Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2020, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

County High Cafeteria #158: Spring is almost here!

Old 03-06-2020, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
It's incredible. Most are not as dedicated as you guys are with their dog. You guys go the extra mile. You love her and she knows it.
Thanks! Yes, she knows it, and she knows how to wheedle treats out of me! She has me trained! Every morning, she knows what time I get up and she jumps out of the bed and goes to her treat jar for me to give her a treat! She’s also the smartest dog we ever had. Last night, I got home late and I forgot to feed her, so when I was on the computer she came over to tell me that I forgot to feed her by jumping up on me!

Quote:
Only a few more hours and she'll be home.
I can’t wait!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-06-2020, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread!

Thanks! Yes, she knows it, and she knows how to wheedle treats out of me! She has me trained! Every morning, she knows what time I get up and she jumps out of the bed and goes to her treat jar for me to give her a treat! She’s also the smartest dog we ever had. Last night, I got home late and I forgot to feed her, so when I was on the computer she came over to tell me that I forgot to feed her by jumping up on me!

I can’t wait!

Amazon just delivered a package (left it at front door) and I didn't hear a thing but of course Buddy's ears were up. I was on the couch, he was next to me. I checked to see if the package was delivered quickly on my lap top and sure enough, it said it was delivered at the same time his ears went up so I checked the door and it was there.

She is smart as a whip and knows she has you trained, a unique combination.

When you feed her, does she immediately eat her entire bowl or does she slowly eat here and there?
Old 03-06-2020, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:

Amazon just delivered a package (left it at front door) and I didn't hear a thing but of course Buddy's ears were up. I was on the couch, he was next to me. I checked to see if the package was delivered quickly on my lap top and sure enough, it said it was delivered at the same time his ears went up so I checked the door and it was there.
LOL! He's smart!

Quote:
She is smart as a whip and knows she has you trained, a unique combination.

When you feed her, does she immediately eat her entire bowl or does she slowly eat here and there?
She waits until after we're done with dinner (so she can get some of what we're eating ) and then she'll eat her food a few minutes after that.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-06-2020, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
LOL! He's smart!
Both our dogs are highly intelligent.

Quote:
She waits until after we're done with dinner (so she can get some of what we're eating ) and then she'll eat her food a few minutes after that.
That is such an intelligent thing for her to do.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, Michelle!
Old 03-06-2020, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, I wanted to let you know that Anna landed safely. Like I mentioned, they are staying with her friend’s Grandparents who live in Houston. But I didn’t know this until right now… the Grandparents will be leaving for a week tomorrow. So they will be staying there alone with access to cars, etc. A great situation they have for sure. It’s pretty incredible you guys are in the same city even if it’s huge.

Anna already can’t believe how big everything is. LOL.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-06-2020 at 01:14 PM
Old 03-06-2020, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Jerry, I wanted to let you know that Anna landed safely. Like I mentioned, they are staying with her friend’s Grandparents who live in Houston. But I didn’t know this until right now… the Grandparents will be leaving for a week tomorrow. So they will be staying there alone with access to cars, etc. A great situation they have for sure. It’s pretty incredible you guys are in the same city even if it’s huge.

Very glad to hear that Anna had a safe landing.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, I just talked to Anna (my dad's on the phone with her right now) and she said 100% if you can suggest some restaurants and things to do, please go for it. My dad has a rep who lives in Houston too and might call him. I'm like, "No, I can ask my friend."

She also said they are going to Galveston as well.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-06-2020 at 02:12 PM
Old 03-06-2020, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Depending on what type of food they like, there is a chain called Pappas that have different types of Restaurants in the Houston area, and they're all excellent.

They're pricey, but they're excellent. The food is outstanding.

Here is a link to their website:
https://www.pappas.com/restaurants/

On that page, there is a link for their locations, as they're all over the Houston area.

Houston has an excellent museum district and the Johnson Space Center tour is popular.

Houston Museum District:
https://houmuse.org/

I really like the Houston Museum of Natural Science myself.

Johnson Space Center:

https://spacecenter.org/

Old 03-06-2020, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Depending on what type of food they like, there is a chain called Pappas that have different types of Restaurants in the Houston area, and they're all excellent.

They're pricey, but they're excellent. The food is outstanding.

Here is a link to their website:
https://www.pappas.com/restaurants/

On that page, there is a link for their locations, as they're all over the Houston area.

Houston has an excellent museum district and the Johnson Space Center tour is popular.

Houston Museum District:
https://houmuse.org/

I really like the Houston Museum of Natural Science myself.

Johnson Space Center:

https://spacecenter.org/
Thank you so much, Jerry! I will pass it along.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, my dad just got off the phone with the rep who lives in Houston and he 100% agreed with you about Pappas. He said that is IT.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Jerry, my dad just got off the phone with the rep who lives in Houston and he 100% agreed with you about Pappas. He said that is IT.
Great! Yes, those restaurants are fantastic, and they have all different ones depending on what you like to eat. I hope that Anna and her friends have a wonderful time while they're here, and that they have a wonderful time in Florida.

Here is some information about things to do in Galveston:

https://vacationidea.com/ideas/best-...galveston.html

Old 03-06-2020, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:

That's wonderful! I'm glad that they landed safely. Yes, Houston is really huge. You could literally drive for 45 minutes in any direction and still be in it. I hope that they have a great time!

Old 03-07-2020, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Great! Yes, those restaurants are fantastic, and they have all different ones depending on what you like to eat. I hope that Anna and her friends have a wonderful time while they're here, and that they have a wonderful time in Florida.

Here is some information about things to do in Galveston:

https://vacationidea.com/ideas/best-...galveston.html
Thanks, friend!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread