Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2020, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That describes him to a Tee.
It certainly doesn't excuse his behavior. But he's very insecure. He's literally insecure about being insecure.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
That's great news, Alan. I remember when she was first diagnosed. Is it under control okay? Is the diet tough for her or relatively easy?
Not really because she can eat pretty much whatever she wants. She just has to correct her blood sugar with an insulin injection after every meal, and she has one that she takes at 9pm for overnight.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Not really because she can eat pretty much whatever she wants. She just has to correct her blood sugar with an insulin injection after every meal, and she has one that she takes at 9pm for overnight.
That’s great.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well, we did get a bit of good news. My youngest niece has type 1 diabetes and has been using the regular finger pricking blood sugar monitor, but they finally got her one of ones that is attached to her side that she can read with her cell phone, so now she doesn't have to stab her finger with a needle every time she has to check her blood sugar.
Oh, Alan! That is wonderful.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just made some beans and rice along with some sausage. I'm determined to become a regular cook after this virus hell, lol.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I just made some beans and rice along with some sausage. I'm determined to become a regular cook after this virus hell, lol.
That sounds yummy!
Old 03-24-2020, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That sounds yummy!
Thanks.

What have you been making?
Old 03-25-2020, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Control freaks are typically extremely insecure people. They feel a need to control anything they can get their hands on to cover up the insecurities.
Like sounds Randall from This is Us, lol
Old 03-25-2020, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Like sounds Randall from This is Us, lol
LOL. I don't watch the series so don't get the joke. Betty does though?
Old 03-25-2020, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

Well, yesterday Oklahoma closed all non-essential businesses in all counties with confirmed coronavirus cases, which doesn't affect me since McCurtain County doesn't have any. As it is, plumbing/ac supply houses are essential businesses, so no matter what ends up happening here I'll most likely have to stay at work.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Well, yesterday Oklahoma closed all non-essential businesses in all counties with confirmed coronavirus cases, which doesn't affect me since McCurtain County doesn't have any. As it is, plumbing/ac supply houses are essential businesses, so no matter what ends up happening here I'll most likely have to stay at work.
Are you happy you're staying at work? Might be a dumb question. Great that while your state has some cases, you aren't one of the big time hit states. I hope it stays that way.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
While you were doing that I was eating Chef Boyardee ravioli. I did have a mix of pineapple, mango, strawberries and peaches for dessert, so I was quasi-healthy.

I had to come to town yesterday evening to check on the store after the alarm went off, and on the way home I stopped at Wal-Mart and picked up the necessary ingredients to make pickled eggs, so that's what I'm planning to do tonight. I have an 18 pack of eggs that is going to go bad soon, so I figure this is an easy way to increase the shelf life. Plus I love me some pickled eggs. Or just hard boiled eggs.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Are you happy you're staying at work? Might be a dumb question. Great that while your state has some cases, you aren't one of the big time hit states. I hope it stays that way.
On the one hand I'm glad I'm still going to be getting paid for the foreseeable future. On the other I wouldn't have minded a nice 3 week vacation as I haven't had more than 2 or three days off at a time in a couple years, and as I'm currently the only person employed at this branch, even when they finally do hire more help, it'll be months before they are trained to the point that I can take off and leave them to work the store alone.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
While you were doing that I was eating Chef Boyardee ravioli. I did have a mix of pineapple, mango, strawberries and peaches for dessert, so I was quasi-healthy.
Dessert sounds good! I love me some Chef Boyardee too.

Quote:
I had to come to town yesterday evening to check on the store after the alarm went off, and on the way home I stopped at Wal-Mart and picked up the necessary ingredients to make pickled eggs, so that's what I'm planning to do tonight. I have an 18 pack of eggs that is going to go bad soon, so I figure this is an easy way to increase the shelf life. Plus I love me some pickled eggs. Or just hard boiled eggs.
That is a good idea. Pickled eggs, yum! Why was your alarm going off?
Old 03-25-2020, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
On the one hand I'm glad I'm still going to be getting paid for the foreseeable future. On the other I wouldn't have minded a nice 3 week vacation as I haven't had more than 2 or three days off at a time in a couple years, and as I'm currently the only person employed at this branch, even when they finally do hire more help, it'll be months before they are trained to the point that I can take off and leave them to work the store alone.
You definitely deserve a break, Alan.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread