Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

County High Cafeteria #83 (General OT):Supermarket pickups or learning new stuff while dealing with the winter.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From the last thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Just got back from here:

We skated around and casually played a little hockey.
This is absolutely gorgeous.....
Old 01-22-2016, 03:52 PM
Addicted Fan

It really is! Do I see Amy & Ephram?

TFTNT!
Old 01-22-2016, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^ Ephram/Amy were present and accounted for only Ephram didn't wear any gloves and only wore a very thin jacket so he was eventually rushed to the hospital due to severe frostbite and the beginning signs of pneumonia.

Yes, this is why I like winter in Minnesota. You need storms, you need lots of snow to produce outdoor rinks all over the place. They are everywhere in the land of 10,000 lakes. So you need tons of snow, and the cold, to maintain.

TFTNT!
Old 01-22-2016, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're both welcome!!!!

Quote:
Ephram didn't wear any gloves
Of course he didn't.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
You're both welcome!!!!

Of course he didn't.
I said that because I remember back in the day you were complaining (in a fun way) how Ephram was from NYC yet didn't know how to skate or dress properly in the winter.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I said that because I remember back in the day you were complaining (in a fun way) how Ephram was from NYC yet didn't know how to skate or dress properly in the winter.
I know!

Do you realize how cold he is in this picture?

Old 01-22-2016, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

I remember when watching it I was wondering why the hell Ephram is without gloves and summer jacket .

Michelle sounds like you had lots of fun!

Yesterday I continued to read the book. . I'm on page 265. It would have been faster, but the book is rather old - for Android 4 and right now it's Android 6 and the examples needs some tweaking to make them work. And I had to browse in google for the answers. However I managed to do my first working mobile application. Actually I managed to do two.

The first one is simple one called Hello Android . It basically prints "Hello Android" on your screen. The second I did is a simple application that could turn on/off your ringer by clicking on button. I had problems with the second one because I couldn't make it work as widget (widgets are like background tasks that run on your home screen). I made another widget though so I guess there is something with this one that didn't want to work.

Now I'm doing TaskReminder application. We will see how this would work.

Last edited by secretk; 01-22-2016 at 11:42 PM
Old 01-22-2016, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
LOL! Yeah! You definitely have great visual memory. I don't have that at all... I have more hands on memory, I have to write it down, and I have to hear the material too, hear and see. I need all three functioning in order to learn.
I thought that I don't have it as well until it turned out that I have it, but only when it comes to things that matter to me. Like if you ask me the color of the shirt of someone I had been talking to. I will tell you no ****ing idea.

If it's about studying I remember it all.

At first my strategy included the hearing part as well. I had to read aloud all the material so that I could remember it. However at some point this put strain on my voice and I got tired easily. Plus when you live in the dorms with two other people and you all have exams in the same month, it's not very possible to read aloud. So I taught myself to use to greater extent my visual memory.

I still remember my math exam that I took after 7th grade. Once I got out I told my mother that I had done everything. I was completely confident that what I did was right . The funny part was that both of the geometry problems were somewhat reminding me of tasks I solved in the past.

The first one was reverse to a problem I had solved. Basically what was given in the problem in the exam was what I was trying to prove in the other task. And what was given in the other task was what I was trying to prove in this one. So I closed my eyes and knew tha this problem was the last one in the chapter, on the left page in the book in the middle of the page. Now generally speaking no one would think that this matters, but I have also great associative memory and if I can connect the dots like that the ideas come to my head and my Intuition guides me. So I started remembering this and ended up having the drawings associated with this task in my head. Then I remembered that I did some additional stuff to solve the problem and I did it in the exam and voila. I had it.

Btw I was right. I needed like few minutes to find it there and it was indeed there.

The second problem wasn't that straight. With my Intuition I have done half of the work, when I remembered about a math test I had solved in the past and there I had to do some additional stuff in the drawing as well. So I was sitting there like 5 minutes and this thought was constantly in my head - that I had to do this. So I did this because I was like "There is nothing to lose". And suddenly I had the answer.

I gotta be honest and say that I had 6 (A) in that exam thanks to my Intuition. My logical thinking was "I can't do it" for both geometry tasks, but my teacher had taught me to write everything I can think of if I can't solve it because this might give me points. Well I started thinking and somehow I ended up with two completely solved tasks. Though I needed hours to remember what I did there and explain it to my teacher .

It's why I am so fascinated with the brains working because right there in this exam I just realized how everything was so connected. How you can combine Intuition, Experience, visual and associative memory to bring something together. It was excilarating. One of the best days in my life. I swear. When I got out and my mother asked me how it went I was like "I did it". And I knew that I did it. The kids around were crying because it was so difficult and I was so proud of myself for doing it.

Quote:
Certainly if I want to get my doctorate of course. However, I am already talking with two classmates about taking another course after this one. It might just be because we've become friends and want to take it together, jk. No, that's not all there is to it. But my work pays for every course I want to take anyway so it's nice. Even if I get my doctorate, they will pay full tuition. It's nice.
What is the course you want to take? Wow awesome that your works pays for it. This is heaven. I mean you love learning new stuff in this area and they even pay you to do something you enjoy? Seriously heaven.

Quote:
Oh me too! In fact, most of the courses I've taken for undergraduate and graduate didn't have this great outline. Nope, you had to create your own study material via writing things down, etc.
Yeah it takes more, but I have to be honest and say that as a kid it was the only way I could learn - by writing it down on my own and reading it on my own. As I grew up I learnt to study without this part, but definitely my first strategy was the write down on my own stuff.
Quote:
I have to literally pretend like I am the only person in the room when I'm lecturing. It's hard but I have programmed my mind to tune out the audience for the most part. Well, of course until I have to answer questions.
Wow yeah . The thing for me is that the more nervious I am, the faster I talk. Oh it's coherent and it's true, but no one gets it because I say it too fast . And then I have to repeat it and I hate repeating stuff.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I know!

Do you realize how cold he is in this picture?

Look at Amy all prepared for the weather and Ephram looks like he's from The Sahara Desert and doesn't know any better.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Koni, you are cruising right along reading your book while tearing into the hands on stuff! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I thought that I don't have it as well until it turned out that I have it, but only when it comes to things that matter to me. Like if you ask me the color of the shirt of someone I had been talking to. I will tell you no ****ing idea.

If it's about studying I remember it all.
So funny you mentioned this! Sometimes my sister will ask me what my nieces were wearing to school. When I tell her I have no clue, she's astounded, she's like, "How do you not know, you were just with her?!" It happens all the time, lol. I have no idea, I will intimately be in conversations with them in the car, and I couldn't tell you what they were wearing. LOL

Quote:
At first my strategy included the hearing part as well. I had to read aloud all the material so that I could remember it. However at some point this put strain on my voice and I got tired easily. Plus when you live in the dorms with two other people and you all have exams in the same month, it's not very possible to read aloud. So I taught myself to use to greater extent my visual memory.

I still remember my math exam that I took after 7th grade. Once I got out I told my mother that I had done everything. I was completely confident that what I did was right . The funny part was that both of the geometry problems were somewhat reminding me of tasks I solved in the past.

The first one was reverse to a problem I had solved. Basically what was given in the problem in the exam was what I was trying to prove in the other task. And what was given in the other task was what I was trying to prove in this one. So I closed my eyes and knew tha this problem was the last one in the chapter, on the left page in the book in the middle of the page. Now generally speaking no one would think that this matters, but I have also great associative memory and if I can connect the dots like that the ideas come to my head and my Intuition guides me. So I started remembering this and ended up having the drawings associated with this task in my head. Then I remembered that I did some additional stuff to solve the problem and I did it in the exam and voila. I had it.

Btw I was right. I needed like few minutes to find it there and it was indeed there.

The second problem wasn't that straight. With my Intuition I have done half of the work, when I remembered about a math test I had solved in the past and there I had to do some additional stuff in the drawing as well. So I was sitting there like 5 minutes and this thought was constantly in my head - that I had to do this. So I did this because I was like "There is nothing to lose". And suddenly I had the answer.

I gotta be honest and say that I had 6 (A) in that exam thanks to my Intuition. My logical thinking was "I can't do it" for both geometry tasks, but my teacher had taught me to write everything I can think of if I can't solve it because this might give me points. Well I started thinking and somehow I ended up with two completely solved tasks. Though I needed hours to remember what I did there and explain it to my teacher .

It's why I am so fascinated with the brains working because right there in this exam I just realized how everything was so connected. How you can combine Intuition, Experience, visual and associative memory to bring something together. It was excilarating. One of the best days in my life. I swear. When I got out and my mother asked me how it went I was like "I did it". And I knew that I did it. The kids around were crying because it was so difficult and I was so proud of myself for doing it.
That's absolutely amazing. Here I sit with psychic abilities, including mediumship, but back when I was little I never used my intuition like that. I had empath stuff around me but back then it didn't register with me what was going on. It wasn't until later. I wish I would have been able to put it together because I think it would have helped with my social anxiety in the classroom.

Quote:
What is the course you want to take? Wow awesome that your works pays for it. This is heaven. I mean you love learning new stuff in this area and they even pay you to do something you enjoy? Seriously heaven.
It's a combination of an advanced statistical analysis and neuropathology course. Good stuff.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Koni, you are cruising right along reading your book while tearing into the hands on stuff! LOL
The book includes examples and code. If I read it without doing the code myself I won't get into it. The text is a combination of code examples and explanations about the examples and how they work. So if I want to really get the material I have to write the code.

Something is not working in the last example though so I will have to carefully check the code (and this time it's a lot) to see why it's not working.

And I have 80 pages to read, but I still think that I could manage to finish the book by the end of the weekend.

Quote:
So funny you mentioned this! Sometimes my sister will ask me what my nieces were wearing to school. When I tell her I have no clue, she's astounded, she's like, "How do you not know, you were just with her?!" It happens all the time, lol. I have no idea, I will intimately be in conversations with them in the car, and I couldn't tell you what they were wearing. LOL
Well I know that I couldn't care how someone is dressed. Or what is the color of the wall around me (as long as it's not dark). I find the conversation more interesting than the appereance. It explains why I dislike reading fiction. I can't stomach reading two pages about someone's appereance. I so don't care.

Quote:
That's absolutely amazing. Here I sit with psychic abilities, including mediumship, but back when I was little I never used my intuition like that. I had empath stuff around me but back then it didn't register with me what was going on. It wasn't until later. I wish I would have been able to put it together because I think it would have helped with my social anxiety in the classroom.
I think that we need time to fully grasp the working of Intuition. I didn't know as a kid that I'm intuitive. My Intuition however had guided me into some stuff. Like I knew that if some school problem is bothering me I have to pause a bit and then come back later to it.

For example if I had geometry problem to solve I would start with drawing which is normal. I would use all sort of different colors marking stuff there. There were cases where I would look at the drawing for like 20/30 minutes . At this moment I knew that I had to make a new one and start fresh.

I didn't like doing sports and playing with kids outside so I spent most of my time as a kid studying and in most cases this meant solving math problems. Like 3 hours of my day were spent solving math problems. In the weekend it was even more. I think that math is the thing that taught me everything I know . I don't regret going there to be honest.

Quote:
It's a combination of an advanced statistical analysis and neuropathology course. Good stuff.
Sounds intersting! Can you tell me more about it?
Old 01-23-2016, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
The book includes examples and code. If I read it without doing the code myself I won't get into it. The text is a combination of code examples and explanations about the examples and how they work. So if I want to really get the material I have to write the code.

Something is not working in the last example though so I will have to carefully check the code (and this time it's a lot) to see why it's not working.

And I have 80 pages to read, but I still think that I could manage to finish the book by the end of the weekend.
Wow. LOL

Quote:
Well I know that I couldn't care how someone is dressed. Or what is the color of the wall around me (as long as it's not dark). I find the conversation more interesting than the appereance. It explains why I dislike reading fiction. I can't stomach reading two pages about someone's appereance. I so don't care.
My sister has a photographic memory. It's why she could take advanced psychics, chemistry, biology courses at the same time and aced them. She just sees something, no matter what it is, and it's embedded into her memory. So it's not that she cares or doesn't care (in fact, most of the stuff she remembers she doesn't care), if she sees it, she remembers it. Her intelligence should be put on display, she's that smart. LOL She reminds me of Will in Good Will Hunting. She's that wicked smart.

Quote:
I think that we need time to fully grasp the working of Intuition. I didn't know as a kid that I'm intuitive. My Intuition however had guided me into some stuff. Like I knew that if some school problem is bothering me I have to pause a bit and then come back later to it.

For example if I had geometry problem to solve I would start with drawing which is normal. I would use all sort of different colors marking stuff there. There were cases where I would look at the drawing for like 20/30 minutes . At this moment I knew that I had to make a new one and start fresh.

I didn't like doing sports and playing with kids outside so I spent most of my time as a kid studying and in most cases this meant solving math problems. Like 3 hours of my day were spent solving math problems. In the weekend it was even more. I think that math is the thing that taught me everything I know . I don't regret going there to be honest.
You make a good point... my mind was on sports when I was growing up. It was my life, sports, sports, sports, that was the biggest part of my life and I'm sure my psychic abilities were brushed aside until later on when I had the time to deal with it.

Quote:
Sounds intersting! Can you tell me more about it?
Neuropathology is the study of disease of nervous system tissue, usually in the form of either small surgical biopsies or whole autopsies. Neuropathology is a subspecialty of anatomic pathology, neurology, and neurosurgery and this course includes exploring stroke, multiple sclerosis, brain tumors, Alzheimer's disease, cerebral palsy, brain malformations, and many other topics. The statistical analysis part is the lab part, is the application of formulas, theorems, numbers using psychometrics, learning theory and other methods of testings. So it's basically studying these areas and applying psychological tests. If I take the course I can update on what we study, how we study it, conclusions, etc. This is really my passion. It's why I am not sitting in a clinic seeing patients. I prefer getting in the trenches and learning about the brain, the disorders, the stats, how to properly analyze everything. I am most interested in WHY these disorders develop, where they originate, environmental versus biological, acquired versus genetic, etc.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-23-2016 at 08:41 AM
Old 01-23-2016, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Look at Amy all prepared for the weather and Ephram looks like he's from The Sahara Desert and doesn't know any better.
I guess his mommy used to tell him how to dress. lol Ephram had never ending blue lips while living in Everwood.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I guess his mommy used to tell him how to dress. lol Ephram had never ending blue lips while living in Everwood.

At least after a couple years he got a bit smarter and was wearing a hat and gloves when they all ditched school:

But then again Ephram and Amy left early to probably go make out and do some other stuff, lol, but maybe Ephram had anxiety due to being in the cold and had to get out of there due to suffering the effects years before.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread