Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by @ L L S T @ R
Yankees all the way! Never a Met fan, lol.
Hmm, I smell a rivalry...My dad and brother are Yankee fans too.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MissCongeniality
Hmm, I smell a rivalry...My dad and brother are Yankee fans too.
bring it on!
but, honestly i have been barely following baseball this year. i have been soo busy. its just crazy, writing articles, covering events on campus, etc.

ot: so, i found out today that the trip to nashville i assumed i was going on, apparently they decided to send someone else. im kinda po about it, but in the end i really dont care.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 10-14-2004 at 08:22 PM
Old 10-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'll definitely bring it. I haven't followed baseball this year either. Usually I'm so much better about that, but it just really didn't matter anymore when my team was out of contention. That was pretty early too.
Sucks that the game got rained out tonight.
Quote:
ot: so, i found out today that the trip to nashville i assumed i was going on, apparently they decided to send someone else. im kinda po about it, but in the end i really dont care.
Well, it's good that you didn't make a big deal out of it. I'd still be dwelling on it, unfortunately.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Just got back from the concert. So fun. I posted my (sorta) rundown over at Gavin's thread so I'll just quote myself here:
Quote:
Hi y'all,
I just wanted to drop in and SQUEE about Gavin's show that I just got back from. It was at a bar so we all had to stand for the four hour show. If you're going to a show that you know is at a club, make sure you wear comfy shoes. (Lesson learned the hard way)
There were two opening acts for the show that started at 8, and Gavin wasn't on until 10:30. Well worth the wait, because he was phenomenal. I didn't notice my feet were throbbing. I don't even remember the order of songs (I might later), but cutest moments of the night:
* his "I wrote this song about drinking. It's pretty f*ed up."
* his rendition of "Sexual Healing", the guy was at least ten feet away from me. He's so hot. One girl in the group next to me quipped up,"Gavin, I want to make out with you."
* his laugh.
* his smile.

He did a signing at the end so that was another half hour wait (I had wait outside in the cold before the show, where it was drizzling for that long). Again, worth it. I was planning on telling him he was fantastic, but lost all ability to speak when it was my turn. "Hi, I'm Gavin," and shook my hand. I introduced myself and asked him if he could sign his picture and take one with me. I had just been packed in a room like a sardine for four hours so I wasn't really sure if the picture taking was a good idea.
Just glad that I got my first concert experience out of the way and I hope to see another show of his. I thought the songs I heard album-wise were good, but I definitely recommend seeing him live. He's perfect! I have to buy the album now.

OK, I'm off to have some sweet Gavin dreams. I hope to hear about everyone else's Gavin concert experiences soon.
The man is fly. He made a devoted fan out of me tonight. I stood for a total five hours.

OK, back on topic, sort of. My friend Kim was supposed to go to the show with me, but made other plans for tonight so I asked the guy that I have/had a crush on if he was interested. Maybe I asked him wrong (and since it was over IM that's possible) he got all quiet and didn't respond, so that was my answer. The feelings are so gone. I shall move on.

Kenny, I'm glad that you made a decision about the two young ladies. Good job.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
thats just too cool for skool.

Quote:
If you're going to a show that you know is at a club, make sure you wear comfy shoes. (Lesson learned the hard way)
that sucks.

Quote:
He did a signing at the end so that was another half hour wait (I had wait outside in the cold before the show, where it was drizzling for that long). Again, worth it. I was planning on telling him he was fantastic, but lost all ability to speak when it was my turn.
i got like that too when i met Ray Romano in Queens. it was just, i was speechless.

Quote:
My friend Kim was supposed to go to the show with me, but made other plans for tonight so I asked the guy that I have/had a crush on if he was interested. Maybe I asked him wrong (and since it was over IM that's possible) he got all quiet and didn't respond, so that was my answer.
well, that also sucks. im sorry. i guess he maybe just didn't realize what he had in front of his eyes. hes a bum, and you should find a guy that would jump at the chance to go out with you.

Quote:
Kenny, I'm glad that you made a decision about the two young ladies. Good job.
honestly, i haven't talked to the local girl in a week. so, i think thats over. as for dc girl, im seeing her this weekend.

kenny | credit
Old 10-19-2004, 02:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

Kenny, you must be loving the way this playoff series is going...
Quote:
hes a bum, and you should find a guy that would jump at the chance to go out with you.
Yeah, he is a bum. I actually had a great time by myself. I definitely should go for guys that will go for me. Easier than it sounds though.
Quote:
i got like that too when i met Ray Romano in Queens. it was just, i was speechless.
That's cool that you met him. I've lived in NY for 5 years and I have yet to meet anyone...Well, Don King, Felix Trinidad and Fat Joe visited my church once. One girl almost fainted. That was hilarious. I didn't go up to them though, of course. I hope that I'll fare better on Wednesday when meeting Theo (Timmy's not coming...weird ) and some dude named Dan. I have to make a sign with Theo's trademark, "Where's Timmy?"
Quote:
honestly, i haven't talked to the local girl in a week. so, i think thats over. as for dc girl, im seeing her this weekend.
Have fun.
Quote:
That was probably the funniest thing I heard the whole night.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:20 AM
Elite Fan

did you notice you and i are the only ones that post here?

Quote:
Kenny, you must be loving the way this playoff series is going...
yeah, im freaking thrilled.

Quote:
Yeah, he is a bum. I actually had a great time by myself. I definitely should go for guys that will go for me. Easier than it sounds though.
well thats good. i can't believe you ended up going by yourself. but, im glad you made the best of it and had a good night.

Quote:
That's cool that you met him. I've lived in NY for 5 years and I have yet to meet anyone...Well, Don King, Felix Trinidad and Fat Joe visited my church once. One girl almost fainted. That was hilarious.
lol, she really almost fainted. thats too funny. don king? that had to be pretty cool.

kenny | credit
Old 10-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
did you notice you and i are the only ones that post here?
Yeah, I was going to mention that last time. This thread didn't catch on the first time it opened, but it was like that over at the Six Degrees thread (which has fallen to the second page like this one did in Apr/May). I'm sure if we keep posting, people will wonder what exactly is going on in here and join us.

I have always enjoyed the post-season better than regular season baseball, because it matters more to the players. They put more of themselves out there and make it really fun to watch. I think it's bad to watch sports on TV with me around because I get really loud. Going to games live is fun too. I think the fans are one of the main components of the game. We rock!

OK, I have to ask you what you thought of that whole Pedro Martinez, "...I just call the Yankees my daddy," statement. I mean if you're going up against a team, you don't say that you can't beat them. I'm thinking that brouht the team morale down and Big Papi Ortiz had to bring it back up. These last two games that the BoSox won were fun to watch. Well, every Yankee game is like that, but I digress. I don't think Martinez should have said that, but I loved the fan response to the whole thing. With all those signs, I thought I was watching wrestling.
Boston is going to have a rough time tonight, because I know Yankee fans and they don't mess around when it comes to supporting their team.
Quote:
well thats good. i can't believe you ended up going by yourself. but, im glad you made the best of it and had a good night.
I was pretty surprised that I was able to do it. I was actually thinking of not going when I couldn't get you-know-who to go, but I would have regretted it. I made the biggest step that I could have in terms of showing him how I felt and I'm happy that I finally did it, AND got to see a kickass show as a reward.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Absolute Fan

I just thought I could drop by and say hi. Just that since I have no clue what you are talking about
Old 10-21-2004, 01:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey Excalibur!
Please feel free to jump in and chat anytime. Kenny and I have just been talking about life and all that it entails. Usually ranting/boasting about our celeb encounters. Tons of fun, and you should join. I'm going to have to plug this thread over at the JB and Pratt Pack threads

So I went to the comedy show with Theo from Road Rules and Dan, the-guy-I've-never-heard-of-but-thought-was-hot, from Your Face Or Mine (?!) and they were both really funny. They shot footage all around my school and asked a bunch of people questions. My big question was "How on earth did I not see Theo filming over at Memorial?!"
I made a sign saying "Where's Timmy?" and Theo signed it and took a pic with me. Then I went over to harass Dan, who signed my ticket and I gave him a hug. I went by myself (again) because my roomie Stef, who was supposed to come with me had to write a paper. I hope my pictures came out well, especially the Gavin DeGraw ones...Yo, I waited four hours for that!

OK, Kenny, your Yankees aren't looking too hot right now. Whatcha gotta say about that? (I know my team's already on vacation and being lazy bums, but that's not the point here. )

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 10-23-2004 at 12:46 AM
Old 10-23-2004, 03:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Alright, Candace, I thought I'd come over and say hello since you did some desperate plugging!

Kenny I think I love you for being a Yankees fan! Everyone here is all for Boston, and I'm going crazy...EVERYONE is rubbing it in that they won and i'm quite depressed! Me and my sister are the only fans in my family too, so me and my dad have been competing though this post season and he is probably the worst of all the rubber-in-ers....(just pretend that made sense, k? haha )

Anyway, yeah...so I'm happy to find another fan!

Old 10-23-2004, 03:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

Erin, bless you dear for humoring an old lady. Are you from NY too? I'm guilty of being a rubber-in-er ( ) but I take care not to do it to people that I'm trying to get to like me. My dad and brother can deal with it though. I'm a Met fan so I'm on the other side for most, if not all, of the season.

Please don't be a stranger. I will hunt you down.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:36 AM
Addicted Fan

Actually, I live in Arizona...I just love the Yankees....who knows why!? lol! oh wait...because they are AWESOME!

Yeah, the only time I was rooting against them was when they were playing the D-Backs...Gotta have state pride! After the Dbacks, they are my fave tho!
Old 10-23-2004, 01:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yes, state pride is very important. I wasn't born in NY so I feel kind of disconnected to our major team. This is also the dilemma that comes with having two teams. I know the Yankees are good. Everybody knows they're good. I've always just been a sucker for the underdogs. Plus, I know that I'm probably going to end up married to a Yankee fan, so I'm just trying to establish at least one difference between my soulmate and myself.

Wow, Arizona. Is it really warm there now? I was rooting for the D'backs back in 2001 too.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:03 AM
Addicted Fan

I hope I marry someone who roots for an opposing team...I love watching the game and "fighting" over who is winning or not...its fun! haha...as long as its not taken too far.

AZ is actually cooling down now with that big storm that was in CA coming through...It was in the 90/100s last week tho...Gotta love the desert!

Glad to hear you were rooting for the Dbacks! They are awesome! lol. Well...they would be more awesome if the powers that be would actually spend some cash to get back the good players...but i love them nonetheless...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread