Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
The good thing is that I won't see them so it will be less intimidating . I will see only the people from our office .
Perfect!

Quote:
Well this is what we have discussed in the past with my project manager. But like I said nothing has been discussed further than that.
Got it.

Quote:
Well my parents were obviously proud and liked to hear that . Well we are not super close not because of something else, but due to age difference. Most of my cousins from my father's side (she is from his side) are like 10 years older. My father just got married later than his cousins . Plus we were living in different places when we were kids. So we haven't seen each other that much.
Makes sense. That's good though that you are friendly even if distance prevents you from being super close. How many cousins do you have on your dad's side?

Quote:
I hope so. The other girl is also Extrovert. She is just not in an annoying way, but she can get if she is surrounded by other Extroverts. Then she becomes typical loud Extrovert.
Got it. So maybe she will be influenced by her a bit. Too bad you couldn't room with a couple Introverted guys instead.

Quote:
But you have awesome childhood friends. Not all people are blessed to have that so that's still awesome. And like I said it's her loss.

By the way... I did get everything I needed to get done before our lunch/business meeting. I am home now. We still don't know what projects we will get though. We'll find out next week.

I just went through a coffee drive-thru... Caribou Coffee... anyway, I wanted a medium dark roast, just black... I pull up and the woman said it would be 2/3 minutes because they had to brew more coffee... she goes, "Since you have to wait, you will get your coffee for free." Then she offered me a free muffin while I waited. I told her due to dietary reasons I couldn't eat it. She then offered me apple slices with peanut butter. I accepted.

So I pull away from there with a medium dark roast, apple slices and peanut butter for free.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Perfect!
I forgot that I don't have access to our work knowledgebase. I had planned to work on some stuff during this extended weekend. I guess it won't happen. Oh well. I might start thinking about my presentation for May . Or just be lazy and do nothing .

Quote:
Makes sense. That's good though that you are friendly even if distance prevents you from being super close. How many cousins do you have on your dad's side?
Maybe about 7-8, but I don't know all of them. They are either 10 years older than me or like 7-8 years younger than me.

I have like 18 from my mom's side and I know like 3 .

What about you?

Quote:
Got it. So maybe she will be influenced by her a bit. Too bad you couldn't room with a couple Introverted guys instead.
That would be weird . Yes, they might influence each other in a way that I would find it annoying. Let's hope that I will have my own room.

Quote:

Quote:
By the way... I did get everything I needed to get done before our lunch/business meeting. I am home now. We still don't know what projects we will get though. We'll find out next week.
That's great. You will get told next week or you will have another meeting about this?

Quote:
I just went through a coffee drive-thru... Caribou Coffee... anyway, I wanted a medium dark roast, just black... I pull up and the woman said it would be 2/3 minutes because they had to brew more coffee... she goes, "Since you have to wait, you will get your coffee for free." Then she offered me a free muffin while I waited. I told her due to dietary reasons I couldn't eat it. She then offered me apple slices with peanut butter. I accepted.

So I pull away from there with a medium dark roast, apple slices and peanut butter for free.
Ah that's so awesome! So nice of the woman to do this!
Old 03-03-2017, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I forgot that I don't have access to our work knowledgebase. I had planned to work on some stuff during this extended weekend. I guess it won't happen. Oh well. I might start thinking about my presentation for May . Or just be lazy and do nothing .
You have off today and Monday too? Be lazy, that's so much fun!

Quote:

Maybe about 7-8, but I don't know all of them. They are either 10 years older than me or like 7-8 years younger than me.

I have like 18 from my mom's side and I know like 3 .

What about you?
Let's see:

I have two cousins from my dad's side. I wouldn't say we are close, close but we keep in touch a bit. Between the four of us (two cousins, me and Kris) we are separated by 7 years... My sister is the oldest, I arrived 4 years later, Jenny arrived 5 years later, Amy arrived 7 years later, lol)

Then on my mom's side which is a huge side:

Sharon, Sue, Joyce, Bernie, Mark, Laura, Linda, Karen, Craig, Mike, Lori...

So in order of age it goes: Sharon, Sue, Joyce, Bernie, Mark, Laura, Linda, Karen, Kris, Craig, Michelle, Mike, Lori ... Sharon is 15 years older than Lori and the rest of us are sandwiched in between, lol.

I'd say, cousin-wise, I'm closest with Sharon, Laura, Linda, Mike, Lori... same with my sister.

Quote:

That would be weird . Yes, they might influence each other in a way that I would find it annoying. Let's hope that I will have my own room.
Fingers crossed!

Quote:

That's great. You will get told next week or you will have another meeting about this?
Will be told next week.

Quote:
Ah that's so awesome! So nice of the woman to do this!
It really was!
Old 03-03-2017, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
You have off today and Monday too? Be lazy, that's so much fun!
Monday I'm at work . There are meetings planned with the co-workers from France, but I can skip them. The first meeting is about the product itself and I know it enough . The second one is about installing development tools and I won't work on this project in such capacity so I don't need it. I will use the time to prepare for the meetings on Wednesday and Thursday.

Quote:
Let's see:

I have two cousins from my dad's side. I wouldn't say we are close, close but we keep in touch a bit. Between the four of us (two cousins, me and Kris) we are separated by 7 years... My sister is the oldest, I arrived 4 years later, Jenny arrived 5 years later, Amy arrived 7 years later, lol)
Do they live in the same city?

Quote:
So in order of age it goes: Sharon, Sue, Joyce, Bernie, Mark, Laura, Linda, Karen, Kris, Craig, Michelle, Mike, Lori ... Sharon is 15 years older than Lori and the rest of us are sandwiched in between, lol.
Wow . Lots of cousins . I don't even the names of most of my cousins from my mother's side .
Quote:
I'd say, cousin-wise, I'm closest with Sharon, Laura, Linda, Mike, Lori... same with my sister.
Do the live close to you and Kris?

Quote:
Fingers crossed!
Thanks!

Quote:
Will be told next week.
I hope that will be the projects you want.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Monday I'm at work . There are meetings planned with the co-workers from France, but I can skip them. The first meeting is about the product itself and I know it enough . The second one is about installing development tools and I won't work on this project in such capacity so I don't need it. I will use the time to prepare for the meetings on Wednesday and Thursday.
Got it! What are you up to today?

Quote:
Do they live in the same city?

Every single one of my cousins live in Cleveland except for Mark, Laura, and Linda who live in Detroit which is only about 3 hours away from Cleveland.

Quote:

Wow . Lots of cousins . I don't even the names of most of my cousins from my mother's side .

Quote:

Do the live close to you and Kris?
Kris and I are separated from them since we live in Minnesota and they're back in Cleveland/Detroit. So by car we're about 11 hours away. As you know, we go back home to Cleveland fairly frequently though. When we go back, we always make sure we see as many of our cousins as possible. My one guy cousin, Mike is very good friends with my guy friend, Mike, haha.

Quote:
Thanks!

I hope that will be the projects you want.
Thanks.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Got it! What are you up to today?
Shopping in the mall. I bought two pairs of jeans and some black paints. I wanted to be prepared for the week trip .
Quote:
Every single one of my cousins live in Cleveland except for Mark, Laura, and Linda who live in Detroit which is only about 3 hours away from Cleveland.
So they are close to each other .
Quote:

Kris and I are separated from them since we live in Minnesota and they're back in Cleveland/Detroit. So by car we're about 11 hours away. As you know, we go back home to Cleveland fairly frequently though. When we go back, we always make sure we see as many of our cousins as possible. My one guy cousin, Mike is very good friends with my guy friend, Mike, haha.
That is so funny that your cousin Mike and your friend Mike are friends. Are they about the same age?

Quote:
Thanks.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Shopping in the mall. I bought two pairs of jeans and some black paints. I wanted to be prepared for the week trip .

So they are close to each other .

That is so funny that your cousin Mike and your friend Mike are friends. Are they about the same age?

We think alike in many ways. LOL. I would definitely be planning for the trip right now too. Do we go there due to our Introversion and just wanting to be in control of a new social/business situation?

Yes, my cousin, Mike, and my friend, Mike, are very close friends. My cousin Mike is two years younger than we are. They grew up playing soccer together along with my friend Mike just being a part of my family. So over the years he's been invited to many family functions. For example, we had our family reunion back in Western Pennsylvania and I invited Mike to come with us. He was in his element there, LOL. All of my extended family in Western Pennsylvania love him. My friend Mike was my cousin Mike's best man at his wedding.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
We think alike in many ways. LOL. I would definitely be planning for the trip right now too. Do we go there due to our Introversion and just wanting to be in control of a new social/business situation?
It could be our Introversion, but it's also the Earth in us I think. My mother is like you and me. She actually finds it quite normal that I am preparing myself. She is more Extrovert than you and me, but she is also Taurus.

Quote:
Yes, my cousin, Mike, and my friend, Mike, are very close friends. My cousin Mike is two years younger than we are. They grew up playing soccer together along with my friend Mike just being a part of my family. So over the years he's been invited to many family functions. For example, we had our family reunion back in Western Pennsylvania and I invited Mike to come with us. He was in his element there, LOL. All of my extended family in Western Pennsylvania love him. My friend Mike was my cousin Mike's best man at his wedding.
Ah that is so cool! Did they meet for the first time through you?
Old 03-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It could be our Introversion, but it's also the Earth in us I think. My mother is like you and me. She actually finds it quite normal that I am preparing myself. She is more Extrovert than you and me, but she is also Taurus.
Oh yes, I forgot about my Capricorn Sun. LOL

Quote:
Ah that is so cool! Did they meet for the first time through you?
Through me.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh yes, I forgot about my Capricorn Sun. LOL
Not sure what it is, but both of us are rushing into planning when we have things like that are not familiar. But I guess in the end the things turn out better than what we expected. Sometimes I think that planning kind of occupies our mind and this way we don't think about the unknown and forget the anxiety.

Quote:
Through me.
How did you meet your friend Mike the first time?
Old 03-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Not sure what it is, but both of us are rushing into planning when we have things like that are not familiar. But I guess in the end the things turn out better than what we expected. Sometimes I think that planning kind of occupies our mind and this way we don't think about the unknown and forget the anxiety.
Definitely.

Quote:
How did you meet your friend Mike the first time?
Preschool, lol. Not kidding. We were 3/4 years of age. Then we got lucky and were in the same afternoon Kindergarten class. Throughout elementary school we kept getting into the same classes as well. But yes, my mom and his mom knew each other from our preschool years. We had "play dates" as far back as 3/4 years of age. We just maintained a friendship all these years. Along the way, the rest of our close childhood group joined us as well. Actually, my friend, Katie was also in our Preschool class and the three of us went on "play dates" together too when we were 3-5 years of age.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What's everyone up to this weekend?

My dad and brother-in-law are putting in a new floor at my sisters. They've been working on this for about a month now, several hours on weekends, including planning, construction, installation. They will finish up tomorrow. My sister asked me to go with her to take my younger niece and two teammates to their indoor soccer practice tomorrow in West St. Paul. We'll drop them off at practice and then shop/grab a coffee while we wait. West St. Paul Dome is about 15 minutes from where we live. It's close enough where you could go home and back (although you'll be driving most of the time in that two hour period) but far enough where it's tempting to just stay in the area and hang out until the practice is over. So we'll just stay there and hang out until the practice is over. There's a lot of shops/restaurants/sportsbars in the area.

Tonight I'm watching Harry Potter (in the mood to binge watch some of the movies) and getting some work done. I mentioned tomorrow's plans. Sunday, I'm going on a two mile bike ride in the morning with a few people, maybe church before the biking, and then watching sports/working.

What about everyone else?
Old 03-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Preschool, lol. Not kidding. We were 3/4 years of age. Then we got lucky and were in the same afternoon Kindergarten class. Throughout elementary school we kept getting into the same classes as well. But yes, my mom and his mom knew each other from our preschool years. We had "play dates" as far back as 3/4 years of age. We just maintained a friendship all these years. Along the way, the rest of our close childhood group joined us as well. Actually, my friend, Katie was also in our Preschool class and the three of us went on "play dates" together too when we were 3-5 years of age.
Is Mike the fist one you meet and get close to out of your friends? I know that you were lucky to meet your friends very young, but would you say that it all happened with your friendship with him?

How did you meet Jill?
Old 03-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

My dad and brother-in-law are putting in a new floor at my sisters. They've been working on this for about a month now, several hours on weekends, including planning, construction, installation. They will finish up tomorrow. My sister asked me to go with her to take my younger niece and two teammates to their indoor soccer practice tomorrow in West St. Paul. We'll drop them off at practice and then shop/grab a coffee while we wait. West St. Paul Dome is about 15 minutes from where we live. It's close enough where you could go home and back (although you'll be driving most of the time in that two hour period) but far enough where it's tempting to just stay in the area and hang out until the practice is over. So we'll just stay there and hang out until the practice is over. There's a lot of shops/restaurants/sportsbars in the area.
This sounds like fun!

Quote:
Tonight I'm watching Harry Potter (in the mood to binge watch some of the movies) and getting some work done. I mentioned tomorrow's plans. Sunday, I'm going on a two mile bike ride in the morning with a few people, maybe church before the biking, and then watching sports/working.

Sounds like you have good plans for this weekend!

Today I was just lazy staying at home (not even showing my nose outside), reading fanfiction and listen to music. The Argentinian series that I watch published their new songs in youtube. So I had to look over 20 songs and I totally loved 7 out of them. So naturally I am now listening to them over and over again.

Tomorrow I will meet a friend and do some shopping. I'm in a search for some blouses for the trip.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:

I am meeting my good friend Nat and her husband Cory for dinner. Mom is going to stay with the kids while we have a sort of double date.