Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so happy to hear that there were some great Amy/Rose scenes There isn't enough of those. Can someone tell me what those scenes where about?

Hopefully I have time to update the first post tomorrow so if someone has any Reasons, fanart, links etc that I could add there, please post

Laura|
Old 04-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy
I'm so happy to hear that there were some great Amy/Rose scenes There isn't enough of those. Can someone tell me what those scenes where about?
The first scene was Amy asking Rose about fate and how maybe when she and Ephram broke up at the beginning of the year they were meant to be apart. Also, how fate made Madison and Ephram meet as well as how everything in her life was leading her to Princeton and how maybe she broke her fate by not applying. Then Rose said she didn't believe in that.

The next scene had Amy and Rose at a safety deposit box where Rose showed Amy an old, one way ticket to Rome. Rose was planning on flying off and become an art history student, hoping to work at a museum. She never told Harold, but the morning she was supposed to leave, he showed up on her doorstep and proposed. She made the choice not to go to Rome, but to stay with harold. Then Amy asked if she ever wondered what would have happened if she went to Rome.. to which she replied "I still have the ticket, don't I?"

Hope that is clear enough.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
Absolutely Noah..
Emily's acting was spot on, as usual. She was simply incredible in every scene.. Amy's scenes with Rose literally put me in a trance.. Incredible. Emily's last scene with Greg (as E/A, of course, lol), I have already gushed about. OMG, it was everthing and then more.. This girl is the best.
It's nice to see my (fantasy) wife getting such love here. She was quite excellent in last night's episode, wasn't she?
Old 04-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo3
Thank you! I agree with every part of your post. I mentioned the Season 2 feel for two reasons: Amy's physical appearance and Madison's presence. Lol. Still, I do agree that they knew what they were doing. Sometimes I feel the people over on Fanbolt are two harsh with their criticism of the show, because even if the episode is lacking, it is still a million times better then other shows, if just because the actors are so amazing. This episode, as I read on the discussion thread, infuriated you.. and it did the same for me at times, but the fact that a TV show can invoke that type of passion from someone is truly a clue to the show's greatness. To veer back onto topic: The characterization of Amy has, to me, been the most consistent of any character on the show. Maybe it is because, even if the writers stray slightly, Emily captivates us so much, we believe it is real.
Great post, Noah. I agree about fb. While I love that thread, yes, the critical nature over there is quite evident. What I do love is how passionate people are over there. If they weren't, they wouldn't be so critical, I suppose. lol Another thing I love is the median age over on the spec thread as being much higher, which is also a plus. But, I couldn't agree more that Everwood, even with it's only average episodes are still considered superb episodes compared to other shows, "supposedly" superb episdoes. Yes the actors on this show are priceless. Talent to the extreme with everyone on this show. Yes, I was quite infuriated with many parts of this past episode, as it was well apparent everywhere I posted. And yes, it's all about the passion.. Never have I cared so much about a show and all the characters involved.. This show never ceases to amaze me with its greatness.

WORD to your thoughts on Amy/Emily. Consistency is all about Amy and Emily's realness on the screen is as captivating as anything I have ever seen from an actor on any show. This girl brings it every, single time she graces the screen in such a natural way.. She makes you even forget that she's acting, and that speaks volumes as to how insanely talented she is.

Quote:
Emily captivates us so much, we believe it is real. I truly agree and sympathize with every emotion, word and feeling that had come out of her mouth in yesterday's episode. It was truly a beautiful thing to watch. She conveyed the emotion with subtlety and you could see everything she was feeling in her eyes. Beautiful work, Miss VanCamp.
Amen, Noah. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Quote:
It's nice to see my (fantasy) wife getting such love here. She was quite excellent in last night's episode, wasn't she?
Missed ya on the board last night, Alan.. Considering my anger towards some of the episode, I could have used your wit to lighten up the mood. But hey, it's here now and better than ever.

Lazy.. Noah perfectly explained the scenes, but all I'll add is that it was very heartbreaking to see Amy feeling intense hurt and panic over the Ephram/Madison meeting. I loved how Rose talked her down and was there for her in such a beautiful way that only a mother can be for a daughter. Regarding the ticket to Rome that Noah mentioned, I honestly think that could be some foreshadowing for a future episode. My prediction is that Amy will end up flying somewhere to go and look for Ephram in the finale.. Maybe Ephram takes off and Amy ends up going to find him.. Or, maybe E/A end up going off together? I don't know, I could be totally off, but there was way too much time spent on that Rome ticket scenario for Harold/Rose, IMO, and the parallel of Ephram showing up on Amy's door as Harold showed up at Rose's was dead on correct.. Something tells me that the ticket could be another foreshadowing clue for E/A.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-19-2005 at 05:47 PM
Old 04-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Regarding the ticket to Rome that Noah was talking about, I honestly think that could be some foreshadowing in a future episode. My prediction is that Amy will end up flying somewhere to go and look for Ephram in the finale.. Maybe Ephram takes off and Amy ends up going to find him.. Or, maybe E/A end up going off together? I don't know, I could be totally off, but there was way too much time spent on that Rome ticket scenario for Harold/Rose, IMO, and the parallel of Ephram showing up on Amy's door as Harold showed up at Rose's was dead on correct.. Something tells me that the ticket could be another foreshadowing clue for E/A.
I suggested over at Fanbolt that something like Ephram saying he is going to Europe, but in the end decide to go to Denver instead and Amy, trying to find him ends up going to Europe, but he isn't there.

It's a little farfetched, but I like the clues that they set up in the episodes.. and from what I saw, that ticket was a big one.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ahhh, I like that spec, Noah. Great thoughts. I think the entire point of the convo about the ticket and just Harold/Rose in general, is the theme about sort of taking fate into your own hands and out of love for someone, either preventing them from leaving or staying with them in general. Just following your heart and doing what your heart leads you to do. Indeed, that ticket was all about a clue.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ergo3 - thanks for explaining those scenes The safety deposit box scene sounds so sweet I love hearing Rose/Harold stories.

Wilpen - what a great post And yeah, people wouldn't be so critical if they didn't care about the show. I also like the fact that there are older people in the speculation thread, it makes the posts more enjoyable to read.

Re plane ticket: I agree that it could be foreshadowing but doesn't plane tickets expire after some time? If Rose bought the ticket before she and Harold got married, it must be almost 20 years old.

Laura|
Old 04-20-2005, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Wilpen - what a great post
Thanks so much.

Quote:
Re plane ticket: I agree that it could be foreshadowing but doesn't plane tickets expire after some time? If Rose bought the ticket before she and Harold got married, it must be almost 20 years old.
Yeah, that ticket would definitely be expired at this point. She definitely wouldn't use that, exact, ticket.. Hee. Rose's ticket represents more of a general foreshadowing that Amy might go and search for Ephram, if he does, in fact, take off for a while. Also, the fact that Rome was used, could be key in that Amy ends up going to Europe..
Old 04-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, that ticket would definitely be expired at this point. She definitely wouldn't use that, exact, ticket.. Hee. Rose's ticket represents more of a general foreshadowing that Amy might go and search for Ephram, if he does, in fact, take off for a while. Also, the fact that Rome was used, could be key in that Amy ends up going to Europe..
Okay, now I got it

Laura|
Old 04-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Okay, now I got it
Seriously, though, I've watched that scene about three times now, and I KNOW it means something. It has to. It was literally like they were beating us over the head with the E/A and H/R parallels (they have always done this) and this detailed explanation by Rose, combined with all the parallels going on that even came true in the episode, makes it seem very likely that this ticket is general foreshadowing for SOMETHING Amy might do in a future episode regarding her love for Ephram.. Searching for him.. I was quite pleased to see this conversation, that's for sure.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Seriously, though, I've watched that scene about three times now, and I KNOW it means something. It has to. It was literally like they were beating us over the head with the E/A and H/R parallels (they have always done this) and this detailed explanation by Rose, combined with all the parallels going on that even came true in the episode, makes it seem very likely that this ticket is general foreshadowing for SOMETHING Amy might do in a future episode regarding her love for Ephram.. Searching for him.. I was quite pleased to see this conversation, that's for sure.
Word Michelle. Also, it would seem quite OOC for Amy to just give up. When she wanted Ephram to tell her to give up in Season 1, I think she was overwhelmed. If he had said to, I doubt she would have really walked away from Colin. I think she was looking for just one person to tell her it was okay to still love him. I think Rose is going to be Amy's Ephram and tell her to go find him. Umm. Trying to stay out of certain areas is hard to do. *ponders how to word this* No matter what is going on, I think Rose will know that Amy's mind is still on Ephram and she will urge Amy to follow and go with her heart. I definitely see the plane ticket as forshadowing to Amy going off in search of Ephram. I hope I said that well.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo3
Word Michelle. Also, it would seem quite OOC for Amy to just give up. When she wanted Ephram to tell her to give up in Season 1, I think she was overwhelmed. If he had said to, I doubt she would have really walked away from Colin. I think she was looking for just one person to tell her it was okay to still love him. I think Rose is going to be Amy's Ephram and tell her to go find him. Umm. Trying to stay out of certain areas is hard to do. *ponders how to word this* No matter what is going on, I think Rose will know that Amy's mind is still on Ephram and she will urge Amy to follow and go with her heart. I definitely see the plane ticket as forshadowing to Amy going off in search of Ephram. I hope I said that well.
Noah, you said it perfectly. Couldn't agree more.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Everyone's comments have been great. I haven't got anything to add to this conversation as of yet, so I just popped in to say that everyone on this thread sounds in all ways smarter than I do. I'm not saying that everyone actually is smarter than me, but you all sound smarter than me...at the moment anyway.

Old 04-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Alan.. All I have to add is:
Old 04-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Heh. It's all a facade. Don't worry!