Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2019, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Nice looking couple!! Seems like you have a wonderful relationship with each other.
Thanks Betty! Yes we do.

Thanks for your kind comment Michelle.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-30-2019, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Blizzard and Winter Warnings all across the state.

Finally ending tomorrow mid-afternoon.
Wow!

Teresa, Goldie and I got caught in a downpour on our walk tonight, but that's nothing compared to what you're going through. Please stay safe!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-01-2019, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Wow!

Teresa, Goldie and I got caught in a downpour on our walk tonight, but that's nothing compared to what you're going through. Please stay safe!
Thanks! The plows/snow crew really do a nice job of making the roads as safe as possible. That said, the roads can still be challenging in certain spots. After this batch ends, we have a break until next weekend.

That sucks about your downpour. I hate when that happens. Does Goldie do okay outside when it's raining or she just hates the thunder and noise when storms happen?
Old 12-01-2019, 01:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks! The plows/snow crew really do a nice job of making the roads as safe as possible. That said, the roads can still be challenging in certain spots. After this batch ends, we have a break until next weekend.

That sucks about your downpour. I hate when that happens. Does Goldie do okay outside when it's raining or she just hates the thunder and noise when storms happen?
I guess there's two of us who can't sleep right now! I think that the thought of having to go back to work on Monday is weighing on my mind.

That's good that the plows/snow crew do a good job of making the roads safe. We don't have that here. During the few times that it snows, everything comes to a standstill and they have no snow removal equipment.

Goldie does fine in the rain if it's just a regular rainstorm, but if there's thunder and lightning she gets scared and she starts barking and crying.

Old 12-01-2019, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I guess there's two of us who can't sleep right now! I think that the thought of having to go back to work on Monday is weighing on my mind.

That's good that the plows/snow crew do a good job of making the roads safe. We don't have that here. During the few times that it snows, everything comes to a standstill and they have no snow removal equipment.

Goldie does fine in the rain if it's just a regular rainstorm, but if there's thunder and lightning she gets scared and she starts barking and crying.
I bet! Is your next time off for Christmas? How much sleep did you get? I was up on and off all night. I did get some sleep but it was really choppy. Oh well, that's better than getting no sleep at all. I think for me, there's a few things weighing on my mind (holiday season is always tough)... one acute thing is Buddy's back to being a picky eater. He went a little over 24 hours without eating but would eat eggs (I cut some egg whites off from my plate) when offered. Last night he ate his dog food but now this morning he refuses to eat again. I can't tell if he's just sick of the taste of his food, he wants a new food schedule created, or he's holding out hoping he gets more table food. It's a tiring situation because it should be automatic. My dad is making homemade beef soup today and he was around my dad smelling the food but the second I put out his food he sniffed it, then walked away.

ETA: I went to the fridge and got a slice of cheese. I started eating it at my computer and Buddy was in front of me expecting me to give him a piece. That is not the sign of a physically sick dog. LOL. I think he's holding out for better food. He wouldn't be interested in human food otherwise. I know I shouldn't have but the temptation was there because I wanted to see if he'd have a piece so I broke off a tiny piece... he inhaled it. So I think he's waiting for us to feed him our food. I guess we're going to have to stop giving him tiny pieces of human food for now.

I figured it would be bad when you guys do get snow. It does make sense since it hardly happens so the state wouldn't feel the need to financially spend extra money on those rare moments.

That is good Goldie isn't bothered by rain in general.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-01-2019 at 08:13 AM
Old 12-01-2019, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I bet! Is your next time off for Christmas? How much sleep did you get? I was up on and off all night. I did get some sleep but it was really choppy. Oh well, that's better than getting no sleep at all. I think for me, there's a few things weighing on my mind (holiday season is always tough)... one acute thing is Buddy's back to being a picky eater. He went a little over 24 hours without eating but would eat eggs (I cut some egg whites off from my plate) when offered. Last night he ate his dog food but now this morning he refuses to eat again. I can't tell if he's just sick of the taste of his food, he wants a new food schedule created, or he's holding out hoping he gets more table food. It's a tiring situation because it should be automatic. My dad is making homemade beef soup today and he was around my dad smelling the food but the second I put out his food he sniffed it, then walked away.

I figured it would be bad when you guys do get snow. It does make sense since it hardly happens so the state wouldn't feel the need to financially spend extra money on those rare moments.

That is good Goldie isn't bothered by rain in general.
I just have to work two weeks and then I'll be off for a week (we're going to Florida again) and then I'll work from home Christmas week (the 23rd, 26th, and 27th) and then I'll be off again until January 2nd, so I'm in the home stretch, but I have a big bid due Wednesday and I have to look at it today and I'm sure a lot of work came in while I was gone. I'm not happy at work in general so I sort of have to brace myself just to deal with it. Oh well.

I hope that Buddy's eating habits get back to normal. Goldie never has that problem where she doesn't eat! The only thing about her is sometimes she won't eat her dog food because she would rather eat our food, but lately she eats both!

Homemade beef soup sounds good! Teresa is making homemade turkey noodle soup today from the leftover turkey from our Thanksgiving meal, plus she's making Turkey Tetrazzini.

Old 12-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is incredible... LOL.

So I kept his food out (it is wet food so basically can only be out 3ish hours) this entire time. My dad came home with egg sandwiches. Buddy twirled around all excited thinking he was getting some of our food. He kept going to his own food, sniffing, but holding out. He watched me eat my sandwich, he sat in front of me expecting me to give him something. I didn't. My dad didn't as well. When he realized we were done, he scanned the kitchen floor for any crumbs we might have dropped, then promptly went to his own food and ate it all.

Oh man, Buddy, you are something else.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I just have to work two weeks and then I'll be off for a week (we're going to Florida again) and then I'll work from home Christmas week (the 23rd, 26th, and 27th) and then I'll be off again until January 2nd, so I'm in the home stretch, but I have a big bid due Wednesday and I have to look at it today and I'm sure a lot of work came in while I was gone. I'm not happy at work in general so I sort of have to brace myself just to deal with it. Oh well.
Good that you have time off coming up though and you guys are also going to Florida! When will you leave for Florida and return? I hope the big bid goes okay. How's your boss been treating you?

Quote:
I hope that Buddy's eating habits get back to normal. Goldie never has that problem where she doesn't eat! The only thing about her is sometimes she won't eat her dog food because she would rather eat our food, but lately she eats both!

Quote:
Homemade beef soup sounds good! Teresa is making homemade turkey noodle soup today from the leftover turkey from our Thanksgiving meal, plus she's making Turkey Tetrazzini.
Yum!
Old 12-02-2019, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Good that you have time off coming up though and you guys are also going to Florida! When will you leave for Florida and return? I hope the big bid goes okay. How's your boss been treating you?
We leave for Florida on Saturday the 14th and we return the following Saturday the 21st. We're going to have our house painted during that time as it really needs it. We'll board Goldie. The contractor that I use is completely trustworthy and we've known him for years. I used to work with his wife.

Quote:
Yes, Goldie loves to eat!

Quote:
Yum!
I had the soup for lunch today and it was really good.

Old 12-02-2019, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We leave for Florida on Saturday the 14th and we return the following Saturday the 21st. We're going to have our house painted during that time as it really needs it. We'll board Goldie. The contractor that I use is completely trustworthy and we've known him for years. I used to work with his wife.
Wow, sounds outstanding all around. I wish I lived near you. I'd watch Goldie while you guys were gone since I work from home. It would be my pleasure. How nice that you will come home to your house being freshly painted too. Beautiful!

Quote:
Yes, Goldie loves to eat!
Buddy still is pulling the picky eater thing but he always ends up eating his own food eventually. This morning I put out his food. He sniffed it and looked at me like I needed to go make him some eggs. I kept it on the floor, got my keys, went to Dunkin Donuts (there's a new location not far from where we live, so excited) and bought some fresh coffee (I even bought two pounds of Dark Roast and Hazelnut, I really like their coffee) and when I returned he had eaten his food and was interested in the eggs I was eating. It sat on the floor an hour before I left. I did give him some eggs (but only because he finally ate his food). That is my plan. He receives no other food until he eats his own food and only then. He is smart, he will understand this soon enough.

Quote:
I had the soup for lunch today and it was really good.
Sounds wonderful! The beef soup my dad made was SO good last night. I'm sipping some from a mug right now.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love reading your banter about dogs...food... & Jerry! Your meals sound so yummy.

I have been house bound and snowed in with my 2 cherubs. Everything I had planned couldn't be accomplished because of the weather. We did make a gingerbread house today...

Old 12-03-2019, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Cute! One of my fondest childhood memories this time of the year = building Gingerbread Houses (always at school and home right before Christmas). I'm sure your Grandchildren loved going there with their Grandmother.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Does everyone have their tree up?
Old 12-03-2019, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
^ Cute! One of my fondest childhood memories this time of the year = building Gingerbread Houses (always at school and home right before Christmas). I'm sure your Grandchildren loved going there with their Grandmother.
They did enjoy making the gingerbread house. The only problem was they wanted to eat it and that was OK with me, but after reading the ingredients it said there Could be a trace of peanuts. Why does every single thing say that?!?. Lana is allergic to peanuts and even if Product does not contain peanuts there’s always a warning on the box that there could be peanuts. It’s so frustrating! I ended up throwing the gingerbread house away!
Old 12-03-2019, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
They did enjoy making the gingerbread house. The only problem was they wanted to eat it and that was OK with me, but after reading the ingredients it said there Could be a trace of peanuts. Why does every single thing say that?!?. Lana is allergic to peanuts and even if Product does not contain peanuts there’s always a warning on the box that there could be peanuts. It’s so frustrating! I ended up throwing the gingerbread house away!
That sucks. No idea about the peanuts thing but you're right, you always see that on warning labels, even on items that shouldn't have any peanuts. It could be because when they make the non-peanut food, peanuts are also around. You also always see warning labels about gluten possibly on items that are gluten free. I guess there's gluten food around the non-gluten food OR the machines they use to make food can have some cross contamination of both items.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread