New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2019, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Oh, she really was. She was quite generally brilliant playing the depressed teenager. Having been a seriously depressed sixteen-year-old myself when I first saw season 2, it was like looking in the mirror. I've always been incredibly impressed with Emily capturing this so well when, judging from interviews, she was probably a pretty lighthearted, happy kid.
Yes, Leo. From everything I've read...she had a wonderful childhood with lots of siblings.

Leo, do you watch The Resident?
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Oh, she really was. She was quite generally brilliant playing the depressed teenager. Having been a seriously depressed sixteen-year-old myself when I first saw season 2, it was like looking in the mirror. I've always been incredibly impressed with Emily capturing this so well when, judging from interviews, she was probably a pretty lighthearted, happy kid.
So very true. Honestly, on any other network, at the very least, Emily gets nominated for an Emmy, and possibly wins. She was so good. Yes, I think anyone who suffers from depression or another form of mental illness can relate to Emily's portrayal and how very important mental health is... when it's out of balance, it can be devastating. Emily flawlessly portrayed this with pure brilliance.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Leo, do you watch The Resident?
Yes, I've seen season 1 and 2 (in full)... but to my knowledge, there hasn't been any announcement of season 3 starting in the UK yet. Which sucks because they used to be, like, only 2 or 3 weeks behind for the last seasons, I think.

I can't wait to see Emily on the screen again, because I just love her - but I cannot say that I've been impressed with the show so far, I forgot almost everything. Then again, I wouldn't dare claim I'm easy to impress, I haven't enjoyed any TV shows in a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
So very true. Honestly, on any other network, at the very least, Emily gets nominated for an Emmy, and possibly wins. She was so good.
Oh, absolutely! I would have totally given her an Emmy. She has been so much better than so many other performances that received a win.

Quote:
Yes, I think anyone who suffers from depression or another form of mental illness can relate to Emily's portrayal and how very important mental health is... when it's out of balance, it can be devastating. Emily flawlessly portrayed this with pure brilliance.
She really did. Until this day I would maintain that, unless one has experienced it themselves, it is nearly impossible to understand the overwhelming, paralyzing power of a mind blown out of balance - and I don't think she had experienced that (fortunately!), which makes it all the more impressive that she was able to not only understand, but capture it so perfectly at just seventeen years old. When I think back to my level of understanding of the world at seventeen... I was dumb as a slice of bread. That woman is a genius.
Abomasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, I've seen season 1 and 2 (in full)... but to my knowledge, there hasn't been any announcement of season 3 starting in the UK yet. Which sucks because they used to be, like, only 2 or 3 weeks behind for the last seasons, I think.

I can't wait to see Emily on the screen again, because I just love her - but I cannot say that I've been impressed with the show so far, I forgot almost everything. Then again, I wouldn't dare claim I'm easy to impress, I haven't enjoyed any TV shows in a very long time.
Everwood is a tough show to beat!

So...you're living in the UK now.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

I watched the first two seasons but ended up dropping it. It's just not my cup of tea, so I totally understand! If Emily wouldn't have been starring in The Resident I never would have checked it out even for a second. I never watched ER, GA, or any of the Chicago Shows. I just don't care for hospital/medical shows. I don't even really like police shows but watched Rookie Blue for Greg. But that was actually a pretty good show. Now, I know The Resident is good and has some quality, but the medical cases make me nervous and stressed (yes, this Research Psychologist has issues with Anxiety LOL). It became a chore to tune in. I love Emily but I just had to stop.

Quote:
Oh, absolutely! I would have totally given her an Emmy. She has been so much better than so many other performances that received a win.
100%. She deserved an award. I love how the critics all know this. Of course the Emmy's are all about the big networks which is ridiculous. No matter, the right people understand how great Emily was in this role. She lit up the screen.

Quote:
She really did. Until this day I would maintain that, unless one has experienced it themselves, it is nearly impossible to understand the overwhelming, paralyzing power of a mind blown out of balance - and I don't think she had experienced that (fortunately!), which makes it all the more impressive that she was able to not only understand, but capture it so perfectly at just seventeen years old. When I think back to my level of understanding of the world at seventeen... I was dumb as a slice of bread. That woman is a genius.
She is! She could have gone into professional dance but just stumbled upon acting... and knocked it out of the park. She is a natural. I wonder if she researched Clinical Depression before taking on Amy Season 2. She was marvelous, and like you said, the fact that she has never experienced depression herself (thankfully!) makes it even more amazing she nailed it.

Last edited by Auror; 10-24-2019 at 01:42 PM
Old 10-18-2019, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I wish ignorant people who are clueless regarding depression (and just think it’s something you can get over when you want to) understood this.

Last edited by Auror; 10-18-2019 at 08:17 AM
Old 10-20-2019, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

She’s so young here!

Old 10-24-2019, 05:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Everwood is a tough show to beat!
Hell, yeah, it is! That being said, Everwood is not the last show I actually enjoyed. I'm not that picky. It's obviously on top of the list and presumably always will be, but there have been some things I did enjoy. Just not in the recent past, and often more for their sense of humor rather than beautiful storytelling.

Quote:
I watched the first two seasons but ended up dropping it. It's just not my cup of tea, so I totally understand! If Emily wouldn't have been starring in The Resident I never would have checked it out even for a second. I never watch ER, GA, or any of the Chicago Shows. I just don't care for hospital/medical shows. I don't even really like police shows but watched Rookie Blue for Greg. But that was actually a pretty good shows. Now, I know The Resident is good and has some quality, but the medical cases make me nervous and stressed (yes, this Research Psychologist has issues with Anxiety LOL). It became a chore to tune in. I love Emily but I just had to stop.
I can relate, the hospital/medical focus isn't my thing either. Not because of the medical content, I am very much interested in medicine - but I would definitely prefer to read a medical encyclopaedia over seeing the topic slaughtered on ill-informed TV shows. But aside from that, I mostly don't enjoy these shows because I don't think medical facilities provide the right setting to tell a meaningful character-driven story; with all the distraction of constant medical catastrophes. Good storytelling doesn't need that, it is able to glorify the joys and tragedies of everyday life. And even if I am not much of a reader most of the time, I do expect a TV show to be as well-written as a good novel; the events they explore should have purpose and meaning within the story as a whole, and that' just not the case with medical or procedural dramas. Which doesn't mean I don't occasionally enjoy watching these shows, but for the most part they're literary candy - no nutritional value.

And I certainly have more than my fair share of experience with anxiety, so it makes total sense that you had to stop watching despite your love for Emily. I have pretty severe OCD, and the sequence in which they passed the germs on through the entire hospital was awful for me. Because I actually do see the world like that and have to try very hard not to - I don't need any reminders. It's one thing if there's a point to it, but there wasn't. I definitely would've stopped watching if that had become a regular thing, however much I love Emily.

Quote:
100%. She deserved an award. I love how the critics all know this. Of course the Emmy's are all about the big networks which is ridiculous. No matter, the right people understand how great Emily was in this role. She lit up the screen.
I had no idea that network politics would have been such a big factor in this; these things don't really make their way across the big pond; we don't have all the same networks. That's a shame. But I am glad that Emily's greatness was at least acknowledged by the critics.

Quote:
She is! She could have gone into professional dance but just stumbled upon acting... and knocked it out of the park. She is a natural. I wonder if she researched Clinical Depression before taking on Amy Season 2. She was marvelous, and like you said, the fact that she has never experienced depression herself (thankfully!) makes it even more amazing she nailed it.
You would think she had to have had some sort of knowledge about depression to do it as well as she did, so I would almost want to say she must have researched it. That or she had second-hand experience. Either way, she was amazing - and there should be so much more portrayal of mental illness on TV as honest as hers.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Hell, yeah, it is! That being said, Everwood is not the last show I actually enjoyed. I'm not that picky. It's obviously on top of the list and presumably always will be, but there have been some things I did enjoy. Just not in the recent past, and often more for their sense of humor rather than beautiful storytelling.
What other shows do you like?

Quote:
I can relate, the hospital/medical focus isn't my thing either. Not because of the medical content, I am very much interested in medicine - but I would definitely prefer to read a medical encyclopaedia over seeing the topic slaughtered on ill-informed TV shows. But aside from that, I mostly don't enjoy these shows because I don't think medical facilities provide the right setting to tell a meaningful character-driven story; with all the distraction of constant medical catastrophes. Good storytelling doesn't need that, it is able to glorify the joys and tragedies of everyday life. And even if I am not much of a reader most of the time, I do expect a TV show to be as well-written as a good novel; the events they explore should have purpose and meaning within the story as a whole, and that' just not the case with medical or procedural dramas. Which doesn't mean I don't occasionally enjoy watching these shows, but for the most part they're literary candy - no nutritional value.
So well said. I agree with your every word.

Quote:
And I certainly have more than my fair share of experience with anxiety, so it makes total sense that you had to stop watching despite your love for Emily. I have pretty severe OCD, and the sequence in which they passed the germs on through the entire hospital was awful for me. Because I actually do see the world like that and have to try very hard not to - I don't need any reminders. It's one thing if there's a point to it, but there wasn't. I definitely would've stopped watching if that had become a regular thing, however much I love Emily.
I'm so sorry you deal with OCD. It makes sense why that storyline bothered you. No, you certainly do not need any reminders!

I've always been a high strung type of person. I worry about things a lot. But my anxiety/panic really got started shortly after my mom passed away four years ago. I was with her when she passed. I developed PTSD/panic attacks as a result. I am already Introverted and hate going out very much but during my roughest moments I didn't want to go out AT ALL. I'm gradually getting better. We moved recently and it's helped tremendously (since she passed in the old house). The environment change has definitely helped even if I'm not totally back to normal just yet.

Quote:
I had no idea that network politics would have been such a big factor in this; these things don't really make their way across the big pond; we don't have all the same networks. That's a shame. But I am glad that Emily's greatness was at least acknowledged by the critics.
Precisely, and that's all that matters. Yes, network politics here is a big deal (which is so lame).

Quote:
You would think she had to have had some sort of knowledge about depression to do it as well as she did, so I would almost want to say she must have researched it. That or she had second-hand experience. Either way, she was amazing - and there should be so much more portrayal of mental illness on TV as honest as hers.
Definitely. I remember when Season 2 transpired and the critics were all talking about Emily and Amy's depression storyline. It was highlighted which was so great to see. Yes, you hit it... there absolutely deserves to be more honest portrayal of mental illness on our screens. More times than not, when TV shows go there, it's an over-the-top, unrealistic characterization and it's really disappointing.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
What other shows do you like?
Okay... this will be long - apologies in advance, I am a bit of a rambler when it comes to this stuff. Shows I like, well, it does mostly go along the lines of a good sense of humour, that's pretty key for me. Or gore. I enjoy gore way too much... so, it's probably a bit gore-heavy, too. I really loved Bones and Supernatural when they were still funny, and Scream Queens was surprisingly good considering I was too old to really get youth culture. But it was totally hilarious, really, so it didn't matter too much. And I loved (no gore!) Suburgatory and Raising Hope, because they've had me in constant giggle fits. Moone Boy was quite funny, too. So was How I Met Your Mother most of the time. And I recently discovered The Strain (no sense of humor, though...), because I am a bit awestruck by Guillermo del Toro's work - and it doesn't hurt that the main character's name is Ephraim. I am still on the fence as to whether or not I like it, though. I liked Resurrection. And I have been watching Stranger Things and American Horror Story - I find them rather bearable at times, although I don't really get the hype, to be honest.

But I know most of these aren't literary works of art - or even attempts thereof (which is fine, not everything has to be art). Wayward Pines seemed good at first and I would probably assign it to that category, but it was just too predictable, so my enthusiasm dwindled quickly. I also thought Humans and The Handmaid's Tale were quite good, but I lost my patience with both after the first season or two. Too depressing. I have enjoyed Big Little Lies, though, hard to watch as it was sometimes. And that's pretty much it in terms of more recent TV, I think, as far as I can recall.

But (and I know that's not particularly more recent than Everwood, but it was new to me) in my yearning for a good old-fashioned drama, I have ventured out and gotten myself the One Tree Hill box set a few years back. And, no, it hasn't blown me away (presumably because I was too old), and I am not particularly convinced by the writing, or the shameless commercial angle, but there are certain things that spoke to me. My best friend in high school was obsessed with basketball, and I was always playing with the boys during break times (and always, without failure, managed to sprain at least one finger; I was that bad at it), the only real job I ever had that I actually loved was tutoring, my favourite thing ever to do is sit in front of my sewing machines making clothes, I love to write, and since I was like eight years old until I was maybe 22, I've gone nowhere without my sketch pad. And I completely adored Lucas and Peyton - so, that's been nice. I find them very uplifting to watch. I've actually spent the last two weeks moping on the couch and watching nothing but Lucas and Peyton scenes 24/7; some in excess of 50 times - feeling better now.

Quote:
I'm so sorry you deal with OCD. It makes sense why that storyline bothered you. No, you certainly do not need any reminders!
Thank you. It's fine, though, no need to feel sorry. I've lived with this for so long, I've figured out ways to cope - compared to what it used to be, I am great, really.

Quote:
I've always been a high strung type of person. I worry about things a lot. But my anxiety/panic really got started shortly after my mom passed away four years ago. I was with her when she passed. I developed PTSD/panic attacks as a result. I am already Introverted and hate going out very much but during my roughest moments I didn't want to go out AT ALL. I'm gradually getting better. We moved recently and it's helped tremendously (since she passed in the old house). The environment change has definitely helped even if I'm not totally back to normal just yet.
I am so very sorry about your mother, I mean it. It sends me into a panic just thinking about what you must have gone through, my mother is my lifeline and I know I won't cope well without her. I have had times in my life where I refused to go out, or get up for anything for that matter, and I wouldn't wish it on anybody. So, yes, I am sorry - from the bottom of my heart. I'm glad it's improving, though, and fully appreciating the effort that clawing your way out of a pit like that takes, I am very impressed. I hope it just keeps getting better from here on out.

Quote:
Precisely, and that's all that matters. Yes, network politics here is a big deal (which is so lame).
That is lame... is that why the online streaming services are always so over-the-top excited when they win anything?

Quote:
Definitely. I remember when Season 2 transpired and the critics were all talking about Emily and Amy's depression storyline. It was highlighted which was so great to see. Yes, you hit it... there absolutely deserves to be more honest portrayal of mental illness on our screens. More times than not, when TV shows go there, it's an over-the-top, unrealistic characterization and it's really disappointing.
Oh, I wish I'd been around when season 2 actually transpired... those must have been the best of times for being an Everwood fan... you're lucky like that.
And a big to all that you said about the portrayal of mental illness on the screen. It's disappointing and unhelpful.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Okay... this will be long - apologies in advance, I am a bit of a rambler when it comes to this stuff. Shows I like, well, it does mostly go along the lines of a good sense of humour, that's pretty key for me. Or gore. I enjoy gore way too much... so, it's probably a bit gore-heavy, too. I really loved Bones and Supernatural when they were still funny, and Scream Queens was surprisingly good considering I was too old to really get youth culture. But it was totally hilarious, really, so it didn't matter too much. And I loved (no gore!) Suburgatory and Raising Hope, because they've had me in constant giggle fits. Moone Boy was quite funny, too. So was How I Met Your Mother most of the time. And I recently discovered The Strain (no sense of humor, though...), because I am a bit awestruck by Guillermo del Toro's work - and it doesn't hurt that the main character's name is Ephraim. I am still on the fence as to whether or not I like it, though. I liked Resurrection. And I have been watching Stranger Things and American Horror Story - I find them rather bearable at times, although I don't really get the hype, to be honest.
Interesting selections! Stranger Things, I watch as well. There's a lot of American culture in Stranger Things. The showrunners put in the 1980s culture so strongly it truly takes you back to life in the 80s. It is pretty amazing. I believe that's where the hype comes from. It's my favorite part of the series. But if you haven't lived the 80s in the US, I can see why it means nothing. LOL. I have a friend from Bulgaria who watched the first few episodes and had to drop it because she didn't understand the American culture references and it just didn't click for her. It doesn't mean you have to embrace or get the 1980s US culture either. I just think that's the added extra that people love and where the hype comes from. Even the background scenes of posters/pictures bring you back to that time period. The showrunners go out of their way to put in every little detail. I've never seen anything like it before.

Quote:
But I know most of these aren't literary works of art - or even attempts thereof (which is fine, not everything has to be art). Wayward Pines seemed good at first and I would probably assign it to that category, but it was just too predictable, so my enthusiasm dwindled quickly. I also thought Humans and The Handmaid's Tale were quite good, but I lost my patience with both after the first season or two. Too depressing. I have enjoyed Big Little Lies, though, hard to watch as it was sometimes. And that's pretty much it in terms of more recent TV, I think, as far as I can recall.
I'm going to put these on my list of shows to research and possibly check out.

Quote:
But (and I know that's not particularly more recent than Everwood, but it was new to me) in my yearning for a good old-fashioned drama, I have ventured out and gotten myself the One Tree Hill box set a few years back. And, no, it hasn't blown me away (presumably because I was too old), and I am not particularly convinced by the writing, or the shameless commercial angle, but there are certain things that spoke to me. My best friend in high school was obsessed with basketball, and I was always playing with the boys during break times (and always, without failure, managed to sprain at least one finger; I was that bad at it), the only real job I ever had that I actually loved was tutoring, my favourite thing ever to do is sit in front of my sewing machines making clothes, I love to write, and since I was like eight years old until I was maybe 22, I've gone nowhere without my sketch pad. And I completely adored Lucas and Peyton - so, that's been nice. I find them very uplifting to watch. I've actually spent the last two weeks moping on the couch and watching nothing but Lucas and Peyton scenes 24/7; some in excess of 50 times - feeling better now.
You need to post on the OTH thread on the board. The few of us that post on there regularly are diehard Lucas/Peyton fans. In fact, for me there's Ephram/Amy and then next is Lucas/Peyton. I LOVE this pairing. They have that similar magic/connection that Ephram/Amy have... no matter what, they are drawn to each other. I despised the triangle and need some antacids to endure Brooke/Lucas (definition of unhealthy!) but yes, Lucas/Peyton for the win! The show lost its heart when Chad and Hilarie left, but the Lucas/Peyton/family ending was everything. I was drawn to OTH because I played basketball throughout my childhood/high school and if not for my knees failing me (two torn ACL ligaments in each knee) I would have gotten a college scholarship in either soccer or basketball. A tough time in my life when I blew out my second knee midway through senior year (while playing basketball). So the basketball element is why I was drawn to OTH... then Lucas/Peyton is why I loved the series.

Quote:
Thank you. It's fine, though, no need to feel sorry. I've lived with this for so long, I've figured out ways to cope - compared to what it used to be, I am great, really.
That is great. You battled and you've overcome.

Quote:
I am so very sorry about your mother, I mean it. It sends me into a panic just thinking about what you must have gone through, my mother is my lifeline and I know I won't cope well without her. I have had times in my life where I refused to go out, or get up for anything for that matter, and I wouldn't wish it on anybody. So, yes, I am sorry - from the bottom of my heart. I'm glad it's improving, though, and fully appreciating the effort that clawing your way out of a pit like that takes, I am very impressed. I hope it just keeps getting better from here on out.
Thank you so much.

Quote:
That is lame... is that why the online streaming services are always so over-the-top excited when they win anything?
I think you hit it.

Quote:
Oh, I wish I'd been around when season 2 actually transpired... those must have been the best of times for being an Everwood fan... you're lucky like that.
And a big to all that you said about the portrayal of mental illness on the screen. It's disappointing and unhelpful.
Exactly. When and how did you discover Everwood?
Old 10-27-2019, 10:43 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Interesting selections! Stranger Things, I watch as well. There's a lot of American culture in Stranger Things. The showrunners put in the 1980s culture so strongly it truly takes you back to life in the 80s. It is pretty amazing. I believe that's where the hype comes from. It's my favorite part of the series. But if you haven't lived the 80s in the US, I can see why it means nothing. LOL. I have a friend from Bulgaria who watched the first few episodes and had to drop it because she didn't understand the American culture references and it just didn't click for her. It doesn't mean you have to embrace or get the 1980s US culture either. I just think that's the added extra that people love and where the hype comes from. Even the background scenes of posters/pictures bring you back to that time period. The showrunners go out of their way to put in every little detail. I've never seen anything like it before.
You're making a lot of sense, thanks for explaining. I haven't been around for the '80s, not really, and thus, I guess I don't know too much about them. I wouldn't say, necessarily, that being German would have been a problem, because we have had a huge amount of American influences in our culture for the longest time - quite possibly since WWII, and I never struggled to understand any cultural references in the American TV shows that covered my lifetime, but yes, the '80s weren't a part of that at all. I only vaguely remember the '90s.

Quote:
I'm going to put these on my list of shows to research and possibly check out.
They are all very depressing, though... not sure I'd really recommend it.

Quote:
You need to post on the OTH thread on the board.
I think it'll be best if I take this business right over there, actually, seeing as how far off-topic it is here. Well, later, got to make dinner... and binge watch more Lucas/Peyton scenes, because I'm not done moping after all. But I'll get back to this!

Quote:
Thank you so much.
You're very welcome.

Quote:
Exactly. When and how did you discover Everwood?
Late in 2005 - that's when it finally made it onto German TV screens. One network had bought the rights but never managed to find a slot for it, so they just kept it locked up for years. I had this friend from the Netherlands who was constantly raving about the show, and we had a nearly identical taste in TV shows, so when the ads finally came up, I knew I had to watch it. Fell in love with it right away when a boy appeared on the screen who dressed nearly the same way I did and had about as sunny a disposition as myself, too. And, although I hate how much the show was delayed, I guess it was quite lucky for me, because I was only 12 years old in 2002 and probably wouldn't have been able to appreciate the show the way I did at 15.
Old 10-27-2019, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You're making a lot of sense, thanks for explaining. I haven't been around for the '80s, not really, and thus, I guess I don't know too much about them. I wouldn't say, necessarily, that being German would have been a problem, because we have had a huge amount of American influences in our culture for the longest time - quite possibly since WWII, and I never struggled to understand any cultural references in the American TV shows that covered my lifetime, but yes, the '80s weren't a part of that at all. I only vaguely remember the '90s.
Makes sense. Do you watch any German or British shows?

Quote:
They are all very depressing, though... not sure I'd really recommend it.
Got it.

Quote:
I think it'll be best if I take this business right over there, actually, seeing as how far off-topic it is here. Well, later, got to make dinner... and binge watch more Lucas/Peyton scenes, because I'm not done moping after all. But I'll get back to this!
Sounds good!

Quote:
You're very welcome.

Late in 2005 - that's when it finally made it onto German TV screens. One network had bought the rights but never managed to find a slot for it, so they just kept it locked up for years. I had this friend from the Netherlands who was constantly raving about the show, and we had a nearly identical taste in TV shows, so when the ads finally came up, I knew I had to watch it. Fell in love with it right away when a boy appeared on the screen who dressed nearly the same way I did and had about as sunny a disposition as myself, too. And, although I hate how much the show was delayed, I guess it was quite lucky for me, because I was only 12 years old in 2002 and probably wouldn't have been able to appreciate the show the way I did at 15.
Definitely. What a story. Your friend from the Netherlands started your Everwood journey. That's neat. Jerry D (our Administrator) started mine. I met Jerry on the Dawson's Creek board and he told me there was a show called Everwood that I just had to check out. He explained how different it was from Dawson's Creek, it was Berlanti's baby, and the quality was off the charts. I checked it out and the rest is history.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Makes sense. Do you watch any German or British shows?

Got it.

Sounds good!

Definitely. What a story. Your friend from the Netherlands started your Everwood journey. That's neat. Jerry D (our Administrator) started mine. I met Jerry on the Dawson's Creek board and he told me there was a show called Everwood that I just had to check out. He explained how different it was from Dawson's Creek, it was Berlanti's baby, and the quality was off the charts. I checked it out and the rest is history.
Jerry got me to watch it too. All his raving had me furious.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Jerry got me to watch it too. All his raving had me furious.
That's hilarious, Shu.

When did you first tune in?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top