Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2017, 09:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I finished watching The Girl in the Book film on Netflix.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafAngelboy23 (View Post)
I finished watching The Girl in the Book film on Netflix.
Did you like it? I saw the trailer and I am glad that Emily gets to play role like that, but the movie seemed too heavy and I was not in the mood for something like that.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Did you like it? I saw the trailer and I am glad that Emily gets to play role like that, but the movie seemed too heavy and I was not in the mood for something like that.
I thought it was not bad considering how much time they spent on filming this movie. Good actors but the script may be light on the subject matter. Serious things happened but the audience never got any chance to see directly in the movie. I think it's necessary to allow Emily to showcase something different from her familar TV roles. Personally I hate shaking camera technique but it's tolerable in this one. I thought what if someone write about 100 reasons why you should love Emily VanCamp?
Old 08-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Emily VanCamp Talks Marvel Universe, Sharon Carter & ‘The Resident’ | Deadline
Quote:
Emily VanCamp On New Fox Drama ‘The Resident’, Marvel Universe & Equal Pay – TCA

It’s been awhile since we last saw Revenge‘s Emily VanCamp at TCA. But the actress attended the bi-annual TV critics confab today for the CW’s 15th anniversary Everwood panel, and we caught up with her to chat about her new Fox series The Resident and whether Sharon Carter was returning anytime soon to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

It was announced in May that Fox picked up The Resident, the new-hour long medical drama that reteams VanCamp with her Revenge EP and episodic director Philip Noyce. The Salt director also helmed the first episode of The Resident, which was written by Amy Holden Jones, Hayley Schore and Roshan Sethi, and executive produced by Antoine Fuqua.

No premiere date has been set yet for The Resident, but January is a conceivable air time. While VanCamp has played both the girl and the assassin next door in Everwood and Revenge, respectively, she says about Resident: “I’ve never played a nurse before and while I can’t speak about my arc, she’s easily based off a real-life nurse who was a whistle-blower to a corrupt situation in a hospital.”

“That’s what drew me to her, when you’re working in the medical field, there’s so much at stake and to go up against these hospital CEOs and surgeons, everything is at risk if you expose it. I was always drawn to strong female characters,” VanCamp says.

Given the fierce debate over health care in America, VanCamp adds, “It’s really nice in this political climate to be part of something. At its core, it’s a discussion of how corrupt the medical system is in America and that spoke to me because in this time it’s nice to have a voice and speak up about things that are happening.”

Which brings us to Marvel. Moments before Revenge ended its series run on ABC in May 2015, news hit that VanCamp was reprising her role as Agent 13, aka Sharon Carter (and in the MCU, arguably she’s Peggy Carter’s grand-niece), in Captain America: Civil War following her debut in 2014’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier. But in regards to whether VanCamp will reprise again in Infinity War or a future TV series, VanCamp said, “No idea.” How about the Brie Larson feature Captain Marvel? “You guys put it out there,” she said, beaming.

“With Marvel, they can give you a call the day before you shoot. You don’t know what’s going on with their movies because they’re very secretive,” said VanCamp. Asked whether Sharon was ever going to join ABC’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., VanCamp says, “I think it was discussed, but I was working on Revenge at the time.”

VanCamp was also asked about equal pay for actresses, and whether she was ever in a situation where a male co-star with an equal part was paid more than her.

“I think since I was a kid, I always fought for equal pay, so I’m glad it’s at the forefront of discussion and I think slowly we’re starting to see a change,” says the actress.

“I’ve always been a feminist and I’ve always been for gender equality, and it’s always been at the forefront of my mind as a teenager. It only makes sense if things are fair.”
Old 08-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^^^^^^^^^^ Thank you for this!

Love that EVC is a feminist. I love her for multiple reasons (both on and off the screen) and this is one of them.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

so these pics

Spoiler:
Old 09-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the pics Shu! Anyone still remember when it was supposed to premiere the show? Was it mid season or I am just can't keep my facts straight.

I still want to check out the show. I can't decide if I will like it or not, but I have interest in checking at least the first 2-3 episodes.

Also we need to come up with a title because soon we might need to create new thread (let's hope so).
Old 09-18-2017, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Shu! I will definitely check out this show as well! Can't go wrong with Emily, and I really like Matt.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks, Shu!

I'm definitely checking this show out! Emily has chemistry with a wall, she's going to have chemistry with the charming Matt too! Can't wait!

Spoiler:

When is the premiere?
Old 09-18-2017, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Thanks for the pics Shu! Anyone still remember when it was supposed to premiere the show? Was it mid season or I am just can't keep my facts straight.

I still want to check out the show. I can't decide if I will like it or not, but I have interest in checking at least the first 2-3 episodes.

Also we need to come up with a title because soon we might need to create new thread (let's hope so).
Maybe the title could relate to the new show while somehow getting in something about EA maybe too, lol.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I believe its in march, but I will look it up for you guys. I was stunned at how I could feel the chem in pics.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I believe its in march, but I will look it up for you guys. I was stunned at how I could feel the chem in pics. spoiler tv just says midseason. So its either feb/march.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I believe its in march, but I will look it up for you guys. I was stunned at how I could feel the chem in pics. spoiler tv just says midseason. So its either feb/march.
Me too! You can definitely feel the chemistry. I can't wait!

Awesome, it'll be nice to start the show then. The 100 starts around then too. I'll deal with the comic shows before that time, lol.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

New thread soon!
Old 09-18-2017, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Okay, closing thread, new one up in a second!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread