Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2006, 09:15 AM
AngelaiDanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixierock88
I agree with you Michelle, season 6 was pretty crappy. The only good parts really were the episodes that Jess was in. I hate the way Rory used him in 6.18 though. The ending was so depressing for LL fans. I hope that she doesn't mess them getting back together up. Seeing it's the last season, I hope GG's good. But seeing how she'll be joining.. I'll miss you GG.
I know. Season 6 was already crappy as both a RJ and LL fan. I cant even imagine what Rina will do to keep LL apart for as long as possible. I wouldnt be surprised if she only gets them together in the last episode.

Thanks for the summary of Rina's work Michelle. Exactly why I dont trust her heading even a declining show like GG. I wish Everwood came back now that Rina is gone and GG is going to suck.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Cannot believe Rina is joining GG!!!!!!
| |
Old 05-25-2006, 12:30 PM
AngelaiDanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MòNicA~
Cannot believe Rina is joining GG!!!!!!
I know. I'm seriously thinking that it will be like season 6 of GG but without the comedic moments that made it worth watching.

On topic I found this pic of Emily and love it :

Old 05-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Angela I know, it's terrible
| |
Old 05-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree with you Michelle, season 6 was pretty crappy.
It was. The Lorelai/Rory separation worked my last nerve and had the critics pissed off, even LG pissed off, the Logan/Rory stuff was irritating, the slow progression of LL going down the tubes was draining, followed by the horrific ending of the season.. Just not a good season.

Quote:
The only good parts really were the episodes that Jess was in. I hate the way Rory used him in 6.18 though.
I agree. Jess was the only bright light in this season. And yes, I loathed the way Rory was towards him in 6.18.. God that was horrible..

Quote:
Seeing it's the last season, I hope GG's good. But seeing how she'll be joining.. I'll miss you GG.
I know.. I have literally already started to say goodbye to GG since this horrific development has surfaced.

Quote:
Why'd the show have to end? Berlanti.....
That's what's so heartbreaking. The show wasn't even close to ending and the very fact that Berlanti was coming back in so strongly makes this reality even more painful to deal with...

Regarding GG and Rina.. Rina had literally taken a still pretty decent show in Creek and destroyed it in season 5, took over Everwood in season 3 and did some stupid stuff but the point is, she was strongly involved when both shows were good and she messed with them. Think about how much worse her influence could be with GG whenever that show seems to have peaked and has decreased in quality to begin with?? That's a scary thing to think about.

Angela, thanks for the pic! She looks great there. Like always.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
It was. The Lorelai/Rory separation worked my last nerve and had the critics pissed off, even LG pissed off, the Logan/Rory stuff was irritating, the slow progression of LL going down the tubes was draining, followed by the horrific ending of the season.. Just not a good season.

I agree. Jess was the only bright light in this season. And yes, I loathed the way Rory was towards him in 6.18.. God that was horrible..

I know.. I have literally already started to say goodbye to GG since this horrific development has surfaced.

That's what's so heartbreaking. The show wasn't even close to ending and the very fact that Berlanti was coming back in so strongly makes this reality even more painful to deal with...

Regarding GG and Rina.. Rina had literally taken a still pretty decent show in Creek and destroyed it in season 5, took over Everwood in season 3 and did some stupid stuff but the point is, she was strongly involved when both shows were good and she messed with them. Think about how much worse her influence could be with GG whenever that show seems to have peaked and has decreased in quality to begin with?? That's a scary thing to think about.
I agree 100% with everything you said about GG Michelle.

Berlanti coming back next season is heartbreaking. I wonder if Rina hadn't come on-board, would EW still have gotten canned?

Rina going and joining any show is a scary thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB7becks82
I know. Season 6 was already crappy as both a RJ and LL fan. I cant even imagine what Rina will do to keep LL apart for as long as possible. I wouldnt be surprised if she only gets them together in the last episode.
I ship both of them as well, so I feel the pain. If she doesn't get them back together until the last ep, I swear I might throw my tv out the window.

the pic Angela.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:01 PM
AngelaiDanes

Quote:
Berlanti coming back next season is heartbreaking. I wonder if Rina hadn't come on-board, would EW still have gotten canned?
Ive been wondering that as well. I still think Dawn would have found any excuse to get rid of Everwood if she could. So I doubt it would have gone down differently. About the only thing different is Id be even more pissed it wasnt coming back because Berlanti's writing is so phenomenal.

Quote:
Rina going and joining any show is a scary thought...
It really is. I wish she would have gone to the dreadful 7th Hell and destroyed that show, not GG.

Quote:
If she doesn't get them back together until the last ep, I swear I might throw my tv out the window.
I will be royally pissed. That means were going to see a season of them single and being aloof about feelings just like Ephram/Amy or theyll be dating others (please not Deadbeat aka Chris) and denying their feelings for each other. I couldnt take it. I rather see their boring mundane married life over that lame drama.

I also ship them both, RJ and LL, and lets just say I got screwed this year. Thanks ASP. And if Logan and Deadbeat get anymore time next season I will scream.

Last edited by AngelaiDanes; 05-25-2006 at 07:06 PM

Old 05-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree 100% with everything you said about GG Michelle.
Thanks.

Re GG ships: I adore Rory/Jess and if Milo doesn't come back and they don't have a chance to end up togther, I want Rory single. I will puke if she ends up with Logan.

And it's LL all the way..

Quote:
I still think Dawn would have found any excuse to get rid of Everwood if she could. So I doubt it would have gone down differently.
I do as well. It's more than obvious this was all politically motivated and the more Dawn talks, the more she convinces everyone that this is the sorry truth. She is so pathetic.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:27 PM
AngelaiDanes

Quote:
GG ships: I adore Rory/Jess and if Milo doesn't come back and they don't have a chance to end up togther, I want Rory single. I will puke if she ends up with Logan.
Yeah I would love if Milo came back and Rory/Jess were rekindled. To be honest I am much more a LL fan than anything. If Milo declines I can be happy with Rory with no one. In my head she would end up with Jess anyway, I dont have to necessarily see it on screen. But I will hate if she ends up with Logan.

That being said as long as they manage to salvage LL next season, I dont care much what happens with Rory's romantic life. I can just pretend she dumped Logan's sorry a$$ later on off screen.

I agree Michelle. Its all politically motivated so Berlanti being there isnt the issue. In fact the ratings have been fine without him and he said he would come back next year. Its all stupid Dawn's fault. I hate her.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah I would love if Milo came back and Rory/Jess were rekindled. To be honest I am much more a LL fan than anything. If Milo declines I can be happy with Rory with no one. In my head she would end up with Jess anyway, I dont have to necessarily see it on screen. But I will hate if she ends up with Logan.
Wow. I know we have tons in common and we get along swimingly but I'm still amazed how sometimes I read your thoughts on something and I naturally start grinning like a fool because you literally put my thoughts down as well.

You completely summed up my thoughts on the romantic pairings of this show. I would love if Milo came back and Rory/Jess ended up together but even if it doesn't happen, in my mind the only guy for Rory is Jess anyway so I am satisfied. However, admittedly, I will NOT appreciate Rory ending up with Logan in any scenario. That's a fact. I will take two scenarios, Rory ending up alone or with Jess. Either one is fine because Rory/Jess is the only pairing for Rory. As a result, due to my confidence in this, I don't need to see it play out, either. But again, if sex crazed Logan and Rory end up together? I won't be too happy about that.

And yes, it's all about LL. This pairing desperately NEEDS to end up together and it better take place loud and clear, in bright shining colors ON THE SCREEN or else this series is a disaster if you ask me. It's bad enough what was shown at the end of 6. I have no idea what ASP was thinking in attempting to destroy her series with that disgusting bed scene. All I know is things better change and fast at the beginning of 7 or else I won't even be watching on my computer.

Quote:
That being said as long as they manage to salvage LL next season, I dont care much what happens with Rory's romantic life. I can just pretend she dumped Logan's sorry a$$ later on off screen.
Yep. Another option is just going with the natural assumption that Logan cannot keep his pants zipped for very long anyway so the minute RL have a fight, he will be bedding many others anyway. Because that's what he does. And he does it oh so well.

Quote:
I agree Michelle. Its all politically motivated so Berlanti being there isnt the issue. In fact the ratings have been fine without him and he said he would come back next year. Its all stupid Dawn's fault. I hate her.
Oh man, the loathing I have for this women is as deep as an ocean. It's neverending. I love the nice, big fat corner she is backing herself into the minute her stupid mouth opens up and says something else. She is nothing but a liar. I guess I just love the fact that she is painted so pathetically as a result and the CW network is already known as a complete joke. Yeah, like this network will ever be taken seriously.

I also wanted to say that Emily VanCamp is absolutely beautiful and the very best young actress out there. There, I said it.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-26-2006 at 06:43 PM
Old 05-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Mouse went crazy so a double happened, unfortunately.

However, I will use this post to ask a question...

What is your favorite Amy episode in each season?

Last edited by jediwands; 05-26-2006 at 06:45 PM
Old 05-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Pretty pic Angela!!

I don't think I ever posted here before... Why?

Icon by me
Old 05-28-2006, 09:27 PM
AngelaiDanes

Quote:
I know we have tons in common and we get along swimingly but I'm still amazed how sometimes I read your thoughts on something and I naturally start grinning like a fool because you literally put my thoughts down as well.
It is amazing.

Quote:
I will NOT appreciate Rory ending up with Logan in any scenario. That's a fact.
Same here. I could deal with Rory not ending up with Jess by the series end, but to have her with Logan or heaven forbid married or engaged to Logan I would have huge issues with. Especially after seeing LL get destroyed and on top of it Rory is with that arrogant a$$ forever. Gross.

Quote:
I will take two scenarios, Rory ending up alone or with Jess. Either one is fine because Rory/Jess is the only pairing for Rory.
Completely agree. I could also deal with her casually dating a new guy at the end and it ending with that up in the air depending on how I feel about the guy and the relationship. Its too late in the game for her to become entirely committed to a new guy but casual I could deal with.

Quote:
And yes, it's all about LL. This pairing desperately NEEDS to end up together and it better take place loud and clear, in bright shining colors ON THE SCREEN or else this series is a disaster if you ask me.
I know LG, ASP, etc. say the series is mother-daughter first and romance 2nd but whether they like it or not so many feel the series rests on LL and are more invested in that than anything, so if it doesnt end with LL (or even worse Lorelai ends up with Deadbeat ) I will feel hugely cheated and feel watching the series was a huge waste of time. And Im sure alot of fans feel the same exact way as me.

Quote:
Another option is just going with the natural assumption that Logan cannot keep his pants zipped for very long anyway so the minute RL have a fight, he will be bedding many others anyway. Because that's what he does. And he does it oh so well.
Rory will find some braindead spineless lame reason to forgive him for the millionth time. We need the old Rory back.

Quote:
I also wanted to say that Emily VanCamp is absolutely beautiful and the very best young actress out there. There, I said it.
She is. Definitely.

I actually loved her in "Pro Choice" because it was very Amy-centric and I loved how we saw Amy get passionate about something (besides boys) that others (Hannah) were discouraging her from doing and she still stuck with it.

Hello dawnie.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:51 PM
AngelaiDanes

A pic, Michelle. Love it.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It is amazing.
Yes it is! I love it so much.

Quote:
Same here. I could deal with Rory not ending up with Jess by the series end, but to have her with Logan or heaven forbid married or engaged to Logan I would have huge issues with. Especially after seeing LL get destroyed and on top of it Rory is with that arrogant a$$ forever. Gross.
Yep. So gross!

Rory/Logan lingering is just all the more horrific because of the fact that LL, the couple that IS meant to be, are in dire straits right now. As a result, it makes it that much worse having to endure Rory/Logan...

Quote:
Completely agree. I could also deal with her casually dating a new guy at the end and it ending with that up in the air depending on how I feel about the guy and the relationship. Its too late in the game for her to become entirely committed to a new guy but casual I could deal with.
I agree. For sure. The only other options for her (relationship-wise) are Jess and even Marty because they have an established friendship and it would be believable if they went into romantic mode fairly quickly because they already know each other. Or like you said, someone new but it would be not very serious and leaning more towards the casual side.

All I know is if Rory/Logan end up together it will be a major, major disappointment to me. I will never understand the why's behind it. I'm still not convinced of why Rory even loves him in the first place so I will never be okay with Rory ended up with him permanently.

Quote:
I know LG, ASP, etc. say the series is mother-daughter first and romance 2nd but whether they like it or not so many feel the series rests on LL and are more invested in that than anything, so if it doesnt end with LL (or even worse Lorelai ends up with Deadbeat ) I will feel hugely cheated and feel watching the series was a huge waste of time. And Im sure alot of fans feel the same exact way as me.
I agree. Sometimes it irks me to hear them talk about the series being mother-daughter first even though that's very true. However, the passion, the intensity, the very essence of what grabs the vast majority of GG fans is hands down, the LL love story. No question about it and it does frustrate me how some affiliated with the show downplay this by not necessarily fulling addressing it all the time. The facts are facts! Yes we love the Lorelai/Rory dynamic but LL are where the passion lies. No doubt about it. And yes, I completely agree that it will be a feeling of being incredibly cheated, even mocked and ridiculed if LL don't end up together. This series will have failed if you ask me and well, many, many fans of the show as well.

Quote:
Rory will find some braindead spineless lame reason to forgive him for the millionth time. We need the old Rory back.
I know she will. Sadly, the old Rory is long gone now. In fact, I don't even think we've seen the real Rory in a complete way since the moment she met Logan. His influence was that immediate. She turned from an independent thinker to a girl that desires some dependency and an almost rebellious attitude in many instances. I think the way Logan was introduce and within the circumstances that surrounded his pathetic introduction, ASP wanted to paint Logan and the Rory/Logan relationship in a negative light. That much was so obvious. And I still believe that is how they are generally being portrayed even now. I guess we have to just wait until it fizzles out. It certainly better because I will accept nothing less. They are so not meant to be and if, due to Milo's unavailability, they go with Rory/Logan as Rory's end all relationship I will not be too happy. It will not be believable to me at all.

Quote:
She is. Definitely.
Yeah.

Quote:

I actually loved her in "Pro Choice" because it was very Amy-centric and I loved how we saw Amy get passionate about something (besides boys) that others (Hannah) were discouraging her from doing and she still stuck with it.
That's an excellent, hey, choice. LOL I adored Amy in this episode. It disappointed me to hear some people say that Amy was too feminist and "wrong" just because she wasn't focused on Ephram 24/7. I loved how Amy strutted her independence and ability to think and feel on her own. It demonstrated how Amy can survive on her own and doesn't need to rely on guys or just others in general to have happiness. Hey, Rory should take a page out of Amy's book.

Angela, thanks for the Amy pick!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread