Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Gee, he kind of sounds like Dexter!
The guy he murdered raped his little girl but it wasn't during the act but afterward. It's messy because you would think there was some justification just based on the circumstances but the law is the law although I am trying to turn the law his way.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSUSA (View Post)
The guy he murdered raped his little girl but it wasn't during the act but afterward. It's messy because you would think there was some justification just based on the circumstances but the law is the law although I am trying to turn the law his way.
Did you ever see the movie..."Death Wish" starring Charles Bronson? Very similar situation.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Did you ever see the movie..."Death Wish" starring Charles Bronson? Very similar situation.
No, never. Really? Interesting! I should run to blockbuster and grab a copy!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
No, never. Really? Interesting! I should run to blockbuster and grab a copy!
You really must. The film is a classic. Make sure you rent the original...not the sequels.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
You really must. The film is a classic. Make sure you rent the original...not the sequels.
Thanks for this! The project is not due for another 10 days so this is great! Thanks, Betty!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
LOL! Where did she go? Are you guys chatting again?
Talking with her nieces or something. And yes, we're chatting again
I made my icon.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

I haven't seen Death Wish either, but I remember hearing that it was quite violent and shocking at the time, but did start a discussion on rampant crime. Now I kind of want to see it, hee. You probably shouldn't advocate during your project that people go around killing each other, though, hee, but it is an interesting case study. So many parents would want to do the same thing in that situation, I'm sure, so you would at least have a sympathetic jury, although I'm sure that law would say don't take..well, the law into your own hands!

ETA: Gaby, good luck with Thursday, by the way, and let us know how it goes.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 11-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks for this! The project is not due for another 10 days so this is great! Thanks, Betty!

Don't expect this film to help you with your project. It is fiction...It's a movie that you'll enjoy watchin just for the heck of it! It's about a man who avenges the murder and rape of his daughter.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Talking with her nieces or something. And yes, we're chatting again
Good, good. Now Mitch has to learn to do two things at once, and also get back on the board.

Gaby, how long have you and Mitch known each other? You guys go back a ways, right? That's so cute how you guys have maintained a connection.

Thanks Tos & Betty! It's amazing that, fiction or not, this is precisely the same scenario going on with my project! Yes, of course the advocating is not about the murdering and saying it is at all right to go with an eye for an eye. Mostly, I am trying to find holes in the prosecutions case, like little holes that I can take advantage of, along with, of course, very much emphasizing the brutality of the rape, and why he "snapped" and caused the murder as a result. I am not alleging temporary insanity per se, but I am going for a defense based on very critical circumstances along with finding holes in the prosecutions case.

Last edited by SPORTSUSA; 11-02-2009 at 07:07 PM
Old 11-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I haven't seen Death Wish either, but I remember hearing that it was quite violent and shocking at the time, but did start a discussion on rampant crime. Now I kind of want to see it, hee..
I think that you should both see it. Let me just say that at the time that it aired in the theaters....the audience would applaud/cheer with wild enthusiasm every time he killed someone. (of course the someones that he killed were always criminal scumbags).

Death Wish (1974)
Old 11-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Gaby, how long have you and Mitch known each other? You guys go back a ways, right? That's so cute how you guys have maintained a connection.
Since 2005, I think. Maybe 2004 though. I know I moderated this board with Michelle from March 2005 until spring 2006. I know my mom got Internet at her house in late January 2005; before that, I was only online when I was at Dad's (who had gotten Internet in 1998), which was every other week. I think I had discussions with Michelle either here on or on Fanbolt (where I didn't know she was Sports for several months, but I knew I was talking to someone on that board that had the username Sports) in 2004. I particularly remember discussing Hannah on FB before she had made an appearance on the show, so that would have been summer '04. But off board discussion might not have happened until 2005. Neither Michelle or I can remember if there was a time in our off board discussions where we had to wait a week because I was at Mom's. It certainly happened with our on board discussions, but off board, WDK.

So I think the safe thing is senior year of high school
I made my icon.

Last edited by BepperGirl; 11-02-2009 at 08:46 PM Reason: got some dates confused
Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Does daylight savings mess anyone else up? I have to say, I haven't had a good night's sleep since the night before Halloween. I'm feeling better and everything other than a stupid lingering cough, heh, so it's not that. And it feels so much later right now. It feels a lot later than even 9 PM which it's supposed to be right now. It feels like 11 or something. I really could do without daylights savings at all, I think, because it always messes with me.

ETA: Oh lawdy, I just saw my first Christmas commercial. On the 2nd of November. *shakes head* Ridiculous.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 11-02-2009 at 10:29 PM
Old 11-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

Oh, it feels insanely late (prematurely) these past few nights! 5 PM looks and feels like 7, 7 like 9, it's just weird. And last night I didn't get to sleep until about 5 AM due to a hideous, several hours-long headache, which probably isn't helping with my perception of time for today, heh.

Gaby, good luck on Thursday -- it'd be great to find something that will allow you the opportunity to utilize your web skills and knowledge.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:27 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Does daylight savings mess anyone else up?
I only thought us crazy Brits did that. Drives me mad, hate resetting all the clocks. It was meant to help farmers but these days lots of combine harvesters are computer driven! I saw it on Discovery, looked weird, an un-manned huge machine driving itself round a field. Clearly I haven't lived

Quote:
ETA: Oh lawdy, I just saw my first Christmas commercial. On the 2nd of November. *shakes head* Ridiculous.
We have Christmas decorations in the shops at the same time as Halloween Christmas catalogues from the shops are all out mid October. So we technically have Halloween stuff, Fireworks for Bonfire Night and Christmas stuff out. I'm looking out for the Easter Eggs

Time wise, you lot are 5, 6, 7 or 8 hours behind me if you are in the US, and then I clicked on NZ and freaked myself out as Gaby is already a day ahead of me! And 'Tos, so you don't feel left out, you are about 5 hours behind or so, I had to guess where you are so I just clicked on Quebec

Last edited by sparklestar; 11-03-2009 at 07:28 AM Reason: dont let a 3yr old near laptop when typing
Old 11-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Time wise, you lot are 5, 6, 7 or 8 hours behind me if you are in the US, and then I clicked on NZ and freaked myself out as Gaby is already a day ahead of me! And 'Tos, so you don't feel left out, you are about 5 hours behind or so, I had to guess where you are so I just clicked on Quebec
'Tos lives on the west coast of Canada. Take another 3 hours away, sparklestar.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread