Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2017, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
When they first started, I moderated the Dawson's Creek board there and I also moderated a board called the History board because I love discussing history, but then they wanted me to leave Fan Forum entirely and when I refused and I stayed on at Fan Forum and became the Site Administrator they banned me from the site. The former Administrators who formed Media Blvd turned out to be pretty malicious people who did everything they could to destroy us, but we persevered and we're still here and they're gone.
Wow, what was their stupid reason for banning you from the site?
Old 03-23-2017, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Awe, Jerry, thanks for sharing.

What a wonderful man your father was. Those examples tell the story about who he was as a person.

So cute how he teased Teresa. I feel like he knew she was the love of your life not only for the moment, but the long haul, and it was clearly his way of saying as much... he knew his son found someone who would make him happy and that made him happy.

How long did he know Teresa before he passed?

If I could ask... how did your parents meet, Jerry?
Yes, my father really was a wonderful man. I miss him and my mother terribly. I try to be kind to people like he was.

Teresa first met my father in 1990 when he came for a visit and we had just started dating. We got married in 1992, and he died in 1996. I chose our wedding date of May 2nd in honor of my parents because they had gotten married on May 2, 1953. Teresa and I got married on May 2nd 1992, so we'll be married 25 years in May.

My mother and father met at an Engagement Party in 1950. My father's first cousin was getting married to my mother's best friend, and they met at their Engagement Party. The party was at my mother's best friend's family's apartment in New York, and my mother left the party and went to go to her apartment to get something for the party to bring back (back then, people in their twenties lived with their parents until they were married) so my father offered to walk with her, and the rest, as they say, is history.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-23-2017, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Wow, what was their stupid reason for banning you from the site?
They never really gave me one. I think they wanted to destroy Fan Forum and take all of the key people there (and they did take a lot of people) but when I refused and stayed on and took over as the Site Administrator they were mad and they did all they could to destroy us and destroy me personally. Like I said, they turned out to be malicious people.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-23-2017, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's better than most. Man I go crazy on outlook. I like outlooks set up but the ads are all over the place. Yahoo is awful too.
I use outlook for work, but we have no adds so I have no problems with it.

Quote:
Exactly. But he shows it in spurts and in different ways. Like, he will talk to you and based on how he uses his words, you know when he's being caring and affection. However, he's not the type to run up to you and hug you. Although he tells Anna and Sara he loves them quite often. That shows the amount of love he has for his Grandchildren because it's so out of character for him, lol. But he does, he will tell them that (even on the phone) and hug/kiss them in person when he's saying goodbye.
Ah that's so cute! Yeah my father hugs only me, but as we don't talk over the phone we might spend months not talking to each other.

Quote:
Which one of us acts more like him as far as not as emotional? That would be Kris. Kris is that Capricorn/Aquarius Cusp. She's not overly affectionate unless it's with her children. But she's a bit more openly emotional than my dad. I am just nice, nice, nice without even trying (it's that Empath thing ) but as a rule, I look very closed off and shy. However, people take that as shy, not cold, because the Empath thing is attractive and they know this without even thinking about it as they pick up on my Energy.
This makes sense . People sense your Empathy so they don't see you as closed off.

People see me as closed off. With me happens similar to your dad. Most people in the beginning think that I'm cold, closed off and that I judge them (based on the way I look at them). And after getting to know me they realize that I don't look at them, I was looking at their direction while fully concentrated thinking about something .
Old 03-23-2017, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Since you're speaking about the subject of fathers, I'll tell you all a little bit about my father. My father was a kind and soft-spoken man who would go out of his way to help other people. I can give you all a few examples of how nice he was:

One of our neighbors had lost her husband under tragic circumstances, so my father would drive into New York to get her mother and bring her out to New Jersey so she could spend time with her mother, and then he would drive her mother back to New York when her visit was done, all without even being asked.

When I went to a reunion of people from my old neighborhood in The Bronx New York a few years ago, the older sister of one of my friends said that when she was in high school, she would be waiting on the subway platform to go home, and if my father, who worked at that Subway station, saw her when he was getting out of work (he worked until 3:30 back then) he would give her a ride home in his car, even though it was out of the way for him because we didn't live in The Bronx anymore at that point.
Ah that is so nice of him. Most people would not go out of their way to help people, but he sure did. I know that you are proud of your dad and you should be!

Quote:
My father was friendly, but he was pretty quiet, and he wasn't one to show affection, but you knew he cared. From the age of 10 on, my father wouldn't kiss me, and he would just shake my hand, and he'd never say I love you (after my mother died, when I would leave, I would say "I love you" to him, and he would just say "us too" in response). When he was dying, I was leaving to go back to Texas, and when I said goodbye, I shook his hand like always, but that one time, he kissed me. I knew then that he was dying because it took being near to the point of passing away for him to kiss me. He died the next month. I flew up to be with him for the last time and my sisters and I were with him when he passed away. He also didn't express affection, but you knew if he liked you if he teased you. When he got to know Teresa he would tease her about her "Texas coat" and her "Texas boots" (she didn't have either but she wore a long coat and boots when we visited New Jersey one Christmas) and I told her "see, he likes you, he's teasing you!"
Ah that's so cool .

In my family we don't usually say I love you to be honest. All three of us. We know it, but we do not say it. All three of us are not that affectionate when it comes to stuff like that. My parents are not into PDA either. They never were. We do support each other, but it's not in that obvious way. It's more subtle. You sense it in the way we talk to each other and act, not in our actual words.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, my father really was a wonderful man. I miss him and my mother terribly. I try to be kind to people like he was.

Teresa first met my father in 1990 when he came for a visit and we had just started dating. We got married in 1992, and he died in 1996. I chose our wedding date of May 2nd in honor of my parents because they had gotten married on May 2, 1953. Teresa and I got married on May 2nd 1992, so we'll be married 25 years in May.

My mother and father met at an Engagement Party in 1950. My father's first cousin was getting married to my mother's best friend, and they met at their Engagement Party. The party was at my mother's best friend's family's apartment in New York, and my mother left the party and went to go to her apartment to get something for the party to bring back (back then, people in their twenties lived with their parents until they were married) so my father offered to walk with her, and the rest, as they say, is history.
Like we've both talked about privately... we'll never get over the loss of our parents. Ever. It's a fact. I actually kind of like this fact to be honest. They are our parents, we are meant to miss them while we finish out of time on earth before reuniting with them once again.

What a beautiful story. They were so meant to be. Wonderful that Teresa and your dad had time to get to know each other too.

Really special picking your wedding date in honor of your parents. I know they are so proud.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They never really gave me one. I think they wanted to destroy Fan Forum and take all of the key people there (and they did take a lot of people) but when I refused and stayed on and took over as the Site Administrator they were mad and they did all they could to destroy us and destroy me personally. Like I said, they turned out to be malicious people.
They really sound like it. Now that I know the full story, I'm glad I never created a post there!

So why did that site shut down? Justice was served.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I use outlook for work, but we have no adds so I have no problems with it.
Your version must not be free? The free version has ads. However, it's not as bad as I'm making it. Especially since I really like everything else about it. The ads are on the right hand side. I just hate ads! Yes, I can pay to get rid of the ads but I rather not when there's other free services that are ad free.

I actually signed up for Zoho last night. LOVE it. No ads! You can get a personal email account or just a business one.

According to this site, it's ranked as the top free email service: https://www.lifewire.com/top-free-em...rvices-1171481

Quote:
Ah that's so cute! Yeah my father hugs only me, but as we don't talk over the phone we might spend months not talking to each other.

This makes sense . People sense your Empathy so they don't see you as closed off.

People see me as closed off. With me happens similar to your dad. Most people in the beginning think that I'm cold, closed off and that I judge them (based on the way I look at them). And after getting to know me they realize that I don't look at them, I was looking at their direction while fully concentrated thinking about something .
I wish I came across that way too... I wouldn't get so much of the strangers out of the blue walking up to me to start talking like we've been best friends for years.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Your version must not be free? The free version has ads.
It's totally possible as we use at work . And Germans are strict. They do not use licensed software without paying. We have the official business edition of Windows 7 so this means that we also get the business version of Outlook so yeah no adds for us.

Quote:
However, it's not as bad as I'm making it. Especially since I really like everything else about it. The ads are on the right hand side. I just hate ads! Yes, I can pay to get rid of the ads but I rather not when there's other free services that are ad free.
Some co-workers do not like Outlook and use Thunderbid - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Thunderbird.

Quote:
I actually signed up for Zoho last night. LOVE it. No ads! You can get a personal email account or just a business one.

According to this site, it's ranked as the top free email service: https://www.lifewire.com/top-free-em...rvices-1171481
Good you have to share your thoughts on it once you start using it!

Quote:
I wish I came across that way too... I wouldn't get so much of the strangers out of the blue walking up to me to start talking like we've been best friends for years.
. For me it's easy. I just need to think about something and then I kind of look standoffish. And I always think about stuff so easy job for me .
Old 03-24-2017, 05:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Like we've both talked about privately... we'll never get over the loss of our parents. Ever. It's a fact. I actually kind of like this fact to be honest. They are our parents, we are meant to miss them while we finish out of time on earth before reuniting with them once again.
When I pray everyday I stopped saying "May we get over their deaths" (I say we because I pray not just for myself but for anyone who's lost someone, and I always include your mother in my prayers) and I say "May we take their death in strides and be truly comforted in the knowledge that their souls are in a much better place than this world could ever be and in the fact that we'll all be reunited in Heaven some day."

Quote:
What a beautiful story. They were so meant to be. Wonderful that Teresa and your dad had time to get to know each other too.
Yes, I'm so happy that Teresa and my father got to know each other. In a way, we met through my mother though. After my mother passed away (she passed away on April 9, 1990 the night of her birthday) I went to a Happy Hour that my work had (this was in May by now) and Teresa was sitting next to me (we worked together but we didn't know each other because she worked on the second floor and I worked on the first floor and we never saw each other) and a lady that worked with her said to her "talk to him, he just lost his mother" so she came over to talk to me and we hit it off and we started dating.

Quote:
Really special picking your wedding date in honor of your parents. I know they are so proud.
Yes, that's so true. I think that my father was really happy that I picked their wedding date as my wedding date, although being his taciturn self, he didn't expressly say it. After my mother died, he sent me some pictures, and in the letter he sent with the pictures he said "your mother and I have always been proud of you." So, I guess I inherited the tendency to express how I'm feeling in writing more than expressing them out loud from him, although I do tell Teresa I love her every day.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:32 AM
Administrator

Koni, I want to thank you for answering some questions on the Moderators board about the problems that we're having. I appreciate it. Raonaild is working on the problem but it's proving to be a tougher problem than originally thought.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Koni, I want to thank you for answering some questions on the Moderators board about the problems that we're having. I appreciate it. Raonaild is working on the problem but it's proving to be a tougher problem than originally thought.
No problem! It was really quick search. It was just the first or the second article in simple Google search . At least with this I could help .
Old 03-24-2017, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
It's totally possible as we use at work . And Germans are strict. They do not use licensed software without paying. We have the official business edition of Windows 7 so this means that we also get the business version of Outlook so yeah no adds for us.

Some co-workers do not like Outlook and use Thunderbid - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Thunderbird.
Interesting! I have never heard of Thunderbird before! It's free too. I will check it out!

Quote:
Good you have to share your thoughts on it once you start using it!
I will.

Quote:
. For me it's easy. I just need to think about something and then I kind of look standoffish. And I always think about stuff so easy job for me .

What are you plans for the weekend?
Old 03-24-2017, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
When I pray everyday I stopped saying "May we get over their deaths" (I say we because I pray not just for myself but for anyone who's lost someone, and I always include your mother in my prayers) and I say "May we take their death in strides and be truly comforted in the knowledge that their souls are in a much better place than this world could ever be and in the fact that we'll all be reunited in Heaven some day."
Thanks, I include your parents too.

That's so beautiful, Jerry. I love how you worded it. It's just perfect because you feel at peace knowing they are doing just fine, along with understanding that we will be reunited as well. It's uplifting and makes me smile. I love it.

Quote:
Yes, I'm so happy that Teresa and my father got to know each other. In a way, we met through my mother though. After my mother passed away (she passed away on April 9, 1990 the night of her birthday) I went to a Happy Hour that my work had (this was in May by now) and Teresa was sitting next to me (we worked together but we didn't know each other because she worked on the second floor and I worked on the first floor and we never saw each other) and a lady that worked with her said to her "talk to him, he just lost his mother" so she came over to talk to me and we hit it off and we started dating.
Wow! I knew you two met shortly after your mother passed but never knew someone even told your wife to talk to you and stated your mother had just passed away. If that was not meant to be, I don't know what is. I know your mother understood what was happening too.

That's incredible!

Quote:
Yes, that's so true. I think that my father was really happy that I picked their wedding date as my wedding date, although being his taciturn self, he didn't expressly say it. After my mother died, he sent me some pictures, and in the letter he sent with the pictures he said "your mother and I have always been proud of you." So, I guess I inherited the tendency to express how I'm feeling in writing more than expressing them out loud from him, although I do tell Teresa I love her every day.
So beautiful. I can absolutely see the similarities between the two of you. How much better can it get having your father state that they have always been proud of their son? It doesn't get any better than that. So beautiful. They are watching over you every minute of every day.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Interesting! I have never heard of Thunderbird before! It's free too. I will check it out!
Yes it is .

Quote:

What are you plans for the weekend?
Relaxing. There are some problems at work so I might get called for work tomorrow. We have to wait and see. I talked to the team speaker and we decided that he will call me tomorrow if I am needed.

What about you guys? Anything interesting this weekend?