Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Due to Ephram's grumpy mood, he hasn't really been treating Delia well. I'm glad that he drove her to school though. Hopefully, these two will get back to the great bond they had.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

What do you think of their relationship so far from what you've seen, Patricia? Do you think Ephram is a good big brother? And isn't Delia just the cutest in season one?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think, in a lot of aspects...Ephram is trying. He's trying to make everything okay for Delia. Making everything as normal as possible and being a good influence at the same time. But Delia really didn't know the difference. She just knew her mom wasn't going to be around anymore and they were moving. It's hard to know what Delia was thinking, she was quiet about her feelings, unlike hte two men in the house lol I admire Ephram for trying to make everything easier when doing the easy things seemed so hard.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Hee, yes, Delia always was the more independent one out of all of them. Really took after Julia in that way. But Ephram did really try a lot. I think he straddled the line between thinking he was too old and 'cool" to hang out with his sister, and also realizing she needed someone a lot of the time in the first season. I loved what Andy told Ephram in the second episode, "Delia gets us". They're all she has. It might not be far that Ephram has to step up and be more than just a normal brother to her, but it is what she needed.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 06-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

but no matter what Delia needed, Ephram would be that person for her
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

Their relationship is pretty much what drew me to the show in the first place. The very first episode I watched was "A Thanksgiving Tale", which is really all about Ephram helping Delia have the kind of Thanksgiving she had with Julia. I don't know if we got to see enough of their relationship, but everything we did see was so sweet.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

and it also showed how Ephram wanted things to be normal too. He wanted things like they were in New York, as much as he could without Julia around. Ephram was always trying so hard and felt so knocked down by life
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

For sure. And he was so knocked down in that episode by not realizing (as of course nobody would) that what Delia was missing was not her mom's Thanksgiving, it was her mom. There was nothing he could have ever done, but that he tried said a lot about what he wanted and also about how much he knew how much it all meant to Delia.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think making the Thanksgiving was helping Ephram deal with Julia not being there. Keeping busy and keeping Julia's memory alive. Ephram needed his mom too
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

He really did. I think he expressed it less often than Andy or Delia did, but, well, he's a teenager, of course he would, hee. But whenever he did talk about her, he had this look in his eye and this inflection in his voice that would make him sound a little younger.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

with his mom around he could be younger, he didn't always have to be the adult in the house, which he had to be a lot of the time. and moving to everwood just intensified that role for ephram. he was only 16 picking up the slack for both parents
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Very, very true. He (and Delia too) had to grow up a lot faster than most kids their age had to. Which, huh, really does play a role into one of Andy's most major decisions that he had to make at the very end of S2.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Loyal Fan

I really wish that we could have seen more of their relationship in later seasons. It's like how I always wanted to see more interaction between Delia and Amy, too.
Dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
I really wish that we could have seen more of their relationship in later seasons. It's like how I always wanted to see more interaction between Delia and Amy, too.
Yes, it would have been really interesting to see Ephram dealing with a teenaged Delia....watching her date....dealing with (perhaps) questionable boyfriends....giving her advice....asking Amy to give her advice. I would have enjoyed watching that.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread