Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

I loved those too, when they had scenes together. Sadly, it was mostly in the first season. Then they kinda of forgot about them and the fact that they are siblings.

As for the accident, that thing bugged me from the start. Now, I know that this is my major nitpick, but I love details and always notice when they are not explained. In that case they weren't. So in my imaginative world Delia didn't go to the recital and had a babysitter or something like that (otherwise there is no way for her to not be in the car with her mother, at that time Ephram couldn't drive and it was late (around 9-10) so I'm sure that Delia wasn't with her brother somewhere). Ephram was with that Gwen Stefani chick and his friends somewhere after the recital. Otherwise he would be with her in the car. They said that he will go with friend there, which is why I assume this.

As for Ephram and Delia bond, I'm one of those people who think that Ephram stayed in Everwood because of his sister. I mean let's face it at that time(almost the whole first season) he wasn't all buddy buddy with his father, but he loved his sister and knew that she will be where Andy is. He also knew that Andy needs someone to cover for him, when he's not around (which is pretty often) and his sister will need him. He also was willing to get Madison back at work just for his sister and that was really cute. What was even cuter was when Delia accepted that for the sake of her brother, she will let Madison go. I also think that he came back to Everwood not only because he loved Amy, but because of his sister too. They kept in touch during that summer, she sent him an invitation. It doesn't take too much to deduce that she wanted him in Everwood and she gave him some 'fake reason' to come back.

As for Andy/Delia relationship - it was easy for Andy. Delia was younger, she didn't remember being neglected that much and besides Ephram was there to tell him what to do and what not to do. And Delia was a kid, she couldn't yell at her father, because at that age we take parents and their behavior towards us as granted. Ephram was different, but he was also older. In the age where he can choose who to respect and why. At that point Andy wasn't the best father and he was the one who had to do something to gain his son's respect. And Ephram wasn't going to give him that easy. And he was right - blood ties don't mean anything, when someone disrespects you. The treatment is much more important. Andy tried with Delia, but somehow I doubt that he had tried with Ephram before Julia's death.

As for Ephram dealing with Delia's teen years unlike everyone else here I think that he would have handled this better than his father. First of all, he was teen much recent than his father. Second of all, he knew that his father likes to control the things too much, which is not always a good thing. So he might help her, besides he never stroke as super protective brother. That's Bright . Ephram was more like sensitive guy, he would talk to his sister first, because in the last years (end of Season 3, Season 4) he tried to talk to her as an adult, not as child. Andy however had a problem to talk to his kids as equals.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koni
I loved those too, when they had scenes together. Sadly, it was mostly in the first season. Then they kinda of forgot about them and the fact that they are siblings.
So right on! I never understood why they dropped the opportunity to have them connect more. BOTH of them lost a parent, BOTH of them were thrust into a new life. It would have been nice to have seen them go through that together, especially as Ephram grew up. I get that in S1 and S2 he often didn't think it was cool to be seen with his little sister, but I think he would have lived to regret that. I think he would have wished that he would have been there for her more. Especially as Delia was trying to connect to Julia and keep her memory alive inside of her, while Ephram had Julia in him always. He could have helped her with that and every time he did, it was super sweet.

Quote:
I also think that he came back to Everwood not only because he loved Amy, but because of his sister too. They kept in touch during that summer, she sent him an invitation. It doesn't take too much to deduce that she wanted him in Everwood and she gave him some 'fake reason' to come back.
Absolutely. I never thought of that before, but absolutely, he came back for Delia just as much, to me, as he did for Amy and Andy.

Which is why I think S4 was the perfect time to revisit Ephram and Delia as a story. When he left, he couldn't tell her why, but he told her to take care of Andy and to listen to him and that he was a good father, even when she was doubting this. So you still do the story of Delia and Andy butting heads as she grows up, but you throw in Ephram helping her along the way, and helping Andy without Andy even ever knowing about it. I think that would have fit in perfectly for Ephram's S4 maturity arc. Massive opportunity lost.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Master Fan

I think that they sacrificed Delia/Ephram scenes in favor of Ephram/Madison scenes in Season 2 and Ephram/Amy scenes in Season 3. And while I like seeing Ephram in a relationship, I loved more seeing him as the big brother.

There was some interaction in Season 4, but it wasn't enough. Especially in the finale - we almost didn't see them together. Ephram had more scenes with Kyle - who was somehow a lot more stranger than with his sister that season.

I don't know, maybe they had plans for Season 5, but sadly we won't see that.

One of my favorite moments between them are the second episode in Season 1 - when she had a nightmare and he stayed in her bed. That was sweet. And the whole Tanksgiving episode is one of my favorite - not because of the Amy/Ephram kiss, but because Ephram really wanted to help his sister feel better. And although it didn't seem that way, I think that he actually helped her a bit.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koni
I think that they sacrificed Delia/Ephram scenes in favor of Ephram/Madison scenes in Season 2 and Ephram/Amy scenes in Season 3. And while I like seeing Ephram in a relationship, I loved more seeing him as the big brother.
Word. Especially if that relationship was with Madison of all people.

Quote:
There was some interaction in Season 4, but it wasn't enough. Especially in the finale - we almost didn't see them together. Ephram had more scenes with Kyle - who was somehow a lot more stranger than with his sister that season.
No doubt. I loved the Ephram/Kyle relationship and how it impacted Ephram and Andy. But Delia could have been used more too, for sure!

What kinds of stories do you think we could have seen between Ephram and Delia in S5?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Hm, I have never thought about that, but speculation is a good thing and it's part of my job, so I will try.

I think that Delia started to rebel a bit and we couldn't say that part of this is not because Ephram wasn't exactly well behaved teen. Delia however has less reasons to be disrespectful to her father in comparison to Ephram. After all for most of the time Andy was able to connect to his daughter. So as a big brother Ephram might help her see the 'light' and explain to her why he was that way to Andy. I think that Delia is old enough to know why Ephram acted that way and why he left Everwood to go to Europe.

Delia also will have a problem to choose her real friends - the popular ones or not. That's something that Ephram would help her - the way he helped Amy, because the way I saw it he was the one that taught Amy and Bright that being popular and having numerous acquaintances doesn't mean anything. He was the one that showed them that quantity is over quality almost in all cases.

I also think that when Delia is a teen and wants to do some things that Andy wouldn't do, Ephram will be the judger - because he will be old enough to see Andy's point, but he will also close enough to his teen years to see Delia's too. So he might be mediator between them.
Old 04-02-2022, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Here's a nice recent picture of Greg and Vivien:

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Wow, adorable!

Do you know when this was taken? I love it! I remember how Greg would hang around Vivien at award shows when she was just a little girl. Totally full circle seeing them as adults.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Here's a nice recent picture of Greg and Vivien:

OH my goodness!! What a wonderful picture!! Vivien is stunning!!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
^ Wow, adorable!

Do you know when this was taken? I love it! I remember how Greg would hang around Vivien at award shows when she was just a little girl. Totally full circle seeing them as adults.
It was taken at the Everwood Reunion at the ATX Television Festival in Austin Texas in 2017.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

She is so pretty. But its so weird seeing her so old!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It was taken at the Everwood Reunion at the ATX Television Festival in Austin Texas in 2017.
Awe, I see. Pretty recent then!
Old 04-03-2022, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
She is so pretty. But its so weird seeing her so old!
It is very weird. LOL.

She is so cute:

^ She said it more than once too.
Old 04-17-2022, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 04-17-2022, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...