Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Anyone have any big plans for the tail end of the summer?

Yes, that's right. I hate to be Mr. Reality Man, hee, but it's almost September! The Back to School ads are officially annoying the crap out of me, and I won't even be going to school! *tears hair out*.
hehe funny you should mention that, tomorrow Im going to this Back to School party Today was the first day at school and the day was pretty much full with getting to know each other and introduction stuff. We have this thing called fadderuka in norwegian, its like 3 weeks with parties everyday and the people that is in one grade over us is like planning this and taking care of all us newbies. Its been really cool, you get to know all kinds of people. Im trying to hang around with the nurses, because that is where all the girls are I wish we had this sorority thing that you have in America, Alfa and Beta. Would be so cool
You can't take the sky from me

Last edited by Rolfi Cole; 08-18-2010 at 03:09 PM
Old 08-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfi Cole (View Post)
hehe funny you should mention that, tomorrow Im going to this Back to School party Today was the first day at school and the day was pretty much full with getting to know each other and introduction stuff. We have this thing called fadderuka in norwegian, its like 3 weeks with parties everyday and the people that is in one grade over us is like planning this and taking care of all us newbies. Its been really cool, you get to know all kinds of people. Im trying to hang around with the nurses, because there is where all the girls are I wish we had this sorority thing that you have in America, Alfa and Beta. Would be so cool
We kind of have the same thing in the US...it's called Student Orientation. It usually happens the week before school officially starts for everyone else. The freshman are involved in a week long agenda with activities, parties, getting to know each other strategies. The freshman are divided into groups and each group has an upper classman as an Orientation Counselor. I know this because my son was an orientation counselor at his university.
Let me tell you...it's a tough position to get...it's like a job application with lots of competition and interviews.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
We kind of have the same thing in the US...it's called Student Orientation. It usually happens the week before school officially starts for everyone else. The freshman are involved in a week long agenda with activities, parties, getting to know each other strategies. The freshman are divided into groups and each group has an upper classman as an Orientation Counselor. I know this because my son was an orientation counselor at his university.
Let me tell you...it's a tough position to get...it's like a job application with lots of competition and interviews.
Yeah exactly like that, except the whole job application thing for being an counselor, here its more voluntary. All you need to be good at to get that job is drinking and communicating
You can't take the sky from me
Old 08-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfi Cole (View Post)
Yeah exactly like that, except the whole job application thing for being an counselor, here its more voluntary. All you need to be good at to get that job is drinking and communicating
Oh, it's voluntary here, too. But it's considered an honor to be a counselor...so you have to be interviewed and selected. There's lots of competition for the positions.

And yes....my son is very good at drinking and communicating.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Ah, sounds like the social part of colleges is pretty much the same there as it is here, Rolfi. Hope you're having a blast.

*groans* I'm working tomorrow. On what was supposed to be my day off. Me coworker who I adore has gotten seriously ill and so...well, yeah. Hee. I'm not one of those people that can really say no, so when my manager asked, I said yes. And now I'm kind of regretting it.

Ah well, I'll actually have a weekend day off this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I'm afraid to make any plans....you might scold me for going away again!
What can I say, Betty? I miss you when you're gone.

ETA: Haven't forgotten about you Leo. Nevah! Hopefully I can get some energy and get to your post later.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 08-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread