Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2013, 12:51 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 145,841
County High Cafeteria #55 (General OT): Bloating, Birds Chirping, and Crepes.

Last posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu
Yeah the dietary part is easier for me because I don't eat a lot of sugar. It's just the excercise I worry about since I am lazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Koni, your post got lost!

Let's see... pictures, would love to see whatever you want to share!

I also hope your appointment is a successful one tomorrow.

Interesting about the research you read. All I know is heat only worsens my GI symptoms. It's a very, very bad combination for me. Heat, sugar, gluten and bad carbs are killers.

New thread soon. Oh wait, we already have one for next thread. LOL
Auror is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:42 PM
  #2
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 50,996
I don't believe we're at another thread!! Thanks, Michelle!!

I hope the crepes aren't causing the bloating!

Shu, I'm not crazy about exercise either...but it's a necessary evil! lol
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 02:03 PM
  #3
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 145,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I don't believe we're at another thread!! Thanks, Michelle!!

I hope the crepes aren't causing the bloating!
I have to ingest ginger, peppermint, garlic, drink cinnamon tea (garlic and cinnamon help insulin level spikes which helps the nausea) or eat protein with the crepe in order to not get sick. Fun times. LOL

Last edited by Auror; 06-20-2013 at 02:34 PM
Auror is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 02:07 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 142,230
^ wow I'm sorry you have so many dietary issues.
ds44 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 02:42 PM
  #5
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 145,841
Thanks. Yes, it's not fun. It's all due to this immune deficiency called Selective Iga Deficiency. I've had it since birth. I had GI issues as a newborn. They even tested me for cystic fibrosis when I was only six months old because of the symptoms. Thankfully, I didn't have that. I didn't find out I had the immune deficiency until years later, though. Before that, they just classified it as severely sensitive GI tract caused by food allergies. That was technically right but they didn't realize the exact reason for that, the IgA Deficiency, until later.

Anyway, I definitely have to watch what I eat. I just get sick with anything that raises my blood sugar. Due to the lack of IgA (I have 0 IgA) it causes the GI issues since you need Immunoglobin A for your GI tract, especially. As a result, I have to eat things that do not cause as many upsets. The easier things are to break down, the better, in other words.

Alternative medicine really has been a miracle for me. Also, sports and exercise helped me as well. I think being so physically fit helped my immunity. I know I was a million times healthier when I was into exercising. It really is an important part.

What kind of exercise do you do? Swimming is a great option for fitness. It's fun, too. It beats pounding the pavement in the heat.
Auror is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 02:50 PM
  #6
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 142,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Thanks. Yes, it's not fun. It's all due to this immune deficiency called Selective Iga Deficiency. I've had it since birth. I had GI issues as a newborn. They even tested me for cystic fibrosis when I was only six months old because of the symptoms. Thankfully, I didn't have that. I didn't find out I had the immune deficiency until years later, though. Before that, they just classified it as severely sensitive GI tract caused by food allergies. That was technically right but they didn't realize the exact reason for that, the IgA Deficiency, until later.

Anyway, I definitely have to watch what I eat. I just get sick with anything that raises my blood sugar. Due to the lack of IgA (I have 0 IgA) it causes the GI issues since you need Immunoglobin A for your GI tract, especially. As a result, I have to eat things that do not cause as many upsets. The easier things are to break down, the better, in other words.

Alternative medicine really has been a miracle for me. Also, sports and exercise helped me as well. I think being so physically fit helped my immunity. I know I was a million times healthier when I was into exercising. It really is an important part.

What kind of exercise do you do? Swimming is a great option for fitness. It's fun, too. It beats pounding the pavement in the heat.
well I do yoga and I run 30 minutes a day. But, I started this cross-fit class. It's great but I just had my first class so I'm still really sore. It should get easier though.
ds44 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:31 PM
  #7
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 145,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
well I do yoga and I run 30 minutes a day. But, I started this cross-fit class. It's great but I just had my first class so I'm still really sore. It should get easier though.
That's awesome. More than awesome, that's exceptional. I am very impressed with your yoga 30 minutes a day. I am almost finished with a book on yoga and then will try to actually do yoga. lol

How often do you do this cross-fit class? Sounds great.
Auror is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:42 PM
  #8
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 142,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
That's awesome. More than awesome, that's exceptional. I am very impressed with your yoga 30 minutes a day. I am almost finished with a book on yoga and then will try to actually do yoga. lol

How often do you do this cross-fit class? Sounds great.
I just started it. I'll prob only due it once a week because its super intensive. I started yoga years ago. It's really great for stress relief.
ds44 is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 02:10 AM
  #9
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 145,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I just started it. I'll prob only due it once a week because its super intensive. I started yoga years ago. It's really great for stress relief.
Where is the cross-fit class? I was just reading up on what it entails. It sounds great. Intensive is right!

It's 4 AM here. We're currently being nailed with a severe thunderstorm warning... sirens woke me up, strong winds, severe hail. I've decided to work from home today. Most people who have to get to work around this time, certainly have to wait this out. Going on the roads right now would be stupid and dangerous.

What is everyone up to this weekend?

Last edited by Auror; 06-21-2013 at 02:20 AM
Auror is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 05:10 AM
  #10
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 142,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Where is the cross-fit class? I was just reading up on what it entails. It sounds great. Intensive is right!

It's 4 AM here. We're currently being nailed with a severe thunderstorm warning... sirens woke me up, strong winds, severe hail. I've decided to work from home today. Most people who have to get to work around this time, certainly have to wait this out. Going on the roads right now would be stupid and dangerous.

What is everyone up to this weekend?
A new gym in my neighbourhood opened up that specializes in it.
ds44 is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 07:25 AM
  #11
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 145,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
A new gym in my neighbourhood opened up that specializes in it.
Nice. I wish I could get into something like that.
Auror is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 07:56 AM
  #12
Addicted Fan

 
Taryn74's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,705
Well I finally had to give in and go to the walk-in clinic y'day to get some antibiotics for the UTI. Feeling quite a bit better today, still not 100% (like, when am I ever? ) but I can definitely tell that the A/Bs are fighting the infection now instead of my own immune system. Huge difference.

Hubby and the boys are canoeing today. Dana and I will head out to the grocery store here in a bit. I've been paying bills. Big fun.

We should be going to SIL's tomorrow evening but I haven't called her yet to confirm. Hubby's got to go work in his mom's garden tomorrow morning. Hopefully Jacob will get up in time to go with him, he loves gardening.
__________________
"I want to be the example of what you can do, not the voice telling you who you can blame for your pain." ~ Dr. Ben Carson
Taryn74 is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 08:35 AM
  #13
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 145,841
Taryn, that's good that you got the antibiotics! You do not want to fool around with lingering UTIs because when it works its way up to the kidney, that can be severe. Good that you got antibiotics to prevent that!

Gardening... that sounds like fun! Are you cultivating plants only or are fruits and vegetables involved?
Auror is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 09:06 AM
  #14
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,481
Thanks for the new thread!

Taryn I hope that UTI will help you.

I had the exam today. It looks fine, but just in case they want to check how my kidneys work so I have to gather urine for 24 hours and then give it for labs. And I have to continue with the medication that I had now. Only after two days I stop one of the pills.

As for the weekend not big plans. I will just go to watch our volleyball games against Argentina in the hall. So I guess I will be in crowded places. I hope that our team will win.
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 09:16 AM
  #15
Addicted Fan

 
Taryn74's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)

Gardening... that sounds like fun! Are you cultivating plants only or are fruits and vegetables involved?
It's a vegetable garden. Except for last year (because hubby didn't have time to till up the garden spot and help her with it) MIL has had a garden for as long as I can remember. Peas, beans, corn, potatoes, okra, watermelons, tomatoes, all sorts of goodies.
__________________
"I want to be the example of what you can do, not the voice telling you who you can blame for your pain." ~ Dr. Ben Carson
Taryn74 is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST