Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Oookkkkaaayyy.....

I guess I'm going to have to go on record as one of the few people who didn't like the episode at all. It was too much of a 'very special Everwood' vibe for me, especially the party that was thrown for Andy. Whether it was a tip of the hat to It's a Wonderful Life or not, it still smacked of an after school special. Plus, I thought Andy was a bit mean to a group of people who had gotten together to show their appreciation for him (The line "You can fax it to me, Justin" comes to mind here).

The lone 'bright' (hehe) spots of the episode involved the Bright/Hannah storyline. I was glad that Bright took the high road and waited for Hannah to break up with Topher before springing his feelings on her. His dad's BFF Andy Brown could learn a thing or two from Bright's discretion there. I did feel a little sorry for Topher because he does seem to be a really nice guy, but I've always thought he was more suited to be Hannah's friend instead of her boyfriend. Plus her kiss with Bright was a million times more electric than all of the Topher/Hannah kisses combined.

Amy didn't have a whole lot to do in the episode, but she made the most of her scenes. I think that her exchange with Haroldin regards to her staying home was one of the best scenes of the entire episode. EVC really good job letting us see a bit of the process behind her decision to stay home and help out her family.

And that was pretty much all that I liked. Andy's big Chicago promotion was a waste of time to me. It only served as an excuse for Harold to make his grand 'you're my best friend' speech and as a reason for the aforementioned 'It's A Wonderful Life' party. I realize that any influence that Andy's dead wife still had in his life died when he made the decision to have an affair with a stroke victim's wife, but you'd think maybe his promise to the 'love of his life' might have entered his head while talking to Delia. Ephram isn't the only kid Andy has, even if he sometimes acts differently. Delia has done nothing but thrive in Everwood (after a few months of season 1 bumps in the road), so how could he think that uprooting her (again) and moving her to Chicago would be in any way good for her?

Another sore spot for me is the whole Andy/Nina/Jake triangle. I realize that Andy/Nina is the realization of a lot of people's hopes. Heck, it used to be the couple I wanted to see get together too. Of course, that was before they assassinated Andy's character this season and made Nina, in my eyes, too good a person for him. Plus, I just don't like how the whole thing shook out. Andy's declaration of love had nothing to do with courage and guts and everything to do with selfishness. He even mentioned it himself. He knew that Nina and Jake were serious months ago, and he knew that he had feelings for her then too. Why didn't he speak up then when the fallout would have been a broken heart for Jake and nothing more? Instead, he waits until Nina has made a big step by asking Jake to move in, Jake has no safety net because he sold his house in LA, and he has basically acquired the diner to help out his girlfriend. And now in steps Andy to throw everything into disarray, not because he wants to see Nina happy but because he wants to have Nina for himself....and I'm supposed to support this why? Because Jake may have some secret painkiller problem? WTF is that anyway? If the writers are so hell bent on having A/N together I'd at least like it to be for the right reasons, namely the fact that Nina's been in love with him for a while. They shouldn't get together because Andy is basically a better choice than a pill popping drug head.

I also don't like the disturbing little trend I'm seeing on Everwood...namely no one gets to be happy for two episodes in a row. We saw it all year long with Ephram and Amy, now they've continued the same trend with Jake and Nina. Just last week we get Jake buying Mama Joy's, selling his LA house, and Nina asking him to move in. Now we get 'angry Jake', some illicit Percocet, and Andy kissing Nina and declaring his love for her...

All in all, I was disappointed. That saddens me because I thought all year long that Everwood was the one show that I could count on not to let me down...and they did. Hopefully next year will be better than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKRO
4) ANDY'S REDEMPTION: Is Andy offically redeemed? Do the kissy poo "please stay" party, his eleven year-old daughter shaming him into expressing his feelings for Nina, his successful surgery on Rose, and the fact that he can joke about his affair with Amanda mean he is redeemed?
My thoughts exactly. Maybe everyone else is ready to forgive Andy for his screw ups, but I'm not yet.

Last edited by The Crow; 05-24-2005 at 03:47 PM
Old 05-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wish...

I could feel like Andy's operating means Rose will come through OK. It's one thing to have a patient die on the table like Colin... especially when Andy admits he decided against heroic measures. It's quite another when a cancer that was so aggressive the chemo didn't shrink it comes back 6-10 months from now (if that happens). It wouldn't be like Andy killed Rose... or even like he didn't save Rose. It'll be like God turned his back on Harold (in Harold's eyes).

It'll be like...
Andy, it was never in your power to save Rose. The question is...
Can you save Harold?

I think if Andy could save Harold from self-destruction, Amy would be happy to have him as a father-in-law {weak smile}.
Aquillea
Old 05-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, Wilpen has posted so now I can (she just opens my mind up and shows me things I never noticed, now I sound like I know what I'm talking about more ) Marry me already. Whoever you end up with is blessed.

Say it with me now: I LOVE ME SOME WILPEN.

Rose: Let's just say YES! She is alive and since Andy did the surgery I don't think she could. It would just be weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
I can see it now.. Andy, father-in-law to "Amy Brown," known for ultimately being responsible for the death of Colin, his daughter-in law's first boyfriend, and Rose Abbott, her very own mother. No way is that going to happen.
Exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself and that would be funny, but not likely. Also, when she gave Andy that short, but loving speech at his party I was tearing up. It was amazing and I loved it. I truly think that was what started the process of Andy leaning towards staying in Everwood.

Ephram: He was so gone. I missed him which was strange because I expected not to. But when he wasn't there it just felt odd and like the show was missing something. And it definatly was, it was missing one of the four major characters. I can't wait to see him back next season.

Amy: Love her. EVC was amazingly brilliant as usual. I wish she had more of a storyline but it didn't seem to fit in the episode. I loved how she pushed Bright and Hannah along. (Mostly Bright though). The look on her face when she found out was priceless and perfect for the situation. When she urged him to comfort her, excellent. The way EVC acted her character out was as I said before perfect. The speech she gave about not going to Princeton was great as well. It was delivered expertly and showed a great deal of why she wasn't going. Did I know she wouldn't go? Of course, but the way they explained it was awesome!

Bright/Hannah: Love them together, they are just so adorable. I loved how Hannah broke up with Topher and then Bright was afraid to tell her how he felt. And when he finally did and they kissed a very 'aww' worthy moment. I just think they are a great couple and have waited for them to get together for so long so yeah!

Nina/Jake: There is defiantly something wrong with Jake and it made me dislike him plenty this episode. For soem reason his emotions keep changing. He has a problem we don't know what it is yet (maybe the painkillers?), but there is definatly one. I just hope Nina's okay.

Andy: The idea of him leaving Everwood for Chicago was pointless. We all knew we wouldn't take the job offer, the show is not called Chicago afterall. That was a stupid way to give him a storyline. I did however love how he told Nina how he felt. And the kiss they shared was amazing. I really want them together. It took them long enough!

Harold: What can I say beside Tom is great? He acted everything Harold was going through out perfectly. The speech to Andy was great and showed her really cares. I could totally buy them being best friends. Him praying in the bathroom stall was so, so sad. I cried like a baby. It was so well done and the emtion was displayed beautifully.

Okay, I'm sure that sounded like I loved the episode, but I was in fact a little dissappointed. I expected more, especially with the season finale. I hated teh cliffhanger, it was bad. I'm not hooked on it. I hope next year Berlanti pays more attention and leads the show back to the way it used to be.

my first and only best friend

lea michele ♥ jon groff
oh my god. love her, love her

Last edited by jediwands; 03-01-2022 at 09:59 AM
Old 05-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Okay, guys, I'm here! Sorry that it has taken me so long to post my thoughts but I watched the finale and crashed pretty quickly, afterwards due to a killer headache. In addition, I also had a loooooong day at work today so I am just getting around to being able to post my thoughts..

First off, I have to say that for me, I did feel the loss of Ephram almost immediately. Then again, I think that's what they wanted to convey and although I'm sure many will feel like Ephram being gone was a good thing due to how he has been acting lately, I, myself, did feel his absence and that made me sad to a certain extent. It felt as if something was missing the entire episode..

Which brings me to Amy.. I predicted a long while ago that I was fearful that Amy's biggest storyline of this episode was going to be about pimping B/H, which I'll get to why I still thought that was all about cool. However, I found myself wanting to see Amy with more of a storyline, herself. But, back to the huge part that she played with getting B/H together.. It was nice to see how she immediately picked up on Bright's affection for Hannah, and her reaction was dead-on, thanks to the amazing EVC, with how she ribbed at her bro to wake up and take the plunge with Hannah.. Absolutely brilliant on Amy's part. B/H shippers should all love Amy for her dedication at being responsible for single-handedly getting the ball rolling between B/H. I honestly feel like if it wasn't for Amy's words to Bright, Bright would have let Hannah leave without admitting his feelings to her. Yep, Amy rocks, big time. Amy's other storyline was her college decision. Was anyone surprised that she was going to defer Princeton for a year? Totally predictable. Like I said, I wanted more from Amy in the finale.. Again, I thought it was adorable that she helped Bright and B/H ultimately get together, but I just felt like I wanted something a little more from her. Although, this could be my bias coming out because I absolutely worship EVC, to the point of saying that my love for her talent is way, way off the charts. Thus, that immediately translates to personally not objecting in seeing Amy in every scene of every episode.

The E/A drought.. Man, E/A shippers have REALLY had a torturous season (give or take a few good moments) if you think about. First off, finally, E/A get together, but it is tainted and clouded due to the lingering Madison bomb that circled around them all season long. Not to mention the lack of physical intimacy that we were having to endure. Then, we finally got an amazing episode in The Reflex, only for their short-term intimacy and cloud 9 happiness to be immediately taken away due to Ephram going to see Madison's band, causing a rift between them due to his lie, no matter how innocent his intentions were. We all should have known that the WB's motto is always about punishing their teen couples after they finally sleep together so it probably was predictable, nevertheless, tough to see. Princetongate was also added to the mix, I must add. Then, once everything seems sorted out, on comes Madisongate and E/A are not the same from this point on. And then Princetongate unravels and things are out of control and to the point of their eventual break up. So, it's safe to say that this season has not been the greatest season for E/A, and that does really suck, because it should have been a good one, being that they finally got together romantically.. So, in the finale, not only was Ephram MIA, but there wasn't even so much as a mention of Ephram by Amy or even a mention of E/A by anyone. That did seem like a kick to the E/A fans, I must say, given that we have had to put up with A LOT of crap all season long. I would have taken something small such as Amy glancing over at a picture of her and Ephram in New York or Amy checking her e-mail to see if Ephram sent her a message. But, instead, we got nada, zip, zero. That sucked.

Bright/Hannah.. Cute, cute, cute. At first, I felt bad for Topher but the minute he showed up at Hannah's to take her to the airport, as he had no clue that she broke up with him, I was all about calling him a moron and not feeling one shred of sympathy for the dude. Dear God, a five year old could have understood that Hannah broke up with him!

Back to Bright/Hannah.. Loved the kiss, loved Bright's explanation and loved how Hannah stated that she "felt" the kiss. They are all about adorable and it will be so interesting and fun to watch them in season 4. I hope Rina knows how to write them much better than she did E/A in season 3.

Delia.. I love this girl and I look forward to seeing more of her in season 4 because she was MIA in season 3, which just isn't right.

Jake.. Okay, now I get what S. Wolf meant whenever he called his character "a wolf in sheep's clothing." Yep, Jake has a dark side. Something is not right with him.. at all. His anger during the scene where he threw the remote and got so pissed off was quite telling. Is he addicted to the pain med that Nina found? His explanation about needing them for a sprained ankle was weak. The dude didn't have major surgery. He turned his ankle, which, as Gaby can attest to, I just recently, severely sprained my ankle this past weekend while playing basketball. Anyway, my ankle hurts but advil and ice have helped me tremendously and the thought of needing a strong pain medicine that is potentially addicting is just laughable. Bottom line.. Something is really wrong with Jake. He's either addicted to pain meds and/or has a past that includes abusing women or something of that nature. I fear for Nina and her safety. I can only imagine how Jake is going to react whenever Nina tells him that she wants to be with Andy. Lets face it.. Nina is still very much in love with Andy.

Which brings me to Andy/Nina.. Wow, I have shipped A/N since the pilot. I've waited forever for Andy to utter that precise speech to Nina. It was awesome to finally hear it! Damn, only took Andy three years to see the light, but hey, it happened and for that, I'm all about happy! The A/N kiss.. Folks, they were both into that kiss. Nina was feeling it with Andy just as Hannah was with Bright. Thus, the parallel. A/N will happen, to my great joy, but the problem is, and there is a big problem, and that's Jake. Jake and HIS OWN big personal problem that I have a feeling is going to cause some hell for both Nina and A/N. Like I said before, I fear for Nina. Who knows what the hell even defines Jake and I have a feeling that Jake isn't going to go away quietly, no matter what. So, I think it's going to take some time before A/N are together and happy.

Andy/Harold.. I do buy the fact that these two are best friends. Yes, all season long, they have been on different paths and haven't really connected (thanks Madisongate and Amanda) but I don't doubt for a second that both Andy/Harold consider the other a best friend and it's blatantly obvious to me that these two really deeply care about each other.

I have to say that the "appreciation party" was made of cheese. And the bear thing was very outlandish. It was definitely overdone.

The one thing about Andy is he did redeem himself a bit in my eyes whenever he gave Harold the long speech about all of his many screw ups. I especially loved that he mentioned his affair with Amanda. Finally, an admittance on his part that the affair was wrong. That was nice to see.

Regarding Andy doing the surgery. Honestly, I was shocked that he did it. I never expected it. I just didn't. Kudos to everyone that thought he would do it because I never thought he would. But, now that he has done the surgery, I am 100% convinced that this means that Rose survives. From a logistical standpoint alone.

I can see it now.. Andy, father-in-law to "Amy Brown," known for ultimately being responsible for the death of Colin, his daughter-in law's first boyfriend, and Rose Abbott, her very own mother. No way is that going to happen.

Saving the best for last.. Tom Amandes was incredible in that opening scene. Wow. Harold praying in the bathroom stall was powerful. Even as he was walking to the bathroom as he was bumping into people in the hall. The look of despair and anger on Harold's face said it all. Wow, Tom was incredible.

Okay, I wrote a book, like I usually do, but this one was longer than my usual. Oh well, it's for the finale, and I won't be writing one of these for another few months so I wanted to go out with a bang. Heh.

Anyway, I thought it was a decent finale. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. Sort of down the middle. Some parts I liked and others, not so much. I don't think this finale can hold a candle to the season 1/2 finales, but nevertheless, it had some great moments.

I look forward to season 4 and with Berlanti's free time, I hope against all hope that he will be back, in the trenches and participating a great deal in season 4.. So Rina is not driving this ship all by herself. Yep, that was a shot. In short, Berlanti needs to come back and put some vigor back into his show. He now has the time to do so, man, I hope he does just that.
At the risk of sounding like a suck up I honestly can't wait to read Wilpen's thoughts on episodes (I love reading everyone else's as well!). Wilpen, you point out things that I would have thought of if I wasn't suck a space kadet! And you point out and bring up things that I would have never thought of. Most importantly, I agree with most of what you say, which is cool beans!

I agree with you, especially, about the lack of Ephramy in this episode and the lack of Greg/Ephram. I was thinking the same thing about the e-mail thing! You'd think; i mean if I were Amy, i would be checkin my mail to see if he has e-mailed me by whatever chance. I mean he did make it clear to her that she was still his best friend. And I felt the 'something missing' too. I can't wait for Greg/Ephram to return next season, altho Im not counting on it being right off. I just really hope that Ephram and Amy get back together and this whole 'baby drama' can be left in season 3 :-D

Well that's about it here, lol, I already posted what i thought about the finale; I don't wanan repeat myself!

I just wanna add, however, that I'm going to miss coming on here and reading what you guys all thought about an Everwood episode. I know the show is coming back next season, but it just seems so far away! *sniffles*

Okey dokey, I'm outta here! I hope everyone has a great night!
Old 05-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Anyway, I thought it was a decent finale. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. Sort of down the middle. Some parts I liked and others, not so much. I don't think this finale can hold a candle to the season 1/2 finales, but nevertheless, it had some great moments.
I felt the exact same way about it, Wilpen.

I'm very indifferent to it ... on the one hand we had some great moments, on the other hand, it was anti-climactic and overdone. I'm torn.

I might need to re-watch the episode and come back with a review after a second viewing.

kenny | credit
Old 05-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Passionate Fan

My second long comment on the episode...

If you think about it though, where's Ephram gonna get a computer, backpacking across Europe? Unless they have one in a little hostel he stays in or something. Or he managed to fit an expensive laptop into that backpack of his. That would be so like him...

If you think about it, though, Ephram's presence (or lack thereof) was definitely noticed in the finale. When Andy stepped into his room and just looked around... I almost cried. Not having him around definitely made for a lighter episode, but still - despite everything, I really love his character. I think he needed to go to Europe, or at least to get away. (Come on, couldn't they have sent him to Canada? He could stay at my place!! ) It'll give him a break from everything. I expect him back... oh, around episode 2 or 3. Hopefully a more mature and happier person.

Is Rose going to die? God, I hope not. They already had Andy "kill" Colin, and that was absolutely devastating. I don't think they'd do it again... that's not to say that our beloved Rose won't die, though. For some reason, I can see her growing stronger over the summer, being totally fine... and then being, say, grocery shopping one day, and collapsing in the frozen foods section. The EMTs will get called, and Bright will be the only one home, and he'll have to go see her. I think that the whole Cancerous Rose storyline is going to majorly affect Bright next season. Just because he's been so good to her already. I can see him completely breaking down over it.

As for the bear in the office... it was kind of funny - I'll admit, I giggled. But that was overkill, I think. I did like how all his ex-patients were there, though. Andy does not equal Chicago. We all knew he wasn't going. It was just a matter of him figuring that out.

Wow.... Wilpen, I loved reading what you had to say on the subject of Jake. As soon as he started flipping out with the remote, I knew that we were never going to see the 100% loveable Jake that we saw this season again. It was almost scary, seeing that instant transformation, and then having him go back instantly to dear old Dimples. His excuse about his twisted ankle was weak, and I shake my head at anyone who actually believed it. Including Nina. I've never thought about Jake as a woman abuser, but as soon as it was mentionned here, I can just see it happening. And it makes me feel physically sick. Nina should NOT have to go through all that. First her husband was away 24/7, then he turned out to be gay, and she was a single mom, and she lost her job. Please, Berlanti, for all that is good... don't give her an abusive boyfriend too. Get her out of this relationship, but don't let Jake hurt her. She's an amazing character and doesn't deserve that.

Now I'm talking about Nina as if she's MY neighbour. Good grief.

I meant to comment on Harold's bathroom praying scene beforehand, but forgot. That was so powerful. I was almost in tears. Berlanti sure hit a gold mine when Tom Amandes signed on to do Everwood... he honestly could not have found a more perfect Dr. Abbott. Come to think of it, the entire cast is so incredibly well casted. Can you imagine having another actor play Ephram? Or Andy? Or Amy? Or Bright? Or even Delia or Hannah? I don't think so.

Speaking of Bright, can you believe what a major transformation he's undergone in the past 3 seasons? I mean, we had Season 1 Bright, who, for the most part, was a ginormous jerk and I'm surprised if anyone liked him. Then we had Season 2 Bright, who was a lot sweeter and nicer, but was still bordering on an immature teenager who was just there for the laughs (although his attempts to get into college were awesome). And now we just saw Season 3 Bright, who slowly made the transition from the Wannabe Highschooler to the grown up young man he's becoming. It was a beautiful change to watch, really. I know they were originally planning to have Hannah in one of the earlier seasons (I can't remember which), but I'm so glad they saved her for Season 3. Bright didn't deserve her until now.

I was trying to figure out why they didn't have last week's episode as the finale... it was so powerful. Almost everything else could have been fitted in somewhere else... otherwise, leave it for the season opener. The only reason I can come up with is that with Season 1, we had the cliffhanger about Colin's surgery. Maybe Berlanti & Co. didn't want to have another surgery cliffhanger this season? That's the only reason I can see. But still... despite what this episode lacked in drama, it was still sweet and cute, and after some of the crap moments we had in Season 3 *coughMADISONGATEcoughANDY/AMANDAcough* we needed a lighter episode.

I'm so glad that Berlanti might be coming back full-time to Everwood. Remember how wonderfully Ephram/Amy was written in Season 1? It was beautiful, absolutely perfect. And they even had their moments in Season 2. But with Rina taking over the reigns for Season 3, well.... she just cannot write Ephram/Amy. I was let down bigtime on what I originally thought was going to be a beautiful relationship for them. Their best moment was when he gave her the "forever" necklace - and even that beautiful moment was later taken away from us. Although I must say that Rina did a pretty good job of writing Bright and Hannah this season - she's good at some things, I must say. But others... leave it up to Berlanti, honey.

Now my fingers are sore from typing. Enjoy round 2 of my thoughts! I always love reading what you all have to say... it gives me a different perspective on things and points out aspects I missed originally.

Last edited by EphramIsHot; 05-24-2005 at 07:49 PM
Old 05-24-2005, 07:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Lately I can't help thinking about Joyce Summers from Buffy the vampire slayer when I think of Rose. For those of you who haven't watched BTVS and have no idea who the hell i'm talking about. Joyce was the beloved Mother of the main charecter Buffy who after recovering from an operation to remove a brain tumor died a couple of episodes later after everyone believed she was okay of a brain anuerism an unforeseen after effect of the surgery. I can't help fearing something like that will happen to Rose.

And as for Jake haven't trusted him since day one. Someone that eerily happy has got to be hiding something dark that's just how it works on TV. I just hope Nina gets out okay.
Pam: What are you doing? What do you expect me to say to that?
Jim: I just needed you to know. Once.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyWithThePoodlesAlready
Okay, Wilpen has posted so now I can (she just opens my mind up and show me thing I never noticed, now I sound like I know what I'm talking about more )
Awww.. Thanks so much for the kind words and it is such a joy to interact with you on the board. Your posts are always a fantastic read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleBehryGrl23
At the risk of sounding like a suck up I honestly can't wait to read Wilpen's thoughts on episodes (I love reading everyone else's as well!). Wilpen, you point out things that I would have thought of if I wasn't suck a space kadet! And you point out and bring up things that I would have never thought of. Most importantly, I agree with most of what you say, which is cool beans!
Another Awww... Thanks so much for the sweet words. I absolutely love reading your great posts and I'm so glad to have you around here.

Ken.. Totally with you. This episode is worth a second look. You're right, I feel the same way as you.. torn. I want to focus on the positives but I can't help but notice the negatives. It's hard..

ETA: Janelle. Wow. Superb post.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-24-2005 at 08:04 PM
Old 05-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Eden
Lately I can't help thinking about Joyce Summers from Buffy the vampire slayer when I think of Rose. For those of you who haven't watched BTVS and have no idea who the hell i'm talking about. Joyce was the beloved Mother of the main charecter Buffy who after recovering from an operation to remove a brain tumor died a couple of episodes later after everyone believed she was okay of a brain anuerism an unforeseen after effect of the surgery. I can't help fearing something like that will happen to Rose.

And as for Jake haven't trusted him since day one. Someone that eerily happy has got to be hiding something dark that's just how it works on TV. I just hope Nina gets out okay.
OMG That show was my workd for the longest time! I can't beelive I didn't think og Joyce (*bows* RIP). It was so sad the episode when she died; although it was SO WELL DONE! When my grams died, that's how I felt is how they depicted it in that episode. Like everythi was a blurr and such.

I really hope that doesn't happen to Rose! If Amy or Bright or Harold came home and Rose was dead! I'd cry!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Andy due to a mistake in a vaccination program he spearheaded manages to kill almost the entire population of Everwood, Colorado. Show continues after in dispair he moves with his Delia and a few survivors to Everwood, Montana.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
Andy due to a mistake in a vaccination program he spearheaded manages to kill almost the entire population of Everwood, Colorado. Show continues after in dispair he moves with his Delia and a few survivors to Everwood, Montana.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Extreme Fan

I enjoyed the season finale for the most part.

Since Ephram is my favorite character I also felt his loss but tried not to let that affect this as much as I could. I am soooooo happy Andy told Nina what he did and that he kissed her in that scene you could see the chemistry they have. I was not crazy about the party but I liked that Rose showed up and said what she said. Harold just broke my heart in the teaser he really loves his wife with a passion.

When I look back on season 3 I really do not know what to think of E/A I mean on 1 hand they had some very nice scenes and episodes and the other hand they had a lot of tough episodes as well and a bad ending to the relationship. Season 4 does need to try to repair this. I also hope we get more of Delia in season 4 because she is a talented young actress.

Bright and Hannah just rocked. The end scene with them was fabulous and I loved how Bright said ''You Got Hot''. Bright just rules. Can't wait for season 4.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
If you think about it though, where's Ephram gonna get a computer, backpacking across Europe? Unless they have one in a little hostel he stays in or something. Or he managed to fit an expensive laptop into that backpack of his. That would be so like him...
almost totally OT: most european hostels actually have computers with internet, at least, at all the UK hostels I stayed at, minus one perhaps, there was an internet computer, either free or coin-operated. In almost every town or village there is some kind of internet cafe too....even though most people now have internet at home, they still exist widely...

just to set the record straight....
{Sophie }<3{Smitty #666 }<3{Java Junkie }<3{Cerulean #19}

{ILY #17}{LL #12}{Keeper of Lorelai's arms during the ESK}

addict
Old 05-25-2005, 06:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes

I was thinking of noting that when I went to England a year and a half ago there was an internet cafe right across the street from my London hotel. Guess I've said it now {hee}. Granted that's not 'mainland' Europe and it's a big city... but Ephram used to be a big city boy. Now, I resisted the urge to go in and catch up on my e-correspondance (barely)... but I was only in London for about a week ...and I didn't have a couple of "friends" whose mom had a life-threatening illness either.

Additionally, my boss from Poland travels "home" occasionally and to Brazil a lot. He supposedly got a cell phone that's quite expensive to use but will work in foreign countries... satelite maybe??? And cells can send and receive email.

-Aquillea
Old 05-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillea
I was thinking of noting that when I went to England a year and a half ago there was an internet cafe right across the street from my London hotel. Guess I've said it now {hee}. Granted that's not 'mainland' Europe and it's a big city... but Ephram used to be a big city boy. Now, I resisted the urge to go in and catch up on my e-correspondance (barely)... but I was only in London for about a week ...and I didn't have a couple of "friends" whose mom had a life-threatening illness either.

Additionally, my boss from Poland travels "home" occasionally and to Brazil a lot. He supposedly got a cell phone that's quite expensive to use but will work in foreign countries... satelite maybe??? And cells can send and receive email.

-Aquillea
if you want a phone that will work in usa as well as mainland europe and asia, you need a tri-band, those aren't too expensive anymore...

I'm from mainland europe, and I can assertvthat the place is booming with internet cafes and nowadays wireless hotspots as well. I don't know about eastern europe, but when i was in Greece (Rhodes) last summer there were several internet caf'es as well as in Corsica (France). I know mainland France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands etc. etc. all have plenty of internet caf'es....backpackers need not worry....we're not that 'behind'

wow, how to get offtopic i should give a masterclass...
{Sophie }<3{Smitty #666 }<3{Java Junkie }<3{Cerulean #19}

{ILY #17}{LL #12}{Keeper of Lorelai's arms during the ESK}

addict
Closed Thread   Post New Thread