Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleBehryGrl23
And OMG they'd better have this baby storyline resolved, and it'd better not leak into s4!!
Right you are. If this storyline drags too much into season 4, it just might be the destruction of this show.

HaHa. Raja.. That's exactly how it went down on PO5.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I know I'm late with my comments about the ep, but better late than never!!

Wow. Did I ever cry in this episode! I don't think Everwood has ever had me crying BEFORE THE THEME SONG before. But I sure was this week. The Rose-cancer storyline is so, so sad. I love Rose so much. If Berlanti kills her off, I may just have to jet out to Salt Lake City and give him several pieces of my mind. "Harold, I can't feel my legs." AHHHH!!! (that was a scream of "oh my gosh, how could you cliffhanger here?!" not "worst line ever", just to clarify ). And I cried so hard when Amy and Hannah sat and cried about Rose. Emily acted that scene so well.

Harold's meltdown at the office was brilliant. Tom Amandes is such a strong actor, and is 100% perfect for the role. For once, Andy didn't try and control the situation, or come out with a "my problems are worse than yours" story like he usually does. He just let Harold get everything out. Andy has started to redeem himself in my mind.

Ephram better darn well not leave for Europe. I actually can't decide whether or not he's going to. Remember how, in Season 1, when he was going to live in NYC with Grandpa Jacob and Nonny? I knew he would change his mind. But now, what with all the stuff he's gone through, and the fact that high school's almost over... I can't decide. Gregory Smith is an amazing young actor, and he's playing the idiot of Ephram wonderfully well.

Bright and Hannah......... ! Seriously, how cute is this couple?! I love how Ephram totally caught on to Bright's liking Hannah. And the fact that he called her at her prom... hee. And I like how Topher kisses like a salmon. Good - he was adorable, but I never really liked him anyway. I can't wait to see what happens with them next episode. I think they're going to get together in the season finale. She's such a sweet character, I love her. *has randomly lost train of thought* Er... ooh, when Bright called Topher an ass-hat? Yeah, couldn't stop laughing. I'm glad that Berlanti is keeping this one storyline fairly light - it's the only positive thing happening in Everwood right now.

Andy and Nina = awesome. I loved the whole 'knock' thing. I'm excited for them too, but I almost feel bad for Dimples (aka Jake). I really started to adore him in the episode before this one. I don't want his heart to get stomped on, but I'm waiting for A/N toget together. And man, Delia is one perceptive eleven-year-old. I love that girl.

Yeah, so that's my ramblings. Berlanti, don't kill Rose or make Ephram leave Everwood permanently. Trust me, you do NOT want to get on my bad side.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm with you on that one, I will not forgive him if he kills off Rose!!! She is such a great character! And although Ephram has been bugging me lately a bit, I can't really imagine Everwood without him.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

EphramIsHot I totally agree with like, everything you said!

I don't think they will kill Rose off though, that'd bee too ironic that both mothers from this family were dead. I think they will come close, however.

As far as Ephram leaving goes, I think he is, infact, leaving for Europe. BUT! This isn't exactly a bad thing. I think his leaving will be a good break from everyone and will give him a chance to sort all this out.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Great post, Janelle. I enjoyed reading your thoughts.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hannah's my favorite character, so I really hope she doesn't end up with a bum like Bright. He's such a loser.
blasphemy!

he's not a bum! he's just misunderstood! come here Brightey, let surrogate mommy hug you and make it all better...

seriously though...he's not entirely stupid, but he just messed up. theguys has had an awful lot to deal with over the last couple of years (being the one that caused your best friends brain damage, hm?) and whatever he does, it's never good enough for his dad....that'd make anyone give up...he's always been a good brother to amy, he's been a friend to ephram when it was a most unlikely candidate and he even was nice to delia with her schoolgirl crush on him....

ah, sorry, pro-bright rant!
{Sophie }<3{Smitty #666 }<3{Java Junkie }<3{Cerulean #19}

{ILY #17}{LL #12}{Keeper of Lorelai's arms during the ESK}

addict
Old 05-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

froukje, I agree. He's not a bum. I <3 Bright as much I as adore Hannah. That's why I love these two together. They complement each other. When Ephram started to point out that Bright was attracted to Hannah, I couldn't help but smile.
I’ll still be loving you.
Always and forever. I promise you Haley."
-Nathan (OTH)
Old 09-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

review time......

Harold/Rose:Rose is just SUPERWOMAN! The minute the doctor wants to schedule an appointment, Rose goes on thinking about her duties. And the one thing she should be thinking about is overcoming cancer and getting treatment. But I can also understand why she did it. It's something to dstract her from what's really going on. Being the town mayor, the mother of two kids, that's her world. It may be overbearing at times, but she wouldn't ever change it for anything on the planet, except for the tumor thing. My heart just breaks for her becuase it was only a few hours, a whole day at the most that she was thinking that she could be pregnant and wasn't too old to be a mother again. And now it's radiation and chemotherapy on her plate. I just want to give Rose a giant hug!

Harold/Rose: (Part 2) They have a part 2 becuase there is so much to cover with these two. It saddens me that Rose can't do the normal thigns that she always did. I love Harold for noticing these things that she did. Going on about her being the mayor the thankless city of Everwood, a great mother, a devoted wife and always had dinner ont he table by six. And never takeout, always the four course meal and everyone sitting at the table talking about their day. She is a woman that keeps her family together. Harold is just another amazing husband in this episode. I know Andy would take initiative if said wife *cough*Nina*cough* were not able to cook, he'd take over. Whether it'd be edible, that's the question. But it's the thought that counts. I just hate hwo Rose is declining with her condition. I can't stand to see her sideliend. It's rather...depressing. Not that she doesn't need a rest, but she is so dedicated to being the best and did that job quite nobally for yeras.

Bright/Ephram: I love the Madison joke, but I do feel it's a bit too soon. Especially since Ephram is at odds with Andy over keeping it from him in the first place. Kudos for them on the idea of being roommates. I love it! I've always thought of them as brothers, you know. Bright's not afraid to tell him what he things, or well anybody else for that matter either. And Ephram has been there for Bright through everything. I know he'll be there for Bright once the news about Rose's cancer starts whipping through town. And you know, it's only a matter of time with those gossipers. And I love Bright's utter denail that he doesn't like Hannah. Seems he's having a hard time believeing it himself. And the ass-hat joke about Topher made me laugh. I don't know if Bright doesn't want to admit the feelings he has for Hannah or that he just doesn't get that he can actually like a girl and maybe love a girl without having sex complicate everything.

Bright/Ephram: (Part 2) Their apartment hunting could be an entire episode by itself. They are perfect roommates, they really are. Ephram doesn't need to go to London. He just wants to go to get away from Andy and prove that he can survive on his own. Truth, he's heartbroken and stubborn. Sound like another male with the last name Brown that we know? And them talking about Hannah. I think Ephram was actually trying to get the truth out of Bright, I really do. He knows something is there. Ephram's been in love, twice. Bright doesn't know what that feels like and doesn't know how or where to look for it. Good thing Ephram is there. I just hope EPhram can steer our friend in the right direction. And Bright does not hold jealousy well. Ass-Hat? He's so got the jonesing for Hannah, all he has to do is realize it, or admit it, whichever comes first

Andy/Nina: They are so high school sweethearts withought the whole high school factor. It seems Andy has had different feelings towards Nina ever since Jake told him that he is her high school crush, the one she's in love with. Him getting warm and leaving Nina suddenly over coffee. That was humorous! Nina has always been the one person he could be around and it never get weird and it never be not okay for them. And Nina knocking was quite a surprise to me. I never took notice that she never knocked and just invited herlsef over. That makes me love her even more. She's so Andy's girl! It's so easy with the two of them. And I hope Season 4 is as good as I want it to be But even though I love them a lot, I can't see them really as an Opera couple. I can't see Andy going to the Opera with Ephram either, even if they weren't at odds. And Andy explaining that his weirdness around Nina is due to Ephram is only half of it. I think Andy's starting a journey of love himself. He's finally seeing what's been there for three years. And she made eggs, I love eggs

Hannah/Amy: I think this might be the first time Hannah has ever had makeup on. And the sales lady asking if Topher was her boyfriend. I hate that Hannah feels like she can't be happy because Amy doesn't have Ephram and is a little sad. Hannah so puts everyone before herself and she needs to start being a little bit selfish and putting herself first. Especially with Topher, she needs to think of her needs and see he is so wrong for her. He's so got a personality deficiency, I just don't like him. He's so not Bright, that's his problem. Maybe something he can't help, but that's why he can't be with Hannah? Simple...I think so! And he likes the macarena? Seriously? Is he stuck in 1997?

Ephram/Andy: I agree with Ephram being angry at Andy for the Madison thing. But selling the studio? Was he really that clueless. Did he really think that Andy built that studio out of control? That he would orchistrate things to keep Ephram in Everwood and not let him achieve his dreams? Selling the equipement was rather...bold...being a good word for it. The equipment was his, but not to be sold, if that makes any sense. And then Andy having to find out about it by walking into the garage and it be completely empty without a note or anything, just two boxes in the middle. Andy wanted to invite Ephram to the Opera, not find an empty garage and wonder if he'd been robbed or Ephram has actually lost his mind.

Amy:I think Amy is putting all her energy she had planned for her and Ephram into Hannah and Topher going to prom. She was acting more like a parent than a friend, really. And I think Amy used Hannah as a distraction. But her breaking down and telling Hannah her mom had cancer was a big thing. Why couldn't Ephram just not breakup with Amy? She so needed him and then she had to hear that he was leaving right when she needed him the most. Perfect timing, right? I just hate their timing, it's always wrong! I just hope they can do something about thier relationship state so Amy can cry to someone. She won't cry to Rose, Harold or Bright or Hannah. But she will cry to Ephram.

Andy/Delia: I just adored the scene between Andy/Delia where Delia basically gave her blessing to Nina/Andy. I think Nina is a lot like Julia, and the way she won't let Andy get away with anything. She has a lot of heart for what Andy does and who he is as a person. And the same goes for Andy. For Delia to say that Nina reminds her alot of Julia, that was a milestone. Who knows what Delia really thought of Nina in her bedroom when they were painting. Well I got the idea she was just angry at Andy, but I'm sure she could fire a few punches at Nina too

Rose: all the emotions one can have for this woman. What is it with her legs, why can't seh feel her legs. Why is this happening to our Rose. She's perfect, beautiful, she's not the one who gets cancer! The cancer thing I knew about, but the walking thing, such a shock to me. Her having to tell Harold she couldn't feel her legs, that just broke my heart. First she's tied to a chair saying she has cancer and then when free to explore possible treatments, she's glued to the floor becuase she can't feel her legs. It's not fair! So has Rose completely lost her hair in that three week time jump? But either way, she's still a beautfiul lady to me

Bright/Hannah: (have I covered them yet) They are just too sexy for words at this point Bright reaching over and Hannah Talking to her when she's cooking family dinner and it's not her family! She recognizes someone in need and goes for it. I believe now that Hannah is in a 'relationship' she's more comfortable with Bright. She seems more okay with her emotions when he's within a rooms distance of her. Before she had to check her breathing when she heard his voice.

And Topher kisses like a fish, I knew it! So why can't we grab his legs and toss him back to the sea?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Harold/Rose:Rose is just SUPERWOMAN! The minute the doctor wants to schedule an appointment, Rose goes on thinking about her duties. And the one thing she should be thinking about is overcoming cancer and getting treatment. But I can also understand why she did it. It's something to dstract her from what's really going on. Being the town mayor, the mother of two kids, that's her world. It may be overbearing at times, but she wouldn't ever change it for anything on the planet, except for the tumor thing. My heart just breaks for her becuase it was only a few hours, a whole day at the most that she was thinking that she could be pregnant and wasn't too old to be a mother again. And now it's radiation and chemotherapy on her plate. I just want to give Rose a giant hug!
Rose was amazing...really a devoted wife and mother....a career woman and a domestic diva as well. Not being able to cook for her family was unthinkable...so she fought it. It was so sweet the way that Harold stepped in to handle that chicken.

Quote:
Bright/Ephram: I love the Madison joke, but I do feel it's a bit too soon. Especially since Ephram is at odds with Andy over keeping it from him in the first place. Kudos for them on the idea of being roommates.
I love the two of them together...so opposite..but they really complimented each other and supplied what the other needed.

Quote:
And I love Bright's utter denail that he doesn't like Hannah. Seems he's having a hard time believeing it himself. And the ass-hat joke about Topher made me laugh. I don't know if Bright doesn't want to admit the feelings he has for Hannah or that he just doesn't get that he can actually like a girl and maybe love a girl without having sex complicate everything.
Bright was definitely in denial about his feelings for Hannah. He was so jealous of Hannah's date with Topher...and Ephram was so on to him. It was hilarious.

Quote:
Hannah/Amy: I think this might be the first time Hannah has ever had makeup on.
That saleslady did a horrible makeup job. Hannah looked like a clown.

Quote:
Ephram/Andy: I agree with Ephram being angry at Andy for the Madison thing. But selling the studio?
That scene broke my heart...and when he decided to sell his piano..I couldn't take it.
Quote:
But she will cry to Ephram.
Wait and see.

Andy/Delia: I just adored the scene between Andy/Delia where Delia basically gave her blessing to Nina/Andy. I think Nina is a lot like Julia, and the way she won't let Andy get away with anything. She has a lot of heart for what Andy does and who he is as a person. And the same goes for Andy. For Delia to say that Nina reminds her alot of Julia, that was a milestone. Who knows what Delia really thought of Nina in her bedroom when they were painting. Well I got the idea she was just angry at Andy, but I'm sure she could fire a few punches at Nina too

Quote:
It's not fair! So has Rose completely lost her hair in that three week time jump? But either way, she's still a beautfiul lady to me
It's definitely not fair for anyone to go through Cancer. Yes, Rose is a beautiful lady inside and out.

Quote:
And Topher kisses like a fish, I knew it! So why can't we grab his legs and toss him back to the sea?
My thoughts exactly. It's bad enough that he has no personality...but bad kisser? That's unacceptable.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Rose was amazing...really a devoted wife and mother....a career woman and a domestic diva as well. Not being able to cook for her family was unthinkable...so she fought it. It was so sweet the way that Harold stepped in to handle that chicken.
IMO, that was the first sign for Rose that not everything was going to be the same. And that she would have to accept the changes as they come

Quote:
I love the two of them together...so opposite..but they really complimented each other and supplied what the other needed.
I think they both want to be the other person, but not in every way. Like Bright always wanted to be smarter, like Amy was always good in academics and Bright struggled. He wanted to have the genius mind like Ephram had for music. And Ephram was taken seriously for that too. On the other hand, Ephram carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. He wanted to be like Bright, carefree, not really letting real issues keep him from succeeding (minus not getting into Notre Dame). But Bright always knew how to bounce back. For Ephram, that took a little bit of doing.

Quote:
Bright was definitely in denial about his feelings for Hannah. He was so jealous of Hannah's date with Topher...and Ephram was so on to him. It was hilarious.
I'm glad someone was in on the Bright/Hannah love train. Obviously Bright had touble finding his feelings for Hannah. Ephram knew which buttons to push to get him to talk about Hannah and maybe realize something is there. And Ephram also knew that talking about Hannah made Bright realize what was really important.

Quote:
That saleslady did a horrible makeup job. Hannah looked like a clown.
I think she was more interested in Amy's story than doing Hannah's makeup. Notice that she asked if Topher was her boyfriend. Most makeup sales people do their makeup job and wait to ask questiosn later. Amature! lol

Quote:
That scene broke my heart...and when he decided to sell his piano..I couldn't take it.
And the thing was, he didn't even want to sell it. He wanted to keep it, even though everything about music made him think of Andy and how the secret was kept of him. That was the one thing that would hold Ephram to his music. But again, Ephram let the idea of getting away from Andy and Everwood as far as possible and he sold it. Wasn't there a piano connection to Julia as well?

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. It's bad enough that he has no personality...but bad kisser? That's unacceptable.
she so needs the lips of Bright Abbott on hers to know what a real kiss is!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-23-2017, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Topher is SO AWKWARD. Hannah telling him to kiss her was really awkward. That kiss reminded me of a kiss I had with a guy in the past lol. So bad.

Delia telling Andy that she wanted him to date Nina was really cute. I like how supportive she is of that relationship.

Ephram selling all his music stuff was ridiculous. He had no right to do that when all that stuff was a gift to him. Its one thing to want to get out of the house and do his own thing but that wasn't his money. Ephram is being such a baby and overreacting to everything. He has a right to be mad at Andy but to take it out on everyone and just try to leave Everwood? Dude needs to grow up.

Ephram and Amy breaking up and giving back their stuff to one another is so freaking hard to watch! UGH MY HEART. I get that Ephram thinks he needs to do this but why the hell couldn't he have asked Amy to go with him? London? Seriously?

I like Bright's feelings for Hannah even if they kinda came out of the blue. I mean, we did see their friendship build but I don't think we really saw Bright developing feelings. But I do like that he was talking to Ephram about it because at least it bridged the gap just a bit.

UGH THE ENDING WITH ROSE WAS TOO SAD. I DONT LIKE THIS SL.

This episode went by so quick! But I really enjoyed it. Two episodes to go!
Old 11-23-2017, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Topher is SO AWKWARD. Hannah telling him to kiss her was really awkward. That kiss reminded me of a kiss I had with a guy in the past lol. So bad.

Delia telling Andy that she wanted him to date Nina was really cute. I like how supportive she is of that relationship.

Ephram selling all his music stuff was ridiculous. He had no right to do that when all that stuff was a gift to him. Its one thing to want to get out of the house and do his own thing but that wasn't his money. Ephram is being such a baby and overreacting to everything. He has a right to be mad at Andy but to take it out on everyone and just try to leave Everwood? Dude needs to grow up.

Ephram and Amy breaking up and giving back their stuff to one another is so freaking hard to watch! UGH MY HEART. I get that Ephram thinks he needs to do this but why the hell couldn't he have asked Amy to go with him? London? Seriously?

I like Bright's feelings for Hannah even if they kinda came out of the blue. I mean, we did see their friendship build but I don't think we really saw Bright developing feelings. But I do like that he was talking to Ephram about it because at least it bridged the gap just a bit.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

Quote:
I love it too. Nina would never be a Julia replacement for Delia but she's always been there for her which is great since Delia has needed someone like Nina in her life.

Quote:
So true! He looks foolish selling his music stuff. That is not his to sell, truth be told. If he thought he was being mature there he was sadly mistaken. He looked immature and foolish instead.

Quote:
It's so damn lame and stupid. Honestly, Ephram is lucky Amy eventually takes him back because how he's treating her during this time period... he didn't even deserve it.

Quote:
I totally agree Bright's feelings for Hannah came out of the blue. Rina, the season 3 showrunner admitted she wrote Hannah based on her own life and Bright was the type of guy she crushed on. I believe Bright/Hannah had some unrealistic moments/holes because Rina was basically trying to put her life on the screen and it felt a little unnatural and forced at times.

Quote:
Really sad!

Between Ephram acting stupid and treating Amy like garbage along with the cancer storyline, it was a really tough time period to be a fan of this series!

Quote:
That's the thing... some of this stuff is so difficult to watch/digest but the show is just so well done you appreciate the quality nevertheless.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah i dont know, its hard for me because i never saw the series play out in real time. so had I seen each episode week to week i probably would have preferred one season to the next and noticed the differences. But to me, so far, all the episodes have felt like Everwood to me. They've all been good, even the boring/slow episodes. IDK, some shows there is a clear difference between when the show was good and when it was bad but for me Everwood has stayed consistent!
Old 11-27-2017, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
yeah i dont know, its hard for me because i never saw the series play out in real time. so had I seen each episode week to week i probably would have preferred one season to the next and noticed the differences. But to me, so far, all the episodes have felt like Everwood to me. They've all been good, even the boring/slow episodes. IDK, some shows there is a clear difference between when the show was good and when it was bad but for me Everwood has stayed consistent!
I agree with you, Alexa. I watched like you...after the show had ended. I felt that Everwood was such a gem of a show that even the episodes that weren't so great had Everwood quality. I agree that if I had waited a week to see an episode that wasn't the best Episode..I might have felt differently.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread