Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2021, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

County High Cafeteria #180: Life....Let Snoopy be our guide!

Old 07-10-2021, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ The best title… ever.

Thanks for it!
Old 07-10-2021, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome!! Glad I beat you to the punch! lol
Old 07-10-2021, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I knew you were around, understood you’d be happy to make it. Psychic thing. ;-)
Old 07-10-2021, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is SO me. I have my very boring, simple style and never leave it for even a second.
Old 07-10-2021, 12:49 PM
Administrator

I bought a D-Day Commemorative Coin in honor of my Birth Grandfather, Thomas Sullivan, who was Killed In Action in that invasion. When you read about wars or battles, the casualties are often just seen as numbers, but every one of those numbers represented not only a life lost, but a family that would never be the same. In this case, a wife lost her husband and a young girl lost her father, and sadly, that's a scenario that still goes on to this day.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-10-2021, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I bought a D-Day Commemorative Coin in honor of my Birth Grandfather, Thomas Sullivan, who was Killed In Action in that invasion. When you read about wars or battles, the casualties are often just seen as numbers, but every one of those numbers represented not only a life lost, but a family that would never be the same. In this case, a wife lost her husband and a young girl lost her father, and sadly, that's a scenario that still goes on to this day.

Exactly, Jerry.

How beautiful. What a loving thing you did.

How old was he when he passed?
Old 07-10-2021, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Beautiful thing you did, Jerry!

It breaks my heart thinking about all of those poor casualties our military has had the past 20 years and their poor families who have lost them forever. What a sacrifice those families have made for us. I think about places like Afghanistan where we are pulling out...(which is a good thing)....yet the country will go back to the way it was and all of our poor kids who died.. died for nothing! So hearbreaking
Old 07-10-2021, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Beautiful thing you did, Jerry!]
Thanks Betty!

Quote:
It breaks my heart thinking about all of those poor casualties our military has had the past 20 years and their poor families who have lost them forever. What a sacrifice those families have made for us. I think about places like Afghanistan where we are pulling out...(which is a good thing)....yet the country will go back to the way it was and all of our poor kids who died.. died for nothing! So hearbreaking
That's exactly how I feel Betty. It's just like Vietnam. All the sacrifices those brave men and women made will be for nothing, and it breaks my heart.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-10-2021, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Beautiful thing you did, Jerry!
Quote:
Thanks Betty!
Quote:
It breaks my heart thinking about all of those poor casualties our military has had the past 20 years and their poor families who have lost them forever. What a sacrifice those families have made for us. I think about places like Afghanistan where we are pulling out...(which is a good thing)....yet the country will go back to the way it was and all of our poor kids who died.. died for nothing! So heartbreaking!
Quote:
That's exactly how I feel Betty. It's just like Vietnam. All the sacrifices those brave men and women made will be for nothing, and it breaks my heart.
I know! We are thinking the same here and it kills me to think it!
Old 07-10-2021, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
Exactly, Jerry.

How beautiful. What a loving thing you did.
Thanks so much Michelle!

Quote:
How old was he when he passed?
I'm not exactly sure to be honest as his gravestone in Normandy only shows the day he died, but I would guess that he was in his late twenties, as he was already married and I believe my birth mother was 7 when he died.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks so much Michelle!

I'm not exactly sure to be honest as his gravestone in Normandy only shows the day he died, but I would guess that he was in his late twenties, as he was already married and I believe my birth mother was 7 when he died.
So sad. He died a hero.
Old 07-10-2021, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So sad. He died a hero.
It is really sad but yes he did die a hero.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread

Love the title
Old 07-11-2021, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread

Love the title
Thanks, Sam!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread