Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

are we allowed to promote personal websites on ?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Looking into that for you, Patricia. It definitely depends on what kind of website it is, though.

Quote:
No, the new one did! Me and computers. A Nanny Chair for my computer...? (I'm sorry, what does that mean? )
I forget what it means, actually. Betty used it once and I stole it!

Are you, like, doing something to these computers? Or do you just have really bad luck with them? Hee.

Quote:
It really is tough. I 'm really not used to heat, I never liked it. I'm a child of my region, it's not supposed to be hot up here.
Aw. What temperature are summers usually where you are?

Quote:
Hee. You didn't forget, don't be embarrassed. I never talked about my birthday. Consciously so. I turned twenty last winter... that's all you're getting out of me.
Twenty? How did that happen??? You'll be caught up to me in no time!

Was it a good birthday? Do you do a big celebration, or is it mostly another day now for you? Yes, I'm determined to get something more out of you with all these questions.

Quote:
Thank you so much. The English skills are important for the grade as well... even if it was an advanced class, it still is a foreign language, it does count greatly when you're good at it.
You're quite welcome. Because it's true! Heck, you're better than me at some of it, and I've got a degree that says I'm supposed to specialize in English.

Quote:
Exactly! That's why my two topics had nothing to do with economics, but only with politics.
Smart girl, skipping the economics! Did you talk about the Bundesrat? Hee. That's my knowledge of German politics right there. I wrote an essay on the Bundesrat once, but it all fell out of my head by now. Like most things I wrote during my first two years, hee. Do you find you remember most of the things you've written from, like, three years ago? Maybe it's just my memory.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 07-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

don't worry, I asked around and I can't...but that's okay
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-25-2010, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think it's called a Naughty chair. Super nanny uses it.

And yes, 'Tos, I am getting used to the name and liking it.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
don't worry, I asked around and I can't...but that's okay
Well, you can always put it in your signature? Usually with such questions it's useful to just read the "Fan Forum Rules and Guidelines":

Quote:
Signatures:
• You may use normal font options like bolding, italics and colors, but the largest font size allowed in a signature is Size 3.
• The only thing allowed in a signature other than text are Fan Forum smilies, up to a maximum of four.
• Links to other websites are fine, but direct links to other message boards are not allowed.
• Signature blocks should be no taller than a 100 X 100 avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Hee! We have more than one Thief in here!

Quote:
Are you, like, doing something to these computers? Or do you just have really bad luck with them? Hee.
I'm not doing anything! Except, I mean... sometimes I see how far I can throw them, but aside from that...
No, I have bad luck. And I have a tendency to first of all turn away when there's a problem with my computer. You know, I just stop using it, because real computer work bores me to death. Especially because in the last few years I never got to do anything fun, it was either school work or disease that stole my time - so when school was fi-nal-ly over I only wanted to do things that are fun... repairing computers, locating problems: Not fun.

Quote:
Aw. What temperature are summers usually where you are?
Uhhh... around 24°C most of the time, I think? A little bit of 30°C in August.... but what we just went trough was at least three weeks between 33 and 39°C... the last time I experienced nearly 40°C was in Paris four years ago! And Paris is... like, far away!

Quote:
Twenty? How did that happen??? You'll be caught up to me in no time!
I don't know either. I was pretty depressed.
Yeah, I'd watch my back if I were you, my friend, I'm right behind you.

Quote:
Was it a good birthday? Do you do a big celebration, or is it mostly another day now for you? Yes, I'm determined to get something more out of you with all these questions.
I guess it was. Small celebration with the family a few days after the actual birthday. I didn't celebrate with friends since my 18th birthday when I took them ice-skating at the beginning of the night, fell on the back of my head, got rushed to the hospital and never got to go to that bar that was our actual destiation. Worst birthday ever. I never even got my presents.
And it wasn't another day, it was a bad day (the 20th birthday itself). I'm twenty! Like, with a two at the beginning!

Quote:
You're quite welcome. Because it's true! Heck, you're better than me at some of it, and I've got a degree that says I'm supposed to specialize in English.
You're not serious, are you? I can't quite believe my English is that good...
But thank you anyway!

Quote:
Smart girl, skipping the economics! Did you talk about the Bundesrat? Hee. That's my knowledge of German politics right there. I wrote an essay on the Bundesrat once, but it all fell out of my head by now. Like most things I wrote during my first two years, hee. Do you find you remember most of the things you've written from, like, three years ago? Maybe it's just my memory.
Actually, shame on me, but I don't remember anything about the Bundesrat either... that must be at least four years ago and I'm really not a huge fan of politics.
Don't ask me, I don't even remember what I did two days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty (View Post)
I think it's called a Naughty chair. Super nanny uses it.
OH!
Our super nanny has the "Silent Staircase".

Last edited by Abomasum; 07-25-2010 at 06:57 AM
Old 07-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Welcome back, Leo! Glad to hear you're finished with school, I know what a relief that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
This is a new addition to my family....first grandchild. Her name is Lana Rose.
Betty! OMGosh! She's beautiful!!! I had no idea you had a new grandbaby (or were even expecting one). Is her name pronounded Lan-a or Lahn-a? Either way, I think it's a beautiful name.

(BTW, does she have any Native American blood in her? The hair and eyes makes me wonder. My mom's family was Cherokee and my daughter looked like a little papoose when she was born, even though her hair and eyes both lightened up a few months later, heh.)

Quote:
And Taryn, don't think we've forgotten you! Let us know how the Earthdawn game goes tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn
We just got in from spending the evening with friends at their condo (with a pool). Kids had so much fun!

Aw, fun! Did you go into the pool as well? I think I need one right now, heh.
Game night was fun, as usual. We were short one player, his elderly mom fell and broke both of her feet and his dad was going to be out of town so he needed to stay home with her that night. My BIL (the game master) took pity on us and didn't throw us into the middle of any huge battles. We just goofed off most of the time, but those can be the best nights sometimes. It's so nice now that all of our kids are actually old enough to play together all evening and not fight, and not require somebody getting up every few minutes and checking on them or helping them with something or putting in a DVD or.....

Me in the pool? No way. I love to swim, but I haven't been in a pool in public in a couple of decades. It's a dream of mine to someday have our own pool so I can swim to my heart's content.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Betty! OMGosh! She's beautiful!!! I had no idea you had a new grandbaby (or were even expecting one). Is her name pronounded Lan-a or Lahn-a? Either way, I think it's a beautiful name.
I didn't make it public.... because everyone would realize my age...even though I'm a pretty young grandma. Her name is pronounced Lahn-a. I wasn't thrilled with the name at first ...but it's really growing on me now.

Quote:
(BTW, does she have any Native American blood in her? The hair and eyes makes me wonder. My mom's family was Cherokee and my daughter looked like a little papoose when she was born, even though her hair and eyes both lightened up a few months later, heh.)
Yes, her eyes do have an Asian look. She has no Native American blood. She is a tossed Salad however. Her dad (my son) is Italian/Syrian. Her mom is Italian/Scottish/Irish. I always feel that mixed breeds make good looking kids.

Quote:
Game night was fun, as usual. We were short one player, his elderly mom fell and broke both of her feet and his dad was going to be out of town so he needed to stay home with her that night.
Oh! The poor thing! That must be horrible.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Does Hey You Guy have to work on Sunday, too? Or where is he? And why is it so quiet around here?

Do I have to start elf--ing around again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74
Welcome back, Leo! Glad to hear you're finished with school, I know what a relief that is.
Thank you! Hi!
Yes, it's the greatest relief! I'm so glad that I made it.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Loyal Fan

So did anybody hear about what tragic thing happened on the loveparade in Germany, 19 people died trying to get in. You would have thought that they would have better security on these events, considering such an tragic incident happened on the Roskilde festival some years back!
Old 07-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Does Hey You Guy have to work on Sunday, too? Or where is he? And why is it so quiet around here?
Yes, he does. His only days off are Thursday and Friday....but he came on early yesterday just to talk to you! He'll be on later tonight.

Quote:
So did anybody hear about what tragic thing happened on the loveparade in Germany, 19 people died trying to get in. You would have thought that they would have better security on these events, considering such an tragic incident happened on the Roskilde festival some years back!

Love Parade tragedy: 'I'll never forget the sight of all those twisted bodies' - Europe, World - The Independent

I hadn't heard anything about this. Oh, this is horrible.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes a really big tragedy, and seeing it I just keep asking myself how this could happen??
Old 07-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Yes... it's horrible what happened there...

Quote:
Yes, he does. His only days off are Thursday and Friday....but he came on early yesterday just to talk to you! He'll be on later tonight.
Okay. Poor thing. Say hi to him for me, will you?
It's 2AM, I should go to bed.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

'Tos, Leo says, "Hi."
Old 07-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
'Tos, Leo says, "Hi."
Tell her "hi" back from me!

Can't wait to catch up with this thread. It's nice to see so many people involved in the conversation. Leo gets people talkin'!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 07-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

people dying a love parade. seems almost ironic when said that way, doesn't it?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread