan even though they haven't been bad in seasons 2/3 I just know later on I will start to get irritated.

Fav/Least fav friendships
Andy/Nina always. Bright/Ephram still. Andy/Harold. My view on the friendships never changes really. Bright/Amy was a nice addition in season 3. Bright/Hannah too before they were romantic.
I don't really have a least favorite but I don't really care for the Jake/Andy forced friendship because it doesnt add anything to the show imo.

Favourite/least fav Storyline Arc:
Favorite in the last two seasons were obviously Ephram/Amy getting together. I also am enjoying the Rose storyline and the impact it gives, even if its sad to watch. Bright/Hannah were somewhat interesting.
Least favorite was obviously the Madison storyline and the fallout of that, and Ephram acting all strange and emo afterwards. I also hated the andy/amanda storyline. it dragged too long.

Favourite/Least fav Episode
Favorites from season 2: 208, 211, 213, 220
Least favorites: 203, 207, 210
Favorites from season 3: 301, 302, 307, 315
Least favorites: 305? 306, 308, 319 but honestly I really enjoyed most of the episodes this season.

Most shocking moment? Saddest moment?
I'm not sure. The whole Madison pregnancy. Also Rose's cancer.

What were you disappointed with? what would you change/have done differently?
The madison SL lingering for as long as it did. I wish she had gotten an abortion or something and resolved that storyline in season 2. I also didnt enjoy the andy/amanda thing.

What storyline/relationship/character/etc. would you have liked more development for?
Delia for sure, she has gotten barely any focus and I sometimes forget she is even on the show!

What do you want to see happen next season?
Had I not known what was going to happen I would have said more E/A interaction and a resolution to the madison storyline that is satisfying for Ephram. Maybe he meets his son. Andy/Nina getting together finally. Rose getting past her cancer.

How would you rank the season/Compare it to previous seasons?
I think all seasons of the show are great, but i enjoyed season 3 to season 2 actually because of the madison stuff and amy's depression storyline sort of dragged season 2 a bit. i loved seeing e/a together in season 3.
Season 1- 10/10
Season 2 - 8/10
Season 3 - 8.5/10

Last edited by Alexa; 11-24-2017 at 10:53 PM
Old 11-25-2017, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Harold in the bathroom asking God for help with Rose was such a touching and emotional scene. I really loved that moment. I have just grown to love Harold so much, he’s definitely one of my favorite characters on the show.

Him lashing out at Andy was uncalled for and harsh but I think its forgivable because he’s going through a really rough time. I cheered when they said Rose was awake!
That scene brought tears in my eyes.

Totally agree about Harold. He really gets awesome in season 3.

Quote:
Topher was a nice guy but Hannah was right to break things off with him if she wasn’t feeling it.
On paper it seems like they had a chance of working out but the heart wants what it wants... Hannah wasn't feeling it. Time to move on.

Quote:
I really liked seeing Amy discover that Bright had feelings for Hannah. That was a funny/cute moment. I do like seeing Bright all vulnerable. I don’t remember it taking the entire season for them to kiss, so I understand why people really liked them. They had more build up then I originally thought. Their first kiss was pretty cute but I did sort of find the scene cheesey. They are cute I guess but I just dont feel the same passion there that I do for E/A.
I love that Amy wasn't totally consumed by her pain over Ephram and the break up. It showed tons of growth on Amy's part. She was so consumed by the Colin situation in season 1 and rightfully so given how serious and intense it was. She was also much younger back then too. She is older now and has shown great maturity after dealing with the pain over the break up and how Ephram has been treating her. She could still be there for her friend, Hannah and her brother, even cheering them on. That was really nice.

I feel the same about Bright/Hannah and Ephram/Amy. I liked aspects of Bright/Hannah but they don't compare to the shipping passion I feel for Ephram/Amy.

Quote:
I didn’t miss Ephram an immense amount, it around probably 20 minutes in that I started to notice his absence.
LOL! I was like that too. I think part of it is Ephram was such a downer and so many people were hurt and upset over his behavior... Andy, Delia, and Amy especially... it's kind of a relief that we don't have to deal with the pain and tension now.

Quote:
I agree with Michelle’s earlier post that the lack of EA in the finale was frustrating. I realize that Greg wasn’t there but to not even get a mention of him or a phone call or her looking at a photo etc, was definitely weird considering it was the finale.
Yes, it was weird we didn't get anything. We all knew things would work on in season 4 even if we didn't sincerely miss the tension Ephram provided in the episodes leading up to this one. It still would have been nice seeing some sort of moment bringing it back to Ephram/Amy a bit.

Quote:
I really loved Nina confiding in Andy about Jake moving in with her and her reaction to his news about potentially moving to Chicago.
Me too!

Quote:
YAY AT ANDY TELLING NINA HE LOVED HER. Why couldn’t she have just broken up with Jake there? ugh lol. But its a tough situation with Jake about to move in.
Exactly how I felt too! I wanted Andy and Nina immediately together after Andy finally told Nina he loved her! We've been waiting for this moment for years and it finally happens... but we still need to wait a little longer. Was good but sucked at the same time.

Quote:
I am really looking forward to rewatching season 4 as I remember very little about it and I cant wait to see what is in store for EA and also Nina/Andy.
I love that the original pairings of EA and AN, the two pairings we knew way back in season 1 would end up together are on the right path to finally getting there at the start of season 4. Both pairings are in difficult situations at the end of season 3 but the writing is so strong, we just knew they would find their way back in season 4.

Quote:
eta:

I think I forgot to do this for season 2 so I will just combine answers. Not much has changed I dont think anyway!

Favorite/Least Favorite Character
In season 2 I think Amy was probably my favorite, even though she had a lot going on. I just found her storyline really interesting. For Season 3 I would probably go with Harold to be honest. I have just grown to love him so much.
Least favorite in season 2 was Madison, obviously. Just too much of her and she was not a sympathetic character to me. In season 3 I would have to say Amanda. She wasn't horrible but I just hated that storyline with Andy.

Favorite/Least Favorite Couple
Favorite was E/A of course. For both seasons. I just feel a connection to those two that I don't feel for anyone else. But I also enjoyed watching Bright/Hannah in season 3 and of course Nina/Andy.
Least favorite was Madison/Ephram hands down. But I also didnt like Amy/Tommy. And tbh I am not the biggest Jake/Nina fan even though they haven't been bad in seasons 2/3 I just know later on I will start to get irritated.

Fav/Least fav friendships
Andy/Nina always. Bright/Ephram still. Andy/Harold. My view on the friendships never changes really. Bright/Amy was a nice addition in season 3. Bright/Hannah too before they were romantic.
I don't really have a least favorite but I don't really care for the Jake/Andy forced friendship because it doesnt add anything to the show imo.

Favourite/least fav Storyline Arc:
Favorite in the last two seasons were obviously Ephram/Amy getting together. I also am enjoying the Rose storyline and the impact it gives, even if its sad to watch. Bright/Hannah were somewhat interesting.
Least favorite was obviously the Madison storyline and the fallout of that, and Ephram acting all strange and emo afterwards. I also hated the andy/amanda storyline. it dragged too long.

Favourite/Least fav Episode
Favorites from season 2: 208, 211, 213, 220
Least favorites: 203, 207, 210
Favorites from season 3: 301, 302, 307, 315
Least favorites: 305? 306, 308, 319 but honestly I really enjoyed most of the episodes this season.

Most shocking moment? Saddest moment?
I'm not sure. The whole Madison pregnancy. Also Rose's cancer.

What were you disappointed with? what would you change/have done differently?
The madison SL lingering for as long as it did. I wish she had gotten an abortion or something and resolved that storyline in season 2. I also didnt enjoy the andy/amanda thing.

What storyline/relationship/character/etc. would you have liked more development for?
Delia for sure, she has gotten barely any focus and I sometimes forget she is even on the show!

What do you want to see happen next season?
Had I not known what was going to happen I would have said more E/A interaction and a resolution to the madison storyline that is satisfying for Ephram. Maybe he meets his son. Andy/Nina getting together finally. Rose getting past her cancer.

How would you rank the season/Compare it to previous seasons?
I think all seasons of the show are great, but i enjoyed season 3 to season 2 actually because of the madison stuff and amy's depression storyline sort of dragged season 2 a bit. i loved seeing e/a together in season 3.
Season 1- 10/10
Season 2 - 8/10
Season 3 - 8.5/10
Love all your answers and thoughts. There's not one thing I disagree with. Completely agree with every word!

Looking forward to your season 4 thoughts.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-25-2017 at 02:35 PM
Old 11-27-2017, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

i meant to say amy/hannah in season 3 btw.

Thanks Michelle! I cant wait to watch! Part of me just wants to binge the whole thing super fast, the other part wants to savor the episodes. UGH.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
i meant to say amy/hannah in season 3 btw.

Thanks Michelle! I cant wait to watch! Part of me just wants to binge the whole thing super fast, the other part wants to savor the episodes. UGH.
I knew what you meant.

Oh I know. I feel that way about season 4 too. For some, season 4 is equal to and even greater in quality than season 1. It's just hitting and sticking on so many levels which makes the CW not picking it up all the more maddening. The show went out on top of its game.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

well its better that it went out on top compared to being bad in the last years and ruining things. like, having a main character leave or someone getting killed off, or things just getting boring. Im actually glad that didnt happen.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That’s true. The show might have still had a lot of life and easily could have lasted another couple of seasons but it wasn’t meant to be. It was on top of its game and Berlanti was able to end the series precisely how he wanted to. We couldn’t have asked for much more.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread