Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias
I'm hoping for a soon release on dvd, if that is cleared and you guys say that it was a good movie (okay, I can see it in front of me ), than I can wait some more weeks. Don't let that stop you from having a great time with a hopefully great movie.
How can it not be a great movie with Emily in it? Okay, well, I guess it's possible. But Emily will be great, we know that for sure. Always a guarantee.

Quote:
And if I got you on the line: Could you be so kind to summarize, what Greg Berlanti had planned for a possible season 5? I read it somewhere around here, but I only remember that he had planned Ephram + Hannah and Nina beeing pregnant from Jake. Don't know if there was something more.
That's it in a nutshell. Madison was also going to return at the final episode of S4 instead of the Ferris Wheel, so Madison would have played a role too.

Pretty scary stuff, eh?

Quote:
Just a short offtopic (but we've got no news to talk about anyway): I always read what new shows are coming and so on, cos I like to keep my eyes open for new things to watch. And when I see what kind of actors get roles, then I sometimes think to myself: If this girl can play this role, how great could Emily be in the same role. That's not a 100 % fair, but I think she's more talented then some actresses that get chosen for tv-shows. So I think she'd definitely had a good chance to land a role.
I agree completely. I do the exact same thing! I'm all, "How is this actress getting a role and Emily isn't?" Honestly, Emily is gorgeous, extremely talented, can be funny or emotional or anything they need her to do, can't be all that expensive, and has tons of experience. Why wouldn't they put her on a show???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I kind of feel the same way as you do here, Matt. I'm interested in hearing which Emily story lines this season you disliked the most.
Agreed, I'd be really interested in that too.

Interestingly enough, we're just talking in another thread about who had the best stories throughout the show, and Ephram is the pick there too.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 02-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
How can it not be a great movie with Emily in it? Okay, well, I guess it's possible. But Emily will be great, we know that for sure. Always a guarantee.
I knew that this question would follow. Of course, if Emily has the leadrole in a movie, it can't impossible be bad, I wouldn't rate it under 5/10, never! But I just wanted to be fair, cos I always try to be a fair critic and even if there are some actors I dislike/really like, there's still the chance given, that I get not what I expected, of course no doubt that it'll be great.

Quote:
That's it in a nutshell. Madison was also going to return at the final episode of S4 instead of the Ferris Wheel, so Madison would have played a role too.

Pretty scary stuff, eh?
What the...? Madison would've returned and ruined the great ferris wheel scene? Now I'm as glad as you can be that the show was cancelled! Of course I love the cast, and season 3 and 4 were not bad at all, but not as great as season 1-2, so there is a saying ~ "leave while you can leave with good reputation" (sorry, sure it's not correct), those new idead would've just ruined Everwood!

Quote:
I agree completely. I do the exact same thing! I'm all, "How is this actress getting a role and Emily isn't?" Honestly, Emily is gorgeous, extremely talented, can be funny or emotional or anything they need her to do, can't be all that expensive, and has tons of experience. Why wouldn't they put her on a show???
I'm glad we feel the same way! I'm not saying that there are untaltended actors out there that get jobs or even lead roles on television, but ... Emily is better, I hope some stations see it the same way we do, I would like her to have a guest starring, I think that would be possible for her, even if she likes to make movies, because she only has to return for one week or so, I think that won't harm her.

Quote:
Agreed, I'd be really interested in that too.

Interestingly enough, we're just talking in another thread about who had the best stories throughout the show, and Ephram is the pick there too.
I'll have to think about it, I can't write it without thinking. I can give you a sneak peak, but I'm sorry, I'm really horrible with remembering if something happend in season 3 or season 4, cos I've only seen them kinda once. I disliked, that Amy was only the girl who chased Reid, that was her role, she didn't get a girlfriend at school, but they led her walk after her teacher, then they gave her the strange thing with the abortion clinic, oh lord, I was so angry, when Madame thought Harold would just jump and become a docotr there, because he had sooo much fun doing the abortion back in season 2. That's all I can remember, she was only there, she had no real own idead, yes, the ballet thingy, that was nice, but a bit thin for a whole season. I liked Ephram's story lines much better. For the rest I have to read through my season 4 reviews, I'll let you know the next days what I thought bout Amy in season 4, now it's hard to tell. And I swear, I love Emily and really like Amy, and I won't get angry at her without a reason.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey, guys It's been awhile.

I saw this threads and threads back but someone mentioned if Emily knew about evancamp.com? And she does When I met her back in 2007, I introduced myself and told her I ran Emily VanCamp Online and her reaction was, "Oh my god! It's so great to meet you!" and leaned in to give me a great big hug. She really appreciates all the hard work put into the site, most definitely. She thanked me and was a complete sweetheart, as you all can imagine.

The site turned 8 years old a few days ago. I never would've thought it'd have lasted this long, but it has and I am immensely grateful to everyone who has helped the site along over the years (submitted news, sent photos, offered to help in other ways, were cheerleaders and always believed in the site, etc). I got a lot of love and support from the posters here at FF, so thank you

I never gave an official announcement on the site about it, but I stepped down from being head webmaster over the summer. I was reluctant but it was finally time to let it go since I hadn't properly updated the site in years, not since I started college, anyway. It was a very difficult decision for me to do but it was the right one. The site will always be my baby, but that chapter of my life has closed. I did not want to close the site, however. I knew that wouldn't please anybody. So what happened was the next best thing.

The site is GreyEyes's now and it couldn't have gone to a more qualified and amazing person. When you joined the site a few years ago, you did not know anything about HTML or scripting languages but you were willing to learn. And now, look at you I am so proud and thankful of all the hard work you have put into the site over the past few years. When I decided to hand the site over to you, I knew it'd be in good hands. I would not have trusted it to anybody else. And you have shown how good you can take care of it. If you ever need anything, you know how to reach me

So that's that

Hee I heard today that Everwood S4 will be released later this year. Such good news

I hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Shriphie! It has been a while. Too long of a while!

Quote:
I saw this threads and threads back but someone mentioned if Emily knew about evancamp.com? And she does When I met her back in 2007, I introduced myself and told her I ran Emily VanCamp Online and her reaction was, "Oh my god! It's so great to meet you!" and leaned in to give me a great big hug. She really appreciates all the hard work put into the site, most definitely. She thanked me and was a complete sweetheart, as you all can imagine.
Aw, that's SO Emily, isn't it? You got a hug from Emily....A HUG! All the rest of us will have to sit here and jealous.

Thanks so much for all the work you did on the site, for having such a tremendous resource for Emily and thank you Grey Eyes for all the work you have done and all the work you are and will do on it too. We're glad that you two stop over every once in a while, because I definitely know I step over there a heck of a lot too.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 02-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Shirphie! It has been a while. Too long of a while!
I didn't know that the ownership has changed. But you both did / do a great job.

Quote:
Aw, that's SO Emily, isn't it? You got a hug from Emily....A HUG! All the rest of us will have to sit here and jealous.
Jealous? Of course, but how can say that he has a fan site of the star he just met? That's the best starting point for a short talk. But I knew that already, of course I read your article about your meeting back in 2007(?) where you posted a short article and a photo. But of course it is a dream to meet her someday, hope she one day shoots a movie in Germany or Austria.

Quote:
Thanks so much for all the work you did on the site, for having such a tremendous resource for Emily and thank you Grey Eyes for all the work you have done and all the work you are and will do on it too. We're glad that you two stop over every once in a while, because I definitely know I step over there a heck of a lot too.
That's really awesome, because if we didn't have your site, I had to look through internet everyday for 2 hours at least to find out if there was something new in Emily Country. And I think it's alright that you said that you have not really enough time to run a website and gave your "job" to GreyEyes, because it would've been a tremendous loss if you just had closed your beautiful website.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Too lazy to quote. Bear with me

'Tos - Something like 6 months?! I'll try to stop by more often from now on!!

If it's any comfort, I was too nervous to really enjoy the moment

Awww, and thank you! It's really been a pleasure

ForVanAngel - Thank you You've been a supporter of the site for a very long time and it's appreciated!

Yep, it was May 2007 I really hope you and others on this board get to meet her one day - she is as lovely in person as she is in interviews and such Germany or Austria!! You know, I feel one of the perks of being an actor is to get to travel around the world, whether for location shoots or promotional business, etc - you see so many beautiful places

Yeah, it really would have been. There aren't comprehensive Emily sites anymore and if I really had closed it, I know a lot of people would've been disappointed. I was lucky to find GreyEyes
Old 02-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Well, if you're not going to quote, I'm not going to either! No...I can't not quote, I have to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirphie
'Tos - Something like 6 months?! I'll try to stop by more often from now on!!
That would be great! Every 6 months is not enough! Even just to update us on how things are going, that would be enough.

Quote:
Yeah, it really would have been. There aren't comprehensive Emily sites anymore and if I really had closed it, I know a lot of people would've been disappointed. I was lucky to find GreyEyes
Exactly. Honestly, information on Emily is next to impossible to find without the site. Having a place to go where you can get everything at once is huge.

There's an article and a photo about your meet with Emily?!?! *goes to find it*
Old 02-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevotedEmilyFan (View Post)
ForVanAngel - Thank you You've been a supporter of the site for a very long time and it's appreciated!
Ahm, that's so nice of you. I don't know what to say.

Since I became an Emily fan back in 2005/06, I always looked on your site, not that I miss something, that'd be horrible. And did I mention that i just LOVE your nick name? WOW, that's perfect!!! I should have thought of that, but, yeah, now it's too late.

Quote:
Exactly. Honestly, information on Emily is next to impossible to find without the site. Having a place to go where you can get everything at once is huge.

There's an article and a photo about your meet with Emily?!?! *goes to find it*
And I do not really have an idea where I should look for informations that are not official ones. If you look for it, I don't know what to do, page 68 of the news or so, but the link is dead, so you can't read it.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
When you joined the site a few years ago, you did not know anything about HTML or scripting languages but you were willing to learn. And now, look at you I am so proud and thankful of all the hard work you have put into the site over the past few years. When I decided to hand the site over to you, I knew it'd be in good hands. I would not have trusted it to anybody else. And you have shown how good you can take care of it. If you ever need anything, you know how to reach me
Aww. You're making me blush . And we really have Fan Forum to thank for my joining the site. That's how we first got in touch if I remember correctly.

Quote:
If you look for it, I don't know what to do, page 68 of the news or so, but the link is dead, so you can't read it.
Hmmm. I think I might have forgotten to convert that page when I changed the whole site layout... Can't believe I missed that.

Tomorrrow I'll probably be posting a new still from Beyond the Blackboard. Emily's rocking the 80's hair . It's a cute pic of her character and her two kids.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes (View Post)
Hmmm. I think I might have forgotten to convert that page when I changed the whole site layout... Can't believe I missed that.

Tomorrrow I'll probably be posting a new still from Beyond the Blackboard. Emily's rocking the 80's hair . It's a cute pic of her character and her two kids.
No problem (I hope? ), maybe you can change that. But to be honest, I've no real idea if there are other dead links, I think some pictures work if you go back to the archive (= 70 news pages). Wow, but I'm looking so much forward for that picture, now I won't sleep again til I've seen that pic. Emily with perm? Or what is going on with her hair? I can only be better than her black hair (sorry, I'm no fan of that, at least from the pics I've seen, that's not fair, I know, but I can't really help myself).
Old 02-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes
Aieee, SO CUTE! If more pics like that come out, I'm not sure how we'll possibly be able to wait until April!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Aieee, SO CUTE! If more pics like that come out, I'm not sure how we'll possibly be able to wait until April!
That was exactly what went through my mind when I saw this awesome cut as heaven picture. Now I read what the movie is about in wikipedia, the movie takes place in 1987, the year I was born. Didn't know that! But I think end of the 80s is not as bad as middle of the 80s. And Emily will be a mami, how cute is that?

But I've got a question, as usual a väry strange one: Why is Emily's last name written "VanCamp" and not "Van Camp"? Cos I've never seen that, the soccer player Van Nistelrooy or the djs Paul van Dyk (since my name is a clever combination of his classics "For An Angel" and VanCamp ) or Armin van Buuren - they are officially spelled with a >>Van<< between the two other words. Just wanted to know why that is, cos I've absolutely no idea. But I always get angry if somebody misspells her name.

And another one: How long does it take for a HHOF movie - such as BtB - to be released on DVD? Cos I'm going to buy it, but I can't wait that long, cos if I order from America, than I'll have to wait let's say up to 4 weeks anyway. And that would drive me totally insane.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

Aw, Emily as a mommy? I can't even imagine. So young! I'm sure she can't imagine it either. Luckily she's such a great actress!

No idea why it's "VanCamp" and not "Van Camp". Just the way it is, I guess. I'm sure someone else will know better. I'm just glad that I've learned lately to spell it properly, because I used to spell it wrong ALL the time.

No idea on the DVD question either. Hopefully not long at all!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

what is this about Emily playing a mom?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 02-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
what is this about Emily playing a mom?
In her upcoming TV movie Beyond the Blackboard, Emily plays a young mother of two. If you want to read a really detailed description of the film, I posted one on the site last year. Just click here.

Quote:
And another one: How long does it take for a HHOF movie - such as BtB - to be released on DVD? Cos I'm going to buy it, but I can't wait that long, cos if I order from America, than I'll have to wait let's say up to 4 weeks anyway. And that would drive me totally insane.
HHoF movies are released on DVD the day after they air on TV. I personally plan on buying a copy the day after it airs at my local Hallmark store, since it's only about a six minute drive from my apartment . They also now make their movies available streaming online for a small fee at spiritclips.com. Their last movie, The Lost Valentine, is $3.99 right now. I would assume BtB will be the same price.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread