Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Anyone have any special plans for the weekend?

Not going anywhere special....but I am babysitting. That's pretty special.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Job interview? Why are you thinking of changing jobs?
I made my icon.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Job interview? Why are you thinking of changing jobs?
Mostly because I'd like to do something I'm passionate about. Being an admin assistant in a plumbing company is something I have a little connection to because my father was a plumber for a gazillion years, but it's not exactly one of my passions, heh. If I'm going to be an admin assistant or help out or do whatever, it just makes sense for me to really care about it. Like, this job interview was for an educational company. That's something I can see a future in. Or maybe publishing or an environmental company. I don't really know. But I want to see a future with a company and be passionate about it.

But, that's also not always easy in this job market, so, if it happens, it happens, if not, it doesn't. I'm pretty flexible like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Not going anywhere special....but I am babysitting. That's pretty special.
Darn right. Is your daughter still in town?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 07-23-2010 at 09:57 PM
Old 07-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I had a job interview today. Don't think I got it, unfortunately, but damn...that was a NICE office. Hee. I'm going to hate going into tomorrow with my not so nice office. There was a couch, a TV, a gorgeous view. *jealous*
Aww. Here's to hoping you'll be pleasantly surprised with a job offer!

We're going to SIL's tomorrow night for our bi-monthly Earthdawn game. We get together with SIL and BIL and a couple of other friends and play ED while the kiddos all play together. It's fun.

We just got in from spending the evening with friends at their condo (with a pool). Kids had so much fun!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I want to see a future with a company and be passionate about it.
Makes sense. I'm being a little bit picky about what jobs I'm applying for at the moment (ones I'll be passionate about), but hopefully I'll get something before I get too desperate and apply for jobs left and right. Then again it's possible I'm missing out on some great jobs because they're not saying what the industry is or what the employer is in the listing... At least I'm going to a job fair next week that'll make it easy who the companies are, etc. Hey speaking of job fairs, you went to one, right? If I'm remembering right, do you have any tips?
I made my icon.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's something I can see a future in. Or maybe publishing or an environmental company. I don't really know. But I want to see a future with a company and be passionate about it.
I think that you're doing the right thing, Tos. Keep this job...but keep looking. You have a great education in a subject that you love...so keep looking for that great job. You'll have a happier life.

Quote:
Darn right. Is your daughter still in town?
Yes, she is and her Dutch boyfriend is arriving tonight.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Waaaaahooo!!! Guess who's back! Me! Whoooo missed me?
...I missed you.

Aaaand I'm da-dee-done with school! (Have been for a while, but still had so much to do...) Finished with a freakin' A (- ) in my final exam in English! Man, I'm so cool. (Then two Bs in the other two ... and a C in the oral Economics and Politics exam, but I just don't like to speak (and I don't like economics and politics either...) so that was to be expected...)

Ahhh! It's good to be back!
Old 07-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WELCOME BACK LEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that we'd never see you again.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Woah! What a great welcome!

HI BETTY!!!

Awwwwww... but of course you'd see me again. Please don't cry! I'm here now...
Old 07-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Leo!!! It's so great that you're back. Congrats on your English grade! That is awesome.
I made my icon.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Hi Gaby! I think it's great, too! How are you? Are you still in New Zealand?

Thank you!! I'm still a little excited... I wrote 1600 words or something (I remember it was a lot. I just don't exactly remember what a lot is exactly.. ) and I was so puzzled that it was so many... I thought half of it had to be nonsense...

... oh my... I forgot to ask Betty, too! I'm sorry! How are you, Betty?
Old 07-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

*double-take*

LEO!!! Congrats on completing school!
Old 07-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Are you still in New Zealand?
Unfortunately, no. I'm back in the States. Living with my mom in upstate New York again. Missing NZ (and Australia -- I was there from June 9 to June 25) like crazy though. I've been in the US since June 27th though a week was in San Francisco before I flew back to NY to surprise Mom on her birthday. Currently job hunting to ideally relocate to New York City. I want to find something soon, but at the same time, I don't want something to interfere with going down to Virginia in a few weeks to see one of my step-cousins get married as it's been a while (nearly 12 years, I think -- I can't remember when my grandfather [aka their step-grandfather as their grandma was the 2nd wife of my grandfather] was buried though he died in late July '98) since I've seen two of my step-cousins in real life. We've talked on Facebook and IM since then, but wow, really long time since we've all been in the same place at the same time.
I made my icon.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
*double-take*

LEO!!! Congrats on completing school!
Thief!!! Thank you! How are you?

( I want to know how you all are doing... but I'm still gonna ask individually. But anyone who reads this may feel free to just tell me how he's doing. I'll be happy to hear it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby
Unfortunately, no. I'm back in the States. Living with my mom in upstate New York again. Missing NZ (and Australia -- I was there from June 9 to June 25) like crazy though. I've been in the US since June 27th though a week was in San Francisco before I flew back to NY to surprise Mom on her birthday.
Aha! Okay. Sorry that you miss it so much. But at least that means you enjoyed it and I'm happy to hear that! What a great present for your mom to get you back for her birthday.

Quote:
Currently job hunting to ideally relocate to New York City. I want to find something soon, but at the same time, I don't want something to interfere with going down to Virginia in a few weeks to see one of my step-cousins get married as it's been a while (nearly 12 years, I think -- I can't remember when my grandfather [aka their step-grandfather as their grandma was the 2nd wife of my grandfather] was buried though he died in late July '98) since I've seen two of my step-cousins in real life. We've talked on Facebook and IM since then, but wow, really long time since we've all been in the same place at the same time.
Wow. That's too complicated for me to process. They're the grandchildren of your grandfather's second wife, from her first marriage and you're your grandfather's granddaughter from his first marriage... did I get that right?
Anyhow, I certainly hope you get a great job that allows you to go see them in a few weeks!

Oh, it's good to "see" you all!
Where's King Mod?
Old 07-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
They're the grandchildren of your grandfather's second wife, from her first marriage and you're your grandfather's granddaughter from his first marriage... did I get that right?
That's exactly right. My dad has step-siblings because his dad remarried to someone who had kids from a previous marriage as well. (This was when Dad was in college, I think, or maybe in the early '70s. So Dad's parents had been divorced for quite some time before I was born.) The kids of Dad's step-siblings, therefore, would be my step-cousins.
Quote:
Anyhow, I certainly hope you get a great job that allows you to go see them in a few weeks!
Thanks! We're leaving here on Friday the 13th (as the wedding is on the 14th and we get back here on the 15th), so I certainly hope no one is superstitious.

Oh and my step-cousins are actually closer in age to me than my flesh-and-blood cousins (that is, the kids of my dad's biological brother), so when we were younger, we felt more of a kinship to one another, you know? The one that's getting married is 3 months older than me and one of the ones I haven't seen in ages is 2 months older than me. My youngest flesh-and-blood cousin is about 10 years older than me and has 3 kids.
I made my icon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread