Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thank you, GreyEyes, for the news about Emily taking part in The Beauty Book for Brain Cancer, she's such an angel, first she designs a shoe and now this, I admire that, it's really nice if you have the opportunity to do some good with your stardom.
100% agreed. Emily is perfect for this project, more for her inner beauty than her outer beauty, but obviously her outer beauty doesn't hurt since it's a book of photos. I liked all the shots of Emily with the hats on in the video. Cute and kinda vintage too! What a beauty.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Since Pro7 (a German TV broadcaster) showed the 2010 Ben Hur Miniseries on June 10th, amazon.de will be relasing the dvd set this week. Maybe somebody is interesting in buying it, I'm only telling you cos I didn't find anything about an American release - so it's my duty to inform you. Since I didn't watch it, I hope I find the time to do so on Monday. Critics are not good, but what do you expect from a tv movie that tries to remake a 50 year old classic movie? I didn't see the original Ben Hur, but I know what remakes do - but Emily is in it, so I have to watch it, no matter what. TV ratings were good, at least 2,3 million people saw Emily with black hair, and I assume 0,01 % did know that Emily was in it.

And one more good news for the German Everwood fans: At least amazon.de lists the 4th season dvd release for August 19th 2011 - that's a surprise, great news. I hope it's okay to put it in here.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 06-11-2011 at 04:32 PM
Old 06-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Matthias! That's great! Watch out for some local competition: that 0.01% of German fans who noticed Emily in the movie are going to be obsessed with her, guaranteed.

Let us know what you think about the movie...er, well, if it's not that good, at least what you think about Emily!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 06-12-2011, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
I didn't see the original Ben Hur, but I know what remakes do - but Emily is in it, so I have to watch it, no matter what. TV ratings were good, at .
I did see the original Ben Hur. It will be difficult to top Charlton Heston in that film...but then....the original didn't have Emily. I can't image her getting bad reviews.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I did see the original Ben Hur. It will be difficult to top Charlton Heston in that film...but then....the original didn't have Emily. I can't image her getting bad reviews.
If anyone ever did give her a bad review (which, I agree, isn't going to happen), we'd be on them thisfast.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

I finally did it, I watched my last Emily movie/eveything for now, only Norman left, I've got to wait for 3 month - how should I make it?

Ben Hur (2010)

I don't know the original movie, but I know what a film classics is and that a 2010 tv production that costs 22 million $ can't compete with the original, usually that's not possible, but it's done anyway. But to my surprise it was better than expected, though I didn't really know what to expect, I watched it for Emily, if she wasn't in it, I wouldn't have touch a tv remake. But I did and I can say that I enjoyed it. The last 90 minutes were better than the first half, the story is interesting, and when Judah returned home to Jerusalem we saw the duell between him and his old former friend Messala, that was really interesting to watch. Since Emily had only 3 small scenes in the first half of the movie, I of course was a bit disappointed, because she was credited no. 3, but her time definitely came, she was in every second scene in the second half, it was not perfect that her character was all sad and angry and desperate, poor Emily had to play that, but she did very well, I know that it was not her biggest role and I think since she played drama for 8 years on television she can do that in her sleep, but she did it in a nice way. Honestly without wanting to say something bad against Kristin Kreuk, think she's a nice woman, but I didn't feel that she did a good job, she had only a couple of scenes during the whole movie, but her performance didn't convince me. What else? The CIG of the pirat attack was average, but that was the only graphic that wasn't so good, the money was spent well in the settings. I know or better read, that they changed some things, the speed was often to fast so some scenes were simply too short (like the ending) and the Jesus factor was missing, my English is not that good (or let's better say it's an accoustic matter), so I read a summary of the movie piece by piece to be a bit ahead of what's going to happen and I had no problems, the story was kinda simple or easy to understand (but I think the book or old movie has more depth). That's it so far...

5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
If anyone ever did give her a bad review (which, I agree, isn't going to happen), we'd be on them thisfast.
No, this can't happen, I forbid that, whoever does say something against Emily will be punished in a medieval way.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 06-15-2011 at 01:22 AM
Old 06-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for you review, Matthias. So true about Emily being able to do this kind of thing with her eyes closed. Does the DVD have any extra features? Probably not, but just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias
I finally did it, I watched my last Emily movie/eveything for now, only Norman left, I've got to wait for 3 month - how should I make it?
Hopefully with a lot of information and pictures and interviews and reviews for Revenge! *crosses fingers*
Old 06-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Thanks for you review, Matthias. So true about Emily being able to do this kind of thing with her eyes closed. Does the DVD have any extra features? Probably not, but just curious.
The DVD was actually released in Canada back in April. You can buy it on Amazon.ca. I haven't bought a copy yet myself. Not really in any rush since I didn't think it was all that great. Probably will eventually though.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
You're welcome. From what I've read, it only contains a 7 minute making of. That's not much, but at least something more to watch.

Quote:
Hopefully with a lot of information and pictures and interviews and reviews for Revenge! *crosses fingers*
Yeah, hope for that too. Think I'll finally watch some Glory Days again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes (View Post)
The DVD was actually released in Canada back in April. You can buy it on Amazon.ca. I haven't bought a copy yet myself. Not really in any rush since I didn't think it was all that great. Probably will eventually though.
Okay, I never buy at .ca, so I didn't know that. Yeah, since I've already seen it I won't rush as well, but I'll buy it cos I need to have (almost) everything of Emily in my dvd collection - since she a bigger role than I expected it'll be worth it.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The last 90 minutes were better than the first half, the story is interesting, and when Judah returned home to Jerusalem we saw the duell between him and his old former friend Messala, that was really interesting to watch.
Matt, did this version of the film include the Chariot race? If so....how was it? The one in the original film was so realistic and outstanding.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Matt, did this version of the film include the Chariot race? If so....how was it? The one in the original film was so realistic and outstanding.
Hey, Betty. Yes, of course it had the famous (I think it is) chariot race at the end of the movie. It was not bad I think, okay. From your writing I think the remake can't keep up with the original, the crash and how Messla was ran down wasn't that good. I think you can do it better, as I said I read a bit about the movie and in the 1959 version there were 10 chariots or so and here only 5. It's definitely possible to do the race better, it wasn't that exciting to me, but I knew what was going to happen cos I was always ahead of the plot.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hey, Betty. Yes, of course it had the famous (I think it is) chariot race at the end of the movie. It was not bad I think, okay. From your writing I think the remake can't keep up with the original, the crash and how Messla was ran down wasn't that good. I think you can do it better, as I said I read a bit about the movie and in the 1959 version there were 10 chariots or so and here only 5. It's definitely possible to do the race better, it wasn't that exciting to me, but I knew what was going to happen cos I was always ahead of the plot.
The original race.....

Old 06-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
The original race.....

YT, who could've thought of that? Everyone else but me. Thanks, I'll try to watch it next days.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

You may remember who I sad I'm without Emily for months - today I got my copy of Redeemer from America (I bought it used from marketplace, so I thought it'll be from the UK), so I can watch that too. I'll watch it on the weekend, have to watch some more of my shows.

Ben Hur:

WOAH! WTF did they do with the remake? The 2010 race is much shorter, only 5 chariots instead of 7 or 8, today you can't make a race 10 minutes long, it has to be quick and done. The ridiculous thing was when I watched it, that the race was too short, 5 participants, 2 left the race after a short time, there were no rounds and how Messala got hurt. It was a spear fight, instead of the whip and Messala got overrun cos there was another chariot lying on the track and because of that Messala flew through the air (very bad CGI) and Ben Hur drove over him - that's new, in the original version it was done way better, the whole race is more dramatic, one thing I noticed right away: 1959 had no score, no, there was the race, racing sounds and that was it, for 9 minutes. Of course there was some epic score in the 2010. Okay, now I'm starting to hate the remake, but Emily is in it, I hope I never have to talk with her about the movie. If a 50 year old movie is better than a 2010 movie, there must be something wrong. Ordered my dvd, I'm a bit afraid of comparing the Esthers.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 06-16-2011 at 11:04 AM
Old 06-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
YT, who could've thought of that?
You'd be surprised what you can find on YT.

Quote:
WOAH! WTF did they do with the remake? The 2010 race is much shorter, only 5 chariots instead of 7 or 8, today you can't make a race 10 minutes long, it has to be quick and done. The ridiculous thing was when I watched it, that the race was too short, 5 participants, 2 left the race after a short time, there were no rounds and how Messala got hurt. It was a spear fight, instead of the whip and Messala got overrun cos there was another chariot lying on the track and because of that Messala flew through the air (very bad CGI) and Ben Hur drove over him - that's new, in the original version it was done way better, the whole race is more dramatic, one thing I noticed right away: 1959 had no score, no, there was the race, racing sounds and that was it, for 9 minutes.
The racing sounds added to the effect. This scene was much more spectacular on the large screen...a real classic.

Quote:
Okay, now I'm starting to hate the remake, but Emily is in it
That is definitely enough.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 06-16-2011 at 12:30 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread