Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2018, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
I’ve been enjoying The Resident! So good to see Emily and Matt back on my screen. I think it’s also relevant to today’s world. Money seems to rule all our decisions, and it has become less about people and saving lives. And the show tackles some big issues!
It really does! I love the show, too! Sure hope the ratings go up!

ETA: I just realized that was a dumb question ^^^^. You must watch the show since you moderate it!
Old 02-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

It may be a turn off for some to see Conrad being a little rough and not the nice boy we know from Gilmore Girls, but that is what makes his character so good and have depth. Nic, Emily’s character, is also so good!
Old 02-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It may be a turn off for some to see Conrad being a little rough and not the nice boy we know from Gilmore Girls, but that is what makes his character so good and have depth. Nic, Emily’s character, is also so good!
I didn't think He was a nice boy on Gilmore Girls. I liked him more on The Good Wife.

Emily is always good!
Old 02-03-2018, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't watch every episode of Gilmore Girls, but I always felt he wanted to do right and be a good guy. He just was mixed in with the wrong people and his parents were not ideal role models for him. A young Oliver Queen reminds me of Logan's early life. Teenagers just having fun. lol He was immature.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Ugh!

Logan stan for life.

Sorry guys.

Anyways, I finally watched and it just made me love both Devon and Conrad so much. They really have the purest of hearts. I love how much he was fighting for Louisa. I also found that race Mina did as shocking and hilarious.

It was so great to see a face from Alias on this show. She really wanted to help Louisa, but she was up against a monsterous machine. I don't even think Lane tried to help that woman. She is so fake. Def my least favorite character. Atleast with Bell, he is having trouble coming to terms with his illness. He needs to step back from surgeries and just admit that his time being a surgeon is over. I think he is much better with administration at this point.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Anyways, I finally watched and it just made me love both Devon and Conrad so much. They really have the purest of hearts.
They really do. They have different personalities but you said it... purest of hearts they both have.

Quote:
I also found that race Mina did as shocking and hilarious.
I rewatched three times and laughed so much. Such a great scene because it's just so weird but comedic at the same time. LOL I really love this character.

Quote:
Atleast with Bell, he is having trouble coming to terms with his illness. He needs to step back from surgeries and just admit that his time being a surgeon is over. I think he is much better with administration at this point.
Yes, like I said up thread... sure it's tough to put away the scalpel, but it's not like he has to completely step away from medicine. He's an expert at reading scans/studying histories, and figuring out how to best operate. In fact, this is a vital part to the process and he can slide into this area immediately. Then he can give his cases to the correct surgeons like Mina. I have a feeling something really bad is going to happen which will force him to step down. Depending on how bad the mistake is, consulting might not even be an option.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I said that about Bell too. He has a great mind and so much experience, but he just can't do surgeries and operations with his hands anymore. I know he wants to save lives, but he isn't able to with his current condition. I also see his pride. That's tough to let go of.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

This show is a rollercoaster. I went from hating Bell to understanding him. But, full credit to Bruce Greenberg. He is such a powerhouse actor and has been for years.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I said that about Bell too. He has a great mind and so much experience, but he just can't do surgeries and operations with his hands anymore. I know he wants to save lives, but he isn't able to with his current condition. I also see his pride. That's tough to let go of.
Definitely tough to let go. You can tell he's the type that defines himself by success. Not in an outward way either for praise or ego, it seems very personal. I think the thought of giving up being a surgeon makes him believe he'll be less of a man (even less of a human). In his mind he's losing himself. Tough situation all around.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
This show is a rollercoaster. I went from hating Bell to understanding him. But, full credit to Bruce Greenberg. He is such a powerhouse actor and has been for years.
That's precisely where I'm at, too.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. I feel the same. It's sad to see how much he sees his worth through this job.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Really sad, indeed.

Hopefully we'll see more aspects of his life out of the office. Is he married? Children? We don't really know what the rest of his life is like.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand that Bell was a brilliant surgeon and has alot of pride. But...I really can't cut him any slack here because the bottom line is to save lives, and any person who's job it is to save lives should not take the chances he tries to take.
That is such being arrogant and selfish.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, that's why I said up thread it's such a dangerous situation he's in. He might accidentally kill someone while he works out his fear of giving up the surgeon tag. There are lives to consider for sure. I hope it doesn't come to something so devastating.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is definitely selfish, I agree.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread