Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
That sucks. Fingers crossed that there will be nothing serious.
Thanks!

Quote:
No here the thunderstorms are the dangerous thing. People shouldn't be on the street in this moment because they could be severely injured. And of course there is the money factor because a lot of technical widgets suffer from these storms. Luckily it's rare when there are casualties. Oh yes and of course people that live near by river could get flooded because here it rains a lot.

Luckily so far it's nothing serious here.
That's good and oh, it does rain a lot? Cool, I love rain.

Quote:
I'm having the beach/soccer trip this week so now I'm packing my stuff. Well we go there on Thursday but I prefer to handle it earlier because waiting till the last moment (just like I did for the technical seminar) wasn't optimal for me. I was too tired and I had to sleep only 4 hours to pack my stuff. So now I'm starting earlier.
That is good thinking. Where are you going? Sounds like fun!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)

That's good and oh, it does rain a lot? Cool, I love rain.
Well it rains and sometimes it's a lot.

Quote:
That is good thinking. Where are you going? Sounds like fun!
We go to Sunny beach. It's loud place with lots of hotels, preferred by young people. It's not my most loved destination, but I'm going with the soccer team and they chose this place so I have no choice. We will be big group - maybe over 20 and we will be there for 4 days. I hope that it will be fun.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That place looks absolutely gorgeous.

I think I got caught up in the "soccer" part of it. I forgot about our Introversion... yes, it is 4 days so it also could get a little too long. I think you will be fine and it will be fun, even if it's not your desired choice. Man, looks gorgeous though! If you have to sort of drift away on your own for a while, do it. lol I know I would find a way to go there even if it was overall a fun time. Are you staying in a room with others or will you have your own room?
Old 06-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

The weather is atrocious. It's so humid and I have a sensitivity towards humidity. It seems like a heatwave and hopefully it will get a bit milder. I'm getting stuff ready for the trip to the cottage so i think relaxing by the water should be a lot of fun.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I am with you... I have a major sensitivity towards humidity!

When are you leaving for the cottage? Relaxing by the water sounds like so much fun. I wish I was back in Cleveland on Lake Erie right now. I grew up in a home in Cleveland that had Lake Erie in my backyard. I remember feeling so peaceful hanging out in the backyard. As a result, being around water in general or even the "thought" of being around water, always calms my mind. Minnesota has endless lakes (nickname, 'The Land of 10,000 Lakes') but I still haven't found a favorite spot. Not like what I have back home in Cleveland.

Oh and for me, it has to be a Lake that brings me peace. Oceans are too loud and make me nervous with the sharks. I love my Lake Erie.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-24-2013 at 12:29 PM
Old 06-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I am with you... I have a major sensitivity towards humidity!

When are you leaving for the cottage? Relaxing by the water sounds like so much fun. I wish I was back in Cleveland on Lake Erie right now. I grew up in a home in Cleveland that had Lake Erie in my backyard. I remember feeling so peaceful hanging out in the backyard. As a result, being around water in general or even the "thought" of being around water, always calms my mind.
I'm leaving on June 30th. I leave Sunday and will be there until the 3rd.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I'm leaving on June 30th. I leave Sunday and will be there until the 3rd.
When do the kiddies come home? With you or will they stay longer?
Old 06-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
When do the kiddies come home? With you or will they stay longer?
I'm bringing them home once the holiday is over.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I'm bringing them home once the holiday is over.
Cool! What are they doing up there now? I bet they are having so much fun.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That place looks absolutely gorgeous.

I think I got caught up in the "soccer" part of it. I forgot about our Introversion... yes, it is 4 days so it also could get a little too long. I think you will be fine and it will be fun, even if it's not your desired choice. Man, looks gorgeous though! If you have to sort of drift away on your own for a while, do it. lol I know I would find a way to go there even if it was overall a fun time. Are you staying in a room with others or will you have your own room?
Yeah, it will be overwhelming for me for sure because there will be some new people that I don't know that are with the team. And this means meeting new people and I get drained from such experiences.

I will bring my mp3 player with me though and music and the sea will help me to enter my own world when I need it.

I'm in a room with two other coworkers. We scored some promotion for 4 stars hotel with all inclusive. The compromise is that we are in 3 beds room, but hey we get the nice hotel and the nice place for really low price. Beggars can't be choosers. Here you could see pictures of the hotel. It looks good for the price of 25 $ per night.

Shu it sounds like you will have good weekend on the cottage!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Cool! What are they doing up there now? I bet they are having so much fun.
They have been swimming in the lake up there and playing in the woods and doing all sorts of fun kid stuff with their cousins.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:33 AM
Addicted Fan

I found this article to be an interesting read about the strange weather patterns we've had the past 3/4 years.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for that article, Taryn! It makes so much sense why the weather has been insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koni
Yeah, it will be overwhelming for me for sure because there will be some new people that I don't know that are with the team. And this means meeting new people and I get drained from such experiences.
LOL! I hear you.

Quote:
I will bring my mp3 player with me though and music and the sea will help me to enter my own world when I need it.

I'm in a room with two other coworkers. We scored some promotion for 4 stars hotel with all inclusive. The compromise is that we are in 3 beds room, but hey we get the nice hotel and the nice place for really low price. Beggars can't be choosers. Here you could see pictures of the hotel. It looks good for the price of 25 $ per night.
Wow, that place looks like a palace! That is a super nice hotel and at that price, that is amazing. It's also great that you got 3 bedrooms. You will have your own quiet space at night. I can't believe the deal you got for this hotel!

How long of a drive is it for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu
They have been swimming in the lake up there and playing in the woods and doing all sorts of fun kid stuff with their cousins.
With their cousins, too. How fun! Oh, they must be having so much fun. This is what summers are all about when you're little. Spending time with family/extended family at cottages, cabins, etc. This is how you make amazing memories. Every summer we would all go to western Pennsylvania in the mountains. My one aunt/uncle had a cabin right in the wilderness, in the mountains. Those are memories I will never forget. Your children are so lucky to experience this with your family.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
With their cousins, too. How fun! Oh, they must be having so much fun. This is what summers are all about when you're little. Spending time with family/extended family at cottages, cabins, etc. This is how you make amazing memories. Every summer we would all go to western Pennsylvania in the mountains. My one aunt/uncle had a cabin right in the wilderness, in the mountains. Those are memories I will never forget. Your children are so lucky to experience this stuff.
I'm so glad they have this experience, I had a very urban upbringing. We didn't know anyone with cottages and my only experience like that was via girl scouts as a kid. I did day camps and then when i was 12 I went off to music camp and that was a blast. But, I still had my memories of playing in the sprinklers and goofing off in the park. I think its important for kids to be outside and out and about.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Wow, that place looks like a palace! That is a super nice hotel and at that price, that is amazing. It's also great that you got 3 bedrooms. You will have your own quiet space at night. I can't believe the deal you got for this hotel!
No. Not 3 bedrooms, but 3 beds room. Well what I wanted to say is that it's one room with 3 beds. So not own quiet place. However I do believe that the mp3 player will help me to get over this fact.

The hotel is awesome for this price. That's why we agreed.

Quote:
How long of a drive is it for you?
It's about 6/7 hours drive using the highway. We will use car and we are group of 4 people so I think the trip will be fun too. And again I have my mp3 player when it's boring. Last year was funny because we were in the team speaker's car and I was on the passenger seat while his daughter and a coworker were in the back. At some point they fell asleep and he was like "Well the kids are sleeping" . We will be with his car this year too so it's definitely comfortable.

Shu I agree with you that kids need such experiences . It's awesome that they could have fun outside of the big crowded city.

Taryn I'm too tired now, but I will read the article later. Thanks for pointing it out.