Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2016, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Edna can't help coming through all of Debra Mooney's role. Debra is probably a lot like Edna is real life.
For sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debra_Mooney

She has had very steady work too.

I didn't know she did some work on The Originals. I have never watched the series but know many who do.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Watching her on Everybody Loves Raymond again right now. She’s just so good in this episode. She doesn’t get a lot of lines but knocks what she gets right out of the park.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Favorite Edna scene?
Old 07-28-2019, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Favorite Edna scene?
My favorite Edna scene was in season one. I don't remember the episode, but it was the episode in which Amy's snobby friends uninvited Ephram to a party. Amy met her Edna in a diner and Edna set her straight about the situation. Amy realized her priorities. Good talk!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
My favorite Edna scene was in season one. I don't remember the episode, but it was the episode in which Amy's snobby friends uninvited Ephram to a party. Amy met her Edna in a diner and Edna set her straight about the situation. Amy realized her priorities. Good talk!
I love that scene! Wonderful choice. It was from 1.3 Friendly Fire. The Ephram/Amy banter was on fire. Loved Edna’s: "Spill it, Grover" and her cheating at Monopoly. Also, Irv getting her fries and getting Amy some ice cream.

I just realized Edna/Irv make fries a part of their relationship in season 1 and Ephram/Amy go there with the fries at the end of season 2.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love that scene! Wonderful choice. It was from 1.3 Friendly Fire. The Ephram/Amy banter was on fire. Loved Edna’s: "Spill it, Grover" and her cheating at Monopoly. Also, Irv getting her fries and getting Amy some ice cream.

I just realized Edna/Irv make fries a part of their relationship in season 1 and Ephram/Amy go there with the fries at the end of season 2.

You can't go wrong with fries. LOL
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You can't go wrong with fries. LOL
Haha, true.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Favorite Edna scene?
My favorite Edna scene was when Andy didn't want to perform an abortion on that girl who came to him, and Edna told Andy to ask Harold to do it, and he said that he already had, and Edna said "Ask him again." I thought that it was an incredible scene that spoke of how well she knew Harold, and why he would perform an abortion: because it was his way of honoring his late father.

That was a surprising role reversal for Andy and Harold: The Liberal New York Doctor refusing to perform an abortion and the Conservative Straight-Laced Small Town Doctor who would perform an abortion.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
My favorite Edna scene was when Andy didn't want to perform an abortion on that girl who came to him, and Edna told Andy to ask Harold to do it, and he said that he already had, and Edna said "Ask him again." I thought that it was an incredible scene that spoke of how well she knew Harold, and why he would perform an abortion: because it was his way of honoring his late father.

That was a surprising role reversal for Andy and Harold: The Liberal New York Doctor refusing to perform an abortion and the Conservative Straight-Laced Small Town Doctor who would perform an abortion.
Excellent pick for a scene. It was so well acted. The scene just came to life because Debra and Treat lit up the screen together.

I think it is one of the best episodes of the series. Role reversal, indeed. The episode is so well written, it doesn’t matter what your political preference is, you care about these characters so much it’s immaterial. You understand and embrace their motivations and behavior.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

"The Kissing Bridge" (1.4)

I loved Edna in this one. Edna was so sweet. "The cat's out of the bag. Looks like I've got feelings." I love that she was conflicted over being upset that they were tearing down the place where Harold Sr. proposed and they shared their first kiss, and feeling guilty due to her feelings for Irv.

Irv was also great in this one... "You wouldn't even be you without that nutter-butter son of yours, whom I happen to know means the world to you."

Harold and Edna at the end were just perfect. The kissing bridge represents the last bit of her relationship with Harold Sr, and when it's gone, she'll feel that he's really gone. She loved him so much, and she tells Harold before she blows the bridge up. The story is about delayed grief. It's not about moving on because one never does move on after a loved one passes. That is truth. And that's what makes the story so special.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-30-2019 at 10:09 PM
Old 07-31-2019, 07:24 AM
Administrator

That was such an incredible scene. It's so true that you never really move on after a loved one passes. Very well said Michelle. The acting and the stories on Everwood were unsurpassed.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That was such an incredible scene. It's so true that you never really move on after a loved one passes. Very well said Michelle.
Thanks, Jerry.

Quote:
The acting and the stories on Everwood were unsurpassed.
I've never seen better. We can talk about Season 1 Dawson's Creek being high quality, but does it remotely compare to what we received on Everwood? Different types of shows but honestly, Everwood knocks it out of the park. Everwood was so unique and special. I remember Tom Amandes talking about Dawn's reaction to the video Berlanti sent the CW to showcase Everwood. She couldn't relate to the quality, she wanted bubblegum teen drama, not the unreachable (to her tiny brain) special quality Everwood provided. Tom said she was determined not to take Everwood the second she viewed the video. She was a moron who didn't have a clue and her KARMA came later.

We were blessed with Everwood.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love when Edna shared stories about Harold Senior. You could tell she loved that man!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Me too. She certainly did. I wish we would have heard even more stories, especially Harold/Linda interacting with their mother and father.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Me too. She certainly did. I wish we would have heard even more stories, especially Harold/Linda interacting with their mother and father.
I feel like we got short changed when it came to Linda/Edna scenes. We barely saw them interact.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread