Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

Hummus is so good.

Anyways, I'm back to the Internet! Hope everyone had a good holiday! I learned a new card game and came so close to winning that the people I played with were very impressed with my efforts!
I made my icon.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

Yay, Gaby! What was the card game?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 12-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Loyal Fan

This is what it looks like today in the Indiana "suburbs" of Chicago:Lots of snow!

http://img50.yfrog.com/img50/8762/pict0045z.jpg
Old 12-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfs89 (View Post)
This is what it looks like today in the Indiana "suburbs" of Chicago:Lots of snow!

http://img50.yfrog.com/img50/8762/pict0045z.jpg
Wow! It's beautiful......but only to look at! It's nice to be in the house all cozy....drinking hot chocolate and looking out the window. Just don't make me navigate in it.

In NJ....it rained all day yesterday and today is very warm.....so all of the pretty snow on the houses and lawns melted. But....tomorrow it's going to be cold again and snowy.

Quote:
Hummus is so good.
Gaby, you'll have to check out the recipe for it that I posted on the Recipe thread.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Wow! It's beautiful......but only to look at! It's nice to be in the house all cozy....drinking hot chocolate and looking out the window. Just don't make me navigate in it.

In NJ....it rained all day yesterday and today is very warm.....so all of the pretty snow on the houses and lawns melted. But....tomorrow it's going to be cold again and snowy.

Gaby, you'll have to check out the recipe for it that I posted on the Recipe thread.
I was only out there long enough to take the pictures and then I got back in the house.
Here's a few more that I took:
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4944695_n.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6902377_n.jpg
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs151...._4034381_n.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1619830_n.jpg

Last edited by cfs89; 12-27-2009 at 01:38 PM
Old 12-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Just popping in to say hello and I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We're still in detox mode around here.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Addicted Fan

I love hummus, too!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Yay, Gaby! What was the card game?
It's called Mosey (I believe that's the spelling). Basically there are 14 different rounds. In round 1, Aces are "Mosey," which in this instance means "wild." You play with Jokers, too, which are always wild. In round 2, the 2's are "Mosey." In round 3, the 3's, and so on. In round 11, Jacks are "Mosey." In round 12, Queens. In round 13, Kings. In round 14, Aces are back to being the "Mosey" of the round.

The object of the game is to get rid of the cards in your hand ASAP. You get rid of cards by making sets (at least 3 of a kind, like three 2's) or runs (like 5, 6, and 7 of the same suit). Once you have at least one set or run down, you can put down play offs on what other players have put down. You can exchange the wild cards, but you'll have to put down the wild card in something else that same hand (like if you replace the Mosey with a 6 of Hearts, you have put the Mosey in some other run or set that's been played or with cards from your hand). Only one Mosey per run or set. But you can have a Mosey and a Joker in the same run or set.

The person to run out of cards first calls Mosey and the round is over. The person who got Mosey has an M written for their score that round and the remaining players count up how much they have remaining in their hands. Aces are worth one point. Jacks, Queens, and Kings are all worth 10 points. Jokers and whatever Mosey is that round are worth 25 points.

Oh, and when you pick up your cards to start the game, you don't have to wait for it to be your turn if you have a run or a set to play. You can just put it down. This is where I made a fatal error because in the round where Jacks were Mosey, I had two Jacks, two Kings, and three other cards. I could have put down the two Kings and Jacks right away and have 45 points less than what I ended up with and overall, I came in 2nd place by only 3 points. (Someone went out right away, so I didn't have time to react.)

Other things you should know is that once everyone initially puts down what they have, you go around starting with the player to the left of the dealer and they can either pick up the stack that's face up in the centre of the table (and they have to pick up everything and it's totally blind what's underneath the top card unless you have a really good memory) or just pick up one face down card next to the face up stack. You discard a card to the face up stack when you finish your turn.

I think that's it for the rules. Quite a fun game.
I made my icon.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

That does sound fun, Gaby. How many people were playing?

Quote:
Just popping in to say hello and I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We're still in detox mode around here
Hee, that doesn't sound good, but I bet you mean "detox" in the best of ways!

I don't think I've ever had hummus. Or at least not that I know of. I'll take all your words for it, though, that it's great!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 12-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Hee, that doesn't sound good, but I bet you mean "detox" in the best of ways!

I don't think I've ever had hummus. Or at least not that I know of. I'll take all your words for it, though, that it's great!
It's absolutely great! I have heard a lot about hummus over the years,but Christmas Day was the first time I had ever eaten it. The restaurant I went to had everything buffet style with various and sundry food items,so when I went for seconds,I really filled up on it and the pita bread.
I know that I was probably the only late 30s male in the place wearing red Converse All Stars,so I really stood out from the crowd while filling up on the hummus.
On Christmas Eve,it was my sister's 37th birthday and my mom got her this big cake that started the 2 day eatfest:

I had a food hangover the next day,so I was detoxing this weekend. Thankfully,I didn't gain too much poundage this week,LOL!

Last edited by cfs89; 12-27-2009 at 08:52 PM
Old 12-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfs89 (View Post)
It's absolutely great! I have heard a lot about hummus over the years,but Christmas Day was the first time I had ever eaten it. The restaurant I went to had everything buffet style with various and sundry food items,so when I went for seconds,I really filled up on it and the pita bread.
I know that I was probably the only late 30s male in the place wearing red Converse All Stars,so I really stood out from the crowd while filling up on the hummus.
On Christmas Eve,it was my sister's 37th birthday and my mom got her this big cake that started the 2 day eatfest:

I had a food hangover the next day,so I was detoxing this weekend. Thankfully,I didn't gain too much poundage this week,LOL!
Yummy looking cake! Now just don't dip that into hummus, heh.

So, hummus isn't a holiday food, right? Hee. It just so happens that at least two of you are it during the holidays is all, I think.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yummy looking cake! Now just don't dip that into hummus, heh.

So, hummus isn't a holiday food, right? Hee. It just so happens that at least two of you are it during the holidays is all, I think.
I had that cake a day before the hummus so the two foods didn't meet,LOL! It usually isn't a holiday food,as the restaurant I went to had it as part of the salad bar area. The people in the place probably thought I was out of my mind when I discovered it was there and I gasped with excitement as I scooped it on my plate. This is probably the reason why most people think I'm in my 20s and not my actual age of 39.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
There were four of us. My Volunteer Manager, two of my Volunteer Manager's partner's siblings (there's eight siblings including my Volunteer Manager's partner), and myself.

I usually have hummus as a dip like with crackers or as a filling for a sandwich as I don't eat meat, I need a source of protein somehow!
I made my icon.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

As Betty posted something musical, happy, and nifty last week with the "Do-Re-Mi" Belgian flash mob, thought I'd post something musical, happy, and pretty impressive in its own right considering it was made by a high school class.

'Tos, you're free to hate me for this.

You Tube - Shorewood Lip Dub
Old 12-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
As Betty posted something musical, happy, and nifty last week with the "Do-Re-Mi" Belgian flash mob, thought I'd post something musical, happy, and pretty impressive in its own right considering it was made by a high school class.

'Tos, you're free to hate me for this.

You Tube - Shorewood Lip Dub
That was pretty cool. And why would 'Tos hate you for this?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread