Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

If you had asked me before today if I thought Emily would ever get a twitter account, I would have said probably never. Glad I was wrong.

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! Maybe I will go there. I would love to see how Emily finishes off this character.
It's worth watching her last two eps. Just try to ignore the bad wig they had her wear that made her forehead look weird.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Hey, everyone! I just started a campaign for Emily's new Fall show. If you're interested in getting the show a board, please join us here. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
Hey, everyone! I just started a campaign for Emily's new Fall show. If you're interested in getting the show a board, please join us here. Thanks.
Yeah guys, you can do that, Kiss of Death is not dangerous at all, I added my name and I'm still alive.

An interesting news and a big surprise for me. I try to be realistic about the success of the show, but that's great.

Quote:
CBS shows, Revenge and The New Girl leading new shows in international sales

On ABC "Revenge" is the top seller with "Good Christian Belles," and "Scandel" also front-runners.

Shows sold to Canada include "Revenge" "Pan Am" , "G.C.B." , "Whitney." "The X-Factor." "Scandal" "Terra Nova," "The Playboy Club" , Tim Allen comedy "Last Man Standing." "Alcatraz," "Person of Interest" and laffer "2 Broke Girls."
Old 05-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
No way? Cool!

I love her reason for joining: Since the world was supposed to end today and it didn't, I thought I'd start a twitter account. So. Here we go!

Good sense of humour. Also pretty cool that Tommy was one of the first to tweet her.

I've already bookmarked the link. Thanks, GreyEyes. Should be interesting to see what she does with Twitter, since it's usually not her style to be that open to everyone.

And thanks for the links, Matthias. I voted.
And it really is Emily too Paul Wasilewski(that's his real name) and Greg both welcomed her and are both following her as well. She only has a few tweets,but once her show starts airing,she'll probably be on there more.

https://twitter.com/gregorythesmith/...93252011130880
https://twitter.com/paulwesley/status/72306953556201472
Old 05-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes
It's worth watching her last two eps. Just try to ignore the bad wig they had her wear that made her forehead look weird.
Seriously? Why on earth did she have to wear that???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfs89 (View Post)
And it really is Emily too Paul Wasilewski(that's his real name) and Greg both welcomed her and are both following her as well.
That's so cute how Greg welcomed her.

Nice to know "Ephram/Amy" live on in the real world.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Since I know some of the people here live in Canada (like 'Tos ), thought I'd let you guys know that Revenge will be airing on Citytv this fall. Same exact night and time as the US.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes (View Post)
Since I know some of the people here live in Canada (like 'Tos ), thought I'd let you guys know that Revenge will be airing on Citytv this fall. Same exact night and time as the US.
Sweet! Thanks, GreyEyes. I'll probably just watch it on ABC anyway, but CityTV at least has a good quality HD feed. I gave on watching Chuck this season because the Canadian feed it was on was terrible quality. I want to see Emily in all of her HD goodness.

I can't wait to get the reviews for the show. From some comments on a board I lurk at from those who have seen it, people seem to like the show a lore more than expected.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Will it be airing anywhere else besides the US and Canada? Like Europe? I'm wondering if my European best friend will get it on her brand spanking new, huge flatscreen theater TV so when I go there a couple times in the next year, we can watch together.

However, she's beyond tech competent (Vidder/Software Engineer, Alex/France) and can find ways to get it on that screen regardless ( ) but just wondering anyway. LOL.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Seriously? Why on earth did she have to wear that???
She had dyed her hair at the time they filmed her last episodes. I guess she didn't want to dye it back just for two episodes and the producers apparently wanted Rebecca to still have blond hair, so they had her wear a wig . It was a decent wig as far as wigs go, but you could tell it wasn't her natural hairline and it made her forehead look strange.

Quote:
Will it be airing anywhere else besides the US and Canada? Like Europe?
So far I've only heard about Canada and Australia. Shows usually take longer to debut in Europe and South America. Not sure why.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you, GreyEyes, for the news about Emily taking part in The Beauty Book for Brain Cancer, she's such an angel, first she designs a shoe and now this, I admire that, it's really nice if you have the opportunity to do some good with your stardom. It's a couple of month until the release, so enough time for me to save some money.

Quote:
She had dyed her hair at the time they filmed her last episodes. I guess she didn't want to dye it back just for two episodes and the producers apparently wanted Rebecca to still have blond hair, so they had her wear a wig . It was a decent wig as far as wigs go, but you could tell it wasn't her natural hairline and it made her forehead look strange.
Yeah, now I remember, you told me that. But the funny thing is: I wanted to reply to Wilpen's question, but I though: erm, no, that can't be the reason why she had to wear that hideous wig. Yes, it is. Sounds ridiculous if you think about it, though I of course except Emily's decision not to die her hair back, but it's strange.

Quote:
So far I've only heard about Canada and Australia. Shows usually take longer to debut in Europe and South America. Not sure why.
One (not sure if the only) obvious reason is that in Germany, Italy and France, the English voices have to be dubbed into the different languages - and that of course takes time, you can't show a full season so soon, because the first season of "Revenge" f.e. isn't finished yet, and how could you show it in September in Germany? But I've no idea what about the Northern countries like Norway, Finland and so on, cos they use subtitles, that means you theoretically could show new shows earlier.

Of course that is a problem, the European fans have not only to wait for let's say at least a couple of month to one year to watch the season that was shown in the US. That's all I can think of now, of course the European countries only have a certain amount of spots to show new or older shows, and so they can't and won't show every show that exists.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
One (not sure if the only) obvious reason is that in Germany, Italy and France, the English voices have to be dubbed into the different languages - and that of course takes time, you can't show a full season so soon, because the first season of "Revenge" f.e. isn't finished yet, and how could you show it in September in Germany? But I've no idea what about the Northern countries like Norway, Finland and so on, cos they use subtitles, that means you theoretically could show new shows earlier.
That makes sense I guess.

I'd rather watch things with subtitles. I personally hate when movies are dubbed. I think it takes something away from the actor's original performance. Whenever I watch a non-english film, I always choose subtitles over dubbed.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I'd rather watch things with subtitles. I personally hate when movies are dubbed. I think it takes something away from the actor's original performance. Whenever I watch a non-english film, I always choose subtitles over dubbed.
I so agree with this. For example...the film "Life Is Beautiful"...I don't know if any of you have seen it. The original version is in Italian with subtitles. They remade it with dubbed English. The second version is not the same. I refuse to watch a film that is dubbed. The voices are so different...the father in the film...the adorable little boy...the new voices spoiled everything.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 06-07-2011 at 11:37 AM
Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Sorry for the Off-Topic, but I have to answer. Yeah, but you're American, most of the movies you watch and everything on tv and cinema is in English, the original language, you have that your whole life. But we poor European people can't chose to watch in the original language when we go to cinema (sure there is a possiblity, but you don't know my friends ^^) and on tv not. I also don't watch anything in German if I don't have to. Actually I must say that the German synchronisations are not always bad, there are great speakers, but that is with movies, tv could be really horrible if you compare.

@evewroodfan52: That's your story, I could give you an infinit amount of horrible dubs, just go to youtube, type in a show + German and you'll be glad not to understand what they are saying. f.e. Dexter or Mad Men really change the main character so much that it changes the way you look at him and of course the level of likability, MCH is such a nice guy as Dexter, but with this dark voice he sounds cooler, more manly and that doesn't work. I put links onto it, tell me what you feel. But don't blame me, that's how things are in good ol' Germany.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
I put links onto it, tell me what you feel. But don't blame me, that's how things are in good ol' Germany.
OMG, Matt. That is not Dexter!! I see what you mean!! The dubbing ruins everything!
I'm curious...does Debra curse as much in German as she does in English? Is the "F" word the same in all languages?
Old 06-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
OMG, Matt. That is not Dexter!! I see what you mean!! The dubbing ruins everything!
I'm curious...does Debra curse as much in German as she does in English? Is the "F" word the same in all languages?
Hihi, I warned you, didn't I? I can't tell you honestly, cos I never watched it in German, so I don't know if she curses at all. Okay, she does, but usually we don't have a strong word as the f-word, and usually if it is dubbed it's more like **** or damn or something like that. But yeah, it's even worse with comedy, but I think you're better off without knowing that or even watching it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread