Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2020, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I bet she's in Heaven with you guys home with her!
She is, but there are times when she wants to be be alone and sleep, and when she does, she goes under the bed.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-04-2020, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
She is, but there are times when she wants tobe be alone and sleep, and when she does, she goes under the bed.
So cute! LOL.

Buddy will go on a specific couch when he's tired. He thinks he owns the couch. He will also sleep halfway underneath one of the couches that has space underneath it. However, he has way too much separation anxiety to ever leave the room one of us are in to go to sleep. He tries to follow me into the bathroom. LOL.

His separation anxiety is a common trait with the Havanese. This is not the breed to get if you are gone a lot. Which is why it's a perfect dog for me. But if you are a doctor, lawyer, or travel a lot without the dog, the Havanese literally could die of a broken heart because their separation anxiety is real.

Buddy is OK when we leave overall for a few hours. He's smart enough to know we will return. However, when we do return? He will bark and carry on for a good 10-15 minutes just to let us know that we had no business leaving.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Big time.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So cute! LOL.

Buddy will go on a specific couch when he's tired. He thinks he owns the couch. He will also sleep halfway underneath one of the couches that has space underneath it. However, he has way too much separation anxiety to ever leave the room one of us are in to go to sleep. He tries to follow me into the bathroom. LOL.

His separation anxiety is a common trait with the Havanese. This is not the breed to get if you are gone a lot. Which is why it's a perfect dog for me. But if you are a doctor, lawyer, or travel a lot without the dog, the Havanese literally could die of a broken heart because their separation anxiety is real.

Buddy is OK when we leave overall for a few hours. He's smart enough to know we will return. However, when we do return? He will bark and carry on for a good 10-15 minutes just to let us know that we had no business leaving.
That's so sweet!

Goldie likes having us around and she's excited and happy when we come home, but when we were both working and gone all day she seemed to be fine with it. I think that she basically sleeps most of the day when we aren't home.

When she wants to be with us, she's very affectionate, and she likes a lot of attention, but when she wants to be alone she'll hide under the bed for hours. If she hears one of us go out to the backyard though, she just has to be out with us and she'll stay out with us the entire time we're out there.

She also won't take no for an answer (like tonight) when she wants to go for a walk. We try to go later now because it's so hot, but shortly after dinner, she'll pester us until we agree to take her for a walk, and then she'll bark and run around excitedly until we put the leash on her and take her!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-05-2020, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

How's everyone week going so far?
Old 08-05-2020, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's so sweet!

Goldie likes having us around and she's excited and happy when we come home, but when we were both working and gone all day she seemed to be fine with it. I think that she basically sleeps most of the day when we aren't home.

When she wants to be with us, she's very affectionate, and she likes a lot of attention, but when she wants to be alone she'll hide under the bed for hours. If she hears one of us go out to the backyard though, she just has to be out with us and she'll stay out with us the entire time we're out there.

She also won't take no for an answer (like tonight) when she wants to go for a walk. We try to go later now because it's so hot, but shortly after dinner, she'll pester us until we agree to take her for a walk, and then she'll bark and run around excitedly until we put the leash on her and take her!
So cute!

Goldie is definitely a healthy, beautiful dog... and smart as a whip!
Old 08-05-2020, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
How's everyone week going so far?
Pretty good. Two meetings this morning, one that starts shortly. I plan on taking a walk after the meeting. Weather is good, low humidity and in 60s/70s today.

What about you?
Old 08-05-2020, 08:37 AM
Administrator

I saw this today and I thought of Buddy and Goldie:

Old 08-05-2020, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^^ Awe! Absolutely.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 08-05-2020, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 08-05-2020, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That's so true!

Old 08-05-2020, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Goldie is very possessive of her toys. If we pick one up she'll come running over basically saying "that's mine!" and then she'll go and play with it, making sure that we don't take it away from her!

Old 08-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's so true!
Old 08-05-2020, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Goldie is very possessive of her toys. If we pick one up she'll come running over basically saying "that's mine!" and then she'll go and play with it, making sure that we don't take it away from her!
It is so funny since she knows you guys would never take it away, or at least permanently unless it was dangerous. They just live in the moment.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread