Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
All age groups are welcome to the class and you're advised to do as much as you can. The majority of the participants are older, however...mostly people with bad knees or other physical disabilities. Our instructor has even had knee surgery.
That's great! Do you have to pay extra or is it part of your health club package monthly?

Quote:
We should definitely look into that.
We will.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
That's great! Do you have to pay extra or is it part of your health club package monthly?
I pay a monthly charge to belong to the gym.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I pay a monthly charge to belong to the gym.
That's a great deal then.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Addicted Fan

I really, really wish we had a private swimming pool. I love swimming but haven't been in probably 15 years (since before having kids). Well, I take that back - when we went to Louisiana when Nathan was almost two I got in the Gulf a couple of times but you couldn't really *swim* it was more just walking around in the water.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I would love to go to that area in Louisiana sometime!

I miss having Lake Erie in my backyard growing up. Our house was not all on its own but there was enough space between houses. As a result, you really had your own little beach and water area without feeling like you had to cross paths with the neighbors if you didn't want to. We had a dock and boat to take off in whenever we wanted to. It was the best.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think people's preferences vary regarding where they swim. Lots of people prefer a pool to an ocean or a lake.
Do you guys have preferences?
Old 06-25-2013, 06:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Sounds fabulous, Mich!

Our trip to LA was by far my favorite family vacation we've taken. It was just so relaxing and fun. We went with another couple that have a daughter Dana's age and a son a bit older. The kids played hard all day and then once they were asleep the adults would sit out on the deck and talk half the night. There was a little store within about a half block that sold frozen adult beverages so we'd walk over and get some drinks and just have a great time talking and not doing anything at all.

ETA - Betty, I prefer a pool for swimming because I don't like stepping on stuff I can't see but like I said, I haven't been in a pool in over a decade.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Your trip sounds fabulous, Taryn!

I prefer a lake because it's what I had in my backyward. lol It was also crystal clear, blue, water. It was lovely. I don't love going in the ocean. It's too loud, though I love watching the ocean from a distance. However, even if I know statistically a shark is not going to bite or come that close to the beach, it still happens and that fact scares me. I just feel nervous.

So I prefer a clear lake like Lake Erie or a pool.

Off topic, but I was texting with my younger niece just now. She scored a goal tonight at her soccer game and was telling me about it. She made me promise I would go watch her game on Thursday. We were saying goodnight. Both my nieces were just starting to watch Pretty Little Liars and she asked me why I didn't tell her I loved her. lol I told her I was sorry, I forgot to say that but that's mostly because I love her so much, sometimes it even goes without saying. It was all I could think to say and she goes, "Stop it, Aunt Michelle, I want to see the I love you when we say goodbye on text every time, please." It was so cute. Honestly, I think that was the first time I forgot to tell her that on text, on the phone or in person when we're saying goodbye. The first time, EVER, in over a decade and she nails me for it.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-25-2013 at 08:25 PM
Old 06-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
she goes, "Stop it, Aunt Michelle, I want to hear the I love you when we say goodbye on text every time, please." It was so cute. Honestly, I think that was the first time I forgot to tell her that on text, on the phone or in person when we're saying goodbye. The first time, EVER, in over a decade and she nails me for it.
That's adorable, Michelle. And...why didn't you watch PLL with them? Don't get behind again!!

Taryn
, we've got to get you to a pool!! It's time!! How about a nice family vacation?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Honestly, I think that was the first time I forgot to tell her that on text, on the phone or in person when we're saying goodbye. The first time, EVER, in over a decade and she nails me for it.
How precious though!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

Jerry glad that you are OK. Sorry that you are busy with work. I hope that soon it will be over.

Betty as a matter of fact I won't go to any group physical activity. I'm not good in practicing sports (I have no coordination) so if I go to such group I will need more time to get a hang of it and I will be always in the spot and I hate this. For that reason I won't go to swimming courses or dance courses or whatever. It's just not for me.

That being said I also avoid swimming pools. At least in my country there is enough bacterias in the water (there is of course in the ocean too, but there is some water movement there) and of course the chlorine they use. The bacterias give pretty good bladder infections (especially in dependence with some normal monthly body processes in the female body) and the chlorine pretty much f***s up my eyes. So no thank you. I stay away from them.

Aside this I've been about to almost drawn when I was a kid. I was pulled out of the water by my parents so this bothers me too. Either way swimming with a lot of people is so not my thing.

Michelle
your niece is so adorable! So cool that you have such relationship!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
That being said I also avoid swimming pools. At least in my country there is enough bacterias in the water (there is of course in the ocean too, but there is some water movement there) and of course the chlorine they use. The bacterias give pretty good bladder infections (especially in dependence with some normal monthly body processes in the female body) and the chlorine pretty much f***s up my eyes. So no thank you. I stay away from them.
Good point, especially about the chlorine. If we ever get a private pool (which probably is never going to happen, since we'd have to buy the lot of land next to us to even have room for one) I'd like it to be a saltwater pool instead of chlorine.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks, you guys. Yes, that is a story I will never forget. I will also never forget to say ILY to her ever again.

Quote:
That's adorable, Michelle. And...why didn't you watch PLL with them? Don't get behind again!!
LOL! They asked me to run over and watch with them but my brother-in-law had two friends over and I felt stupid ( lol) so I passed.

Yes, with public pools I've always wondered if the little kiddies were peeing in the pool and it grossed me out. lol
Old 06-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes, with public pools I've always wondered if the little kiddies were peeing in the pool and it grossed me out. lol
Why? It makes the water so nice and warm.

Quote:
Betty as a matter of fact I won't go to any group physical activity. I'm not good in practicing sports (I have no coordination) so if I go to such group I will need more time to get a hang of it and I will be always in the spot and I hate this.
Koni, I believe you would not have much trouble with the Aquacize. It's just basic exercise. And it's a lot easier to do because you're in the water..not as much pressure on the joints.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Why? It makes the water so nice and warm.

Though I'm sure when I was a little tyke, I could have done that too. I can't confirm or deny. LOL

Yes, for as Introverted as I am, I loved playing sports. I just think it was because it was my art. I have few talents but sports is one of them or the only one, haha. For that reason, I enjoyed being around people in order to go with some God-given ability. Does that make me a Sports Extrovert? Nope, just crazy.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread